BRN Discussion Ongoing

SERA2g

Founding Member
Good afternoon on the east coast,

For a number of years now through correspondence with Simon Thorpe he has mentioned numerous times about his frustration at getting
access to solid, independent "benchmarking" of our Akida Technology.

As more and more companies are attempting to paraphrase *wrong word maybe* off what Brainchip has already clearly achieved, the only
way to expose ALL these fake news items (my opinion) is to put to rest, once and for all, 100% independent "benchmarking".

Then and only then will we see any "real" true competition, and maybe another company will match or better us (joke)

Some of you have probably thought to yourselves over the last number of years, that Brainchip's claim to be the "world leader in the
neuromorphic edge AI space", to be a bit self-serving.

Well, I have news for you.

Our company doesn't operate that way and never has. We are a humble, quiet achieving group who only deal in facts, solid facts.
I hope that the company can in the New Year release some really credible figures on/in performance which will finally show which
company holds the guiding light into the future.

I back our Founder and all of our brilliant research team here in Perth, we are leaders NOT followers ;)(y)

Love Brainchip Tech x
Hi Tech

Can you please clarify whether the independent benchmarking is something that you know is happening from your regular communication with the team or if this is just an idea you've had and you would like to see them implement?

Your post reads like it's an idea you've had but just thought I'd check as I'd love to read the results of some akida benchmarking.

Cheers

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
Hope everyone is doing well?

Lovely day here in Sydney the worldwide Brainchip HQ!

Akida Ballista 🔥

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
A bit of light afternoon reading:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

White Horse

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Not BRN related but does anyone else here hold AXE ?

Reactions: 4 users

Quercuskid

Regular
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Kyba

Emerged

TECH

Regular
Hi Tech

Can you please clarify whether the independent benchmarking is something that you know is happening from your regular communication with the team or if this is just an idea you've had and you would like to see them implement?

Your post reads like it's an idea you've had but just thought I'd check as I'd love to read the results of some akida benchmarking.

Cheers
Hi N,

You read my post correctly, it's an idea (of mine) and others on this forum whom I won't name also believe that the company has been, how shall I put this respectfully, very slow in having their results verified through an independent source.

Simon Thorpe whom I have had rather close contact with for a number of years because he couldn't get answers to very fair and reasonable questions in my humble opinion from our company emailed me numerous times totally frustrated at not being able to get benchmarks, which I assume was because of security, despite being on the SAB at the time and sworn to confidentiality.

As you are very well aware of, Tony and a number of company staff read a number of these posts, so sometimes a stick has to be welded or an idea needs to be moved up in the priority order.

You and other Perth shareholders for example aren't privy to any information other than what has been made public, just like me.

The idea to publish results say next year for example would certainly silence all these other companies mouthing off about their "Neuromorphic" progress or more to the point, lack of!

What's your opinion on benchmarking N ?

Best regards......Chris

Last edited:

SERA2g

Founding Member
Hi N,

You read my post correctly, it's an idea (of mine) and others on this forum whom I won't name also believe that the company has been, how shall I put this respectfully, very slow in having their results verified through an independent source.

Simon Thrope whom I have had rather close contact with for a number of years because he couldn't get answers to very fair and reasonable questions in my humble opinion from our company emailed me numerous times totally frustrated at not being able to get benchmarks, which I assume was because of security, despite being on the SAB at the time and sworn to confidentiality.

As you are very well aware of, Tony and a number of company staff read a number of these posts, so sometimes a stick has to be welded or an idea needs to be moved up in the priority order.

You and other Perth shareholders for example aren't privy to any information other than what has been made public, just like me.

The idea to publish results say next year for example would certainly silence all these other companies mouthing off about their "Neuromorphic" progress or more to the point, lack off!

What's your opinion on benchmarking N ?

Best regards......Chris
Hey mate

Appreciate the response and whole-heartedly agree benchmarking would be a great resource for the company to be able to provide to prospective clients.

The alternative would be customers having the need to try multiple products during design stage which would be a waste of their time and money.

Benchmarking could in turn help to expedite sales conversions.

Can I please respectfully ask that you try to make it more clear in your posts when you’re sharing opinion as opposed to company communication.

Perhaps it’s just me but in this case (and often is the case with your posts), the line between your opinion and company communication is blurred.

There should be absolutely no blurred lines is I suppose what I’m trying to get to!

Hope you’re keeping well in any case. Are you in Perth or over in NZ currently?

Would be good to grab a beer before the year is out!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Fenris78

Regular
Not BRN related but does anyone else here hold AXE ?
Not any more I bought a log splitter. Should have done it years ago. Just a brilliant piece of gear. 😂🤡🤣🤡🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

TECH

Regular
Hey mate

Appreciate the response and whole-heartedly agree benchmarking would be a great resource for the company to be able to provide to prospective clients.

The alternative would be customers having the need to try multiple products during design stage which would be a waste of their time and money.

Benchmarking could in turn help to expedite sales conversions.

Can I please respectfully ask that you try to make it more clear in your posts when you’re sharing opinion as opposed to company communication.

Perhaps it’s just me but in this case (and often is the case with your posts), the line between your opinion and company communication is blurred.

There should be absolutely no blurred lines is I suppose what I’m trying to get to!

Hope you’re keeping well in any case. Are you in Perth or over in NZ currently?

Would be good to grab a beer before the year is out!

ALL forum members know that:

I don't speak on behalf of the company ever, though many imagine that I do, when in actual fact I don't.

Every poster posts their opinion, including me.

I am like every Australian shareholder, privy to nothing unless released by the company.

Security has been tightened, for all the right reasons.

Respectfully, I am very happy with how I communicate my thoughts about our company in general, and don't intend changing
the way that I express myself, ever.

I respect your opinion regarding "blurred lines" but you and others have two choices, wear some glass's or ignore my posts.

Currently I'm in New Zealand 🐑🐑🐑

Cheers for now...Tech

• Haha
  • Thinking

Mccabe84

Regular
Only watching with interest at this stage
I’ve been watching it for a while and finally decided to buy in as it seems to be heading in the right direction plus it’s had some good announcements

Reactions: 3 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
ALL forum members know that:

I don't speak on behalf of the company ever, though many imagine that I do, when in actual fact I don't.

Every poster posts their opinion, including me.

I am like every Australian shareholder, privy to nothing unless released by the company.

Security has been tightened, for all the right reasons.

Respectfully, I am very happy with how I communicate my thoughts about our company in general, and don't intend changing
the way that I express myself, ever.

I respect your opinion regarding "blurred lines" but you and others have two choices, wear some glass's or ignore my posts.

Currently I'm in New Zealand 🐑🐑🐑

Cheers for now...Tech
Ok mate thanks for that.

I might have to buy a pair of specs to straighten the lines next time and if that fails I’ll just ask you to confirm if I’m ever not sure :)

Flick me a message when you’re back in Perth, the home of Brainchip’s HQ (fk you @AusEire ) and we can grab a beer or two 🍻

Stay safe mate and enjoy the island!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Quercuskid

Regular
I’ve been watching it for a while and finally decided to buy in as it seems to be heading in the right direction plus it’s had some good announcements
Yes thats why I bought in recently with a small parcel

Quatrojos

Regular
Roughly 2 months' time is a rather short time frame given I offered my personal opinion of all of 2023 and all of 2024 before we really see growth for example.

Logic would tell you that the date coincides with our 4C when we usually get an update, but of course the end of our financial year report would be also due, maybe 3 weeks after the 4C, would you think that was logical.

Stop trying to be a Smart Alec.
Sorry Dude,

Here's what you said yesterday:

'I have a rather large hunch; it's going to be all quiet on the western front until around 27 January 2023, but don't despair, while our
share price is so low (my selfish opinion) it's a great time to buy, time to get my black balaclava out of the wardrobe again!'

Here's what you said today:

'Logic says that an announcement is very close, with a few comments made with regards AKD 2.0 already on the record with possible
timelines, but I commend the company on their strict upgrade on security measures and consider myself very blessed to have been
given a private tour of the Research Centre recently.'

I was questioning the apparent inconsistency; wasn't trying to be a smart alec.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

stockduck

Regular
Morning from west europe to all.

In perspective from yesterdays presentation of the snapdragon 8 gen 2 my conclusion until now is, that Akida IP is not included because of the energy savings told yesterday. As I learned from @TECH, Akida IP energyconsumption deals between 1/1000-1/1.000.000 Watt. If Akida IP would be in this new version of snapdragon, I think the energy savings would be much higher. Maybe qualcomm needs a lot of time to realize that?
So I have to wait for more exciting news than yesterday.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

TopCat

Regular

In perspective from yesterdays presentation of the snapdragon 8 gen 2 my conclusion until now is, that Akida IP is not included because of the energy savings told yesterday. As I learned from @TECH, Akida IP energyconsumption deals between 1/1000-1/1.000.000 Watt. If Akida IP would be in this new version of snapdragon, I think the energy savings would be much higher. Maybe qualcomm needs a lot of time to realize that?
I think, with my very limited knowledge, that just going off that very low power consumption wouldn’t really give away Akida or not. From what I can tell there are many systems in play on the snapdragon which would add up to its overall power usage. Akida would help lower it whilst being utilised only for its specific function. That’s what I think anyway.
PS, good morning

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

I agree with your assessment I think they claim a 60% improvement and they have moved to 4nm to achieve this as well.

I think the version of Snapdragon before the last one had overheating problems so the 60% improvement is probably likely all down to 4nm.

This raises how much does it cost?

4nm with low yields is going to be very expensive.

AKIDA if it was sentient would be insulted by someone suggesting it was in Snapdragon.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom