BRN Discussion Ongoing

mrgds

Regular
I see it like this. An exec hire is now "unimportant" given where we are at.

Expectation is high. Revenue is coming and I am hoping that management believe that we don't need "fluff" announcements. Sean wants results and he wants to deliver shareholders (us) results.

Watch the half yearly report. I am expecting some considerable revenue. I couldn't care less if we don't get an announcement now until then as long as there is a nice jump in $.

How insignificant is an exec hire when revenue increases in the 1000's of % start rolling in!
With respect @alwaysgreen
An appoinment of this calibre is not a "fluff announcement"

Its yet another strategic building block , a strengthening of the company, that the wider market should be aware of. !!!!!

Yes, i , like you are anticipating either a company making announcement or two going forward, or hopefully a considerable "up lump"
in the next 4c, ............ but i think that would be much nicer from a higher s/p base than we have now, and imo, announcements like this that
could have been, would elevate the base s/p from which we can then launch.

Sometimes unforseen circumstances arrive in peoples lives, which not by intent, make some investors have to sell down their shareholding to cover there unforseen bills/emergencies etc, ................ and at this price i think we could all agree that its not fair.

Great that so many on TSE continually put so much into "dot joining" ............... but a concrete appointment of this calibre should be known to the wider market when it happens.

Anywho, it is what it is, and as mentioned earlier, just pissed with the s/p stagnation.

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
Is a press release not enough though?

At this stage in the journey, it is for me.
Completely respect that.

However, holders are fortunate enough to have found the company whenever each individual did, became part of this community and have a pretty good handle on BRN.

We are also always looking for news, articles, info etc so see these things whereas the wider mkt may not be as they don't have the vested interest as yet.

Is why wider engagement is important imo.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

rgupta

Regular
Just trying to find what happens to Jeromne Nadel our previous CMO.
And even no one mentioned his name after the new appointment.

Reactions: 2 users

dippY22

Regular
WOW great find @thelittleshort

LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / November 20, 2022 / BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN)(OTCQX:BRCHF)(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP, has hired Nandan Nayampally as Chief Marketing Officer to drive all aspects of marketing, product management and business strategy for the company's AkidaTM event-based AI neural processor IP, and its portfolio of Essential AI enabling technology solutions.

Brainchip Holdings Limited/ADR, Sunday, November 20, 2022, Press release picture

Nayampally is an entrepreneurial executive with more than 25 years of success in building or growing technology businesses with industry-wide impact. He was at Arm for more than 15 years in a variety of product marketing and product management leadership roles, eventually becoming vice president and general manager of Arm's signature CPU group and the Client Line of Business, , where he identified key technology investments, developed a strategy and roadmap of products to deliver compelling, market-leading solutions for billions of SoCs, while establishing strategic partnerships and alliances. Nayampally comes to BrainChip from Amazon, where he helped accelerate the adoption of Alexa Voice and other multimodal services into third-party devices.

"I am excited to join BrainChip. Our unique approach to performant and efficient edge AI at scale is a great enabler for an industry that is looking for innovative and transformative solutions" said Nayampally. "It is a great opportunity to not only advance product intelligence at the sensor and the edge but unleash the full power of AI. BrainChip is positioned to create that positive change and I'm thrilled to be a part of making that happen."

"Nandan has a deep technical understanding of semiconductor design and IP as well as the market factors that lead to product success," said Sean Hehir, CEO. "We look forward to leveraging his product experience and executive success at companies like Arm and Amazon to help us deliver BrainChip solutions to the market."

Hmmm.

This is interesting for sure for a few reasons. For one, it may or may not mean that the new guy, I'll call him NN for short (any connection to Neural Networks is purely a coincidence) may or may not be a wonderful addition. Time will tell.

But does anyone wonder about the recent formerly great addition of Jerome Nadal only 9 months ago +/- that resulted in some web site changes and an approximately 60% decrease in a stock price and little or no ASX announced IP deals, and an admittedly catastrophically pathetic 3rd quarter revenue, albeit with a forecasted lumpy revenue stream for the time being (...so we were all told to expect it could be lumpy). Announced partnerships yes, but revenue??? Not so good on the revenue front lately. Was that an issue for Brainchip? Who knows?

Maybe Mr. Nadel accomplished what Sean and Co. expected of him in a record breaking 9 +/- months time and was comfortable riding his 10 speed into the sunset at this time. But as an investor in Brainchip I am always supsicious of any executive hired for stated purpose(s) (marketing) and then replaced by new executive 9 +/- months later by new (marketing) executive. Why,....I wonder?

We investors need more info and I for one expect to get that info some day soon or I will be suspicious that there was a chink in the armor of what I perceive as an otherwise smoothly running startup that was cruising along nicely as one big happy family. Simply put, something is rotten in Denmark until I hear that Jerome moved on for innocuous and or personal reasons. He is not clerical, folks, he is a significant executive and 9 months on the job is not enough time to accomplish much. I am not sure if this is a good move for Brainchip, or not. I do know my eyebrows hit my receding hair line when I read the press release. Yes, I was surprised, to say the least.

But some on this forum have relationships with some at Brainchip and I hope that soon one or more of you can obtain some additonal "color" on this sudden(?) move to replace someone that Sean and Co. were "eager to hand the reins to " for corporate and product marketing,....just 9 months ago. *

* And a comment from our investor relations people to the affect of "there's nothing to see here" is not going to cut it for me......

P.S. I am hesitant to post because others are posting fast and furiously including our esteemed FF who may take me to task for questioning our otherwise brilliant and esteemed management team. Some updates (from FF for example) have already rendered my post recent reveals. Still, I am interested in getting more infor related to this move. I would love to see Sean's 2021 one year plan (hire Marketing exec for 9 months and then hire another person because ..... )

Thanks, .....dippY
My opinions and thoughts are just that,....opinions and speculative thoughts.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users

Stockbob

Regular
Serious news!

BrainChip Names Former Arm Executive Nandan Nayampally as Chief Marketing Officer​

Sunday, November 20, 2022 5:30 PM
Brainchip Holdings Limited/ADR

Brainchip Holdings Limited/ADR

Share this Article
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Linkedin
Topic:

Management Changes
LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / November 20, 2022 /BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN)(OTCQX:BRCHF)(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP, has hired Nandan Nayampally as Chief Marketing Officer to drive all aspects of marketing, product management and business strategy for the company's AkidaTM event-based AI neural processor IP, and its portfolio of Essential AI enabling technology solutions.
Brainchip Holdings Limited/ADR, Sunday, November 20, 2022, Press release picture

Nayampally is an entrepreneurial executive with more than 25 years of success in building or growing technology businesses with industry-wide impact. He was at Arm for more than 15 years in a variety of product marketing and product management leadership roles, eventually becoming vice president and general manager of Arm's signature CPU group and the Client Line of Business, , where he identified key technology investments, developed a strategy and roadmap of products to deliver compelling, market-leading solutions for billions of SoCs, while establishing strategic partnerships and alliances. Nayampally comes to BrainChip from Amazon, where he helped accelerate the adoption of Alexa Voice and other multimodal services into third-party devices.

"I am excited to join BrainChip. Our unique approach to performant and efficient edge AI at scale is a great enabler for an industry that is looking for innovative and transformative solutions" said Nayampally. "It is a great opportunity to not only advance product intelligence at the sensor and the edge but unleash the full power of AI. BrainChip is positioned to create that positive change and I'm thrilled to be a part of making that happen."

"Nandan has a deep technical understanding of semiconductor design and IP as well as the market factors that lead to product success," said Sean Hehir, CEO. "We look forward to leveraging his product experience and executive success at companies like Arm and Amazon to help us deliver BrainChip solutions to the market."

Both Anil and Nandan are IIT Mumbai alumni ...:):)

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
There is no reason why Sony and Prophesee can't use Akida IP in their next gen of sensors like hopefully Valeo is doing with their Lidar. For all we know, they might be already working on it.
Yep, as stated by Luca when discussing the sharing Prophesee have engaged with through SONY.:
"Which is today in mass production and available in the market"

Royalties soon IMO 12:50min
this technology migration has been fundamental for us because we
managed to build the smallest event-based sensor which is today mass production and available in the market
so this is currently being together with sony deployed in several
applications covering industrial and iot

His accent obviously needs Akida 1000 interpretation to convert to txt....

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

misslou

Founding Member
I agree with alwaysgreen. Doesn’t bother me that there’s no announcement about the new CMO because the only thing that affects is todays share price.
We can’t complain we aren’t being kept informed when we all know what happened.
We have a fantastic addition to the team who is likely to take us places they took ARM and Amazon. How can you be anything except excited!
Just hold on, when we’re as well known as the above mentioned companies, no one is going to remember they didn’t release an announcement when they appointed the CMO.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
With respect @alwaysgreen
An appoinment of this calibre is not a "fluff announcement"

Its yet another strategic building block , a strengthening of the company, that the wider market should be aware of. !!!!!

Yes, i , like you are anticipating either a company making announcement or two going forward, or hopefully a considerable "up lump"
in the next 4c, ............ but i think that would be much nicer from a higher s/p base than we have now, and imo, announcements like this that
could have been, would elevate the base s/p from which we can then launch.

Sometimes unforseen circumstances arrive in peoples lives, which not by intent, make some investors have to sell down their shareholding to cover there unforseen bills/emergencies etc, ................ and at this price i think we could all agree that its not fair.

Great that so many on TSE continually put so much into "dot joining" ............... but a concrete appointment of this calibre should be known to the wider market when it happens.

Anywho, it is what it is, and as mentioned earlier, just pissed with the s/p stagnation.

AKIDA BALLISTA
Obviously it is an excellent hire and not actually fluff but hopefully it is fluff in comparison to what is to come.

I know we are not CBA or BHP, but would you expect them to announce the hire of a new marketing officer?

I don't totally disagree with what you are saying and we are all entitled to our opinions. I'm just hoping my reasoning is correct 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

VictorG

If I recall correctly Nadel was coaxed out of retirement or semi retirement to head BRN marketing. In the September 4c, Sean mentioned that BRN experienced the most sales enquiries in its history.
With the above context in mind I can only assume that Jerome achieved his goals by generating historical sales enquiries (and very possibly sales) for BRN and then he realised the position was much bigger than he imagined and he wanted to maintain some level of work/life balance. All guesswork on my part but we cant ignore Sean's statement about BRN receiving historical sales enquiries!

For what its worth I agree that an asx announcement is warranted and should be expected by BRN shareholders.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Tezza

Regular
Not fussed by no Ann regarding new exec, we all know. I am awaiting the Ann that jumps the sp to a point that it sustains not a Ann the pushes sp up for a day or 2.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Dr E Brown

Regular
When I raised about the move of Jerome to a part time marketing and strategy advisor some weeks ago, nobody took much interest. Now everybody is screaming from the rooftops about what happened, need an ASX announcement.
My own take is an ASX announcement is a nice to have for prickly shareholders.
I am more interested in share price sensitive announcements.
If you had looked at Jerome’s LinkedIn account when he moved to part time it noted his achievements as having rebranded, simplified messaging and had automated the marketing, which I found interesting. Still don’t fully understand what that means. So I will assume that he achieved what was required of him before peddling off into the sunset.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Announcements remain consistent and appear to include Director appointments only.

* Sean Hehir - 15 November 2021
* Antonia J. Viana - 01 March 2022
* Duy-Loan Le - 01 November 2022

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
And it just never ever stops happening. My interest commenced in 2016 and has never waned.

As I said researching AKIDA technology is much more fun than Sudoku or Crossword puzzles to ward off dementia.

@prnewy74 further to my earlier answer as data acquisition moves to the Edge or End Point you also start to see bandwidth issues arise.

Bandwidth does not just exist on the poles outside, in multi-storey skyscrapers bandwidth is inside walls and increasingly it comes with huge logistical and cost issues if your solution is to increase it by ripping out the old and adding new.

If every occupant adds a smart robot vacuum cleaner to their appliances this starts to take up bandwidth that never envisaged these types of technology.

Bandwidth is just like a city road system. It has a maximum capacity and it only requires one more car or device beyond capacity to jam the entire system.

AKIDA at the Edge or End Point only selecting the relevant data and sending it as meta data preserves or maximises existing bandwidth so that big tech can sell more smart fridges, washing machines, PCs, phones, fitbits etc etc.

In these existing systems you even have limitations on the amount of power available over imbedded electrical cabling that can be drawn too run all these new technologies and here to AKIDA using such ridiculously low power also adds essential value.

There are more essential reasons for big tech to embrace AKIDA than to reject it.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

And it just never ever stops happening. My interest commenced in 2016 and has never waned.

As I said researching AKIDA technology is much more fun than Sudoku or Crossword puzzles to ward off dementia.

@prnewy74 further to my earlier answer as data acquisition moves to the Edge or End Point you also start to see bandwidth issues arise.

Bandwidth does not just exist on the poles outside, in multi-storey skyscrapers bandwidth is inside walls and increasingly it comes with huge logistical and cost issues if your solution is to increase it by ripping out the old and adding new.

If every occupant adds a smart robot vacuum cleaner to their appliances this starts to take up bandwidth that never envisaged these types of technology.

Bandwidth is just like a city road system. It has a maximum capacity and it only requires one more car or device beyond capacity to jam the entire system.

AKIDA at the Edge or End Point only selecting the relevant data and sending it as meta data preserves or maximises existing bandwidth so that big tech can sell more smart fridges, washing machines, PCs, phones, fitbits etc etc.

In these existing systems you even have limitations on the amount of power available over imbedded electrical cabling that can be drawn too run all these new technologies and here to AKIDA using such ridiculously low power also adds essential value.

There are more essential reasons for big tech to embrace AKIDA than to reject it.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Brilliant!!... As the old saying goes... "back to basics". We dig so deep looking for an edge or dots that sometimes we forget the main advantage of Akida... power and bandwidth savings.

Xray1

Regular
Hi Proga,

Qualcomm has their own analog SNN so, in that sense, Akida would only be duplicating the function of the Qualcomm SNN.

There is a parallel discussion on this thread about Sony/Prophesee

https://www.prophesee.ai/2021/09/09/sony-event-based-vision-sensors-prophesee-co-development/

Atsugi, Japan — Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation (“Sony”) today announced the upcoming release of two types of stacked event-based vision sensors. These sensors designed for industrial equipment are capable of detecting only subject changes, and achieve the industry’s smallest*1 pixel size of 4.86μm.

These two sensors were made possible through a collaboration between Sony and Prophesee, by combining Sony’s CMOS image sensor technology with Prophesee’s unique event-based vision sensing technology. This enables high-speed, high-precision data acquisition and contributes to improve the productivity of the industrial equipment.

But the BrainChip/Prophesee engagement is much more recent,

https://www.prophesee.ai/2022/06/20/brainchip-partners-with-prophesee/

Laguna Hills, Calif. – June 14, 2022 – BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI IP, and Prophesee, the inventor of the world’s most advanced neuromorphic vision systems, today announced a technology partnership that delivers next-generation platforms for OEMs looking to integrate event-based vision systems with high levels of AI performance coupled with ultra-low power technologies.

Since the Sony commitment to Snapdragon 8 gen 2 has been announced, then, assuming there is a binding contract, Sony could be stuck with Qualcomm AI for the term of the contract. Snapdragon 8 gen 2 is a chipset, so is not sold as IP

https://pocketnow.com/snapdragon-8-gen-2-phones/

The new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 will debut on these phones​

Qualcomm unveiled its Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor recently, and OEMs are ready to release their devices based on the new flagship chipset.
BYSANUJ BHATIA
PUBLISHED 1 DAY AGO

“The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform will define a new standard for connected computing, intelligently engineered with groundbreaking AI across the board to enable extraordinary experiences. This new mobile platform will be adopted by global OEMs and brands including ASUS Republic of Gamers, HONOR, iQOO, Motorola, nubia, OnePlus, OPPO, REDMAGIC, Redmi, SHARP, Sony Corporation, vivo, Xiaomi, XINGJI/MEIZU, and ZTE, with the first commercial devices expected by the end of 2022.”

Since the Sony commitment to Snapdragon 8 gen 2 has been announced, then, assuming there is a binding contract, Sony could be stuck with Qualcomm AI for the term of the contract. Snapdragon 8 gen 2 is a chipset, so is not sold as IP.

