BRN Discussion Ongoing

VictorG

That's it in a nutshell FF.
If I may add one extra point, since 2015 BRN executive branch has morphed into IMO the most impressive team assembled and I'm sure the envy of their peers. I especially have enormous respect for Sean Hehir and consider BRN is fortunate to have him steering the course.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

RobjHunt

Regular
The reality is a share price back in the 60c range and not much in the way of receipts... yet. Puffery, doesn't increase the value of my shares. Revenue does. "The Burgers are best at hungry Jacks".... yet nobody is taking legal action against them. Grow up.
Oh dear!

The share price is certainly in the 60c range today as it was yesterday, unfortunately it wont change up or down as it is the weekend. I wonder if something BrainChip positive is announced tomorrow if the value of your shares would change. Possibly, possibly not. However what, in my opinion, will happen is that your shares value will change with a positive announcement from BrainChip, a company using our Akida IP or a public published acknowledgment from an NDA or EAP mob.

A share price, as you say back to a 60c range, for me is healthy because IF a positive announcement from BrainChip, a company using our Akida IP or a public published acknowledgment from an NDA or EAP mob would, I'm sure, increase the value of my shares. The question is though, when do you think this may happen??

As an investor the greatest piece of advice I received from one of my ole mates prior to me treking down this shares trail was that you only spend your hard earned money on stocks if you are prepared to lose it, if it works then......winner!

All I'm saying is that those stocks you spend your hard earnt on, just wait because not much happens overnight but there's a fair chance that it will happen at some stage. Good or bad depends on your due diligence and research.

Pantene!

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Build-it

Regular
Yes, that's kind of true that we may never really find out which company Akida uses.
But shouldn't I as a customer, when I buy a car or let's say a mobile phone from Samsung or whatever, be allowed to ask the company whether the product I want contains Akida? And shouldn't I get a clear answer from the company?
Who buys a pig in a poke?
This would also be the right of a customer, or how do you see it?

Hi Sirod69,

This article may provide some insight to your question, however potentially it will be the NDA's that may impact full disclosure within the device.

Carnegie Mellon University’s (CMU) CyLab Security and Privacy Institute has a novel approach that the team there has been working on for years:

Agarwal said. The label can contain, among other things, a link to the product manufacturer’s privacy policy, the type of sensors used, what parties data is shared with, whether or not data is stored on the device and in the cloud,

He commented, “What we found was that U.S. consumers did want this information, and they understood the risk and the perils of a device that is not patched or not updated, and does not have clear disclosures of what data is captured and what kind of sensor it has and what that sensor does. Consumers want this information.”

Screenshot_20221113-074833_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edge Compute.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Also why would one pay millions of dollars for an IP when the potential customer can skip the middle man/woman ( who has paid for the IP of BRN )
And the royalties will continue to roll in👍👍

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Oh dear!

The share price is certainly in the 60c range today as it was yesterday, unfortunately it wont change up or down as it is the weekend. I wonder if something BrainChip positive is announced tomorrow if the value of your shares would change. Possibly, possibly not. However what, in my opinion, will happen is that your shares value will change with a positive announcement from BrainChip, a company using our Akida IP or a public published acknowledgment from an NDA or EAP mob.

A share price, as you say back to a 60c range, for me is healthy because IF a positive announcement from BrainChip, a company using our Akida IP or a public published acknowledgment from an NDA or EAP mob would, I'm sure, increase the value of my shares. The question is though, when do you think this may happen??

As an investor the greatest piece of advice I received from one of my ole mates prior to me treking down this shares trail was that you only spend your hard earned money on stocks if you are prepared to lose it, if it works then......winner!

All I'm saying is that those stocks you spend your hard earnt on, just wait because not much happens overnight but there's a fair chance that it will happen at some stage. Good or bad depends on your due diligence and research.

Pantene!
Once again potentially Akida will be in billions of products, Research done now time to wait for revenue to hit then where off to the races, also the key was purchasing early days

S

Straw

The Significant Takeaway from this presentation by Luca Verre CEO Prophesee in my opinion:

1. Sony is their customer.

2. Sony and Prophesee have now brought a mass produced vision sensor to the market.

3. Prophesee commenced working with Sony to bring this vision sensor to market THREE YEARS AGO or sometime in 2019.

4. AKIDA engineering samples were produced and made available to early access customers under EAPs in OCTOBER, 2020 or TWO YEARS AGO.

5. RENESAS was announced as having licensed AKIDA IP on 23 December, 2020 or ONE YEAR AND ELEVEN MONTHS AGO.

6. NASA was announced as having become an EAP on 23 December, 2020 or ONE YEAR AND ELEVEN MONTHS AGO.

7. MegaChips was announced as having purchased an IP licence in October, 2021 or ONE YEAR AND ONE MONTH AGO.

8. Mercedes Benz announced it was working with Brainchip in January, 2022 or ELEVEN MONTHS AGO.

9. Valeo was announced in June, 2020 or TWO YEARS AND FIVE MONTHS AGO.

10. Ford was announced in May, 2020 or TWO YEARS AND SIX MONTHS AGO.

11. ARM, SiFive, Edge Impulse, Nviso and Prophesee all announced during 2022 or OVER THE LAST EIGHT MONTHS.

So what are the other known facts that allow ME to say that Renesas the partners and the other EAPs from 2020 are not proceeding, taking too long or have no intention of bringing products to market containing complex science fiction level advanced AKIDA technology for original use cases when it took Sony and Prophesee three years to bring a simple event based vision sensor to market and Brainchip has stated that they continue to work with these trusted by partners and EAPs?

In fairness to Brainchip I will concede that where automotive applications are concerned there is an additional complicating factor involved in obtaining ISO 26262 certification. https://www.automotive-iq.com/electrics-electronics/articles/iso-26262-semiconductor-safety/amp

Genuine question so all sensible answers are welcomed.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
kids fail GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

To me they are still adding that extra potential commercial momentum for when the ball starts rolling (if not already... they could be just leaning forward?). Though based on the last 8mths (re above by @Fact Finder) it looks to me like that time is fast approaching.
The fellow at the bottom represents the companies who weren't taking notice.
I'd say the same thing about edge AI in general. Either way it's a good thing for us, being such a massive and diverse market.

Off camera there is a large group of fellow snowball enthusiasts, physics teachers, youtubers and mates/family of the second fellow.
All with different interests in the outcome.

Please forgive my optimism.
They have been manually building that/those snowball/s for a while now. The larger ones might need a bit more effort but they have invited their buddies along who know it'll be a cool and mutually beneficial outcome so are multiplying the effort.
I've no doubt there will be some obstacles further down the hill and they will always need to be thinking about their direction which is what the focus on continuing R&D and ecosystems is about. The goal I believe is to have multiple snowballs going in all directions with new ones being worked on all the time.

Give me a break, it's metaphor Sunday!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Something for a Sunday

Listen to the 5 mins 4 second mark but Luca whole presentation is very impressive.

To right, the rest of Luca presentation is awesome

How about these snipets
at 11:29 - 12:13
we are also glad of our partnership with sony, sony is the market leader in convention image sensor and we started
this collaboration with sony more than three years ago and sony gave us access to
one of the most advanced technology process in image sensor which is a bsi 3d stack process
and this technology migration has been fundamental for us because we
managed to build the smallest event-based sensor which is today mass production and available in the market
so this is currently being together with sony deployed in several
applications covering industrial and iot

Or this gem paragraph 12:13
Together with the sensor
prophecy is also investing heavily in providing IoT to the market to the

ecosystem partners metavision intelligence suite which is a software development kit containing
almost hundred algorithm of computer vision ai several code samples and ready to use application for example to do
high-speed counting vibration measurement to do some object tracking edgelet tracking as well as several
tools for machine learning like for example a tool for for data collection
for training model training as well as pre-trained model and
also several available data set of pre-trained data
label data so all this is available because as as we are coming to the market with the new
a new technology new technology standard we need to also enable the
market with tools and and asset to
easily adopt the technology
we also last year we decided to for example
push an open source architecture of our software for the same purpose of
enabling a community of researchers and engineers to keep developing and experimenting with our technology
a few applications that we have been in unlocking with our customers
one is particle object size monitoring is quite straightforward for our
technology that enable high-speed machine vision in real time with
a speed that are reaching 500 000 pixels per second with counting precision that can
be 99% the reason is that almost natively
you get from moving part of the scene a motion segmentation and from
this motion segmentation you can detect and track a moving part of the scene like for example pills in in a
pharmaceutical process or grains in a food and beverage process

or cells and this is what we have done with energy consult has been has been doing working on our sensor.

<<>>>
I'm stopping here but there is so much more suggested in this presentation.
It feels like having just ONE partner, like Prophesee, is enough to have AKIDA accepted commercially in a significant way.
Well worth the time, Luca finishes presenting at 19:48

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
There's a link to Renesas!

View attachment 22378
I’m just catching up on yesterdays posts… “platform Agnostic” is MUSIC TO MY EYES AND EARS Chippers!!!
Love your work @Bravo, I believe we all owe you a drink or ten when we finally all catch up to celebrate BRN greatness!!!

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
D

Deleted member 118

How about these snipets
we are also glad of our partnership with sony, sony is the market leader in convention image sensor and we started
this collaboration with sony more than three years ago and sony gave us access to
one of the most advanced technology process in image sensor which is a bsi 3d stack process
managed to build the smallest event-based sensor which is today mass production and available in the market

Together with the sensor

ecosystem partners metavision intelligence suite which is a software development kit containing
almost hundred algorithm of computer vision ai several code samples and ready to use application for example to do
high-speed counting vibration measurement to do some object tracking edgelet tracking as well as several
label data so all this is available because as as we are coming to the market with the new
enabling a community of researchers and engineers to keep developing and experimenting with our technology
a speed that are reaching 500 000 pixels per second with counting precision that can
this motion segmentation you can detect and track a moving part of the scene like for example pills in in a

or cells and this is what we have done with energy consult has been has been doing working on our sensor.

<<>>>
It feels like having just ONE partner, like Prophesee, is enough to have AKIDA accepted commercially in a significant way.
I only lasted till the 6 minute mark lol

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Dougie54

Regular

How about these snipets

Together with the sensor

<<>>>
The author should have had someone proof read,in saying that is sounds great.

Reactions: 1 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I hope they're going to be using Akida in this research grant! 🤞

Department of Energy awards Cantley $700k to improve power grid​

November 17, 2022
portrait of Kurtis Cantley
Kurtis Cantley, photo by Boise State Visual Services
Kurtis Cantley, associate professor of electrical and computer engineering, will conduct machine learning hardware research with a three-year grant of $700,000 from the Department of Energy Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR). The goal of Cantley’s research will be to improve the reliability of the power grid with intelligent, adaptable and cyber secure electronics that take inspiration from the human brain, otherwise known as neuromorphic systems.
“Machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms are typically implemented in software running on digital computers,” Cantley said. “When we talk about neuromorphic systems, that means it’s basically machine learning done in hardware, or an electronic system that is specifically meant to implement machine learning algorithms really efficiently.”
This award is part of a larger $21 million initiative by the Department of Energy to support energy-relevant research in underrepresented regions. With the grant, Cantley will collaborate with Idaho National Laboratory to develop novel neuromorphic hardware to monitor power grid systems. This research will not only improve the computational efficiency of power-grid monitoring systems, but the novelty of this hardware will make it considerably more complicated for cyber attackers to reverse engineer than standard off-the-shelf hardware.
Power systems are already incredibly complex, Cantley says, and they are increasingly becoming even more complicated. Everything from home solar grids, to enormous factories, to smart device microgrids all need reliable energy delivery. Reliability requires intelligent monitoring that can identify even the slightest anomalies and respond accordingly. That’s where neuromorphic systems could make a difference.
“We will mostly conduct hardware simulation,
but there is some money in this grant to actually design and have our own chips fabricated to implement the algorithms that we develop for monitoring subsystems of the power grid,” Cantley said.
With these simulations and hardware, Cantley and his team will be able to test the neuromorphic system’s ability to monitor the power grid subsystem for a small neighborhood-sized area. However, the neuromorphic approach could easily scale to much larger areas in the future.

OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING​

communications@boisestate.edu
(208) 426-1577
Alumni and Friends Center

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

Emotion Detection and Recognition Market Is Expected To Rise With An Impressive CAGR And Generate The Highest Revenue By 2032

Read more: https://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/e...ple-inc-tobii-ab-publ-sightcorp#ixzz7l9UzQNAX

The following Top Companies are assessed in this report: Affectiva Inc., Emotient Inc. (Apple Inc.), Tobii AB (PUBL), Sightcorp, Realeyes OU, Noldus, Nviso SARL, Emovu (Eyeris) and Kairos.

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Emotion Detection and Recognition Market Is Expected To Rise With An Impressive CAGR And Generate The Highest Revenue By 2032

Read more: https://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/e...ple-inc-tobii-ab-publ-sightcorp#ixzz7l9UzQNAX

The following Top Companies are assessed in this report: Affectiva Inc., Emotient Inc. (Apple Inc.), Tobii AB (PUBL), Sightcorp, Realeyes OU, Noldus, Nviso SARL, Emovu (Eyeris) and Kairos.

Blind Freddie cannot wait for the portable hand held or better still eye glass mounted version so he can tell if I really do find his jokes funny. 🤡

Seriously though for the blind and those with an inability to detect other peoples emotions (like husbands apparently. Why didn’t you say something. Didn’t you see how upset she was? What? Who? Upset?) this could lead to a significant improvement to their ability to interact with others.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
As I read this article and all the embedded links having looked at those posted above by @Rocket577 I could not help thinking about how Mercedes Benz brought the EQXX to reality in 18 months using digital modelling and how ISL and Brainchip are working with the Airforce Research Laboratory:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
D

Deleted member 118

As I read this article and all the embedded links having looked at those posted above by @Rocket577 I could not help thinking about how Mercedes Benz brought the EQXX to reality in 18 months using digital modelling and how ISL and Brainchip are working with the Airforce Research Laboratory:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Glad someone reads em 👍as I just try and find different articles to read than the norm.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
I suppose some here just think companies can say what they like about their burgers but saying your burger is better is far from comparable with stating that your burger is the only burger commercially available on the market and attributing to it features like:

1. It does not cause weight gain no matter how many you eat,
2. Cooks in one one thousandth of the time of any other fast food reducing global energy demands,
3. Is being trialled by NASA for consumption in space by astronauts,
4. Can be substituted for any other form of foodstuff as it is taste agnostic so if you tell the customer it is fish it will taste like fish, if you tell them its beef it will taste like beef, etc, etc;.

The reality is the claims made by Brainchip about AKIDA and its commercial engagements are entirely different to those being made by Hungry Jacks, McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken as the eleven year sentence just handed out to Ms. Holmes in the Theranos scandal highlights.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse and it is even less of an excuse if you are the Director or CEO of a technology company REQUIRED by law to understand and carry out your statutory duties in a flawless fashion.

Consider this statement by the CEO, Sean Hehir made as part of an ASX price sensitive announcement at the AGM upon which investors and shareholders are entitled to rely:

"But before I begin, allow me to share a little bit about myself and why I came to BrainChip.

When I started to evaluate joining BrainChip I started with the technology. Being a Silicon Valley based executive I had easy access to some of the world’s best technical minds who I engaged to evaluate the core technology. The overwhelming feedback was the technology is visionary in its design, unparalleled in flexibility, and transformative in performance.

As the engagement progressed, I met with many of the core team members and concluded that I had never met a more talented, dedicated, and focused group of individuals in all my years in the technology business.

I examined the trends which are undeniably compelling, the growth and disruptive nature of AI plus the decentralization of AI.

Furthermore, I started to examine the quality of the engagements with some of the world’s leading brands and the trust/promise they saw in BrainChip which further encouraged me to join this amazing company.

And lastly, with all the skills and talent the organization had, it was clear the experience and skills I possessed perfectly complimented the team and is exactly what BrainChip needed in a CEO; someone who knew how to fully commercialize technology."

This is not a puff marketing statement about better burgers such a statement is culpably ridiculous.

This is a statement that if deliberately negligently false could lead to a lengthy term of imprisonment.

My rock solid opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users
Top Bottom