Regular
Sorry if posted already, Happy friday all

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
Feel free to watch it all, or skip to 17:30 ish mark

"A brand new technology which is called lidar it's a true techno technological Jewel that will help save lives it sees what you what cameras what radars cannot see"

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users
Hi FF,

For some, it's does take time learn to be patient. I for example, when I first invested in BRN two year ago, and only a small holding. I was looking at my portfolio and on red day and I was down 1k, and that is equivalent to nearly a week of my income, I was all 😡.

As times goes by, I have learnt about my investment in BRN, and 1 other holding, when opportunity arrivies, I would be buying more, in the last two year i have accumulated a decent holding for long term.

Today, a red day, my portfolio of BRN is down equivalent to 3 months of my income, and I only saw that just now. 😅😅😅. I am confident in my investment with Brainchip and where Brainchip is heading!

Anyway, we need that's Learning travel Funds ASAP, I arrived back in Melbourne yesterday.😂😂😂

It's great to be a shareholder 🏖
Hi @Learning
There was a saying in an advertisement for fly spray “when your on a good thing stick to it.”

In the share market having patience can be very, very difficult.

You will occasionally hear what a sensational investment AMAZON shares have been. A quick Google comes up with many articles on this subject.

One which I particularly like contains the following

“A $1000 investment made in June 2011 would be worth $17,957.70, or a gain of 1,695.77%, as of June 11, 2021”

Wow $1000 becomes $17,957.70 amazing.

But only if you had the patience to hold for TEN YEARS.

Most people do not learn how to have patience this is why only 2 or 3 percent of the population have or control all the wealth.

There were a lot of investors in AMAZON who did not hold for the full ten years in fact I suspect probably 98% either panicked in difficult times or took profits to pay a bill or have a holiday that never achieved this ten year return.

If you choose the right share but are lacking patience you will never maximise the value of having made the right choice.

Time in the market not timing the market is where true wealth hides.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 61 users

JK200SX

Regular
Sorry if posted already, Happy friday all

1666301503321.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
2) Sales & Marketing (S&M) expenses of $1,741,958 for the current period increased 64%, or $679,290 from the comparative period as a result of our complete Company rebranding and continued engagement with current and potential customers.

* Projected to end year $3,482,000

3) General & Administrative (G&A) expenses of $3,311,042 increased 39%, or $924,258 from the same period a year ago which is a result of:
a) Increase in headcount in the administrative team resulting in higher employee-related expenses;
b) Increased software expense and office lease expense as our employees are encouraged to return to new office spaces in the USA; balanced by
c) reduced corporate costs associated with lower shareholder activity and cost saving processes adopted when registering new shareholders

*Projected to end of year $6,622,000

Estimate full year total S&M & G&A = $10,104,000
Less: $ 4,831,000 (Revenue)
=$ 5,273,000

“Revenues for the half-year ended 30 June 2022 of $4,831,081 increased 529% from $767,545 in the same period a year ago. The increase in revenue is a result of the partnership with MegaChips and predominantly comprised licensing revenues of Akida 1000 recognised in the current period”

If this 4C produces $3.5 million or more then the final quarter will see even without a further increase an actual profit before development costs of AKIDA 2.0 of about $US2 million which would be a landmark of exceptional significance for Brainchip and its shareholders.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Very nice FF 👏👏 ;)..... I'm feeling even more confident we will see a positive 4C after seeing your prediction/summary.. lets hope for more nuggets of revenue popping up from unknown sources to bolster the figures!!? ... Will it be out TODAY?? :cool: ( P.S. was there a section 1) above 2) ?? ;))

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Xray1

Regular
2) Sales & Marketing (S&M) expenses of $1,741,958 for the current period increased 64%, or $679,290 from the comparative period as a result of our complete Company rebranding and continued engagement with current and potential customers.

3) General & Administrative (G&A) expenses of $3,311,042 increased 39%, or $924,258 from the same period a year ago which is a result of:
a) Increase in headcount in the administrative team resulting in higher employee-related expenses;
b) Increased software expense and office lease expense as our employees are encouraged to return to new office spaces in the USA; balanced by
c) reduced corporate costs associated with lower shareholder activity and cost saving processes adopted when registering new shareholders

=$ 5,273,000

“Revenues for the half-year ended 30 June 2022 of $4,831,081 increased 529% from $767,545 in the same period a year ago. The increase in revenue is a result of the partnership with MegaChips and predominantly comprised licensing revenues of Akida 1000 recognised in the current period”

If this 4C produces $3.5 million or more then the final quarter will see even without a further increase an actual profit before development costs of AKIDA 2.0 of about $US2 million which would be a landmark of exceptional significance for Brainchip and its shareholders.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
FF great accounting ..... I'm still thinking that at say at $2 -$3 mill plus we will see a 4C " Break Even " scenario

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users
FF great accounting ..... I'm still thinking that at say at $2 -$3 mill plus we will see a 4C " Break Even " scenario
I agree. What I was more trying to show was how very close we all are to the PRIZE of being invested in a GOING CONCERN which is the holy grail of the Actuarial profession.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

equanimous

The lettuce won. Should have been a Truss tomato imo

1666303574628.png

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Hi @Learning
There was a saying in an advertisement for fly spray “when your on a good thing stick to it.”

In the share market having patience can be very, very difficult.

You will occasionally hear what a sensational investment AMAZON shares have been. A quick Google comes up with many articles on this subject.

One which I particularly like contains the following

“A $1000 investment made in June 2011 would be worth $17,957.70, or a gain of 1,695.77%, as of June 11, 2021”

Wow $1000 becomes $17,957.70 amazing.

But only if you had the patience to hold for TEN YEARS.

Most people do not learn how to have patience this is why only 2 or 3 percent of the population have or control all the wealth.

There were a lot of investors in AMAZON who did not hold for the full ten years in fact I suspect probably 98% either panicked in difficult times or took profits to pay a bill or have a holiday that never achieved this ten year return.

If you choose the right share but are lacking patience you will never maximise the value of having made the right choice.

Time in the market not timing the market is where true wealth hides.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
To further illustrate the above I have extracted the following:

pressure

21 Oct 2022 - Stocks fell in choppy trading on Thursday as investors weighed several key earnings reports and kept an eye on the bond market, where Treasury yields continue to climb.The selling pressure across the market appears to be coming from retail investors who are piling into cash, with nearly $140bn switched into retail money market funds so far in 2022”

While retail are retreating to the safety of cash the next AMAZON for many will be the one that if only stories will be told about in ten years from now.

While retail are retreating Vanguard is buying.

The contrast between the actions of the rich and the poor is never more stark than in times of fear and uncertainty.

Vanguard is being greedy while retail are selling.

Is there a lesson to take from this???

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

=$ 5,273,000

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I'm no accountant but if the Revenues from January to End of June was $4,831,081 and the Receipts from Customers for the same period was $1,435,000 then wouldn't the balance of $3,396,000 show as receipts from customers in the September 4C. (That's if the money has been received)

**Revenues are earned when goods are sold or services are provided; at this point, an invoice is issued to the customer for payment, after which the seller receives payment from the customer (the “receipt”). Thus, an additional difference is really just a matter of timing, where the revenue is recorded first, and the receipt is recorded later, when the customer pays.**

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

equanimous

While Brn

pressure

21 Oct 2022 - Stocks fell in choppy trading on Thursday as investors weighed several key earnings reports and kept an eye on the bond market, where Treasury yields continue to climb.The selling pressure across the market appears to be coming from retail investors who are piling into cash, with nearly $140bn switched into retail money market funds so far in 2022”

While retail are retreating to the safety of cash the next AMAZON for many will be the one that if only stories will be told about in ten years from now.

The contrast between the actions of the rich and the poor is never more stark than in times of fear and uncertainty.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
While BRN share price has declined with the entire market, Institutions has been accumulating. Not many understand the significance of this unfortunately...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
France on Thursday slapped a 20-million-euro fine on US firm Clearview AI for breaching privacy laws, as pressure mounts on the controversial facial-recognition platform.

The company collects images of faces from websites and social media feeds without seeking permission and sells access to its vast database -- reportedly around 20 billion pictures -- to clients including law enforcement agencies.

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
I'm no accountant but if the Revenues from January to End of June was $4,831,081 and the Receipts from Customers for the same period was $1,435,000 then wouldn't the balance of $3,396,000 show as receipts from customers in the September 4C. (That's if the money has been received)

**Revenues are earned when goods are sold or services are provided; at this point, an invoice is issued to the customer for payment, after which the seller receives payment from the customer (the “receipt”). Thus, an additional difference is really just a matter of timing, where the revenue is recorded first, and the receipt is recorded later, when the customer pays.**
But that does not exclude further revenue accruing in this quarter. It will be the total that counts at the end of the full year.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

JK200SX

Regular

pressure

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

"Vanguard is being greedy while retail are selling."

1666305812606.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
But that does not exclude further revenue accruing in this quarter. It will be the total that counts at the end of the full year.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I agree, if revenue receipts have been paid in the September quarter then the receipts from customers will be at a minimum $3.396M. We are all expecting more. As receipts for the June quarter were $1.23M, then at a minimum we will have at least a 176% increase from the last quarter.
Seems pretty acceptable to me at this stage.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

Bobbyk4819

Emerged

Extract from artical today in AFR. At least this issue is getting some publicity

ASX trading needs a detailed investigation​

It is time ASIC investigated the anomalies and peculiarities that have become embedded in sharemarket deals and are making them more expensive and difficult.

Oct 19, 2022 – 7.41pm
Save
The blatant snub delivered to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission by the country’s leading stockbrokers two years after the ASX market outage is the least of the worries facing the securities regulator.
ASIC has far bigger fish to fry than the fact that the majority of those handling sharemarket trading don’t want to abandon the system that allows the ASX to freeze all share trades when a technology glitch stops transactions.
672fd535d4341f1698a146b89b18e0fc55fd8295

High-frequency trading is allegedly distorting trading on the ASX. David Rowe
ASIC wanted brokers to invest in their systems to allow trading to switch to the alternative platform operated by Cboe when the ASX systems shut down. But an ASX consultation paper found overwhelming support for freezing trades in what is called the “enquire” mode.
What should be of much greater concern to ASIC chairman Joe Longo is the increasingly vocal complaints from fund managers, retail investors and smaller broking firms about the dysfunctional state of the market.
Since the March 2020 disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it has become more expensive and more difficult to trade shares on the ASX.

The market is now characterised by minimal activity in the opening auction, low volumes through the day, and abnormally high trading in the closing auction, also known as the “match”.
About 25 per cent of all market trading each day now occurs in the match, according to data compiled by Macquarie Research. This closing auction trading volume was 13 per cent 10 years ago.
Some have argued that this means the market is more efficient, but brokers say it means investors are increasingly less willing to trade during the day.
The primary concern among brokers is that if they bid for stock during the day, they will send a signal to high-frequency trading (HFT) algorithms which will then front-run their orders.
“In the old days you could just go out and buy 200,000 NAB shares,” one broker said. “Now, you wouldn’t do it because you don’t want to reveal your position to the HFTs.
“We never used to have HFTs in the market, so you didn’t get the intraday volatility like you do now.

“I can go and try and buy 5000 CSL shares and push the stock up $2 – it’s just ridiculous.”
The broker said the ASX would be a much more transparent market and better serve retail investors if limits were placed on HFTs.
A fund manager angry at the proliferation of single share trades that go through the market said the ASX had a duty to market participants to not allow activity that flouts traditional, well-established rules.
He said he had been tracking the share trading in a number of small- and mid-cap stocks over the past few months and found there were large deviations between the volume-weighted average price during the day and the price achieved in the match.
“Of the random nine small-cap stocks with decent small-cap fundie ownership, the average deviation on close to VWAP ranges from 1.3 per cent to 2.3 per cent,” he said.
“I note this average is calculated over approximately three months, and a number of these stocks frequently were closing 5 per cent away from their average traded price.

“A stock closing well away from VWAP frequently suggests to me that someone is seeking a close price to hide their trading.”
Macquarie Research has found large differences between the price at the end of the continuous trading session through the day, and the price on the close.
This is not normal. Under regular market states, the difference should be small because of the relatively small amount of new information to be impounded in closing prices that hasn’t been incorporated in the continuous trading session.
Before March 2020, the difference between the price during continuous trading and the match was about 15 basis points. This is now consistently at 100 to 250 basis points.

The market had been waiting for trading to normalise with lower levels of volatility and increased volumes during the day. But volumes are down about 40 per cent on a year ago and volatility remains elevated.
The higher than normal levels of volatility are creating all sorts of problems for retail investors and fund managers. People are reluctant to trade during the day because of the expectation the stock will come to them in the match.
But this is making them more expensive and more difficult, and this, in turn, discourages trading in the first place, which all feeds on itself.
These anomalies are arguably being exacerbated by the activities of exchange-traded funds, which need to rebalance their holdings at the end of the day to avoid being out of step with the close.

Reactions: 4 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

pressure

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Investment for the future is a big learning curve, sometimes small retail investors only look at short-term goal and buy and sells with daily emotions.

The like of Vanguard looks at long-term strategies. Us small retail investors need to think like Vanguard and have long-term strategies to be successful in the sea with the sharks.

Always have a plan, learnt enough to know about your investment. So I thanks 1000 eyes for yours generous time to educate me, when I am still learning.

Learning
It's great to be a shareholder 🏖

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Here is a true story from my not so legendary past.

One of my client party tricks was being able to recognise their voices on the phone with virtually 100% accuracy.

So armed with this super power to my surprise in late 2010 I turned on the radio in my car after my son had been driving and it was not on the ABC my usual station but I recognised the voice and it was one of my clients.

Intrigued I kept listening and it was an investment talk back show and the client had rung to obtain advice about whether his Macquarie Bank shares would recover. He had bought in the mid $30’s and the price had dropped to the low $20’s.

After much discussion he decided to sell to preserve his capital.

I never spoke to the client about whether he did sell but of course as time has told selling would have been the wrong decision as Macquarie is currently trading at $157.00 and has been well above $200.00.

The particular client had a personality that did not suit the markets and in one sense was probably best served by selling and moving on.

However it is true to say that patience can be it’s own reward.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users
Top Bottom