BRN Discussion Ongoing

cosors

👀
I don't want to blur any image of these companies in your minds. It is just my disillusioned perception since many years of decline. They used to be groundbreaking. They are no longer, in my view. If Siemens and Bosch were engaged in anything earth-shattering I would be extremely surprised, old laurels. Siemens still has some niche technologies that no one can get past. But that is declining from year to year. As for Bosh, I'm completely disillusioned about a mate who tells me things from behind the scenes. But! Even a blind hen sometimes pecks correctly. That refers to a few posts over weeks or months. If it's about groundbreaking things maybe you should spend your time elsewhere.
Siemens once had the Transrapid. The best and most advanced in the world, e.g. Siemens sold everything to China. There was a little fight in politics. The Greens didn't want to give it to Stoiber, a conservative bone from Munich. There are probably some here who still know the story. But perhaps want to see it differently. Siemens...
and Handys 🤣
___
Handy is German for phone
___
He wanted to build the technology on a route from the airport to the city with the magnetic levitation train, a few kilometres. The Greens did not want to grant the conservatives this triumph. The argument was money. Today, this technology is crossing China. Not everything that is green is good.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
:)
It's actually a spelling mistake that is a gift to me because of my work at Audi. But I like it. Leave it. Tower is good.
I thought so, that's why I created this developer tower right away, I thought it was funny🙃😉

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Getupthere

Regular

BERLIN (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG is no longer investing in Argo AI, the company said on Wednesday, concentrating its automated driving efforts on its existing partnerships with Bosch and Horizon Robotics in China.

Volkswagen commercial vehicles will pursue a partnership with a new, soon-to-be named partner, the carmaker said in its statement, with prototypes for its electric van, the ID. Buzz, already in test phase.

The first outcomes from the partnership between Volkswagen’s software unit Cariad and Bosch, announced in January this year, are planned for 2023, the statement said.

Volkswagen disclosed a $2.6 billion investment in Argo AI, the Pittsburgh-based self-driving startup, in June 2020.

The investment meant the startup was jointly controlled by the German carmaker and Ford Motor Co, which made an initial investment in Argo AI shortly after it was founded.

“Volkswagen is working with Argo AI to enable further working opportunities for employees and continue developing the promising projects on autonomous driving. All further cooperations with Ford remain unchanged,” Volkswagen’s statement said.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Getupthere

Regular

DETROIT (Reuters) -Ford Motor Co on Wednesday reported a third-quarter net loss driven by its decision to shift spending from the Argo AI self-driving business.

Ford posted a net loss of $827 million, after taking a $2.7 billion noncash pretax impairment on its investment in Argo AI.

The automaker said Argo will be “wound down” and that “talented engineers” will be offered positions with Ford.

The other key investor in Pittsburgh-based Argo, Volkswagen AG, said it, too, expects to hire some personnel from Argo.

Chief Executive Jim Farley on Wednesday said Ford will shift its development focus away from fully self-driving vehicles to advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) that are partially automated but still require humans to stay engaged when a vehicle is moving.

“Profitable, fully autonomous vehicles at scale are a long way off and we won’t necessarily have to create that technology ourselves,” Farley said in a statement.

The U.S. automaker said third-quarter revenue jumped to $39.4 billion, up 10% from a year ago, while adjusted operating profit was $1.8 billion.

Ford said it expects full-year adjusted earnings before interest and taxes to rise to about $11.5 billion, up around 15% from a year ago.

Adjusted free cash flow in the quarter was $3.6 billion, with the outlook for the full year raised to $9.5 billion to $10 billion

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Headline of the Month:

Tech giants fail to deliver on earnings: Biotechs finding support

This headline is one we will all learn to expect as Brainchip and its AKIDA technology becomes ubiquitous across the tech world.

Those companies that see the light and ride the AKIDA wave will survive the others will like Kodak fade away into negative territory. 😂🤣😂🤣😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

rgupta

Regular

DETROIT (Reuters) -Ford Motor Co on Wednesday reported a third-quarter net loss driven by its decision to shift spending from the Argo AI self-driving business.

Ford posted a net loss of $827 million, after taking a $2.7 billion noncash pretax impairment on its investment in Argo AI.

The automaker said Argo will be “wound down” and that “talented engineers” will be offered positions with Ford.

The other key investor in Pittsburgh-based Argo, Volkswagen AG, said it, too, expects to hire some personnel from Argo.

Chief Executive Jim Farley on Wednesday said Ford will shift its development focus away from fully self-driving vehicles to advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) that are partially automated but still require humans to stay engaged when a vehicle is moving.

“Profitable, fully autonomous vehicles at scale are a long way off and we won’t necessarily have to create that technology ourselves,” Farley said in a statement.

The U.S. automaker said third-quarter revenue jumped to $39.4 billion, up 10% from a year ago, while adjusted operating profit was $1.8 billion.

Ford said it expects full-year adjusted earnings before interest and taxes to rise to about $11.5 billion, up around 15% from a year ago.

Adjusted free cash flow in the quarter was $3.6 billion, with the outlook for the full year raised to $9.5 billion to $10 billion
How should we interpret it in relation to brn.
We know that ford was one of EAP customer and of late brn is not using ford symbol for the same.
Should we consider ford was trying brn through Argo ai and now they feel the same is not possible.
There must be great discussions before closing Argo ai it is only market is getting the information today.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Dhm

Regular
We know that ford was one of EAP customer and of late brn is not using ford symbol for the same.
Should we consider ford was trying brn through Argo ai and now they feel the same is not possible.
There must be great discussions before closing Argo ai it is only market is getting the information today.
This is the quote that got my attention:

“Profitable, fully autonomous vehicles at scale are a long way off and we won’t necessarily have to create that technology ourselves,” Farley said in a statement

Wise, because our partners and us can make them for Ford.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

chapman89

Founding Member

BERLIN (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG is no longer investing in Argo AI, the company said on Wednesday, concentrating its automated driving efforts on its existing partnerships with Bosch and Horizon Robotics in China.

Volkswagen commercial vehicles will pursue a partnership with a new, soon-to-be named partner, the carmaker said in its statement, with prototypes for its electric van, the ID. Buzz, already in test phase.

The first outcomes from the partnership between Volkswagen’s software unit Cariad and Bosch, announced in January this year, are planned for 2023, the statement said.

Volkswagen disclosed a $2.6 billion investment in Argo AI, the Pittsburgh-based self-driving startup, in June 2020.

The investment meant the startup was jointly controlled by the German carmaker and Ford Motor Co, which made an initial investment in Argo AI shortly after it was founded.

“Volkswagen is working with Argo AI to enable further working opportunities for employees and continue developing the promising projects on autonomous driving. All further cooperations with Ford remain unchanged,” Volkswagen’s statement said.
I was reading this morning actually about Bosch and their lidar, they say-

“ With the first long-range lidar (light detection and ranging) suitable for the automotive mass market, Bosch develops a third sensor technology that is needed to make the vision of automated driving become reality. The laser-based distance measurement is indispensible for driving functions at SAE level 4”

But they also say it uses less than “20W” but akida uses milliwatts?!!

Also from the Bosch page-

“> 200 m​

detection range

< 20 W​

power consumption
PRODUCT BENEFITS FOR MANUFACTURERS

• First lidar for automotive use that is suitable for the mass market
  • Fundamental sensor technology completes the sensor portfolio needed for highly automated driving
  • Meet the requirements for redundancy in an automated vehicle

• Reliable environment detection in addition to radar, video and ultrasonic sensors to enable safe automated driving
  • Ideal sensor for mapping applications due to its extremely high resolution.
  • Allows small and reliable feature detection for super high-resolution maps”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Iseki

Regular

Well, they weren't using Akida based chips, so really what chance did they have? They had a lidar system so big you could never park in a multi-story, and they used GPU's that ran hotter than conti exhausts.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Iseki

Regular
Ford is EAP, Argo was a spin-off from Google, so not using Akida.
I think we will see this scenario repeated - startups using GPU's getting burnt - literally.
Ford EAP likely to progress similarly to MB, IMHO

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

“Talented Engineers will be offered employment at Ford”

Why?

Because they are building out like Mercedes Benz an ADAS platform with partners using neuromorphic computing at scale through to Level 4 driving.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Hi Lex , you may find the below information helpful in regards to the auction activity .

View attachment 20183
Hi @Doz, thanks for your insights and great knowledge of what is happening with this extremely frustrating' illegal' trading activity that is occurring on the ASX !! thanks again for bringing this information to the attention of all of us here on Tse.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Iseki

Regular

Why?

Because they are building out like Mercedes Benz an ADAS platform with partners using neuromorphic computing at scale through to Level 4 driving.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Nailed it!

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Tony Coles

Regular

Why?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
They will eventually come around to use the required sensors needed from Akida technology and Valeo after blowing billions of dollars Into thin air. Go BRN!

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users
Ford was announced as a price sensitive ASX announcement. A material change in the status quo between Ford and Brainchip as you suggest has to be announced to the market.

That is the clear law.

There has been no such announcement therefore the relationship continues.

Last year a poster sent an email to Tony Dawe asking if Ford and Valeo were still working with Brainchip and he replied that if they were not there would have to be an announcement via the ASX.

I personally therefore believe Ford is working with Brainchip and invest on this basis if I am being misled by Brainchip in this regard I will sue the pants off them.

Unfortunately those who claim this is not the case will fail in any such action as they should have mitigated their loss when they formed the opinion they were being misled.

The bottom line is Ford and Brainchip are working together until an actual further notice is published on the ASX.

Now a fact to go on with Peter van der Made stated that AKIDA 2.0 with LSTM would complete the picture for advanced ADAS systems.

The speculation based on this is that Valeo, Ford and Mercedes Benz are trialling this IP from at least late 2021 and this work convinced Ford and likely GM that Argo was a dead end.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 78 users

Slade

Top 20

This is big news.....and a tad exciting for us I think.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Slade

Top 20
Ford was announced as a price sensitive ASX announcement. A material change in the status quo between Ford and Brainchip as you suggest has to be announced to the market.

That is the clear law.

There has been no such announcement therefore the relationship continues.

Last year a poster sent an email to Tony Dawe asking if Ford and Valeo were still working with Brainchip and he replied that if they were not there would have to be an announcement via the ASX.

I personally therefore believe Ford is working with Brainchip and invest on this basis if I am being misled by Brainchip in this regard I will sue the pants off them.

Unfortunately those who claim this is not the case will fail in any such action as they should have mitigated their loss when they formed the opinion they were being misled.

The bottom line is Ford and Brainchip are working together until an actual further notice is published on the ASX.

Now a fact to go on with Peter van der Made stated that AKIDA 2.0 with LSTM would complete the picture for advanced ADAS systems.

The speculation based on this is that Valeo, Ford and Mercedes Benz are trialling this IP from at least late 2021 and this work convinced Ford and likely GM that Argo was a dead end.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The only reason I invested in BrainChip is because of Ford. If I have been misled then I will be seeking legal advice.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Congratulations to you Australians! I just heard that there was a follow-up environmental conference to the one in Glasgow. The only industrialised nation in the world that has improved its targets is Australia. That's good, isn't it?
It was a very low hurdle.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
I was reading this morning actually about Bosch and their lidar, they say-

“ With the first long-range lidar (light detection and ranging) suitable for the automotive mass market, Bosch develops a third sensor technology that is needed to make the vision of automated driving become reality. The laser-based distance measurement is indispensible for driving functions at SAE level 4”

But they also say it uses less than “20W” but akida uses milliwatts?!!

Also from the Bosch page-

“> 200 m​

detection range

< 20 W​

power consumption
PRODUCT BENEFITS FOR MANUFACTURERS

• First lidar for automotive use that is suitable for the mass market
  • Fundamental sensor technology completes the sensor portfolio needed for highly automated driving
  • Meet the requirements for redundancy in an automated vehicle

• Reliable environment detection in addition to radar, video and ultrasonic sensors to enable safe automated driving
  • Ideal sensor for mapping applications due to its extremely high resolution.
  • Allows small and reliable feature detection for super high-resolution maps”

This website is very informative and easy reading about Lidar, power consumption etc.

There are some interesting charts which include our trusted partner Valeo and other opposition Lidars. Enjoy

Lidar and Power Consumption for EVs | Velodyne Lidar

What is lidar? Learn How Lidar Works | Velodyne Lidar

😀

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Top Bottom