BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tata Group is planning to multiply the number of employees at its electronics factory in southern India that makes iPhone components, adding tens of thousands of workers as part of a push to win more business from Apple Inc. (AAPL)
Anyone who has spent time reading papers and patents from the pen of Dr. Arpan Pal and team at TCS will know that many propose the involvement of mobile phones for providing the processing for monitoring health and bringing AKIDA technology and mobile phones together has some significant attraction in my opinion.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Markus Schäfer
Markus Schäfer• Follower:inMitglied des Vorstands der Mercedes-Benz Group AG, Chief Technology Officer, Entwicklung & Einkauf1 Min. • vor 1 Minute

Following our “Moon landing” with DRIVE PILOT last year, this is my personal “Mars landing”: It’s all systems go for Automated Valet Parking at Stuttgart Airport!

Mercedes-Benz AG just became the first-ever manufacturer to receive official approval for commercial use of highly automated #driverless parking (SAE Level 4) in production vehicles in Germany.

The SAE Level 4 highly automated system, which we developed in partnership with Bosch, allows the driver to exit the vehicle upon arrival at the car park and let the technology take over.

Germany’s motor transport authority, the “Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt” (KBA) gave the go-ahead to use the system at Stuttgart airport’s P6 parking garage run by APCOA PARKING Holdings GmbH. It means first customers in Germany with S-Class and EQS models built since July 2022 whose vehicle variants feature the INTELLIGENT PARK PILOT service as part of Mercedes me connect will soon be able to take advantage of this super-convenient and time-saving feature.

They simply reserve their space via the Mercedes me app. On arrival at the dedicated drop-off point, they then activate the process using the app once everyone has left the vehicle. As soon as the intelligent infrastructure confirms takeover of the parking process, the driver can simply walk away. Picking the vehicle back up again is basically the same process in reverse.

Imagine a late-night arrival after a long journey. All you have to do is hail your Mercedes via the app and it will be waiting for you at the pre-defined pick-up point.

Admittedly, kicking this off at Stuttgart Airport is especially convenient for me, personally. However, the plan is to roll it out in more car parks worldwide over the next few years.

Which one next, I wonder?
1669799084355.png

#FutureOfMobility #LeadInCarSoftware

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
My personal opinion requires two disclosures before being given:

1. I am star struck and in awe of the AKIDA (Science Fiction) technology;
and,

2. I am watching Rick Stein cutting (picking) asparagus and the humble asparagus takes three years from planting to first cut. To farm asparagus you need patience. In my business the majority of my clients from the moment they walked through the door until I was paid took three to five years. As long as I correctly identified the issues and did my job correctly I could have confidence in the outcome. So unlike most I do not have the absence of income at the forefront of my analysis of any company.

So as I love the technology, have patience and do not prioritise income over other elements of building a business rather I see income as the product of those elements I am well satisfied with what he and the rest of the Brainchip team are achieving.

In fact I personally could not ask for more than what has been achieved to date.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thankfully, Akida does more than make your pee smell funny!

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Dallas

Regular

• Fire

Dallas

Regular
Die Reproduktion dieser Kommunikationsspitzen wird bereits mit künstlichen neuronalen Netzen erforscht, aber wir haben gerade erst begonnen, an der Oberfläche dessen zu kratzen, was mit neuromorpher Hardware möglich wäre. „Derzeit versuchen die Leute, so weit wie möglich auf der bestehenden Chipherstellungsarchitektur aufzubauen“, bemerkt Ralph Dammel, Technology Fellow.

Unternehmen wie IBM, Intel, BrainChip und SynSense (eine Firma, in die wir investiert haben [6]) sowie akademische Organisationen sind wegweisende experimentelle Plattformen, die Tausende von Verarbeitungskernen zusammenführen, um Neuronen zu simulieren und sie mit künstlichen Synapsen zusammenzufügen. Der TrueNorth-Chip von IBM zum Beispiel verfügt über mehr als eine Million Neuronen, die durch über 250 Millionen Synapsen verbunden sind [7].

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Die Reproduktion dieser Kommunikationsspitzen wird bereits mit künstlichen neuronalen Netzen erforscht, aber wir haben gerade erst begonnen, an der Oberfläche dessen zu kratzen, was mit neuromorpher Hardware möglich wäre. „Derzeit versuchen die Leute, so weit wie möglich auf der bestehenden Chipherstellungsarchitektur aufzubauen“, bemerkt Ralph Dammel, Technology Fellow.

Unternehmen wie IBM, Intel, BrainChip und SynSense (eine Firma, in die wir investiert haben [6]) sowie akademische Organisationen sind wegweisende experimentelle Plattformen, die Tausende von Verarbeitungskernen zusammenführen, um Neuronen zu simulieren und sie mit künstlichen Synapsen zusammenzufügen. Der TrueNorth-Chip von IBM zum Beispiel verfügt über mehr als eine Million Neuronen, die durch über 250 Millionen Synapsen verbunden sind [7].

Translation:

Reproducing these communication spikes is already being explored with artificial neural networks, but we've only just begun to scratch the surface of what would be possible with neuromorphic hardware. "Currently, people are trying to build on the existing chip fabrication architecture as much as possible," notes Ralph Dammel, Technology Fellow. Companies like IBM, Intel, BrainChip and SynSense (a company we have invested in [6]) as well as academic organizations are pioneering experimental platforms that bring together thousands of processing cores to simulate neurons and connect them with artificial synapses. IBM's TrueNorth chip, for example, has over a million neurons connected by over 250 million synapses [7].

Merck has invested in SynSense - see below:

Hopefully they realise they haven't backed the winner and convert to AKIDA...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Proga

Regular
Good signs that Sean has gone from 2 million restricted stock units to Fully Paid Ordinary Shares.

"What Is a Restricted Stock Unit (RSU)?
A restricted stock unit (RSU) is an award of stock shares, usually given as a form of employee compensation. The recipient must meet certain conditions before the restricted stock units are transferred to the owner.

Restricted stock units are issued to employees through a vesting plan and distribution schedule after they achieve required performance milestones or upon remaining with their employer for a particular length of time.

Restricted stock units give employees interest in their employer's equity but have no tangible value until they are vested. The RSUs are assigned a fair market value (FMV) when they vest. Restricted stock units are considered income once vested, and a portion of the shares is withheld to pay income taxes. The employee then receives the remaining shares and has the right to sell them."
It's just his salary package for his 1st 3 year contract. $450k cash plus 2m shares per year. I'm not sure if he has any performance bonuses on top of that.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Wow
I have been thinking about this and it occurred to me that Renesas is marketing AKIDA to the low end of the market with two nodes.

Whereas Edge Impulse is following the course set out by Sean Hehir “
• Refining, expanding, and accelerating our roadmap and see opportunities beyond the edge.”

This is why they are comparing AKIDA to GPU’s.

Remember ARM is combining AKIDA with their mass market Cortex M33 processor. This fills in between Renesas and Edge Impulse.

Saturating the market, being essential and ubiquitous seems to be the strategy.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks @Fact Finder I ghink I have just got caught up in the low power end and forgot about that broader strategy

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Arm
Arm353.242 Follower:innen10 Std. • vor 10 Stunden

Exciting news from Amazon Web Services (AWS) #reInvent 2022! Peter Desantis, SVP of AWS Utility Computing, announced several new world-class Arm-based offerings:

✅ Nitro v5 with 30% lower latency and 40% better performance per watt.

✅ C7gn instance with 200Gbps networking and up to 50% better packet processing compared to C6gn.

✅ Graviton3E CPU optimized for HPC workloads and up to 35% higher performance over Graviton3 on HPL.

✅ HPC7g instance powered by Graviton3E and Nitro v5, delivering new levels of price-performance to HPC workloads.

Congratulations to AWS and Annapurna Labs on these new innovations! Together we are redefining the global computing infrastructure with next-generation Arm Neoverse platforms.

1669806359706.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
1669807220244.png

Dvn Automotive Lidar Conference & Expo​

“Applications, Use Cases & Testing, Technology, Eco-System”​

Since their inception, DVN Lidar Conferences have quickly become the must-go technical congress to see and hear all about the latest innovations amidst the gal-loping growth of the automotive lidar sector.

The fifth DVN LiDAR Conference is scheduled for November 30 December 1st, 2022 in the Frankfurt am Main area.​

Luckily DVN could organize its 4th Lidar Conference last year November as a Live event with about 180 participants meeting each other face-to-face. The participants highly welcomed this opportunity for intense in-person networking. Also this year DVN have the firm ambition to celebrate the 5th anniversary of its Lidar Conference as a Live event with intense networking and highlighting the cornerstones of the history of the DVN Lidar conference. Nevertheless, DVN are well aware that the pandemic situation is not yet stable and travel restrictions might hamper participants to join personally in November. On the other hand, like in the 4th Lidar Conference we will strictly follow all applicable Corona regulations to safeguard the health of our conference participants.
So we are committed to delivering a strong lineup of 30 high-calibre speakers and companies from every part of the automotive lidar eco-system: automakers, lidar suppliers, tier lighting suppliers, research outfits, and analysts. A first afternoon conference will take place on November 30 followed by a networking dinner and a full conference day on December 1st.
Along with a best in class lecture docket, we will also have top-notch exhibition and networking facilities, so exhibitors will have the opportunity to present their companies’ latest technologies and techniques.

All main players have now concluded that for the foreseeable future lidar is the only technology able to provide the redundancy needed for Level 3+ and above.

This event will help you to make your mind on this subject.
There will be room for about 250 attendees, with seats available on a first-come basis.
If you want to present, exhibit, or attend, find detailed information below or please contact Geoffrey Lebrun at: glebrun@drivingvisionnews.com

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Taproot

Regular
Anyone who has spent time reading papers and patents from the pen of Dr. Arpan Pal and team at TCS will know that many propose the involvement of mobile phones for providing the processing for monitoring health and bringing AKIDA technology and mobile phones together has some significant attraction in my opinion.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Sean Wu
Sean Wu• 2.Head of Digital Marketing at PUFsecurity

Thanks for Mohamed Awad's intro to Mary Bennion and Tobias McBride and the awesome channel for partners.
And truly appreciate Paul Williamson and CK Tseng's support along the way to make this possible.

PUFsecurity
PUFsecurity7 Std. • vor 7 Stunden

With the advent of the IoT era and the increasing emphasis on security, security solutions down to the hardware base will no longer be an option but a MUST. PUFsecurity offers PUF-based foundational hardware security IPs for semiconductors to anchor security into silicon.
Today, we are more than happy to announce that PUFsecurity is part of
Arm AI Ecosystem Partner! You can check our PSA Certified solutions on the Partner Ecosystem Catalog and stay tuned for our upcoming technical material about our crypto coprocessor PUFcc. You can get more details about how PUFcc was successfully integrated with Arm Cortex-M33 and Corstone-201 and passed the PSA Certification. More importantly, you should know how this collaborative solution helps you to build a secure system #onArm and #onPUFsecurity!

Special thanks to Mary Bennion and Tobias McBride for your support in making the page go live.

#Arm #PUFsecurity #SoCsecurity #rootoftrust #cryptocoprocessor #semiconductor #AI #IoT

PUFsecurity​

PUFsecurity Corporation offers PUF-based foundational hardware security IPs for semiconductors to secure our increasingly connected world.

Reactions: 7 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Reactions: 5 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Translation:

Reproducing these communication spikes is already being explored with artificial neural networks, but we've only just begun to scratch the surface of what would be possible with neuromorphic hardware. "Currently, people are trying to build on the existing chip fabrication architecture as much as possible," notes Ralph Dammel, Technology Fellow. Companies like IBM, Intel, BrainChip and SynSense (a company we have invested in [6]) as well as academic organizations are pioneering experimental platforms that bring together thousands of processing cores to simulate neurons and connect them with artificial synapses. IBM's TrueNorth chip, for example, has over a million neurons connected by over 250 million synapses [7].

Merck has invested in SynSense - see below:

Hopefully they realise they haven't backed the winner and convert to AKIDA...
I would like to know what @Diogenese say to SynSense?

Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom