BRN Discussion Ongoing

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
FF, whilst I'm a great fan of all you write, unfortunately this time however you are writing about something you do not understand.
If Jerome had fallen and broken some ribs riding his bike (on a few occaisions), I'm pretty sure it would have no affect on how and when he worked for Brainchip and how he did his job. The reason if anything would be so he had more time to train for competition( though he could potentially break even more ribs and do more damage, thats what pain killers are for.) He is most likely in it for the adrenalin rush which is like an addiction. It hypes the mind makes you positive and improves the quality of your work. But it does not make you want to retire from life and what you do.
Jerome mentions that he was lucky enough to win the World Masters Championship road race for his age. This is a massive achievement when you consider how many MAMIL's there are out there.
These work in steps of 5 year brackets.
He may have won that whilst he was retired before being wooed back to work for Brainchip?
I have competed in a couple of world championships (both ended in disaster) and the amount of training needed to be at the top is huge.
Most of the top guys in the over 55 cat are retired.
I would suggest that Jerome is financially secure and doesn't need to work.
I understand his love of the sport and if I could I would be retired and travelling the world training in the Italian or French alps.
I am envious but happy for him.
Thank you Jerome.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Baisyet

Regular
Looks like another reshuffle taking place.... maybe Jerome will be taking on another role???
Marketing and Strategey advisor part time thats what it says on Linkedin

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
I was perhaps most drawn to the first name and his area of responsibility but did not want to add to my wild speculation.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I have a strong aversion to the making of instant under informed poorly thought through decisions.

When I was a prosecutor inexperienced or pig headed jaded police would as they called it throw someone in based on poorly thought through instant decisions. They lacked the imagination, intelligence or the drive to look properly at what was before them and I had to sort it all out after the event when a great deal of damage had been caused.

When I was on the other side of this behaviour it made me look good in my client's eyes but at significant cost to everyone involved.

Some months ago the whole question of NDA's was pulled to pieces and most here were part of that discussion where it was disclosed that Ken Scarince the Chief Financial Officer had said that one of the NDA's was so critical that its breach by Brainchip could be disastrous for the company and shareholders.

Blind Freddie believes that for such an NDA to be that significant that the whole future of the company and shareholders would be at risk if it was breached by Brainchip then it would have to be with a huge company with the resources to crush a company the size of Brainchip. But what would he know.

So this fellow came from ARM earlier in his career and the ARM partnership is fully laid bare and we have even had a Brainchip ARM podcast and can access statistics about how Brainchip is performing on ARM's website so we can eliminate ARM as constituting such a threat most likely.

I am not trying to encourage speculation. I am just here trying to encourage genuine shareholders to open their minds and consider that there may well be another explanation than the one that first presents itself why an experienced management and Board have adopted a more laid back approach to a particular non price sensitive announcement than the one that first comes to mind.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Well now that we know you are only sitting at a 594% gain on your invested money we can all understand your impatience better
Frustrated World Cup GIF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

hamilton66

Regular
Jerome Nadel came with a mission from semi retirement at the request of Sean Hehir to write the new commercial narrative for the Brainchip commercial brand.

His mission complete he stayed on part time to assist Sean Hehir to find someone of equal quality to continue his vision which he has now done and he has returned to his first love competitive road race cycling.

A bit like Ashley Barty he knows exactly what he wants out of life and marches to his own drum.

Many thanks Jerome Nadel for sacrificing the time you would rather have spent on the road to getting Brainchip on the correct commercial path.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
F/F, great post, and appreciate the heads up. My bitch, is why am I getting this information from u, rather than BRN mgt? I'm a bolted on, lth, but this lack of communication to s/hs is really starting to piss me off. GLTA

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
" and its portfolio of Essential AI enabling technology solutions."

"Portfolio" would generally mean more than one.

We must be getting close to hearing more about 2.0.

IMO DYOR
Great signup. And all I think is more “industry contacts”….

Also agree, he must be having a mental episode to leave a successful billion dollar company for something that’s overvalued and down right silly. Clearly he did NOT read the latest amazing piece from my favourite fools….

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Getupthere

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love

wilzy123

Founding Member
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Getupthere

Regular
1669018715334.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Foxdog

Regular
I have a strong aversion to the making of instant under informed poorly thought through decisions.

When I was a prosecutor inexperienced or pig headed jaded police would as they called it throw someone in based on poorly thought through instant decisions. They lacked the imagination, intelligence or the drive to look properly at what was before them and I had to sort it all out after the event when a great deal of damage had been caused.

When I was on the other side of this behaviour it made me look good in my client's eyes but at significant cost to everyone involved.

Some months ago the whole question of NDA's was pulled to pieces and most here were part of that discussion where it was disclosed that Ken Scarince the Chief Financial Officer had said that one of the NDA's was so critical that its breach by Brainchip could be disastrous for the company and shareholders.

Blind Freddie believes that for such an NDA to be that significant that the whole future of the company and shareholders would be at risk if it was breached by Brainchip then it would have to be with a huge company with the resources to crush a company the size of Brainchip. But what would he know.

So this fellow came from ARM earlier in his career and the ARM partnership is fully laid bare and we have even had a Brainchip ARM podcast and can access statistics about how Brainchip is performing on ARM's website so we can eliminate ARM as constituting such a threat most likely.

I am not trying to encourage speculation. I am just here trying to encourage genuine shareholders to open their minds and consider that there may well be another explanation than the one that first presents itself why an experienced management and Board have adopted a more laid back approach to a particular non price sensitive announcement than the one that first comes to mind.

My opinion o

F/F, great post, and appreciate the heads up. My bitch, is why am I getting this information from u, rather than BRN mgt? I'm a bolted on, lth, but this lack of communication to s/hs is really starting to piss me off. GLTA
I sort of get what you and others are saying but in this age of social media and access to online blogs, information and media releases having to make an ASX announcement for a non price sensitive event is somewhat redundant. Anyone who is vaguely tech savvy will not be relying on the ASX to keep informed of their companies progress - I mean the company does have a website. Add to this the bureaucratic nightmare that is the ASX and I'd personally be dealing with them as little as possible. I also feel pretty well informed about company announcements and the forum(s) that are being used to convey this information, including tse.
The ASX is a shit show - instant speeding fines for an appreciating SP but absolute mute silence during a shorter inspired SP decline. I applaud our company for deftly avoiding potential ASX compliance B/S whenever they can legally do so.
Trust the process and have faith in our talented and experienced team. IMO

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

JNRB

Regular
Hi Fact Finder, I have been meaning to post this - here you go (there's an extra 2.5 mins of the next speaker at the end, which I don't have time to edit out at the moment _).

I shall return to lurking in the shadows now, if anyone needs me.

I'm pretty sure at the Linley Fall conference last year Anil said something along the lines of implying he'd be back next year (ie this year) to showcase the next version of Akida. Did we get anything to that effect?
(apologies if I've missed something, I struggle atm to keep up with the volume of posts so only get through ever other page)

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
S

Straw

This term will come in handy:
"dynamic pseudo-frame rates"

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

TopCat

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
I'm pretty sure at the Linley Fall conference last year Anil said something along the lines of implying he'd be back next year (ie this year) to showcase the next version of Akida. Did we get anything to that effect?
(apologies if I've missed something, I struggle atm to keep up with the volume of posts so only get through ever other page)
No. 😇

Reactions: 4 users

TECH

Regular
I think Nandan coming on board is a brilliant appointment - from Amazon no less. That in itself is impressive as one would expect a former employee of Jeff Bezos wouldn't be doing it for the money.

What is even more telling is that to be offered and subsequently accept an executive position at Brainchip one would have been shown what's happening under the hood. The people we are attracting seem to be the type that are able to recognise the significance of what they are seeing and despite their experience and exposure to industry technology they continue to be impressed.

Great worded post Fox.
Just our pattern repeating itself, see Akida, the romance begins, sign me up thanks team Brainchip, let the fireworks begin!
2023 and 2024. let's get the "real show" on the road. 😍

Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Talk about the minotaur's cave Nothing for Xperi, nothing for DTS, so I tried CTO Petronel Bigioi - Found a few for FOTONATION LTD:
FotoNation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Xperi.

US11046327B2 System for performing eye detection and/or tracking

1669020784791.png

[0034] As further illustrated in FIG. 3, the system 302 may include a face detector component 316 , a control component 318 , and an eye tracking component 320 . The face detector component 316 may be configured to analyze the first image data 310 in order to determine a location of a face of a user. For example, the face detector component 316 may analyze the first image data 310 using one or more algorithms associated with face detection. The one or more algorithms may include, but are not limited to, neural network algorithm(s), Principal Component Analysis algorithm(s), Independent Component Analysis algorithms(s), Linear Discriminant Analysis algorithm(s), Evolutionary Pursuit algorithm(s), Elastic Bunch Graph Matching algorithm(s), and/or any other type of algorithm(s) that the face detector component 316 may utilize to perform face detection on the first image data 310 .

[0041] The eye tracking component 320 may be configured to analyze the second image data 312 in order to determine eye position and/or a gaze direction of the user. For example, the eye tracking component 320 may analyze the second image data 312 using one or more algorithms associated with eye tracking. The one or more algorithms may include, but are not limited to, neural network algorithm(s) and/or any other types of algorithm(s) associated with eye tracking.

Missed it by that much:

[0050] As described herein, a machine-learned model which may include, but is not limited to a neural network (e.g., You Only Look Once (YOLO) neural network, VGG, DenseNet, PointNet, convolutional neural network (CNN), stacked auto-encoders, deep Boltzmann machine (DBM), deep belief networks (DBN),), regression algorithm (e.g., ordinary least squares regression (OLSR), linear regression, logistic regression, stepwise regression, multivariate adaptive regression splines (MARS), locally estimated scatterplot smoothing (LOESS)), Bayesian algorithms (e.g., naïve Bayes, Gaussian naïve Bayes, multinomial naïve Bayes, average one-dependence estimators (AODE), Bayesian belief network (BNN), Bayesian networks), clustering algorithms (e.g., k-means, k-medians, expectation maximization (EM), hierarchical clustering), association rule learning algorithms (e.g., perceptron, back-propagation, Hopfield network, Radial Basis Function Network (RBFN)), supervised learning, unsupervised learning, semi-supervised learning, etc. Additional or alternative examples of neural network architectures may include neural networks such as ResNet50, ResNet101, VGG, DenseNet, PointNet, and the like. Although discussed in the context of neural networks, any type of machine-learning may be used consistent with this disclosure. For example, machine-learning algorithms may include, but are not limited to, regression algorithms, instance-based algorithms, Bayesian algorithms, association rule learning algorithms, deep learning algorithms, etc.

... no suggestion of a digital SNN SoC, or even an analog one.

However, they did make a CNN SoC:

WO2017129325A1 A CONVOLUTIONAL NEURAL NETWORK

Von Neumann rools!

1669023101233.png

A convolutional neural network (CNN) for an image processing system comprises an image cache responsive to a request to read a block of NxM pixels extending from a specified location within an input map to provide a block of NxM pixels at an output port. A convolution engine reads blocks of pixels from the output port, combines blocks of pixels with a corresponding set of weights to provide a product, and subjects the product to an activation function to provide an output pixel value. The image cache comprises a plurality of interleaved memories capable of simultaneously providing the NxM pixels at the output port in a single clock cycle. A controller provides a set of weights to the convolution engine before processing an input map, causes the convolution engine to scan across the input map by incrementing a specified location for successive blocks of pixels and generates an output map within the image cache by writing output pixel values to successive locations within the image cache.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Nandan Nayampally
@nayampally_n

Technophile and Exec. Enjoys disruptive technology trends and driving business growth. Has led innovative businesses large and small
@Arm
@amazon
&
@brainchip
Austin, TX, USAlinkedin.com/pub/nandan-nay…Joined June 2013

Based on Twitter posts he joined AMAZON to work with ALEXA in 2020. His first post referencing ALEXA is 8.12.20.

Renesas was announced as having purchased an AKIDA IP license on 23.12.20.

Renesas and AMAZON had an established technology relationship from at least 2019 and Renesas supplies technology to AWS.

AMAZON works with NASA.

NASA trusts Brainchip.

Mr. Nayampally is a Technophile interested in neuromorphic computing called AKIDA.

Fact Finder is a Technophobe interested in neuromorphic computing called AKIDA. 😂🤡🤣🤡😂

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
Top Bottom