BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slade

Top 20
Has anyone thought to ask Tony directly as to whether or not Snapdragon is a competitor? We have done this in the past and had an answer from PVDM regarding intels Loihi chip.

Reactions: 9 users

Slade

Top 20
Honestly, I can’t see Snapdragon sharing profits with BrainChip at this stage. Not when they have such a large established market. I think Arm will soon but it will be a slow and steady adoption. IMO

Reactions: 8 users
Reactions: 1 users

Foxdog

Regular
Not any more I bought a log splitter. Should have done it years ago. Just a brilliant piece of gear. 😂🤡🤣🤡🤣
I concur FF those things totally rock - you've still got to cut them to rounds tho 😆

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Wickedwolf

Regular
Hi N,

You read my post correctly, it's an idea (of mine) and others on this forum whom I won't name also believe that the company has been, how shall I put this respectfully, very slow in having their results verified through an independent source.

Simon Thrope whom I have had rather close contact with for a number of years because he couldn't get answers to very fair and reasonable questions in my humble opinion from our company emailed me numerous times totally frustrated at not being able to get benchmarks, which I assume was because of security, despite being on the SAB at the time and sworn to confidentiality.

As you are very well aware of, Tony and a number of company staff read a number of these posts, so sometimes a stick has to be welded or an idea needs to be moved up in the priority order.

You and other Perth shareholders for example aren't privy to any information other than what has been made public, just like me.

The idea to publish results say next year for example would certainly silence all these other companies mouthing off about their "Neuromorphic" progress or more to the point, lack of!

What's your opinion on benchmarking N ?

Best regards......Chris
Hey Tech, very recently ( 2-3 months ago )I put BrainChip in contact with a lecturer from University College Dublin who was interested in assessing BrainChips performance capabilities. I specifically got in contact with this lecturer as he had recently released a book reviewing and benchmarking various vibrational analysis methods so thought Akida would be a good fit for his research. He was keen and I assumed win / win as he gets access to best in class technology and BrainChip get an independent performance assignment. So far BrainChip have declined to take up the offer. I feel your frustration.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
So far BrainChip have declined to take up the offer
Probably not in the best interests of Brainchip, or its shareholders, to pander to every academic that would like to put a new toy into their next research article that will never see the light of day outside of academia.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Wickedwolf

Regular
Probably not in the best interests of Brainchip, or its shareholders, to pander to every academic that would like to put a new toy into their next research article that will never see the light of day outside of academia.
BrainChip confirmed that they were keen to engage, just didn’t follow up

Wags

Regular
Possibly the date aligning with 4C.
I wouldn't be surprised of the 27th Jan 2023 US time, our 28th being a Wed. The 31st is a Sat. Based on the past, the Wed before is not uncommon, but all just guesswork of-course.
Ive been absent and way behind on reading, sorry if already posted.
Keep smiling all.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Yes,

and if Brainchip is engaging in Benchmarking,

and if that is being done through just say Carnegie Mellon,

and if just say they have struck a deal where they will give the Carnegie Mellon academics the first right of publication to dramatically reduce the cost,

well if this is what they are doing then it would seem an entirely reasonable and responsible approach.

I have long desired that there be independent benchmarking undertaken but have remained silent as I could understand that until complete patent coverage was in place giving out the technology for this purpose would carry an unnecessary risk to the company and shareholders.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
well if this is what they are doing then it would seem an entirely reasonable and responsible approach.
Yes, this would be the only sensible reason for pursuing this at this time.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
BrainChip confirmed that they were keen to engage, just didn’t follow up
When you're out to make a name for yourself, time is particularly precious and front of mind.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Wickedwolf

Regular
Yes,

and if just say they have struck a deal where they will give the Carnegie Mellon academics the first right of publication to dramatically reduce the cost,

I have long desired that there be independent benchmarking undertaken but have remained silent as I could understand that until complete patent coverage was in place giving out the technology for this purpose would carry an unnecessary risk to the company and shareholders.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Possible…however if as Tech has highlighted, if Simon Thorp has been pushing for this benchmarking for years I doubt the recent engagement with Carnegie Mellon is the reason.

Possible…however if as Tech has highlighted, if Simon Thorp has been pushing for this benchmarking for years I doubt the recent engagement with Carnegie Mellon is the reason.
If Simon Thorpe had been pressing for years and if I am correct about patents being finalised he was pressing when as we all know at least 27 patents had still to be finalised and lodged.

Simon Thorpe is no longer on the SAB so was he meddling in management beyond the proper scope of his role?

Carnegie Mellon is not suggested by me as the reason behind why the benchmarking may or may not be being undertaken but as an example of a reason why Brainchip may not be following up on your efforts.

Apart from anything else choosing an academic in the UK might not play well with the US Silicon Valley tech companies they are selling too as well as a US academic at a well known American University may be received.

What I am arguing against is your decision to condemn Brainchip’s perceived lack of action when you cannot be in possession of the full facts.

Did you communicate directly with the CEO and Board of Brainchip and present your idea directly to them or did you take your approach to investor relations?

Was your idea placed on a Board agenda for consideration?

Far to many unknowns.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
I concur FF those things totally rock - you've still got to cut them to rounds tho 😆
Have you heard of this thing called a chainsaw? 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Yes,

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Benchmarking
Intel vs BRN.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Wickedwolf

Regular
If Simon Thorpe had been pressing for years and if I am correct about patents being finalised he was pressing when as we all know at least 27 patents had still to be finalised and lodged.

Simon Thorpe is no longer on the SAB so was he meddling in management beyond the proper scope of his role?

Carnegie Mellon is not suggested by me as the reason behind why the benchmarking may or may not be being undertaken but as an example of a reason why Brainchip may not be following up on your efforts.

Apart from anything else choosing an academic in the UK might not play well with the US Silicon Valley tech companies they are selling too as well as a US academic at a well known American University may be received.

What I am arguing against is your decision to condemn Brainchip’s perceived lack of action when you cannot be in possession of the full facts.

Did you communicate directly with the CEO and Board of Brainchip and present your idea directly to them or did you take your approach to investor relations?

Was your idea placed on a Board agenda for consideration?

Far to many unknowns.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Well that escalated quickly :)

I’m not condemning anyone…highlighting that I among many others are frustrated that independent benchmarking has not been undertaken.
Lots of possible reasons for this but not buying it’s because of patents or British/ US rivalries. Will have to disagree on this one

alwaysgreen

Top 20
So what is the general consensus? Yay or nay to snapdragon or are we hoping for more detail tomorrow?

I think we may be waiting another year.

• Thinking
  • Haha

Rach2512

Regular
That is music to my ears. Bring on the Xmas pork crackle. Thank you Slymeat
Why wait to Christmas, I cooked this up in my airfryer the other night

Attachments

• IMG-20221114-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20221114-WA0003.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

TopCat

Regular
So what is the general consensus? Yay or nay to snapdragon or are we hoping for more detail tomorrow?

I think we may be waiting another year.
You would think ,given the glitzy over the top presentation , if Akida was involved they would’ve been saying “ neuromorphic” at any given chance. We’ll have to wait.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Why wait to Christmas, I cooked this up in my airfryer the other night
Nothing beats a charcoal spit though.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom