BRN Discussion Ongoing

Quercuskid

Regular
How do you lot keep your better half from worrying? It's not the shorters, bear market or brainchip I'm worried about 😂 i may need to sit her down and truly show the possibilities here. Her worry worries me the most lol
Just don't tell them, thats what I do, all I tell them is that I have bought the grandchildren some and when it comes good we will give it to them as presents for christmas (which year was not specified)!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Ah well bought another 1300... don't tell my wife...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
How do you lot keep your better half from worrying? It's not the shorters, bear market or brainchip I'm worried about 😂 i may need to sit her down and truly show the possibilities here. Her worry worries me the most lol
If Brainchip was the only share in the world to be down then perhaps a person without an understanding of the company might have cause to worry. Fortunately the BIG Bank Index is down today as well but seriously so are all the tech giants around the world.

So the only question this raises is has all humanity decided to throw away all modern technology and live in caves again and in consequence tech companies are all going broke and will shortly no longer exist or is it that global circumstances at this time about which I am sure everyone including the average person in the street has some idea is causing a problem with market confidence generally.

In post Adolf Hitler Germany the depression and hyper inflation was so bad that history records that people were paid their wages and ran out of the paymasters office into the street and bought whatever there was for sale because the value of their money was going down so fast if they did not convert it into something solid it could be completely worthless by the time they arrived home. What developed in Germany was then a barter system where those with goods exchanged them for other needed goods and services.

We are in a time of rising inflation and the value of your money does not increase in line with inflation so in a less dramatic sense money in your pocket is loosing you money. In the big picture no matter what asset you choose real estate, shares, gold, art work etc; regardless of what it is doing day to day at the moment it will keep abreast of inflation and will rise in value when economic circumstances improve again. Money does not become more valuable it always deflates over time. That is economics 101 so while we need to have liquidity in the form of cash, money is not an asset or a hedge.

Warren Buffet builds up his cash reserves when things are flying. Why? So when things are not flying he can convert his cash into shares. At the height of the market boom in early 2021 when everyone was buying like there was no tomorrow he had over $US100 billion ready for today and the opportunities it would present him. He does not hold money as an asset in these times.

I am confident in Brainchip for lots of reasons but why I have complete confidence is because Brainchip has capital reserves sufficient with LDA Capital options to run for the next three years without earning a single penny or cent from any or all of its many splendid current engagements.

It is just that simple really from my perspective.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: I do not have a problem with my wife as she trusts me completely after 46 years. I have embarrassed here a few times but I have never failed her.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users
Hi @DollazAndSense

I have two theories:

1. Remember late last year the CEO Sean Hehir said he was trying to convince a couple of EAPs to allow them to reveal they were working with Brainchip. Maybe he convinced Mercedes Benz???

2. I said in discussions here if I was Mercedes Benz selling luxury vehicles I would not want to give control over marketing to the guy who makes the cigarette lighter socket I use in the car.

The EQXX is clearly part of a transformative multi billion dollar reinvention of Mercedes Benz from luxury car maker to the leading electric autonomous intelligent personal transportation capsule maker of the 22nd Century.

The German car maker has a reputation for precision and planning not for knee jerk reactions.

Accordingly I do not think it likely that the slogan “A car that thinks like you” was just thrown out there by mistake.

I think it likely that the reveal of the EQXX and the “car that thinks like you” were always planned to coincide.

I think by only announcing the “Hey Mercedes” incorporating AKIDA as 5 to 10 times more efficient and at the same time dampening expectations with neuromorphic is in its early days and when deployed at scale they are deliberately feeding misinformation to their competitors.

In other words Mercedes Benz are running a slow burn marketing campaign evidenced by the recent poll as to which of these three amazing Mercedes Benz advances do you want to hear about first.

I personally don’t think Brainchip are in the loop as to when any further news will be released about AKIDA by Mercedes Benz but I earnestly believe if this is a correct theory it could happen at any time.

So for what it is worth those are my two theories and I probably lean towards the second more but have not written off the first.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The magnitude of Brainchip’s revolutionary technology is something I don’t believe I even FULLY grasp yet, so your thoughts are much appreciated.

I actually prefer the slow burn marketing approach that they seem to be taking. A bit of foreplay is always exciting 😂

I like the fact that they only used the “Hey Mercedes” energy efficiency example rather than intimately describing all the advancements that Akida has brought to the table. This, in my opinion, is very telling that there are improvements in other key areas that they do not want competitors to know about.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
When was the last time we heard from out CEO Sean Hehir interviewing and evangelizing BrainChip to the media?

It seems like it has been a while. What’s cooking?
Well there aren't many mum and dad investors who are interested in buying an Akida IP licence.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Times like this that I just need to remind myself of:
1. We will be in Prophesee products. Confirmed by Luca
2. We will be in Megachips products. Confirmed by Doug
Just a matter of When...

I'm not convinced yet on Mercedes or Valeo, but I am a bit of a pessimist.
Hi JB,

Well you're entitled to be a bit skeptical about Mercedes/Valeo, but just a little bit.

Only yesterday, @Fact Finder proved that we are still bound by an NDA with Mercedes. Now Mercedes has already announced "Hey Mercedes", so what else would be covered by the NDA?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

JK200SX

Regular
Buy her some chocolates.

I was going to say go buy a charcoal smoker and slow cook a rack of baby back ribs, but that'll probably get you in more trouble :)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

gex

Regular
Hi JB,

Well you're entitled to be a bit skeptical about Mercedes/Valeo, but just a little bit.

Only yesterday, @Fact Finder proved that we are still bound by an NDA with Mercedes. Now Mercedes has already announced "Hey Mercedes", so what else would be covered by the NDA?

Now Mercedes has already announced "Hey Mercedes"

In Mercedes saying that, would that then mean Brainchip can? or could the NDA still hold us to silence on that particular involvement

Reactions: 2 users

JK200SX

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Now Mercedes has already announced "Hey Mercedes"

In Mercedes saying that, would that then mean Brainchip can? or could the NDA still hold us to silence on that particular involvement
The BrainChip blog cites the Sally Ward-Foxton and Motortrend articles on "Hey Mercedes" from January, but that's old news - and you know what they say about souffles.

I'm not sure if BrainChip has mentioned it in any podcasts or at seminars.

Normally an NDA excludes information which has legitimately come into the public domain.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

JK200SX

Regular

Adopt Edge AI Computing

Nikon Corporation announces a new ultra-compact smart camera the "LuFact A2000"​

November 1, 2022

[photo]
LuFact AH080-CR Camera Head
[photo]
LuFact A2000-G AI Processing Unit
Nikon Corporation (President: Toshikazu Umatate, Minato-ku, Tokyo) is pleased to announce the launch of the ultra-compact LuFact smart camera, which utilizes edge AI computing to increase the speed and accuracy of object inspection without the need for a computer connection.

The "LuFact" series of industrial cameras were born from Nikon's unique image processing technology accumulated over its long history as a leading supplier of digital cameras. Separating the AI processing unit from the camera head enables an ultra-compact, lightweight design that offers unprecedented installation freedom for existing equipment, production lines, and robot arms. This new entry joins the "LuFact A1000", released in July this year, which is used in combination with a computer and digital input/output device.

The "LuFact A2000" utilizes the "LuFact A2000-G" AI processing unit and is used in combination with the LuFact series of camera heads. In addition to the functions of the LuFact A1000, the "LuFact A2000-G" is an edge AI computing smart camera equipped with a CPU and a dedicated processor. edge AI enables independent judgment and processing of inspection data directly at the equipment side, which reduces the amount of data sent to the server, thereby reducing the load on the transmission equipment and server, which reduces power consumption.

The information presented in this release covers three unique camera head models, one is a model capable of high-resolution color photography, two of which are global shutter CMOS image sensor camera heads suitable for capturing moving images, and one AI processing Unit.

DMG Mori Seiki Co., Ltd. (President: Masahiko Mori, Koto-ku, Tokyo) has decided to adopt the LuFact A2000 due to its superior sensing technology that acquires images with multiple cameras and plans to install them as monitoring cameras on its processing machines.

Product Overview​

Product NameCamera head*LuFact CH050-MG
LuFact AH050-MG
LuFact AH080-CR
AI processing unitLuFact A2000-G
AvailabilityJapan: Spring 2023
  • *The "LuFact CH050-MG", "LuFact AH050-MG," and "LuF act AH080-CR" camera heads are compatible with the previously released I/F conversion units. The "LuFact A1000-G" and "LuFact A1000-U" are not currently supported.

Development Background​

There is a growing need for digital transformation (DX) to improve manufacturing productivity, reduce costs, and create new products and services.

Aiding this transformation are Industrial machine vision cameras that are capable of high-speed, high-sensitivity, and high-resolution imaging, which is required to automate manufacturing process monitoring and visual inspections that have traditionally been done visually by manufacturing personnel. However, installing automated inspection systems increases data transmission load and power consumption due to the enormous amount of data sent to the server or cloud for processing. Furthermore, when considering the installation of machine vision cameras on existing equipment, production lines, and robot arms, it is vital for the camera to be compact, lightweight, and have a high degree of mounting freedom.

The LuFact A2000 is the evolutionary successor to the LuFact A1000 and is a high-end smart camera that combines edge AI computing with the standard functions of the A1000. The strength of edge AI processing is that it extracts and transfers only the necessary data to the cloud or server, reducing server load and power consumption. Additionally, the LuFact A2000 can independently process inspection data with AI, eliminating the need for a computer at the inspection site, which reduces initial setup and operational running costs.

The expanded lineup of the "LuFact" series enables customers to select the camera head that best matches the inspection target and application while increasing operational efficiency and the promotion of digital transformation (DX) at the manufacturing site.

Key Features​

1. AI Processing Unit Enables Computerless Inspection and Judgment​

The "LuFact 2000" is an easily installed ultra-compact camera ideal for manufacturing process inspection and independent judgment on the presence or absence of a target object, positional deviation, and process recording applications. Additionally, independent edge AI processing of inspection results enables the elimination of computers at the inspection site.

2. Enhanced Performance Through Cloud or Server Connection​

Improve inspection speed and accuracy through systemization by connecting the "LuFact A2000" to the cloud or server to enable processing on the camera (edge AI) and cloud/server sides. Additionally, edge AI processing extracts and transfers only necessary data to the cloud or server, thereby reducing server load and power consumption.

3. Comprehensive Machine Vision Solutions​

The LuFact series offers a wide range of options that enable our customers to optimize their system configuration according to the shooting target and application. This lineup includes the "LuFact AH080-CR", capable of high-resolution color photography, and the global shutter CMOS image sensor "LuFact CH050-MG" and "LuFact AH050-MG", suitable for capturing moving subjects. In addition, the "LuFact A2000-G" can be combined with the previously released high-sensitivity "LuFact AH020-MR" or the high-resolution "LuFact AH080-MR", enabling a more comprehensive range of options for system configuration to match the application requirements.

Main Specifications​

1) Camera head​

Product nameCH050-MGAH050-MGAH080-CR
Image sensor1/1.8" CMOS Image sensor
Active pixels2472 (H) x 2064 (V)
5.10 MP
3864 (H) x 2180 (V)
8.42 MP
Effective pixels2432 (H) x 2048 (V)3840 (H) x 2160 (V)
Effective image size
(Effective imaging area)
Horizontal: 6.664 mm
(2432 x 2.74 Âľm)
Vertical: 5.612 mm
(2048 x 2.74 Âľm)
Diagonal: 8.712 mm
Horizontal: 7.680 mm
(3840 x 2.0 Âľm)
Vertical: 4.352 mm
(2160 x 2.0 Âľm)
Diagonal: 8.812 mm
Scanning modeProgressive scan
Color filter arrayMonochromeColor
Shutter typeGlobal shutterRolling shutter
SensitivityF5.6
[Conditions]
Subject brightness: 3150 lx
Gain: 0 dB
Exposure time: 18880 Âľs
F5.6
[Conditions]
Exposure time: 23606.0 Âľs
Output frame rate[Full resolution mode]
120fps: Maximum 120fps
[High frame rate mode]
200fps: Maximum 199.3fps
120 fps:
Approx.114.8 fps
60 fps:
Approx. 59.8 fps
30 fps:
Approx. 30.0 fps
Lens mountC mountS mountS mount
Dimensions
(W x H x D)
30 mm x 30 mm
x 43 mm
20 mm x 20 mm
x 43.2 mm
20 mm x 20 mm
x 43.2 mm
Weight46 g25.5 g25.5 g

2) AI processing unit​

Product nameA2000-G
Dimensions (W x H x D)72 mm x 35 mm x 96 mm
Weight264.5 g
Power supplyPoE (IEEE802.3at compliant) or DC12V
InterfaceGigE Vision
RTP/RTSP
Output
(pixel format)
GigE VisionGVSP Mono8/Mono10Packed/Mono12Packed
Bayer RG8/Bayer RG10Packed/Bayer
RG12Packed/YUV420_888
RTP/RTSPH.264

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Damo4

Regular

Adopt Edge AI Computing

Nikon Corporation announces a new ultra-compact smart camera the "LuFact A2000"​

November 1, 2022

[photo]
LuFact AH080-CR Camera Head
[photo]
LuFact A2000-G AI Processing Unit
Nikon Corporation (President: Toshikazu Umatate, Minato-ku, Tokyo) is pleased to announce the launch of the ultra-compact LuFact smart camera, which utilizes edge AI computing to increase the speed and accuracy of object inspection without the need for a computer connection.

The "LuFact" series of industrial cameras were born from Nikon's unique image processing technology accumulated over its long history as a leading supplier of digital cameras. Separating the AI processing unit from the camera head enables an ultra-compact, lightweight design that offers unprecedented installation freedom for existing equipment, production lines, and robot arms. This new entry joins the "LuFact A1000", released in July this year, which is used in combination with a computer and digital input/output device.

The "LuFact A2000" utilizes the "LuFact A2000-G" AI processing unit and is used in combination with the LuFact series of camera heads. In addition to the functions of the LuFact A1000, the "LuFact A2000-G" is an edge AI computing smart camera equipped with a CPU and a dedicated processor. edge AI enables independent judgment and processing of inspection data directly at the equipment side, which reduces the amount of data sent to the server, thereby reducing the load on the transmission equipment and server, which reduces power consumption.

The information presented in this release covers three unique camera head models, one is a model capable of high-resolution color photography, two of which are global shutter CMOS image sensor camera heads suitable for capturing moving images, and one AI processing Unit.

DMG Mori Seiki Co., Ltd. (President: Masahiko Mori, Koto-ku, Tokyo) has decided to adopt the LuFact A2000 due to its superior sensing technology that acquires images with multiple cameras and plans to install them as monitoring cameras on its processing machines.

Product Overview​

Product NameCamera head*LuFact CH050-MG
LuFact AH050-MG
LuFact AH080-CR
AI processing unitLuFact A2000-G
AvailabilityJapan: Spring 2023
  • *The "LuFact CH050-MG", "LuFact AH050-MG," and "LuF act AH080-CR" camera heads are compatible with the previously released I/F conversion units. The "LuFact A1000-G" and "LuFact A1000-U" are not currently supported.

Development Background​

There is a growing need for digital transformation (DX) to improve manufacturing productivity, reduce costs, and create new products and services.

Aiding this transformation are Industrial machine vision cameras that are capable of high-speed, high-sensitivity, and high-resolution imaging, which is required to automate manufacturing process monitoring and visual inspections that have traditionally been done visually by manufacturing personnel. However, installing automated inspection systems increases data transmission load and power consumption due to the enormous amount of data sent to the server or cloud for processing. Furthermore, when considering the installation of machine vision cameras on existing equipment, production lines, and robot arms, it is vital for the camera to be compact, lightweight, and have a high degree of mounting freedom.

The LuFact A2000 is the evolutionary successor to the LuFact A1000 and is a high-end smart camera that combines edge AI computing with the standard functions of the A1000. The strength of edge AI processing is that it extracts and transfers only the necessary data to the cloud or server, reducing server load and power consumption. Additionally, the LuFact A2000 can independently process inspection data with AI, eliminating the need for a computer at the inspection site, which reduces initial setup and operational running costs.

The expanded lineup of the "LuFact" series enables customers to select the camera head that best matches the inspection target and application while increasing operational efficiency and the promotion of digital transformation (DX) at the manufacturing site.

Key Features​

1. AI Processing Unit Enables Computerless Inspection and Judgment​

The "LuFact 2000" is an easily installed ultra-compact camera ideal for manufacturing process inspection and independent judgment on the presence or absence of a target object, positional deviation, and process recording applications. Additionally, independent edge AI processing of inspection results enables the elimination of computers at the inspection site.

2. Enhanced Performance Through Cloud or Server Connection​

Improve inspection speed and accuracy through systemization by connecting the "LuFact A2000" to the cloud or server to enable processing on the camera (edge AI) and cloud/server sides. Additionally, edge AI processing extracts and transfers only necessary data to the cloud or server, thereby reducing server load and power consumption.

3. Comprehensive Machine Vision Solutions​

The LuFact series offers a wide range of options that enable our customers to optimize their system configuration according to the shooting target and application. This lineup includes the "LuFact AH080-CR", capable of high-resolution color photography, and the global shutter CMOS image sensor "LuFact CH050-MG" and "LuFact AH050-MG", suitable for capturing moving subjects. In addition, the "LuFact A2000-G" can be combined with the previously released high-sensitivity "LuFact AH020-MR" or the high-resolution "LuFact AH080-MR", enabling a more comprehensive range of options for system configuration to match the application requirements.

Main Specifications​

1) Camera head​

Product nameCH050-MGAH050-MGAH080-CR
Image sensor1/1.8" CMOS Image sensor
Active pixels2472 (H) x 2064 (V)
5.10 MP
3864 (H) x 2180 (V)
8.42 MP
Effective pixels2432 (H) x 2048 (V)3840 (H) x 2160 (V)
Effective image size
(Effective imaging area)
Horizontal: 6.664 mm
(2432 x 2.74 Âľm)
Vertical: 5.612 mm
(2048 x 2.74 Âľm)
Diagonal: 8.712 mm
Horizontal: 7.680 mm
(3840 x 2.0 Âľm)
Vertical: 4.352 mm
(2160 x 2.0 Âľm)
Diagonal: 8.812 mm
Scanning modeProgressive scan
Color filter arrayMonochromeColor
Shutter typeGlobal shutterRolling shutter
SensitivityF5.6
[Conditions]
Exposure time: 18880 Âľs
F5.6
[Conditions]
Exposure time: 23606.0 Âľs
Output frame rate[Full resolution mode]
120fps: Maximum 120fps
[High frame rate mode]
200fps: Maximum 199.3fps
120 fps:
Approx.114.8 fps
60 fps:
Approx. 59.8 fps
30 fps:
Approx. 30.0 fps
Lens mountC mountS mountS mount
Dimensions
(W x H x D)
30 mm x 30 mm
x 43 mm
20 mm x 20 mm
x 43.2 mm
20 mm x 20 mm
x 43.2 mm
Weight46 g25.5 g25.5 g

2) AI processing unit​

Product nameA2000-G
Dimensions (W x H x D)72 mm x 35 mm x 96 mm
Weight264.5 g
Power supplyPoE (IEEE802.3at compliant) or DC12V
InterfaceGigE Vision
RTP/RTSP
Output
(pixel format)
GigE VisionGVSP Mono8/Mono10Packed/Mono12Packed
Bayer RG8/Bayer RG10Packed/Bayer
RG12Packed/YUV420_888
RTP/RTSPH.264

Imagine if the Camera Head was just a Raspberry Pi Akida1000 Dev board hahah

Reactions: 3 users

JK200SX

Regular
Just gained 100 more followers in a little less than a week :)

1667528356276.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Iseki

Regular
I am now of the opinion that a tweet could be more helpful to us than a Co. Ann. So, I'm currently working on an algorithm that can analyze a tweet and rank it as happy, sad, or angry in much the same way as what Akida can do with facial recognition. If this works with the akida simulator (that I've downloaded from brainchip,) I'm going to send it on E-musk and maybe A-Herd in a tweet. I'll be using akida's keyword search and the film script from Fightclub for the two shot learning. Pretty much I'll be looking to discern the different flavours of irony like in the akida wine tester. Just letting you know.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
The BrainChip blog cites the Sally Ward-Foxton and Motortrend articles on "Hey Mercedes" from January, but that's old news - and you know what they say about souffles.

Normally an NDA excludes information which has legitimately come into the public domain.
Yes and you can see the heavy duty legal advice in play behind the scenes when you note that Brainchip on its website only includes the actual article approved by Mercedes Benz and says nothing more about it other than Trusted By Mercedes Benz.

In every presentation they reproduce this article and say nothing more.

They are strictly adhering to the letter of the law and the NDA which Blind Freddie after years of looking over my shoulder can deduce that it means the NDA has a clause reserving all public statements and places them under the control of Mercedes Benz under pain of death, contract rescission, and crippling damages for any breach by Brainchip its agents or servants.

My firm opinion only so go and pay for real legal advice and of course DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

I should have said this according to Blind Freddie another giveaway of what the NDA states is when in interviews the question is raised, take the Pitt Street Research interview for example, when Sean Hehir is taken to Mercedes Benz his response is not ‘yes and we are doing such and such and our tech is doing so and so’ he responds “Yes we are extremely grateful to Mercedes Benz” and that’s it next subject please the rest is bloody secret.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Cgc516

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Damo4

Regular
I am now of the opinion that a tweet could be more helpful to us than a Co. Ann. So, I'm currently working on an algorithm that can analyze a tweet and rank it as happy, sad, or angry in much the same way as what Akida can do with facial recognition. If this works with the akida simulator (that I've downloaded from brainchip,) I'm going to send it on E-musk and maybe A-Herd in a tweet. I'll be using akida's keyword search and the film script from Fightclub for the two shot learning. Pretty much I'll be looking to discern the different flavours of irony like in the akida wine tester. Just letting you know.
NLP works well for that.

Good luck with sarcasm though, I built one for HotCrapper and almost every other post was mis-labelled due to sarcasm ahha salty over there.
See below, you can see Downrampers pile in at the same time the SP plummets.
1667530233408.png

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom