Reactions: 4 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

FJ-215

Regular
Thanks FJ

I will remove my post. Just so it not misleading.

Learning.
We will get there and no doubt with help from Edge Impulse.

Had a poke around their website while I was there. Texas Instruments is one of their strategic partners as well. No doubt been mentioned here and I just haven't seen it.

Just another dot.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
8E4A8BDF-E9BE-4615-BC83-FC0AA920BEFF.jpeg

Who is Joshua Buck!? And I love that Edge impulse are finally showcasing their pride and joy FOMO with the processing power of Akida! Something tells me Edge Impulse is blown away.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users
We don’t.

Who ever got sick eating off the floor. 🤡
In our country almost everything says China on it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
View attachment 21089
Who is Joshua Buck!? And I love that Edge impulse are finally showcasing their pride and joy FOMO with the processing power of Akida! Something tells me Edge Impulse is blown away.
On a quick note, Joshua Buck is the lead silicon engineer from Edge impulse. So is Brainship set up with a booth and Edge impulse is tagging along or what is this?:)

Attachments

• D143F77A-C790-40AE-BE34-2A5AB4F0B6F0.png
    D143F77A-C790-40AE-BE34-2A5AB4F0B6F0.png
    817.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

dippY22

Regular
Good interview with Doubleline's Jeff Gundlach on CNBC and he said two things that caught my attention.

1). Interest rate increases may end in a couple of quarters. Then, if the data supports it, the Fed will cease raising and MAY start reducing them. Why? Because the USA will be in or will have just been in, a recession. As a result, the faltering economy will pressure rates down.
So I see light at the end of the interest rate increase tunnel. He guesses that perhaps one 50 basis point hike left followed by a 25 basis point hike. Then a pause or begin decreasing rates all the way backdown to the 2's again which he suggests may happen by this time next year.

2) Due to some stock market technicality today compared to yesterday's price action, next few days appear to be scary and we should expect to see some negative market days. One of the technicians here can probably put a name on the technical event. Has to do with day highs and lows compared to yesterday's high, low, and close.

Regards, dippY

My opinion only,...DYOR

• Love
Good interview with Doubleline's Jeff Gundlach on CNBC and he said two things that caught my attention.

1). Interest rate increases may end in a couple of quarters. Then, if the data supports it, the Fed will cease raising and MAY start reducing them. Why? Because the USA will be in or will have just been in, a recession. As a result, the faltering economy will pressure rates down.
So I see light at the end of the interest rate increase tunnel. He guesses that perhaps one 50 basis point hike left followed by a 25 basis point hike. Then a pause or begin decreasing rates all the way backdown to the 2's again which he suggests may happen by this time next year.

2) Due to some stock market technicality today compared to yesterday's price action, next few days appear to be scary and we should expect to see some negative market days. One of the technicians here can probably put a name on the technical event. Has to do with day highs and lows compared to yesterday's high, low, and close.

Regards, dippY

My opinion only,...DYOR
An interesting figure is if that you look at the housing market “crashes” or declines they have never lasted more than 4 quarters. There’s a guy on YouTube called Pk Gupta that showed this fact. So if you are in the market then have a think about this

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
The RTX 4090s are literally catching on fire, higher R&D budget my a$$, these GPUs literally cost more than some people’s rent in Sydney for the month
Crazy that it can happen, the connectors shouldn´t be able to deliver more amps than they can handle. Don´t overclock a 4090 :D

Reactions: 2 users

Dhm

Regular
Silly question coming up 🤡🤡
So MB are an NDA partner. That's not the question, but this is.... Did Akida get imbedded by the MB team or did we get there by a third party? I think it was a third party but the name escapes me presently.
Either way would we have received a licence fee as MB are so enamoured with us?

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

VictorG

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

jk6199

Regular
When you look at the way the ASX reacts to the USA farting and accidentally following through is annoying!

The funny thing is, people holding BRN get wound up about it before opening. I was looking through some charts (not my strength) and noticed, even when the Nasdaq was positive, we still had falls on many occasions for the share price? What mysterious dark force is behind all of this :unsure:?

Simple formula, and your decision only, the more that don't sell, simple supply and demand equation.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
An interesting figure is if that you look at the housing market “crashes” or declines they have never lasted more than 4 quarters. There’s a guy on YouTube called Pk Gupta that showed this fact. So if you are in the market then have a think about this
I think as a non economist and a technophobe that the fear of ‘Recession’ has been elevated to a level similar to the fear of witches in the Dark Ages. It has become ridiculous.

We have had in Australia in the past forty years a number of ‘technical recessions’ and ordinary Australians only knew because the Government told us after it had happened.

I am not saying a recession is a good thing but in the press it has been elevated to the level of a “Depression” which is just wrong.

“Depression” v “Recession” simple definition:

“An economic depression is a period of sustained, long-term downturn in economic activity in one or more economies. It is a more severe economic downturn than a recession, which is a slowdown in economic activity over the course of a normal business cycle.”

The Governor of the Australian Reserve Bank has stated more than once exactly what @dippY22 ‘s Mr. Gundlach has said - interest rates will start to be trend down next year.

Both the US and Australia have close to full employment so those in employment are likely to maintain that employment or find other employment until interest rates ease and probably if needed find a second or third job to carry them through.

When mortgage interest rates climbed to 17% here it was not easy but in our case I added working as a night stacker at Woolworths and Off siding on a Grace Bros furniture delivery truck to supplement my police wages to ride over the bump.

In a “Depression” there are no jobs and no solutions.

A long term retail investor has nothing to fear but overreacting to what is simply a slowdown in economic activity over the course of a normal business cycle.

My opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 45 users
I think as a non economist and a technophobe that the fear of ‘Recession’ has been elevated to a level similar to the fear of witches in the Dark Ages. It has become ridiculous.

We have had in Australia in the past forty years a number of ‘technical recessions’ and ordinary Australians only knew because the Government told us after it had happened.

I am not saying a recession is a good thing but in the press it has been elevated to the level of a “Depression” which is just wrong.

“An economic depression is a period of sustained, long-term downturn in economic activity in one or more economies. It is a more severe economic downturn than a recession, which is a slowdown in economic activity over the course of a normal business cycle.”

The Governor of the Australian Reserve Bank has stated more than once exactly what @dippY22 ‘s Mr. Gundlach has said - interest rates will start to be trend down next year.

Both the US and Australia have close to full employment so those in employment are likely to maintain that employment or find other employment until interest rates ease and probably if needed find a second or third job to carry them through.

When mortgage interest rates climbed to 17% here it was not easy but in our case I added working as a night stacker at Woolworths and Off siding on a Grace Bros furniture delivery truck to supplement my police wages to ride over the bump.

A long term retail investor has nothing to fear but overreacting to what is simply a slowdown in economic activity over the course of a normal business cycle.

My opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
yeah agreed, I would add to stay away from the media in general and especially even more during these times. They are mere puppets to cause emotions and distress. The motley Fools and the generic news media don’t have much difference in my unanonymous and unneeded opinion. I don’t wear a alumnium hat but if you think critically enough you will understand what I am saying

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Fire

alwaysgreen

Top 20

AI driven shark spotting drone that relies on huge data sets for identification of dangerous sharks. 80% accuracy.

We should contact them to educate them on a solution that will increase their accuracy dramatically 😉

I received an email response from Sci-eye regarding their shark identification drone.

1667433102077.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 64 users

Diogenese

Top 20
On a quick note, Joshua Buck is the lead silicon engineer from Edge impulse. So is Brainship set up with a booth and Edge impulse is tagging along or what is this?:)
Edge Impulse don't own a table cloth.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20 users

GazDix

Regular

My opinion only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
As an economics teacher for over 15 years I agree FF.
A 'depression' is also a term used in a really disastrous time where humankind had no technology like we have today to feed ourselves but somehow we still managed to survive.

I've been reading and listening to a lot of podcasts from ones I respect, and I agree that a 'pivot' will likely happen early next year. I think it will be likely that many countries like ours will accept that a 5% inflation rate will be the new norm and possibly there will be a greater emphasis on fiscal rather than monetary policy to solve economic issues.

The US are not pivoting in the near future because they are worried about inflation, I think they are more worried about the strength of the US dollar and how it plays a role internationally. This is not what they say, but it certainly a factor.

Our current inflation problem worldwide is mostly caused by supply-side issues rather than demand side as well. This is not reported at all in the media. Increasing interest rates doesn't help supply side either and this is why there will be a swing towards governments fixing economies rather than central banks in a few years as well.
The only way to solve supply side is to again upset the status quo. The powerful oil companies, utility companies and monopolies can reduce prices to help the situation, but why would they when profits will be affected?

The other way to solve supply side issues is technology. This is a reason why I am invested in this space also. AI and Brainchip have ground breaking spike edge learning tech with low latency power. How good is that? Blockchain technology shows us the internet is a decentralised and cannot never be controlled by ISPs. Web3 will be a level up. Quantum computing is crazy but certainly achievable in 20 years or so it seems.

Luddities say AI will create mass unemployment. People said the same thing when carriages were invented and horse and carriages were the norm. Here is a nice write up about the history of technological unemployment. https://www.blog.askwonder.com/blog/technological-unemployment

Anyway. The future is bright and exciting and we just need to politely avoid the negative nellies.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users
Top Bottom