BRN Discussion Ongoing

Terroni2105

Founding Member
Brainchip job advertised on LinkedIn, IP Verification Engineer in Hyderabad India.

not sure what this line may mean for us:
  • The role would include functional verification of the IP solution of Siemens/Synopsys/Cadence.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 84 users

Earlyrelease

Regular
Perth WA Chippers.
As per one of my last posts the Perth Xmas drinks.
I have booked for 40 people at Samuals Bar (base of Hilton Hotel, Mill Street Perth) It is from 4-7pm on Friday evening 25 November. This is an opportunity to catch up put a face to a TSE name, have a laugh, realize that we are all mom and dads (mostly) who kid ourselves we are Warren Buffet's, but hell its better than talking about our normal 9-5 grind. So come along. The BRN office staff are aware and may or may not attend for a quick hello depending on what break though they have had or if the market was red that day. If you could just PM if you are attending so I can add extra numbers if I have to but also so I can add new members to a local list for any future events.
Stay safe, stay strong and hold long.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Brainchip job advertised on LinkedIn, IP Verification Engineer in Hyderabad India.

not sure what this line may mean for us:
  • The role would include functional verification of the IP solution of Siemens/Synopsys/Cadence.

We need a fellow verification engineer to assist. @chapman89 ? 🤣

In all seriousness, surely that is confirmation that Siemens is working with us. Great find!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Iseki

Regular
Possible…however if as Tech has highlighted, if Simon Thorp has been pushing for this benchmarking for years I doubt the recent engagement with Carnegie Mellon is the reason.
It's not clear what the metric to use for benchmarking would be.
Even if you say the best metric is inferences per watt, the other systems have taken many many watts just to be trained. Do you include these watts? Possibly not if you can use the model in many chips.
i.e. the akida based chip will be doing a different job in a very different way: Akida will pick up anomalies that others can't because they haven't been trained on those particular cases.

Without a metric there can be no benchmarking.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

stockduck

Regular

In all seriousness, surely that is confirmation that Siemens is working with us. Great find!
What comes in my mind is a new technic called "iSensoric" when you search for siemens....they talk about intelligent sensors but nothing special that could leed to our IP.

Just my opinion, do your own research.

Reactions: 7 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

Perhaps we are already working with Siemens via Nviso?

Slide.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 46 users

Rach2512

Regular
The above quote comes from one of many articles in the following linked European Edition of EE Times:

EE Times Europe
https://www.eetimes.eu › ...PDF
EMC Filter Design at the Push of a Button - EE Times Europe
13 Sept 2022 — BrainChip sees its neuromorphic processor next to every sensor in a car. ... Mercedes used BrainChip's Akida…”

Some of the articles have been posted but this is a convenient all in one place link.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Just had a flick through this EE Times, on page 35 features MuMurtry Speirling electric car that broke the Goodwood Hill Climb in West Sussex UK. A friend of my sister actually worked on it, I've just sent him the copy of this and mentioned that Akida is on page 19 and is in the Mercedes EQXX and that he should mention it to the tech guys on the team, he said he would. McMurtrys house is about a mile from the village where my sister lives, on the end of the Cotswolds.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Rach2512

Regular
Just had a flick through this EE Times, on page 35 features MuMurtry Speirling electric car that broke the Goodwood Hill Climb in West Sussex UK. A friend of my sister actually worked on it, I've just sent him the copy of this and mentioned that Akida is on page 19 and is in the Mercedes EQXX and that he should mention it to the tech guys on the team, he said he would. McMurtrys house is about a mile from the village where my sister lives, on the end of the Cotswolds.
Also probably should mention McMurtry owns a company called Renishaw, a global company their core skills are measurement, motion control, spectroscopy and precision machining.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I haven't read all of you today, but I'll put it in here now, what do you think of it?
Edge Impulse
Edge Impulse vor 36 Minuten

No one likes waiting in store checkout lines! That's why Solomon Githu developed an edge ML-powered solution using Renesas Electronics' RZ/V2L and Edge Impulse to identify when a long queue is forming and indicate to which counter shoppers should be redirected.

Monitoring Checkout Lines with Computer Vision​

Using a Renesas RZ/V2L Evaluation Kit to monitor people in line at a retail checkout lane.

Here in the features tab we can see the on-device performance for generating features during the deployment. These metrics are for the Renesas RZ/V2L(CPU). The Renesas RZ/V2L Evaluation Board Kit was recently supported by Edge Impulse. This board is designed for vision AI applications and it offers a powerful hardware acceleration through its Dynamically Reconfigurable Processor (DRP) and multiply-accumulate unit (AI-MAC).

Last edited:
  • Sad
100% I frequently cook a chicken gyros over lump mangrove charcoal....

View attachment 22171
Yep, used plenty of that a few years ago, managed to buy a tad over half a tonne of it for roughly 67 cents per kilo from some seafood distributor that went broke. Weber smokey mountain, a couple of spits took their turn running almost every single day for a year.
Ohh, it's been a while since last firing up some charcoal goodness. Getting all desperate for my next hit 🤯 once I start, it's full on addiction. Mmmmmmm low and slow Lamb shoulder

• Fire
  • Love

M_C

Founding Member
Pretty convinced this will be us......dyor

The Register: Chips in space: Reprogrammable AMD AI SoC cleared for liftoff.

"What makes the Versal space SoC special, according to AMD, is that it can be reprogrammed during development and while it's flying through the harsh radiation of space, whether the chip is in low-Earth orbit, geosynchronous Earth orbit, or beyond. AMD added that it has tested the chip alongside independent organizations to ensure it can withstand radiation levels in space"

Its heterogeneous computing capabilities and reconfigurable logic fabric will enable our teams to integrate more on-board processing in a considerably smaller footprint, enabling unprecedented advances in system-level size, weight and power," said Barry Liu, senior director of space systems at Raytheon Intelligence and Space"

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Morning Chippers,

NASA Launches Artemis 1 rocket.

Woo Hoo.....fingers crossed we are in the mix there somewhere.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

Quiltman

Regular
Morning Chippers,

Regards,
Esq.
I visited the Houston Space Center last week and did a special tour of the facilities.
Artemis was everywhere ... all very exciting seeing preparations in such detail as man plans to revisit the moon.

A couple of pictures for the space junkies on here :

1668627451385.png

1668627544880.png

1668627591900.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users
Morning Chippers,

Regards,
Esq.

And also actually having confirmation would be nice 😂

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

BaconLover

Founding Member

PS: Awesome find @Terroni2105

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Foxdog

Regular

And also actually having confirmation would be nice 😂

Yes please. Can't wait for the day that one of these major organisations reveal AKIDA as their competitive advantage - followed by many others saying 'hey we've got AKIDA too!' Hopefully the floodgates will open soon.....

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Just a reminder.

PS: Awesome find @Terroni2105

Apologies if this has been discussed at great lengths. Have not been able to read all posts consistently.

Do we think snapdragon contains Brainchip?

Can someone give me a very short overview or link? Thanks and apologies if it’s been discussed already (as I’m sure it has…)

Reactions: 4 users
Pretty convinced this will be us......dyor

The Register: Chips in space: Reprogrammable AMD AI SoC cleared for liftoff.

"What makes the Versal space SoC special, according to AMD, is that it can be reprogrammed during development and while it's flying through the harsh radiation of space, whether the chip is in low-Earth orbit, geosynchronous Earth orbit, or beyond. AMD added that it has tested the chip alongside independent organizations to ensure it can withstand radiation levels in space"

Its heterogeneous computing capabilities and reconfigurable logic fabric will enable our teams to integrate more on-board processing in a considerably smaller footprint, enabling unprecedented advances in system-level size, weight and power," said Barry Liu, senior director of space systems at Raytheon Intelligence and Space"
It’s not, see highlighted paragraph

Attachments

• AB6DC76A-1AB1-4B90-8656-E12083D94F55.png
    AB6DC76A-1AB1-4B90-8656-E12083D94F55.png
    662.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 8DAFD4AC-F789-417B-A011-4E664A65112A.png
    8DAFD4AC-F789-417B-A011-4E664A65112A.png
    731.3 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: 4 users
Yes please. Can't wait for the day that one of these major organisations reveal AKIDA as their competitive advantage - followed by many others saying 'hey we've got AKIDA too!' Hopefully the floodgates will open soon.....
Well have to post this song now that you mentioned floodgates, I was thinking to myself I can't wait until the Levee breaks.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

M_C

Founding Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom