BRN Discussion Ongoing

Mugen74

Regular
I doubt theyll take their foot off the share prices neck anytime soon until we get positive news ,its all too easy at the moment for them unfortunatley.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Dropped alomst 25% in 2 days. Hopefully it will go up double of that.
Hopefully it goes up 5000 times that

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Labsy

Regular
Sorry if this has already been posted, as I haven't had the time to keep up with the posts lately..

Close to 12 million new borrowed shorts were taken out on Friday and were the main impetus for the push down, into current territory.

They tried extremely hard to capitalise on the 4C results and have succeeded in getting us here.

We won't know the real aftermath and "current" reported aggregate shorts, for a few days, as to how many of the outstanding 108 million shares (as of 25th October) were covered.

So it's important, that people realise, that the current "disappointment" in the share price, is largely manufactured.

This represents a huge buying opportunity, if you believe in the Company’s future.

Next ASX200 rebalance, will be in December however, so we will need to make some waves before then, lest we get kicked out 😛

So the effects of that, have to be taken into consideration.

View attachment 20696
Thanks buddy, your info is invaluable! I have been accumulating but I feel I may have over done it a little...a new shareholder spread would be good to see just how things have changed with everyone else...

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
About the same time I came across BRN, I also had a small investment in what was then OGA (Ocean grown Abalone), now RFA (Rare foods Australia), not because I expected to make a huge profit, but just for the romance of the project.
They farm abalone in the open ocean near Esperance by building artificial reefs, and go scuba diving to harvest.

Well I've "lost" about 70% of my initial investment, but that's not the point of this story.

The point is that they can get away with the following in their 4C:

https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/RFA/02590823.pdf

Rare Foods incurred a net operating cash deficit for Q1 of $538k, after commencing the Quarter with cash reserves of $795k and concluding the quarter with $67k.
Operating cashflows for the quarter included $1.264M in customer receipts, $40k of other income and operating cash outflows of $1.842M.
Payments to related parties for the quarter totalled $160K, including directors, employees, and cold storage fees.
The net operating deficit of $538k is largely attributable to our deployment activities ($413k) which continue to attract a 43.5% R&D tax incentive and the end financial year compliance and listing expenses ($108k).
The Company has now completed and lodged its FY22 R&D and tax return documentation and expects to receive the FY22 R&D refund ($1.83M) imminently, subject to ATO processing times.
The Company’s forward order book for Q2, combined with the existing $1M overdraft facility with NAB adequately supports the Company’s working capital requirements, through until the R&D refund is receive
d.

So, because it looks like they are about to go bust, they have put in a line about expected future income, which BRN is constrained from doing, even though we have a runway of 18 months, because we are in a field which the ASX polices like a hawk.

RFA is down 6% at the present moment.

So, knowing what we know about expected future income from the previous quarter's report, do you think either of these companies is oversold?

PS: As I said, I'm just really envious of a day at the office of RFA.

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Gosh no, Hoppy! Thankfully I have a little more decorum than that! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm feeling a bit chilly so I'm off to throw another nappy on the fire. 🔥🩲
Take the chimneysweep out first.

• Haha

stan9614

Regular
I reckon we are going to finish red though

My understanding of this article is that they are improving CPUs, GPUs and NPUs which are not Brainchips AI chips, and they want to release sensors not chips that can do the 5 human senses. What will benefit these sensors is Akida however, if they are improving their own CPU, GPU and NPUs then akida is not taken in consideration unless improving performance somehow meant an inclusion of an AI chip. I don’t like saying this but that statement in blue above is incorrect unless it is somewhere in the full article which I have not opened
From what I can see, if these players are trying to compete in the area of smart living, smart mobility and etc where generally, not just low energy consumption, but ULTRA-low energy consumption is required, then they will have to, at least looking at the currently available technology options, come to neuromorphic solution use Spiking neural network approach. AS CPU,GPU and NPUs just cannot achieve power consumption in micro to milli watt range. The latest Nvidia Jetson orin released in September this year can only achieve the minimum power consumption of 5 watts.

Here is an article talking about the need of combining CPU, GPU and NPU with neuromorphic computing

and by the way, can anyone with more technical background knowledge check for us if CPU, GPU and NPU with cnn approach can theoretically achieve power consumption in micro to milli watt range? @uiux @Fact Finder

1667188925847.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
About the same time I came across BRN, I also had a small investment in what was then OGA (Ocean grown Abalone), now RFA (Rare foods Australia), not because I expected to make a huge profit, but just for the romance of the project.
They farm abalone in the open ocean near Esperance by building artificial reefs, and go scuba diving to harvest.

Well I've "lost" about 70% of my initial investment, but that's not the point of this story.

The point is that they can get away with the following in their 4C:

https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/RFA/02590823.pdf

Rare Foods incurred a net operating cash deficit for Q1 of $538k, after commencing the Quarter with cash reserves of $795k and concluding the quarter with $67k.
Operating cashflows for the quarter included $1.264M in customer receipts, $40k of other income and operating cash outflows of $1.842M.
Payments to related parties for the quarter totalled $160K, including directors, employees, and cold storage fees.
The net operating deficit of $538k is largely attributable to our deployment activities ($413k) which continue to attract a 43.5% R&D tax incentive and the end financial year compliance and listing expenses ($108k).
The Company has now completed and lodged its FY22 R&D and tax return documentation and expects to receive the FY22 R&D refund ($1.83M) imminently, subject to ATO processing times.
The Company’s forward order book for Q2, combined with the existing $1M overdraft facility with NAB adequately supports the Company’s working capital requirements, through until the R&D refund is receive
d.

So, because it looks like they are about to go bust, they have put in a line about expected future income, which BRN is constrained from doing, even though we have a runway of 18 months, because we are in a field which the ASX polices like a hawk.

RFA is down 6% at the present moment.

So, knowing what we know about expected future income from the previous quarter's report, do you think either of these companies is oversold?

PS: As I said, I'm just really envious of a day at the office of RFA.
That' a hard one mate. An industry known for violence and criminal activity with hardly any money to scratch itself with and China its no doubt largest market probably denied to them and quotas no doubt on what they can harvest to catch up on past losses so completely price dependent down 6%.

Against a ground breaking patent protected technology with partnerships with some of the biggest players and no quotas on how much it can produce and virtually no costs of production on its IP led by squeaky clean individuals with sterling reputations and one and a half years of cash runway in the bank earning increasing interest, R&D tax incentives to come in from multiple countries, and $28 million in secured capital if required increasing its runway to over 3 years in the absence of any income and the R&D tax incentives down 28%.

Gee that's a hard one mate as I said almost could throw a sheet of bronco over them but look I will say ... sorry just discussing with Blind Freddie ... Ok its a bit of a guess on my part but the Brain says pick Brainchip as the over sold one.

How did we go? Did we win? What do we get?

No opinion just guessing so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 17 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
I reckon we are going to finish red though

My understanding of this article is that they are improving CPUs, GPUs and NPUs which are not Brainchips AI chips, and they want to release sensors not chips that can do the 5 human senses. What will benefit these sensors is Akida however, if they are improving their own CPU, GPU and NPUs then akida is not taken in consideration unless improving performance somehow meant an inclusion of an AI chip. I don’t like saying this but that statement in blue above is incorrect unless it is somewhere in the full article which I have not opened
I just edited my post to include a link to the article.

Reactions: 4 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
From what I can see, if these players are trying to compete in the area of smart living, smart mobility and etc where generally, not just low energy consumption, but ULTRA-low energy consumption is required, then they will have to, at least looking at the currently available technology options, come to neuromorphic solution use Spiking neural network approach. AS CPU,GPU and NPUs just cannot achieve power consumption in micro to milli watt range. The latest Nvidia Jetson orin released in September this year can only achieve the minimum power consumption of 5 watts.

Here is an article talking about the need of combining CPU, GPU and NPU with neuromorphic computing

and by the way, can anyone with more technical background knowledge check for us if CPU, GPU and NPU with cnn approach can theoretically achieve power consumption in micro to milli watt range? @uiux @Fact Finder

View attachment 20709
Yes Stan it can. Simple one step action required. Turn it off at the power point and it then matches AKIDA.😎

Stan being serious forget what power they use the fan/s that they need to keep cool uses more power than AKIDA they are on a hiding to nothing. They just cannot get to the levels that AKIDA runs on at full power all day for five months on two pencil light batteries.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Diogenese

Top 20
That' a hard one mate. An industry known for violence and criminal activity with hardly any money to scratch itself with and China its no doubt largest market probably denied to them and quotas no doubt on what they can harvest to catch up on past losses so completely price dependent down 6%.

Against a ground breaking patent protected technology with partnerships with some of the biggest players and no quotas on how much it can produce and virtually no costs of production on its IP led by squeaky clean individuals with sterling reputations and one and a half years of cash runway in the bank earning increasing interest, R&D tax incentives to come in from multiple countries, and $28 million in secured capital if required increasing its runway to over 3 years in the absence of any income and the R&D tax incentives down 28%.

Gee that's a hard one mate as I said almost could throw a sheet of bronco over them but look I will say ... sorry just discussing with Blind Freddie ... Ok its a bit of a guess on my part but the Brain says pick Brainchip as the over sold one.

How did we go? Did we win? What do we get?

No opinion just guessing so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
You can't have quotas on the magic pudding!

or, because it's in WA, did you mean quokkas?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
It's interesting becasue Arm has a longstanding partnership with Samsung Electronics’ System LSI business. They were an early adopter of the new Arm Cortex-X1 CPU. In this blog it says "The Cortex-X1 is Arm’s most powerful CPU to date and the first from the Cortex-X Custom (CXC) program. It gives our partners greater flexibility and scalability to increase peak performance relative to our standard CPUs."

From my limited understanding, the Cortex-X custom program allows participating partners to shape the final product design. I've been thinking this might be one way that Samsung (for example) could request for Akida to be implemented in it's own custom designed product. Just my humble, completley uneducated thoughts and vague ramblings only.

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 4.22.01 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 4.30.34 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Sera, another question for you, can Brainchip put in the revenue(account receivable) in the 4 C if they wish to do so? I worked in an an American EMS MNC before, I remember at every end of the quarter, we will be chasing for outputs and everything delivered before the last day of the quarter is been captured as revenue, why is Brainchip not doing so? Is it because the Australian law where the goods delivered and invoiced are not considered as revenue?
The 4C doesn’t report “revenue”.

It reports cash flow.

The statement shows sales but it’s not reporting the recognition of sales. It’s reporting cash received from sales.

If you haven’t received the cash by month end you can’t magically show it as received in the cash flow…

Hopefully my explanation is clear enough.

For those here that don’t understand the difference between an annual report and a cash flow statement, I would strongly encourage you to do some more research. If you don’t have time to research then perhaps ETF’s would be a better investment option for you.

No offence intended. You are literally investing your money. If you lack fundamental financial knowledge then you’re perhaps better off leaving the investing of your hard earned to professional fund managers.

My opinion only, DYOR etc.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 30 users

VictorG

It reports cash flow.

The statement shows sales but it’s not reporting the recognition of sales. It’s reporting cash received from sales.

If you haven’t received the cash by month end you can’t magically show it as received in the cash flow…

For those here that don’t understand the difference between an annual report and a cash flow statement, I would strongly encourage you to do some more research. If you don’t have time to research then perhaps ETF’s would be a better investment option for you.

No offence intended. You are literally investing your money. If you lack fundamental financial knowledge then you’re perhaps better off leaving the investing of your hard earned to professional fund managers.

Parmalat tried the creative accounting route, finished up with sour milk!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Is there a connection between Prophesee and Megachip? Just thinking about all the partnerships we have and after you listen to the podcast it’s clear that prophesee need to use Akida.

I’m wondering what the hold up would be on an IP deal or prophesee have gone through a side door (megachip) to use and pay for the IP.

You would think Prophesee and Nvisio would be extremely close to announcing a deal involving cash considering how vocal they have been in there validation of Akida!

Hopefully be a nice rebound today after everybody’s calmed there tits..😂
Hi Euks

Sorry for the delay in posting but I forgot to come back.

If there is a connection between MEGACHIPS and Prophesee it will be via Sony. MEGACHIPS were involved with Sony a couple of years ago and of course as we know Prophesee is now engaged with Sony.

So not a huge leap to create another circle involving Sony, MEGACHIPS, Brainchip, Prophesee and Sony.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: This is when I wish I could use fancy computer stuff as I would draw a circle with Brainchip at 12 o'clock, MEGACHIPS at 9 o'clock, Prophesee at 3 o'clock and Sony at 6 o'clock with a play school bear in the middle. Just kidding it would be Jemima and B1 & B2 in the middle.

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users

Iseki

Regular
only way to make a small fortune from abalone is to start with a bigger fortune... ancient proverb

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Just having a flick through NASA stuff for anything interesting.

This doesn't specify which COTS (as in Akida) as NASA is using diff products from diff suppliers for different processes / needs and will probs only be of interest maybe, to posters like @uiux and @Diogenese and others more technically adept.

It is about the Rad Neuro project though and we have been referenced in that previously in the last couple of presentation I posted a while ago.

1667197453425.png

The other one I am watching / waiting for may or may not provide some further detail is the following.

Whether they are general results or specific with product naming, will find out and also not sure if Akida would have been part of this particular test program already as may be results from last year or earlier this year tests. I'm also sure I read somewhere we may have been in FPGA not ASIC....think was one of the prev pressos but obviously things can change.

1667197613904.png

Attachments

• Mission_Radiation_Modeling_STI.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 72
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

KKFoo

Regular

It reports cash flow.

Thank you, now it is very clear for me..I will double up my holdings as I think Brainchip will be successful, manipulators are just using the last 4C to scare people ..

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom