BRN Discussion Ongoing

Proga

Regular
There is no reason why Sony and Prophesee can't use Akida IP in their next gen of sensors like hopefully Valeo is doing with their Lidar. For all we know, they might be already working on it.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Fenris78

Regular
The Significant Takeaway from this presentation by Luca Verre CEO Prophesee in my opinion:

1. Sony is their customer.

2. Sony and Prophesee have now brought a mass produced vision sensor to the market.

3. Prophesee commenced working with Sony to bring this vision sensor to market THREE YEARS AGO or sometime in 2019.

4. AKIDA engineering samples were produced and made available to early access customers under EAPs in OCTOBER, 2020 or TWO YEARS AGO.

5. RENESAS was announced as having licensed AKIDA IP on 23 December, 2020 or ONE YEAR AND ELEVEN MONTHS AGO.

6. NASA was announced as having become an EAP on 23 December, 2020 or ONE YEAR AND ELEVEN MONTHS AGO.

7. MegaChips was announced as having purchased an IP licence in October, 2021 or ONE YEAR AND ONE MONTH AGO.

8. Mercedes Benz announced it was working with Brainchip in January, 2022 or ELEVEN MONTHS AGO.

9. Valeo was announced in June, 2020 or TWO YEARS AND FIVE MONTHS AGO.

10. Ford was announced in May, 2020 or TWO YEARS AND SIX MONTHS AGO.

11. ARM, SiFive, Edge Impulse, Nviso and Prophesee all announced during 2022 or OVER THE LAST EIGHT MONTHS.

So what are the other known facts that allow ME to say that Renesas the partners and the other EAPs from 2020 are not proceeding, taking too long or have no intention of bringing products to market containing complex science fiction level advanced AKIDA technology for original use cases when it took Sony and Prophesee three years to bring a simple event based vision sensor to market and Brainchip has stated that they continue to work with these trusted by partners and EAPs?

In fairness to Brainchip I will concede that where automotive applications are concerned there is an additional complicating factor involved in obtaining ISO 26262 certification. https://www.automotive-iq.com/electrics-electronics/articles/iso-26262-semiconductor-safety/amp

Genuine question so all sensible answers are welcomed.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This is all fantastic progress. The Valeo partnership is one that I have been expecting to hear more detail about. What I wasn't expecting was the detail highlighted below. So as good as these partnerships are, until Brainchip's name is inked in more contracts... people are entitled to varying opinions. It's not gaslighting this community, not fear mongering, but simply highlighting some very recent factual announcements. I'm sure with partners such as ARM, that these contracts will come in time. But it's the surprise attacks, such as the highlighted text below, from potential competitors... that has me a little concerned as to how much time Brainchip will take?
1668926781418.png

Reactions: 10 users

Proga

Regular
This is all fantastic progress. The Valeo partnership is one that I have been expecting to hear more detail about. What I wasn't expecting was the detail highlighted below. So as good as these partnerships are, until Brainchip's name is inked in more contracts... people are entitled to varying opinions. It's not gaslighting this community, not fear mongering, but simply highlighting some very recent factual announcements. I'm sure with partners such as ARM, that these contracts will come in time. But it's the surprise attacks, such as the highlighted text below, from potential competitors... that has me a little concerned as to how much time Brainchip will take? View attachment 22485
Doesn't mean all the sensors, cameras, Lidar, Radar don't use Akida IP. It just means their Domain/micro controller won't be as good as MB's. Akida in the sensors etc determines what data gets feed back into the Domain/micro controller.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Valeo just tweeted this

Looks like there was a bit of media around the Picturebeam Monolithic from Valeo ten or so months ago

Was before my BrainChip adventure started but were we “linked” to the tech at the time?

If so is ten months long enough to add some Akida IP?

*Apologies if barking up the wrong tree entirely

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
Valeo just tweeted this

Looks like there was a bit of media around the Picturebeam Monolithic from Valeo ten or so months ago

Was before my BrainChip adventure started but were we “linked” to the tech at the time?

If so is ten months long enough to add some Akida IP?

*Apologies if barking up the wrong tree entirely

At least one person thought so 😃

0B172600-6100-471A-A5B3-4EE3F22BBDDA.jpeg

7C1E326A-FF03-406D-B89E-8D6CDEDDA6BA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Doesn't mean all the sensors, cameras, Lidar, Radar don't use Akida IP. It just means their Domain/micro controller won't be as good as MB's. Akida in the sensors etc determines what data gets feed back into the Domain/micro controller.
Exactly a little research of Qualcomm Snapdragon Automotive Platforms makes this clear however simply keeping an eye on Mercedes Benz would be sufficient.

@Proga as you say the Snapdragon platform for automotive envisages the automotive manufacturer connecting all its existing chips and compute to the Snapdragon platform and it will provide the 4G & 5G connectivity and security required for navigation and entertainment and potentially the ADAS should it be cloud based like Tesla.

Currently Mercedes Benz is using Nvidia’s Thor along side AKIDA, Valeo, Brembo etc with Thor performing the same platform functions as Snapdragon but Mercedes Benz is looking to a switch to Snapdragon platform for some vehicles in its range in 2025.

Qualcomm is competing with Nvidia not Brainchip or Valeo.

However listening to Peter van der Made and how he sees ADAS playing out I personally am predicting a partnership with Nvidia in the future with AKIDA technology being imbedded in Thor or it’s evolved form.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

Proga

Regular
Exactly a little research of Qualcomm Snapdragon Automotive Platforms makes this clear however simply keeping an eye on Mercedes Benz would be sufficient.

@Proga as you say the Snapdragon platform for automotive envisages the automotive manufacturer connecting all its existing chips and compute to the Snapdragon platform and it will provide the 4G & 5G connectivity and security required for navigation and entertainment and potentially the ADAS should it be cloud based like Tesla.

Currently Mercedes Benz is using Nvidia’s Thor along side AKIDA, Valeo, Brembo etc with Thor performing the same platform functions as Snapdragon but Mercedes Benz is looking to a switch to Snapdragon platform for some vehicles in its range in 2025.

Qualcomm is competing with Nvidia not Brainchip or Valeo.

However listening to Peter van der Made and how he sees ADAS playing out I personally am predicting a partnership with Nvidia in the future with AKIDA technology being imbedded in Thor or it’s evolved form.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I didn't know about that - Mercedes Benz is looking to a switch to Snapdragon platform for some vehicles in its range in 2025.

Do you know which ones? I hope no EV's on the new MMA platform.

MB aren't my favourite people atm. Just paid them a lot of money to fix an oil leak and a transmission problem. The transmission is still not right.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Check out the 3-minute video.

Do Lou mention Siemens or was that someone else?

Next year's AGM is shaping up to be our best ever, I hope that Anil and Rob attend this time, if so, I'll make the effort to fly back from
New Zealand early to shake some hands and acknowledge excellence when I see it eye to eye.

Having both Peter and Anil together on stage on Australian soil will be a very special moment, that no genuine shareholder should miss,
let's hope it eventuates, the seed has been sown, let the magic begin.

God Bless Brainchip x
Hopefully I won’t have dam COVID again.
I had to watch it on the computer 🖥️ screen it was great that I could do that but not as exciting as being there that’s for sure.

Reactions: 1 users

GStocks123

Regular
When is Sean next due to address the market..?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
I didn't know about that - Mercedes Benz is looking to a switch to Snapdragon platform for some vehicles in its range in 2025.

MB aren't my favourite people atm. Just paid them a lot of money to fix an oil leak and a transmission problem. The transmission is still not right.
From this post yesterday, I don't think the partnership with Mercedes and NVIDIA is ending anytime soon.

Screenshot_20221120_200903_LinkedIn.jpg

Learning
PS, sorry to hear about your car problem.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Screenshot_20221120-194107-414~2.png

Was just taking a stroll down memory lane. And got reminded of this. Which brings me to ... Why are they not listed on partners page (safran). Or was that not a partnership? 🤔

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Sorry about your car issue. I have read two articles one a while ago and another one in the last hour or so to confirm my memory and neither one specified which model/s were involved.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 4 users
From this post yesterday, I don't think the partnership with Mercedes and NVIDIA is ending anytime soon.

View attachment 22489

Learning
PS, sorry to hear about your car problem.
Maybe Mercedes Benz read my What’s App to my son about AKIDA and Thor and realised they were part of the future and they should hold on tight. 😂🤣🤡🤣🤡🤡🤣

• Haha
Hi @Proga

This is the recently read article link:

I have reproduced the following paragraph because it references the 😇 effect and invite others to recall the statements of gratitude by Brainchip to Mercedes Benz for mentioning AKIDA technology:

“Constellation Research Inc. analyst Holger Mueller told SiliconANGLE that Qualcomm’s push shows us that chipmakers are no longer focused solely on servers, computers and smartphones, but also cars, which are evolving to become powerful compute platforms too. “The battle goes beyond the hardware, as car manufacturers want to see who can provide a complete platform for car operations, infotainment, self-driving, maintenance, connectivity and more,” Mueller said. “Today it’s Qualcomm’s turn to show what it can do, announcing a partnership with Red Hat and customer win with Mercedes-Benz.

When companies land a big win with a premium car manufacturer that often has a halo effect within the rest of the industry, so it’s something that bodes well for the prospects Qualcomm’s automotive platforms.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Anyone remember this and was it real?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Anyone remember this and was it real?

I believe so.

Here is another one for you when I was a child shoe shops had X-ray machines to check the fit of children’s shoes.

The human brain has not become superior in the last seventy odd years just more knowledge has come to our attention. It will be interesting to look back in a further seventy years and marvel at our ignorance.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Wow
Reactions: 12 users
The radiation levels apparently only equated to a days worth of sunshine.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I believe so.

Here is another one for you when I was a child shoe shops had X-ray machines to check the fit of children’s shoes.

The human brain has not become superior in the last seventy odd years just more knowledge has come to our attention. It will be interesting to look back in a further seventy years and marvel at our ignorance.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
We must trust the science at all times no matter the cost. 🤓🥸

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom