BRN Discussion Ongoing

Some body needs to come up with cyber security solution that blocks hackers.
I searched data breaches in Australia and came up with a list of attacks that has doubled since 2018 to 130 violations this year.
There are 1000s of solutions in the market for blocking attackers, what do mean come up with a solution. It’s on the company’s to actually use best security practices and solutions to ensure they can mitigate attacks.

The only person to blame for this is the the listed companys in the article. They always cheap out and don’t care until they have been attacked. You need to enforce better standards in Australia by making laws and audits based on those laws that security practices are being done

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Slade

Top 20
No news is good news

• Haha
  • Sad
There are 1000s of solutions in the market for blocking attackers, what do mean come up with a solution. It’s on the company’s to actually use best security practices and solutions to ensure they can mitigate attacks.

The only person to blame for this is the the listed companys in the article. They always cheap out and don’t care until they have been attacked. You need to enforce better standards in Australia by making laws and audits based on those laws that security practices are being done
Obviously it's not done well enough yet.

DarkTrace actually has the solution, a brilliant way to turn upside down security. It's AI learns the behaviour of every device in the organization and is of course very inquisitive in the start, but after that it can shut down suspiciously behaving devices in the same second an attack happens. It can protect against unknown threats and is not vulerable to zero day attacks, unlike other current systems.

Reactions: 4 users
An opinion as to what is happening with the market here in Australia.

It was Thanks Giving last Thursday so markets in US including bond markets were closed.

Followed by Black Friday and US markets opened but only for a half day.

So even though the markets appeared to think that the Fed notes indicated inflation was coming under control and was recovering on Wednesday, coming into the weekend the rest of the World has not had a lead with which to judge the strength of US sentiment. Uncertainty reigns.

The US markets will all reopen tonight and trade for the whole week. This should set the sentiment as to how World markets will play out through to the end of December and the World and the ASX will like sheep follow whatever the US decides.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users
Was flicking through software, tech geek sites and came across this guys comment....flabdablet....not sure if a holder or not and biased but liked his thoughts even though pretty big call :unsure:

Screenshot_2022-11-28-10-35-52-00_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Quick background on the 6502 :oops:

6502 Micro-processor​

Manufacturer: MOS Technology
Category: Processors
Year: 1975

When one particular chubby-faced geek stuck one particular chip into one particular computer circuit board and booted it up, the universe skipped a beat.

The geek was Steve Wozniak, the computer was the Apple I, and the chip was the 6502, an 8-bit microprocessor developed by MOS Technology. The chip, and its variants went on to become the main brains of ridiculously seminal computers like the Apple II, the Commodore PET, the Commodore 64, and the BBC Micro, not to mention game systems like the Nintendo Entertainment System and the Atari 2600 (also known as the Atari VCS).

Chuck Peddle, one of the chip’s creators, recalls when they introduced the 6502 at a trade show in 1975. “We had two glass jars filled with chips,” he says, “and I had my wife sit there selling them.” (In 2016, Peddle admitted that at the time he had only enough working processors for the upper layers of the jars—they were mostly filled with nonworking chips.) Hordes showed up. The reason: The 6502 wasn’t just faster than its competitors—it was also way cheaper, selling for US $25 while Intel’s 8080 and Motorola’s 6800 were both fetching nearly $200.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
Obviously it's not done well enough yet.

DarkTrace actually has the solution, a brilliant way to turn upside down security. It's AI learns the behaviour of every device in the organization and is of course very inquisitive in the start, but after that it can shut down suspiciously behaving devices in the same second an attack happens. It can protect against unknown threats and is not vulerable to zero day attacks, unlike other current systems.
Everyone has AI it’s a buzz word, which darktrace solution are we talking about they have a few? Is it the microsegmentation tool? I think there are a few companies that blow them out of the water too.

Remember security means defence in depth. You can’t just have one layer of security e.g. a WAF with AI to protect yourself.

This topic can get very deep. Interested to know why darktrace is not a leader in any of the solutions they provide.

Reactions: 2 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Bit of an uprising against the communists/dictatorship in China, won't be shown on main stream media I assume, but this could be another reason why markets and commodities are struggling.

My thoughts are with those people, I hope they gain enough strength and courage to fight for their freedom 🙏 Market will eventually rebound, but for Chinese people this could be their last chance for many things human.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
I miss the Ken Robot T-Shirt days.
I have two mint unopened one that I’m saving for a milestone. Or maybe I should leave it and sell them in 10 years time to one of you desperate chippers 🤑

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Dhm

Regular
I have two mint unopened one that I’m saving for a milestone. Or maybe I should leave it and sell them in 10 years time to one of you desperate chippers 🤑
I'll buy it in 10 years time for $100, which will be the Brainchip SP then! I can't wait to put it on!

• Love
  • Haha
Everyone has AI it’s a buzz word, which darktrace solution are we talking about they have a few? Is it the microsegmentation tool? I think there are a few companies that blow them out of the water too.

Remember security means defence in depth. You can’t just have one layer of security e.g. a WAF with AI to protect yourself.

This topic can get very deep. Interested to know why darktrace is not a leader in any of the solutions they provide.
I would be happy to learn if there are anybody that can do what they do.

Darktrace is a fairly new contender in the field, they have a radically different approach and are rapidly growing quadrupeling their revenue in four years. Nothing is preventing it from working alongside other systems. What I notice is that customers are happy and customer retention high, which means that it works, no matter the secret sauce/AI.

Brainchip could possibly increase the customer experience further, by being a much faster learner.

Reactions: 2 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Beware of moths! 🤣

• Haha
@FJ-215

Thanks for kind words.

Will try explain a few things below and provide some poss supp / resist visuals you can use as a guide.

@Foxdog

Love the Heineken Asahi word play :LOL:

Though, the HA candles are still ok so far.

As simple as I can explain.

The HA candles use a diff calculation and are based over 2 candles (averages) & filters a lot of noise so smoother for trend / reversals.

Long body, long upper wick more bullish. Bulls pushing it up.
Long body, long lower wick more bearish. Bears pushing down.
Shorter bodies with top & bottom wicks poss pause, indecision as bulls / bears fight (bit of equilibrium). Watch for change.

So, currently, the recent HA candles are stronger bullish though wicks a little short as we hit into a poss resist area.

Would like to clear this zone but do need watch for any candle body shortening or doji around this level next week if we can't.

Anyway, I use a number of diff charts / indicators as there are certain one I favour more but can't all on one chart so I look for correlations between various indicators / supp & resist levels as most indicators have slightly diff formulas, data sources etc and finding correlations between them provides me a little more confidence on what I'm looking at.

I get they can appear a bit busy, complex or confusing and if any questions, just ask. If looking at lower indicators, look at their movement then vertically above to the what the SP / Bar did...they are related obviously.

I can always just strip one back to only show a couple maybe key thoughts based on what I've already looked at on the other charts.

Charting & Fundamentals go hand & hand imo.

Charting imo is essentially a visual representation of how the mkt (buyers / sellers) react at certain levels, with certain news flow, released or perceived / known as coming. Explosive moves (like Merc) obviously happen when unexpected...good or bad.

A lot of people try to think it is forward looking crystal ball dark magic stuff haha...but basically to look at a chart....LOOK LEFT then RIGHT.

It is not an exact science as it is dealing with human emotions (other the effing bots) and other variables, like Mkt Makers painting the tape etc.

Human nature being what it is, if you can identify certain moves or reactions left then can start to draw some probabilities for current / future situations.

So, a few charts D & a Wkly (couple posted prev) and I've tried to provide some basic info on the indicators and if you look at all then you can start to see certain levels / areas across all.

Higher 70's / 80 as pointed out the other day, around 90 next up etc.

Remembering supply vol comes from sellers & buyers either need hold a level & absorb then move up or if the smart money are in, then they may be able to assist push through supply.

Simplest charting to learn & is worthwhile imo is supp / resist, trendlines, moving averages (common) & maybe some basic patterns like channels, flags / pennants & triangles. General rule is prev support can become future resist & vice versa.

Good w/end all.

View attachment 22921

View attachment 22922

View attachment 22923

View attachment 22924

View attachment 22925
Same charts as at EOD today fwiw for those playing along at home with some additional notes here & there.

Can see how things can change / move as we go.

1669614790583.png

1669614859691.png

1669614957447.png

1669615009669.png

1669615151962.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Does anyone have the data that shows if the institutions are buying or selling?

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have the data that shows if the institutions are buying or selling?
@stan9614 to his / her credit kindly posted this elsewhere a few days ago on the 24th. If the same Stan?

Could ask if has direct access or sourced originals from someone else?

Screenshot_2022-11-28-14-47-31-37_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Don't know if this was posted previously when Anils one was?

Is from the recent TinyML forum end of Sept.

Watch from around the 9.15 min mark when at the end of his piece the moderator asks Christoph about the Neuromorphic Hardware / Chips etc roles could play with event-based vision.

Starts answer / comment with.....but then gets a bit cagey on architecture...wonder if just on their stuff or us as well :unsure:

1669619483047.png

This is the vid presso:

Neuromorphic Event-based Vision
Christoph POSCH, CTO, PROPHESEE

Abstract (English)
Neuromorphic Event-based (EB) vision is an emerging paradigm of acquisition and processing of visual information that takes inspiration from the functioning of the human vision system, trying to recreate its visual information acquisition and processing operations on VLSI silicon chips. In contrast to conventional image sensors, EB sensors do not use one common sampling rate (=frame rate) for all pixels, but each pixel defines the timing of its own sampling points in response to its visual input by reacting to changes of the amount of incident light. The highly efficient way of acquiring sparse data, the high temporal resolution and the robustness to uncontrolled lighting conditions are characteristics of the event sensing process that make EB vision attractive for numerous applications in industrial, surveillance, IoT, AR/VR, automotive. This short presentation will give an introduction to EB sensing technology and highlight a few exemplary use cases.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Of course we all knew that Brainchip AERO could identify the 20 Gas Data Set each set containing 10 gases with state of the art performance but it seems NASA has caught on to what can be done as well:

Using Neural Networks to Interpret Carbon Nanotube Gas Sensor Data

NASA recently developed inexpensive, low-power, carbon nanotube (CNT) sensors for use on the International Space Station (ISS) to monitor cabin air quality. However, it is challenging to convert the CNT signals to human-readable indicators of air quality and safety. Working with the Chemical Gas Sensor team at NASA Ames Research Center, HECC data science experts built and trained a neural network using data collected on thousands of chemical exposures to address this challenge.

With initial results showing predictive accuracy better than 94%, the Ames team determined that neural networks can be a very effective way to interpret CNT data—a major step toward real-world testing on the ISS”

https://www.nas.nasa.gov › about
Success Powered by HECC

31 Oct 2022 — Using Neural Networks to Interpret Carbon Nanotube Gas Sensor Data. NASA recently developed inexpensive

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: Did I mention that Ames is where AKIDA technology is being tested?

• Love
  • Fire

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Well, well, well. Intel has been trying to implement LSTM with Loihi.

Guess what this paper proves it’s possible to do it with Loihi but quite a lot of gymnastics is involved but in doing so proves a neuromorphic SNN is more efficient than CPUs and GPUs.

Now where did we hear that recently I know it was Edge Impulse saying AKIDA running at 300 megahertz was out performing aGPU running at 900 megahertz.

To read the paper open the link and scroll down till you find image below then click on it to go to the paper:
My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

1669624591566.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom