BRN Discussion Ongoing

Rskiff

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
EXACTLY.

And just as a reminder this is what the January, 2022 announcement actually said:

"Information Systems Labs Joins BrainChip Early Access Program

Laguna Hills, Calif. – January 9, 2022 BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN, OTCQX: BRCHF, ADR: BCHPY), a leading provider of ultra-low power, high performance artificial intelligence technology and the world’s first commercial producer of neuromorphic AI chips and IP, today announced that Information Systems Laboratories, Inc. (ISL) is developing an AI-based radar research solution for the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) based on its Akida™ neural networking processor.

ISL is an employee-owned technology development corporation that performs expert research and complex analysis, software and systems engineering, advanced hardware design and development, and high-quality specialty fabrication for a variety of customers worldwide.

ISL specializes in the areas of advanced signal processing, space exploration, undersea technologies, surveillance and tracking, cyber security, advanced radar systems, and energy independence. As a member of BrainChip’s Early Access Program, ISL will be able to evaluate boards with the Akida device, software and hardware support and dedicated engineering resources.

“As part of BrainChip’s EAP, we’ve had the opportunity to evaluate first hand the capabilities that Akida provides to the AI ecosystem,” said Jamie Bergin, Senior VP, Manager of Research, Development and Engineering Solutions Division at ISL.

BrainChip brings AI to the edge in a way that existing technologies are not capable. The Akida processor is ultra-low power with high performance, supporting the growth of edge AI technology by using a neuromorphic architecture, a type of artificial intelligence that is inspired by the biology of the human brain. Devices currently available to BrainChip’s EAP customers provide partners with capabilities to realize significant gains in power consumption, design flexibility and true learning at the Edge.

“ISL has decided to use Akida and Edge-based learning as a tool to incorporate into their portfolio of research engineering and engineering solutions in large part due to our innovative capabilities and production-ready status that provides go-to-market advantages,” said Sean Hehir, BrainChip CEO. “We are pleased to be included as the AI- and Edge-based learning component of ISL’s research sponsored by AFRL. We feel that the combination of technologies will help expedite its deployment into the field.”"

Notice the use of orange. 😇

That to one side:

Jamie Bergin is stating they have already evaluated AKIDA.

Sean Hehir said ISL have decided to use it.

English can be a tricky language but when used properly it can convey a clear and unambiguous statement of fact as it has above.

ISL uses the one, the only, the first in market, best in all the world AKIDA technology for its Ai SNN needs. Simple as that fullstop.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

978DAC4C-6EFA-4D1D-9D69-EC6A41F2CBC4.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

TopCat

Regular
Proud father moment watching my daughter just buy her first lot of BRN shares. Here’s to her future 🍾🙂

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 63 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Before I bought my first parcel of brainchip shares I remember listening to legendary fund manager Peter Lynch talk about what could happen when you invest in technical computer chips lol it almost put me off buying 😅

Anyway with regards to waiting for the 4C and new deals we as shareholders have the world's easiest job just ignore the noise and HODL.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Proud father moment watching my daughter just buy her first lot of BRN shares. Here’s to her future 🍾🙂
Proud father moment ................Priceless .. ❤️

• Love

TechGirl

Founding Member
  • Love

TechGirl

Founding Member
Hi Dhm
I will answer for him.

We know that ISL was partnered with Brainchip and the Airforce Research Institute to design and build this simulation device. We know because I posted a presentation from ISL that the project was successful . So the answer is a clear and unequivocal yes.

On a personal note whenever ISL uses the term neuromorphic I am in no doubt that it must be AKIDA technology being referred to by ISL. Anything else is completely illogical.

In the present environment I doubt that answers to your question will be forthcoming.

The our world is under cyber attack from the cloud and under the sea cables are being cut or blown up. Security will be at an absolute premium for those companies working with DARPA & NASA.

We have two criminal states in Russia and China fighting for internal survival and there is a very real cold war happening as I type this response.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Totally agree

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

jk6199

Regular
Last couple of days a bit painful, but then I looked at closing price on Monday this week.

Closed at, yes, 87 cents. With all the doom and gloom, maintained the rage awaiting the 4C.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
ISL talk about a patent for an AI acceptance methodology that allows for DoD testing of AI solutions using essentially the same statistically based methodology in use today.

https://www.islinc.com/national-security/artificial-intelligence

Artificial Intelligence, Neuromorphic Computing and DoD Acceptance Testing​

ISL is focused on replicating the analog nature of biological computation and the role of neurons in cognition. ISL’s team of scientists/engineers continue to understand how the morphology of individual neurons, circuits, applications, and overall architectures creates desirable computations. Leveraging this understanding and the newly developed and emerging commercial neuromorphic chips, ISL is developing a new low-power, lightweight detect and avoid (DAA) system for very small UAS platforms that exploits automotive radar hardware, light-weight EO/IR sensors, advanced data fusion algorithms, and neuromorphic computing.

Additionally, ISL has pioneered an AI acceptance methodology that allows for DoD testing of AI solutions using essentially the same statistically based methodology in use today. ISL was awarded a US Patent for this February (see link). The methodology leverages ISL’s RF Digital Engineering tools (https://www.islinc.com/digital-engineering )

US11256988B1 Process and method for real-time sensor neuromorphic processing

Priority date: 20210719

View attachment 19555

A novel system and method are described that allows for implementation of compact and efficient deep learning AI solutions to advanced sensor signal processing functions. The process includes the following stages: (1) A method for generating requisite annotated training data in sufficient quantity to ensure convergence of a deep learning neural network (DNN); (2) A method for implementing the resulting DNN onto a Spiking Neural Network (SNN) architecture amenable to efficient neuromorphic integrated circuit (IC) architectures; (3) A method for implementing the solution onto a neuromorphic IC; and (4) A statistical method for ensuring reliable performance.

[003] ... Neural networks work with functionalities similar to the human brain. The invention includes both a training cycle and a live (online) operation. The training cycle includes five elements and comprises the build portion of the deep learning process. The training cycle requirements ensure adequate convergence and performance. The live (online) operation includes the live operation of a Spiking Neural Network (SNN) designed by the five steps of the training cycle. The invention is part of a new generation of neuromorphic computing architectures, including Integrated Circuits (IC). This new generation of neuromorphic computing architectures includes IC, deep learning and machine learning.

[008] ... A high-fidelity (hi-fi) sensor model can be used to generate the requisite training data and/or training environment. The sensor model (in this case RFView®) (https://RFView.ISLinc.com is used to generate training data in sufficient quantity to ensure convergence of the DNN neuron weights. Thereafter, a suitable DNN interface is established wherein the raw sensor training cycle data is preprocessed into a format suitable for presentation to a DNN. In this step of the method, the DNN is converted to an SNN. Discussion regarding the conversion from DNN to SNN is found in the paper by M. Davies et al., “Advancing neuromorphic Computing with Loihi: A survey of results and outlook,” Proceedings of the IEEE , vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 911-934, 2021. The SSN is then implemented on a suitable neuromorphic architecture or IC to achieve requisite performance.
[sotto voce: "I'm not at all sure Ella would be in raptures about the specification"]
#########################################################################################

It seems likely that this patent was conceived before ISL and BrainChip got together because of the long lead time to develop the system, and because of the complex process of developing the weight data in DNN and converting to SNN:

Information Systems Labs Joins BrainChip Early Access Program​

Laguna Hills, Calif. – January 9, 2022

The system requires the development of the training data in DNN format "in sufficient quantity to ensure convergence of the DNN neuron weights", and the conversion of the training data to SNN. This would be unnecessary in a system designed from the ground up for Akida.

ISL submitted their idea in July 2022, so there would have been time to incorporate Akida into their proposal.

Thanks Dio, I particularly liked your last sentence :)

"ISL submitted their idea in July 2022, so there would have been time to incorporate Akida into their proposal"

On a lighter note, I've had more than a few rumbos cause you know it's Friday & it also happens to be my Birthday week so come Monday morning I think my presents should be a cracker of a 4c & an announcement that Akida 2 has come out even better than expected....

WoooHooo 🥳🥳🥳

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

"ISL submitted their idea in July 2022, so there would have been time to incorporate Akida into their proposal"

On a lighter note, I've had more than a few rumbos cause you know it's Friday & it also happens to be my Birthday week so come Monday morning I think my presents should be a cracker of a 4c & an announcement that Akida 2 has come out even better than expected....

WoooHooo 🥳🥳🥳

Have a FANTASTIC Birthday TG ..... 🍾🍾🍾

• Love
  • Fire

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

WoooHooo 🥳🥳🥳

Happy birthday for next week TechGirl 🎂🎂🎂,
It's also, Mrs Learning, Learning's son and sister. So that would be a great present 🎁 for them and you 🎁.

It's great to be a shareholder 🏖🍺🍾🍷

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

WoooHooo 🥳🥳🥳

Happy birthday for this last week or next week which ever is the one containing your birthday.🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA to the max.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Slade

Top 20
I am a very patient person. It’s just a little painful is all.
Music Video Reaction GIF by Wrabel

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers,

Just came upon this at the crapper,

Time stamp: 16:16
Posted by hOOts,
In the pls thread .

Gathering of fund managers, aka WANCAS , once a year , come together to pat each other on the back and raise funds for charity.

Thay give their thoughts on the year ahead.

Apparently ,

BRN is ranked 7th , with a ( short ) ranking.????

WANCAS.

Don't shoot the messinger.
Just thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention.

Esq.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Afternoon Chippers,

Posted by hOOts,
In the pls thread .

Gathering of fund managers, aka WANCAS , once a year , come together to pat each other on the back and raise funds for charity.

Apparently ,

WANCAS.

Esq.

Wilzy gonna go full Kyrgios mode when he sees this

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
Afternoon Chippers,

Posted by hOOts,
In the pls thread .

Apparently ,

WANCAS.

Esq.
Perhaps I am tired but I do not understand what this "BRN is ranked 7th" means.

Gathering of fund managers - do you know which funds they are managing?

I don't know whether to shoot or not because I genuinely do not understand this post.
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Hi Fact Finder,

Sorry , I don't know how to cut and past , still.

Google,

Calcutta 2023, Australia's brightest ( that's debatable) pick 17 stocks for the year ahead.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love

TasTroy77

Founding Member

I don't know whether to shoot or not because I genuinely do not understand this post.
Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
According to data on "Shortman " BrainChip is ranked 21st most shorted company on the ASX not 7th

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Zedjack33

Regular

Regards
FF

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom