BRN Discussion Ongoing

Mccabe84

Regular
If I recall correctly Jerome was described recently as being part time? It never actually made sense to me for a company like BRN to have a part timer running marketing so this seems a logical move to a full timer. No idea why jerome was part time but this new guy seems to have the chops to move things along nicely.
Was he part time to fill the gap until this new CMO finished his contract

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

mcm

Regular
This is why the s/p is where it is,
The TSEx crew are now aware of this , but the wider investing community is not.
Surely a "non price sensitive ann" could be made , as we all know that yet another ARM recruit has been made.
Anyway, just a bit tied of the s/p stagnation,

AKIDA BALLISTA
Exactly ... should have been a non-price sensitive announcement. WTF is going on?

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

mrgds

Regular
Exactly ... should have been a non-price sensitive announcement. WTF is going on?
YEP, .............. howbout a welcoming msg from our illustious leader, highlighting where Nandan has come from , and what he brings.
ie; many years exp in a major company
Seems too much of a ask from our CEO, ............... (n)

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
''Nandan'' in local language where he comes from means ''the one who brings joy''.

I really hope he brings joy to all of us 😂:love::cool:🥳🤩

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 46 users

mcm

Regular
YEP, .............. howbout a welcoming msg from our illustious leader, highlighting where Nandan has come from , and what he brings.
... quite unbelievable. BRN's reticence to announce anything on the ASX platform that might inform investors re what's going on is becoming rather absurd. This was a golden opportunity to announce some longed for good news and they blew it. FFS ... take a leaf out of the WBT playbook ... WBT keeps its investors continually fully informed and makes it a joy to go on the journey with them. Doesn't BRN have an investor relations manager?!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Tend to agree.

I'm sure it happens but don't personally recall too many companies that don't take the opportunity trumpet a positive exec hire.

• Fire

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I see it like this. An exec hire is now "unimportant" given where we are at.

Expectation is high. Revenue is coming and I am hoping that management believe that we don't need "fluff" announcements. Sean wants results and he wants to deliver shareholders (us) results.

Watch the half yearly report. I am expecting some considerable revenue. I couldn't care less if we don't get an announcement now until then as long as there is a nice jump in $.

How insignificant is an exec hire when revenue increases in the 1000's of % start rolling in!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Are we rebranding to Armchip

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

mcm

Regular

Expectation is high. Revenue is coming and I am hoping that management believe that we don't need "fluff" announcements. Sean wants results and he wants to deliver shareholders (us) results.

Watch the half yearly report. I am expecting some considerable revenue. I couldn't care less if we don't get an announcement now until then as long as there is a nice jump in $.

How insignificant is an exec hire when revenue increases in the 1000's of % start rolling in!
Announcing the hiring of a Chief Marketing Officer is not a fluff announcement ... especially one with Nandan's credentials. It's 'effing keeping investors informed! Something BRN just doesn't seem to get.

• Love
  • Fire
I have as most know voiced my objections to the ultra conservative approach taken by the company to making announcements via the ASX.

So while it’s entirely a decision for each shareholder to make the best way to voice concerns in my opinion is to send them to the company as I have tried screaming into space but all it leads to is my wife telling me to come inside as the neighbours are watching.

One thing I would say is that the rapidity at which some can decide a decision by an experienced Board and management is incorrect reminds me of some lines from a black and white Western I watched as a child:

Judge: “String him up boys.”
Sheriff: “But what about a fair trial?”
Judge: “Your right. First we’ll give him a fair trial. Then we’ll string him up.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

We need to be making profits ,covering expense etc

TopCat

Regular
View attachment 22531
After coming across Cambridge Consultants and Prophesee working together tin the cell therapy field , I looked up who Cambridge Consultants are and what they do. Has anyone else come across them before? They have their fingers in a lot of pies, including space , health , communication and defence. I’m really liking the look of them. The only strong link I have so far is the use of the Prophesee vision sensor.

View attachment 22521 View attachment 22522

Decision​

True intelligence and machine+human collaboration require those machines to make meaningful decisions and to take the ‘right’ action. This means rapidly predicting the future and choosing the best option in an uncertain world.

From helping to coordinate national infrastructure, through the creation of autonomous platforms, to reinforcement learning agents that explain their actions, we improve machine performance through intelligent decision making.

Edge​

Delivering transformational products and services means taking artificial intelligence out of the data centre and into the real world. Out here, constraints of size, cost, power and connectivity present new challenges that only the best can solve.

We redefine the possibilities of artificial intelligence at the Edge. From signal processing in billions of mobile phones, to AI in smart inhalers, we’ve generated billions of dollars of value for our clients, by creating and optimising world-leading silicon platforms.
17EF945E-A4F9-4C76-8801-D6FD204237E6.jpeg
F65F8240-3FA6-47D4-996B-82E6FBE5AB94.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Shadow59

Regular

I dont agree with you here.
In the absence of any news, the hire of a new CMO escpecially of such a high pedigree should be put out over the ASX as a non-sensitive announcement, just for the sake of giving some information to shareholders. It is a nothing to make that effort. Sometimes people need a sip of water to help get them through the dry dusty desert!

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Not sure I entirely agree.

Yeah, revenue is expected and will be hugely beneficial if materialises.

However, communication and engagement with the market is also an expectation of a listed company.

It tells the story, provides the narrative, celebrates the wins / milestones and brings the mkt along the journey.

• Fire
Reactions: 38 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Not sure I entirely agree.

Yeah, revenue is expected and will be hugely beneficial if materialises.

However, communication and engagement with the market is also an expectation of a listed company.

It tells the story, provides the narrative, celebrates the wins / milestones and brings the mkt along the journey.
Is a press release not enough though?

At this stage in the journey, it is for me.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

toasty

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

mcm

Regular
I have as most know voiced my objections to the ultra conservative approach taken by the company to making announcements via the ASX.

So while it’s entirely a decision for each shareholder to make the best way to voice concerns in my opinion is to send them to the company as I have tried screaming into space but all it leads to is my wife telling me to come inside as the neighbours are watching.

One thing I would say is that the rapidity at which some can decide a decision by an experienced Board and management is incorrect reminds me of some lines from a black and white Western I watched as a child:

Judge: “String him up boys.”
Sheriff: “But what about a fair trial?”
Judge: “Your right. First we’ll give him a fair trial. Then we’ll string him up.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF, WBT's CEO Coby Hanoch treats his company's shareholders with utmost respect and keeps them fully informed ... and certainly key appointments are always announced as they should be. BRN seems to treat its shareholders as necessary nuisances to be kept in the dark. As a long time holder in both companies ... the contrast between the two is stark. Nandan's appointment should have been announced on the ASX ... period! There is simply no excuse for not doing so.

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users
Top Bottom