Of course, this may be contingent on the outcome of the ARM/Qualcomm litigation.

https://www.theregister.com/2022/11/15/qualcomm_snapdragon_8_gen_2/?td=readmore

Qualcomm pushes latest Arm-powered Snapdragon chip amid bitter license fight​

The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 system-on-chip features eight off-the-shelf cores from Arm, which is locked in a bitter legal fight with Qualcomm over licenses and contracts.
This includes an AI acceleration engine that is, we're told, up to 4.35 times faster than the previous generation, and with a potential 60 percent increase in performance-per-watt, depending on how it's used. This unit can be used to speed up machine-learning tasks on the device without any outside help, such as object recognition, and real-time spoken language translation and transcription. The dual-processor engine can handle as low as INT4 precision for AI models that don't need a lot of precision but do need it done fast on battery power, which the 4-bit integer format can afford developers, according to Qualcomm.

Qualcomm is pushing the INT4 capabilities as a precision ideal for modern mobile apps. It said a cross-platform Qualcomm AI Studio is due to be made available in preview form in the first half of next year that will optimize developers' models for this precision as well as other formats. This studio looks like a typical IDE in which programmers can organize their training workflows.
The SoC supports up to 200MP image capture and 8K HDR video capture in 10-bit HDR, according to the specifications. Qualcomm said it worked with Samsung and Sony to develop large sensors that the 8 Gen 2 can handle. There are direct paths in the chip that link the Hexagon AI engines to, say, the image-processing units so that pictures and video can be manipulated more efficiently.

The processor, according to Qualcomm, can also be made to reduce the amount of data read and written during neural network inference – which saves power – by breaking input data into not just tiles as other chipsets do, but micro tiles that apparently do a better job of cutting down information transfer.

On the plus side, if Sony/Prophesee had been working with Snapdragon 8 gen 2, then Prophesee's recent endorsement of Akida speaks volumes for the comparative performance of Akida and Snapdragon 8 gen 2's AI analog SNN.
Sounds like history repeating itself like in the situation of " VHS v Beta " technology.
Is a press release not enough though?

At this stage in the journey, it is for me.
The posting of this appointment on the Co website & TSE is imo just as good as a formal ASX Co announcement ....... imo, even if an Co announcement was made on the ASX about a BRN executive appointment who else would really care besides the 46,000+++ current S/holders.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
I tend to agree with you DOC however the issue here is not the value of the announcement but the consistency of BRN announcements.
Nadel got an ASX announcement, why not Nandan?

No announcement for Nadel either Victor.

Reactions: 5 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Our new appointment, Mr Nanden Nayampally leaves a US$1 Trillion successful company who he helped drive the adoption of Alexa, Amazon being in the top 10 largest companies in the world, to join a so called no-hope $1 billion company who have no chance according to Motley Fool and some others???
Yeah that sounds about right….

I cannot wait until the whole world is proven wrong, those that still give Brainchip no hope will be eating their own words like those that said the internet, Amazon, Tesla and others would fail!

It’s a matter of when, not if!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 86 users
Both Anil and Nandan are IIT Mumbai alumni ...:):)
Sorry can't help myself but as many are coming up with theories based on no facts just emotions here are some little facts to consider:

1. Rob Telson used always mention the flaws in Alexa when connectivity was not available but now he does not use Alexa as an example;

2. Alexa is being used by NASA in space and no longer requires connectivity to function up there???

3. Nayampally comes to BrainChip from Amazon, where he helped accelerate the adoption of Alexa Voice and other multimodal services into third-party devices.

Why is Brainchip promoting/playing up that Mr. Nayampally is formerly an ARM executive well before he moved to AMAZON and playing down that Mr. Nayampally is coming directly to Brainchip from AMAZON having worked on the Alexa Voice and other multimodal services into third part devices?

My wild speculation based on no real facts, just tiny little ones, could it be that a shareholder communication not on the ASX is actually something agreed with AMAZON to avoid the above type of speculation about a relationship between Brainchip and AMAZON?

So I ask the question of all here why is my wild speculation based on only tiny little facts any less credible than all the other wild speculation and if it is not less credible can we please avoid the mob mentality and try and base our comments in calm reason.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: If some of my text is underlined it is a glitch which I cannot seem to correct so please ignore.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 66 users

VictorG

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

VictorG

And now for some distraction. Latest Tesla catching fire.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom