BRN Discussion Ongoing

cosors

👀
"Likewise, Mercedes’ existing bespoke EVs are among the longest-legged in their respective segments, but the new-generation EVs will take this further. They will combine power-dense battery packs with hyper-efficient motors, lightweight construction methods and super-slick bodywork to fully maximise efficiency, as demonstrated by the radical (and fully functioning) EQXX prototype, which gives the most concrete clues yet as to the electric future of the popular C-Class."

"Power dense battery packs" - this is interesting for those interested in battery technology.

Mark Thompson MD of Talga (TLG) who develop and make graphite anodes, said quite recently that automakers were seeking to introduce the silicon-graphite anodes earlier than previously anticipated. Talga has a pilot plant in Sweden, where it's graphite mine is located, and has distributer test samples to over 20 potential customers.

They have developed a Si-graphite anode which gives batteries a significant capacity boost. I think that, sadly, the battery industry is more beset by NDAs than the SNN world.

Postscript:
But read on -
"Mercedes-Benz highlights radical new battery technology as a facilitator of this improvement, with boosted power density allowing for a greater range to be achieved while keeping weight low and maximising interior space. The firm remains tight-lipped about the technical specifics of the new-generation power packs it will begin rolling out to its line-up, but the EQXX’s circa-100kWh batterysupplied by CATL – is 35 per cent lighter and about half the size of the 107.8kWh unit used by the EQS. Such advances pave the way for future cars to sit lower and have more spacious cabins, as well as offering improved ranges."

... oh well!
And we are waiting for ACC/MB/Stelantis to turn the non-binding off-take into a binding one next month.

Reactions: 6 users

TECH

Regular
Very recently meaning last day or so in one of the company presentations and I have a feeling it was one by Peter van der Made it specifically referenced an involvement with a robotics project???

some embodiments of robots and other controlled dynamic mechanical systems described herein may include a plurality of sensors of a modular system hardware design such that each sensor (or a grouping of sensors) is coupled (directly, in some examples) with special-purpose chipsets for performing a space”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Hey FF.... your post hasn't received the acknowledgement or recognition that I believe that it should have.

This is a solid dot, in my opinion... GIANT AI, I think more will play out with this company.... why, because which company ticks off all the known modalities using AAA batteries?

Shorts really upping the pressure on our stock at present, if the 4C is weak, well expect a 7 to appear as the first digit in our share price.

The wheel will turn, believe in your investment in the technology, but more so in our, wonderful Founder/s and highly intelligent, hardworking staff.

Cheers for now... T

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Alibaba Cloud Server M Series which is based on T-Head Yitian710 Server CPU SoC has passed Arm SystemReady SR v2.2 certification.
https://lnkd.in/gS_GZ4Gy

Arm SystemReady SR is designed for the Windows, Linux, VMware, and BSD environments on systems based on server or workstation Arm SoCs. SystemReady SR ensures standard firmware interfaces to deploy and maintain, reducing the cost of supporting multiple software versions. It also aims to support old operating systems to run on new hardware and vice versa, and targets generic off-the-shelf OSs.
1666785685821.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
And we are waiting for ACC/MB/Stelantis to turn the non-binding off-take into a binding one next month.

Hi @cosors ,

I steered the conversation off the beaten track re Talga, so I've posted my response over there.

Reactions: 3 users

Doz

Regular
Hi Doz thanks for the breakdown, are you able to summarize this into layman terms of the purpose of the deleting, changing and spoofing of orders, and how this strategy benefits them. I’m sure I’m not the only one that’d appreciate it 👍

Hi Lex , you may find the below information helpful in regards to the auction activity .

Auction manipulation .png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

Dang Son

Regular
Hi
Based on the Adam's report there will be a motion for an Asic Inquiry put before parliament at 11am Thur.(today)
In this video description (posted last night) there is a list of senators that may need a nudge to vote yes for an Asic Inquiry.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

cosors

👀
Wouldn't it be nice to have some confirmation from the company regarding sales instead of having to continually draw a long bow and join dots?
Boring and where is the fun? As an engineer I am used to the unwritten law: as little as possible as much as necessary "."
That's efficient

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
D

Deleted member 118

challenge accepted. but B. Gates does have sweet spot in regards to our similar interest to Nanose our Hossam Haick. i personally think this is still simmering in the background.
I still believe nasa is using various companies that are adapting Akida technology to come up with a handheld device between them that is10 x better to detect any disease than Nanose ever will.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
I don't want to blur any image of these companies in your minds. It is just my disillusioned perception since many years of decline. They used to be groundbreaking. They are no longer, in my view. If Siemens and Bosch were engaged in anything earth-shattering I would be extremely surprised, old laurels. Siemens still has some niche technologies that no one can get past. But that is declining from year to year. As for Bosh, I'm completely disillusioned about a mate who tells me things from behind the scenes. But! Even a blind hen sometimes pecks correctly. That refers to a few posts over weeks or months. If it's about groundbreaking things maybe you should spend your time elsewhere.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
Reactions: 1 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Due to current events: Bosch is hiring in Pittsburgh, Sunnyvale, and all over Germany (and many other places) in AI, autonomous driving, security, SW development, ...

Here is an example with my direct colleagues in Pittsburgh: https://lnkd.in/ed3jcCrW

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

cosors

👀
Due to current events: Bosch is hiring in Pittsburgh, Sunnyvale, and all over Germany (and many other places) in AI, autonomous driving, security, SW development, ...

Here is an example with my direct colleagues in Pittsburgh: https://lnkd.in/ed3jcCrW

I never lose faith. I love the German developer tower. That's why I chose this path back then and live, feel and suffer with every German step. I keep my fingers crossed with a fist wedge.

• Love

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Mary Bennion
Mary Bennion Director, Ecosystem at Arm

🤖Check it out: The new Arm developer program launches today—a one-stop-shop for all your development needs #onarm ! I’m excited to be a part of it 💃🏻
Richard Snee
Richard Snee• 2. VP Marketing at Arm & Advisor at Crane Venture Partners

Join the new Arm Developer Program! Get access to some amazing people at Arm! Zachary Lasiuk Jason Andrews Christopher Seidl Mary Bennion Pareena Verma Peter Harris Robert Wolff Gemma Platt Robbie Williamson #developer #OnArm

• Love
  • Fire

cosors

👀
Congratulations to you Australians! I just heard that there was a follow-up environmental conference to the one in Glasgow. The only industrialised nation in the world that has improved its targets is Australia. That's good, isn't it?

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
D

Deleted member 118

Radar transceiver: ADAS / Autonomous Driving key components

Blog 1: Why do we need radar?

Blog 2: Basics of FMCW Radar

Blog 3: Distance measurement: How far can the radar detect?

Blog 4: Radar resolution: How accurate is the radar?

Blog 5: Radar architecture: Connect multiple radar sensors

Evolution of architecture

In previous radar blogs, we have covered the significant increase in the number of sensors in general, especially radar modules, in order to achieve a higher level of autonomy and safety. As shown in Figure 1, additional radar modules are expected to be installed in the next few years, based only on level L1 driver assistance and NCAP (new car assessment programme) 1-4 forward monitoring radar. From this configuration, it will be compatible with level L2+ driver assistance and NCAP 4 to 5 for standard cars, and level L3 to L4 autonomous driving and NCAP5 for luxury cars.

A3CFE96C-7B38-4743-B2C9-2C5FC8E1AAC6.png

With the centralization of vehicle functions, the performance of the central processing unit is expected to improve rapidly. In that case, if you don't do computational processing with the sensor module, you will be able to do data processing more efficiently. This leads to the evolution of the E/E architecture of the car into a decentralized architecture. Of course, the transition to a fully decentralized architecture takes a long time and is expected to be completed after 2030. Until then, partial implementation will proceed in the market.

The first step is to install a domain controller (DCU) for specific functional applications such as ADAS. After that, the number of DCUs will increase depending on the level of autonomous driving. When level L2+ driver assistance is required, a zone controller will be introduced along with the DCU. Ultimately, it will be a centralized E/E architecture connected to the central computer through a zone control unit where the sensor is connected. This evolution is shown in Figure 2. Of course, this requires the rapid complexity of the software and the large capacity of the in-vehicle network.

D9AAB828-C86F-481F-900C-AAD9E306A3AD.png

Figure 2. Megatrends of E/E architecture (Source: David Xu, Renesas Electronics)

In the newly introduced E/E architecture, part of the radar processing is not done on the radar module (edge computing) as shown in Figure 3, and the calculation will be done efficiently by delocalizing it. The amount of processing in each module or control unit is determined by the required performance and the available architecture.

75819454-00F8-4B3E-8F98-9D5B0223C195.png

Figure 3. Radar data processing process

Smart radar sensor

Today's radar architecture consists of individual independent radar modules placed around the vehicle. Each module is equipped with a radar transceiver and has the ability to process detected data on-board. As shown in Figure 4, it can be processed with a single chip or another microcontroller on the same module or So I'll process it with C

88B836E0-D5A1-4CAA-BD63-229B7671B26A.png

The processed radar data is transferred from each "smart radar sensor" via the CAN bus and fused with a distant DCU. Figure 5 shows the various processing processes and their execution order.

1250A4D9-9558-4F61-8F81-00EBDE0D6D57.png

Figure 5. Radar signal processing with smart radar sensors and domain control units

If the number of sensors is sufficient, you can recognize obstacles around the vehicle. For example, in Figure 6, the ADAS ECU receives information on objects detected by the forward long-range radar (LRR) and information from the short-range and medium-range radar (SRR/MRR) at the four corners, and creates a whole image of the surroundings.

4A1EBFFA-55B3-4CE0-88A7-138BCACA7BEC.png

Figure 6. Example of radar architecture with smart sensor (edge processing) and domain controller

Satellite radar sensor

With the introduction of a centralized architecture, some of the data processing will be separated from the radar module in the future. As shown in Figure 7, the satellite radar unit performs only some of the received radar signal processing, such as range FFT, before transferring data to a distant ECU (domain or zone controller). In this case, the radar module itself will not be able to say "smart".

362E14E7-95F6-48FE-A4E5-B1933EA463EF.png

Figure 7. Centrally treated satellite sensor

Part of the data processing is performed on each satellite radar module, and the ECU receives the data and performs the main radar data processing process for each received data set. The processed results can be fused with information from other sensors to increase the accuracy of recognition. Figure 8 shows each process.

F0AE5467-0368-45AF-A5D4-297EE1AAB930.png

Figure 8. Radar signal processing in satellite radar and central ECU

In the implementation of a centralized architecture using a satellite radar module, the data is transferred to the ECU via the vehicle's Ethernet network. Forward surveillance radars and imaging radars (LRR/Imaging) require a large amount of radar data, so smart sensors are used, and all data processing of the radar is still performed at the edge. On the other hand, multiple satellite radars are placed around the vehicle so that it can recognize the 360° perimeter. For example, in the architecture in Figure 9, the corner radar (SRR/MRR) and ultra-short-range radar (USRR) preprocess the received data, compress and transmit the data if necessary, and perform further data processing in the zone ECU. I will.

1188DFF0-9549-46D9-BEAE-0C63929FD7CF.png

Figure 9. Example of zone ECU-based radar architecture with satellite module and remote processor

Using satellite radar modules in a centralized architecture gives you a variety of benefits.

First of all, the satellite radar module will be simpler and the size and cost will be reduced. It is also easy to repair and upgrade if necessary. In particular, modules placed near hot parts like headlights will also reduce the problem of heat generation.

By using the automotive Ethernet network for data transfer, you can optimize the cost and weight of the cable. Of course, Ethernet transmission requires security measures. In addition, it is a data format that is easy to store and process together with data from other sensors.

Using the vehicle's control unit for data processing not only greatly improves the processing efficiency of radar data, but also enables more complex operations. Using data fusion with other sensors such as cameras and riders, machine learning and artificial intelligence, you will be able to optimize the sensing and analysis of the surrounding environment, and you will be able to contribute to the realization of more advanced autonomous driving.

A summary

In the future, the E/E architecture of the vehicle will evolve into a centralized computing solution. In a few years, different architectures will coexist, and both smart sensors and satellite radars will be used. The main differences are summarized in the following table.

Table 1. Comparison of smart sensors and satellite sensors

Radar Module "Smart Sensor" Centralized (Satellite)
Processor location Radar module/chip Zonal/Central ECU
Radar output Processed data (objects) Processed data (point cloud) Raw data/Range FFT
Network type CAN 100Mb Ethernet Gb Ethernet

As mentioned earlier, in order to migrate to a centralized architecture with higher computational performance, high-speed communication must be available throughout the vehicle. In the near future, this architecture will depend on the vehicle's Ethernet network. However, MIPI A-phy is also a candidate for future generations.

Renesas has ECUs based on the R-Car Gen4 series and innovative components for smart radar and satellite radar units, and will take on providing advanced solutions for future automobiles. I'm working together.

The Winning Combinations

Imaging radar for ADAS & AD

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users

cosors

👀
Today I have my sarcastic. But that has nothing to do with our darling

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I never lose faith. I love the German developer tower. That's why I chose this path back then and live, feel and suffer with every German step. I keep my fingers crossed with a fist wedge.
DEVELOPER TOWER🥰😘 GERMAN🥰😘
1666813729825.png

Reactions: 9 users

Worker122

Regular
Hi
Based on the Adam's report there will be a motion for an Asic Inquiry put before parliament at 11am Thur.(today)
In this video description (posted last night) there is a list of senators that may need a nudge to vote yes for an Asic Inquiry.

Gaining momentum, great post . Thanks Dang Son

cosors

👀
Top Bottom