BRN Discussion Ongoing

Quercuskid

Regular
I believe so.

Here is another one for you when I was a child shoe shops had X-ray machines to check the fit of children’s shoes.

The human brain has not become superior in the last seventy odd years just more knowledge has come to our attention. It will be interesting to look back in a further seventy years and marvel at our ignorance.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yes I used them as a child in Germany and they were only banned in America in the late 1970’s

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Yes I used them as a child in Germany and they were only banned in America in the late 1970’s
Were you glowing after using them?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TopCat

Regular
This is interesting. Hopefully another breakthrough for the Brainchip/ Prophesee team.

The low data density and automation improvements provided by Metavision event-based vision represent opportunities to scale and grow the industry, ultimately resulting in more affordable and precise patient care. This breakthrough technique solves a significant challenge by enabling for the first time real-time, automated contamination detection, part of the key to unlocking cell and gene therapy mass deployment.
0FB919EB-99A6-4BFC-8A87-8A86769B79FB.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
The radiation levels apparently only equated to a days worth of sunshine.
One day of direct sun exposure can only cause skin cancer so that is a great comfort.😂🤡🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
From this post yesterday, I don't think the partnership with Mercedes and NVIDIA is ending anytime soon.

View attachment 22489

Learning
PS, sorry to hear about your car problem.
Didn't see this yesterday, but our resident Verification Engineer 😉 is supporting the cause @chapman89 👏👏👏😄😁😆
Screenshot_20221120_210708_LinkedIn.jpg

Learning.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

The Pope

Regular
Hi @Proga

This is the recently read article link:

I have reproduced the following paragraph because it references the 😇 effect and invite others to recall the statements of gratitude by Brainchip to Mercedes Benz for mentioning AKIDA technology:

“Constellation Research Inc. analyst Holger Mueller told SiliconANGLE that Qualcomm’s push shows us that chipmakers are no longer focused solely on servers, computers and smartphones, but also cars, which are evolving to become powerful compute platforms too. “The battle goes beyond the hardware, as car manufacturers want to see who can provide a complete platform for car operations, infotainment, self-driving, maintenance, connectivity and more,” Mueller said. “Today it’s Qualcomm’s turn to show what it can do, announcing a partnership with Red Hat and customer win with Mercedes-Benz.

When companies land a big win with a premium car manufacturer that often has a halo effect within the rest of the industry, so it’s something that bodes well for the prospects Qualcomm’s automotive platforms.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF and others

How much of the following may result in big tech companies (not limiting to) strong arming others for the near future in rolling out say BRN revolutionary neuromorphic technology.

The way I look at it is some very big tech companies have invested heavily with cloud data transfer / storage over the past number of years as it was considered the way of the future? Would it be expected in some way that atleast some big tech companies are potentially coming to back room agreements with others to not lose out big time so delay delay delay the transition to like BRN neuromorphic (not requiring cloud) and when ready in a number of years from now we can phase out a reasonable % of cloud storage. We have to remember that the cloud storage business is big revenue maker as I think most corporations and general businesses etc use or rely on the cloud for nearly all general business.
If a tech company spends 100s millions. You don’t want to go to your share holders and say it looks like we blew 100s millions on nothing.
Just my thoughts and I’m sure this may start a nice debate with some.

Has this ever been discussed in this forum before?

Edit - The global cloud computing market size was valued at USD 405.65 billion in 2021. The market is projected to grow from USD 480.04 billion in 2022 to USD 1,712.44 billion by 2029, exhibiting a CAGR of 19.9% during the forecast period.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Quercuskid

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
This is all fantastic progress. The Valeo partnership is one that I have been expecting to hear more detail about. What I wasn't expecting was the detail highlighted below. So as good as these partnerships are, until Brainchip's name is inked in more contracts... people are entitled to varying opinions. It's not gaslighting this community, not fear mongering, but simply highlighting some very recent factual announcements. I'm sure with partners such as ARM, that these contracts will come in time. But it's the surprise attacks, such as the highlighted text below, from potential competitors... that has me a little concerned as to how much time Brainchip will take? 

giphy-23.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hi FF and others

How much of the following may result in big tech companies (not limiting to) strong arming others for the near future in rolling out say BRN revolutionary neuromorphic technology.

The way I look at it is some very big tech companies have invested heavily with cloud data transfer / storage over the past number of years as it was considered the way of the future? Would it be expected in some way that atleast some big tech companies are potentially coming to back room agreements with others to not lose out big time so delay delay delay the transition to like BRN neuromorphic (not requiring cloud) and when ready in a number of years from now we can phase out a reasonable % of cloud storage. We have to remember that the cloud storage business is big revenue maker as I think most corporations and general businesses etc use or rely on the cloud for nearly all general business.
If a tech company spends 100s millions. You don’t want to go to your share holders and say it looks like we blew 100s millions on nothing.

Edit - The global cloud computing market size was valued at USD 405.65 billion in 2021. The market is projected to grow from USD 480.04 billion in 2022 to USD 1,712.44 billion by 2029, exhibiting a CAGR of 19.9% during the forecast period.

@prnewy74 There are always going to be some companies heavily invested that are going to hold out with what they have to reap the profits from their investment. That said; the change to edge inferencing isn’t going to happen overnight. I would think it would still take several e.g 5 plus years to really make a large percent difference.

I am hopeful the market share will be enough to build Brainships SP sufficiently along the journey.

However companies like Dell are well aware of the advantages of Akida in data centres (as per the Dell podcast) and I would be very surprised if they aren’t an early mover in this area. Fingers crossed!

There will also be companies that aren’t as heavily invested in the old system and will be chaffing at the bit to create/develop this new technology and get ahead of their competition. A bit like Kodak versus digital cameras really.

I see Brainchip in the box seat because once some companies incorporate us and provide what others can’t then the heat will be on the rest to catch up; and Brainchip will be waiting, via ARM, MEGACHIPS, SIFIVE etc with waiting arms.

:)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
This is all fantastic progress. The Valeo partnership is one that I have been expecting to hear more detail about. What I wasn't expecting was the detail highlighted below. So as good as these partnerships are, until Brainchip's name is inked in more contracts... people are entitled to varying opinions. It's not gaslighting this community, not fear mongering, but simply highlighting some very recent factual announcements. I'm sure with partners such as ARM, that these contracts will come in time. But it's the surprise attacks, such as the highlighted text below, from potential competitors... that has me a little concerned as to how much time Brainchip will take? View attachment 22485
I don't see the Snapdragon deal as excluding Akida if the Snapdrgon is used for the central management system. Valeo foreshadows a hierarchy of processors including domain and zone processors and smart sensors as well as the central processor.

https://www.valeo.com/en/domain-controller/
A move towards centralized electrical/electronic architecture is on the rise in the automotive industry with domain and zonal controller-based architecture acting as precursors. Centralization through a single vehicle domain controller aims to:

• reduce complexity & cabling requirements
  • decrease costs & power consumption
  • enable scalability & software updates
This trend of automotive domain controllers is especially driven by automation, which requires the synthesis of data from multiple sensors, high-speed processing, and the need to respect strict functional safety requirements. It also has to be able to offer continuous development of new features and functionality over the vehicle’s lifetime through OTA (Over The Air) updates.
Valeo, a world market leader in driving assistance systems with over 30 years of expertise in this sector, is leading the way and supporting our clients by offering a broad range of domain and zone controller solutions for the automotive market.
Valeo’s ADAS domain controller collects data from the various interior and exterior smart sensors equipped on the vehicle (automated parking system, LiDAR sensors…) to create a highly accurate 360° model of the vehicle’s environment. Using sophisticated processing algorithms, the ADAS system directs safe vehicle behavior and offers high performance on the road. It is based on a fully open architecture, allowing functionality to be supplied by Valeo or third parties.
Key characteristics include:

• Cost-efficient architecture
  • Scalable solution allowing for software upgrades
  • Flexibility of the system-on-chip
  • Passive, Active and Liquid cooled Thermal Management [!?]

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I think it also came with a free bottle of DDT to wash one's hair with also.😏
View attachment 22496
Gentlemen: I need replacements for the following radioactive sources:
U235
Please notify me of the cost and date of mailing.

Name: ... Master V. Putin (aged 8)

Street: Igor Vasil'evich Kurchatov Prospect
City: Semipalatinsk
Zone: Secret
State: Security

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

manny100

Regular
Hi FF and others

Not sure whether this is the case here in the shorter term but in general plenty of superior products have fallen by the wayside simply because the cost of utilisation did not match the gains of using them.
With AI at the Edge once it starts moving it should gain speed very quickly. Only need one large adoptedrand the others are forced to follow suit.

Gentlemen: I need replacements for the following radioactive sources:
U235
Please notify me of the cost and date of mailing.

Name: ... Master V. Putin (aged 8)

Street: Igor Vasil'evich Kurchatov Prospect
City: Semipalatinsk
Zone: Secret
State: Security
That was brilliant.
Following on with the comedy theme.

Enjoy. His account has now been reinstated 🥸

Check out Donald J. Trump on Twitter.
45th President of the United States of America🇺🇸 https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?s=20&t=D7Fn6vVd-kY4EuQ0VkfbSw

Fh-UaTMXEAIrQru.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

The Pope

Regular
@prnewy74 There are always going to be some companies heavily invested that are going to hold out with what they have to reap the profits from their investment. That said; the change to edge inferencing isn’t going to happen overnight. I would think it would still take several e.g 5 plus years to really make a large percent difference.

I am hopeful the market share will be enough to build Brainships SP sufficiently along the journey.

However companies like Dell are well aware of the advantages of Akida in data centres (as per the Dell podcast) and I would be very surprised if they aren’t an early mover in this area. Fingers crossed!

There will also be companies that aren’t as heavily invested in the old system and will be chaffing at the bit to create/develop this new technology and get ahead of their competition. A bit like Kodak versus digital cameras really.

I see Brainchip in the box seat because once some companies incorporate us and provide what others can’t then the heat will be on the rest to catch up; and Brainchip will be waiting, via ARM, MEGACHIPS, SIFIVE etc with waiting arms.

:)
Thanks SG. I understand and agree with your thoughts and also have my fingers crossed with Dell etc
Thanks for responding to my post quickly. Much appreciated.

Thanks SG. I understand and agree with your thoughts and also have my fingers crossed with Dell etc
Thanks for responding to my post quickly. Much appreciated.
Hi @prnewy74
The issue has been discussed from time to time but I personally think it is a non issue for the Edge and hence AKIDA:

1. The Cloud is as you point out about storage of data;

2. The value of relevant data cannot be overstated;

3. The present acquisition of data however accumulates relevant data but hides it under tonnes and tonnes of irrelevant data;

4. Michael Dell and others have predicted that 75% of data is going to be collected at the Edge by 2025;

5. AKIDA technology allows for the collection of relevant data and relevant data has commercial value stored intelligently in the cloud.

So AKIDA offers these tech giants the ability to fully monetise cloud stored data.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Has we discusse about 'innatera'

From the untrained eye, they are trying to do what Brainchip is doing. Although NONE of their patients is has been grant. Our more knowledgeable shareholders can investigate.

Edit: Further looking in this, I think they are using 'Analog'.

Learning

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Top Bottom