BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Wasn't it basically clear to us that we were in this Mercedes model
are NOT involved? Somehow I was infected by your euphoria of the sleepless night. But that doesn't mean that we won't be included in the future. Our management at BRN was aware of that and they will have an ace up their sleeve again.
I think we will see it in the numbers, as has already been mentioned here several times

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Everyone needs to relax. On everything that has been said and released it is clear that 2024 is the first possible model/s carrying Brainchip AKIDA technology. The 2024 model/s will start being released late 2023.

What is happening here is wishful thinking being turned into facts.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: As for whether Brainchip is still involved does anyone here recall the LinkedIn vote for neuromorphic computing you have all been voting like crazy on. If Brainchip had been dropped do you think this vote would be taking place???

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users
Wasn't it basically clear to us that we were in this Mercedes model
are NOT involved? Somehow I was infected by your euphoria of the sleepless night. But that doesn't mean that we won't be included in the future. Our management at BRN was aware of that and they will have an ace up their sleeve again.
I think we will see it in the numbers, as has already been mentioned here several times

Yes, sorry. With the way Mercedes promoted Brainchip’s involvement earlier in the year I half expected them to be announcing another technological advancement which involved Brainchip!

The purpose of the release I thought was to talk up the car’s features which I was hopeful included us; hence my excitement!

Endorsement from a prestigious company like MB is priceless at this stage of our development!
:)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Thanks @TasTroy77

Very exciting. How am I supposed to sleep tonight now!

This has potential to be excellent publicity for Brainchip!

I hope this ends up being excellent publicity for Brainchip, but I saw no reference to Brainchip nor even any reference to intelligent edge sensors or self-driving/driver-assist capabilities. I would have loved to have heard Brainchip mentioned at least once.

A very impressive video, but IMHO concentrating on the wrong things—spent an inordinately long time on the massage seats, HEPA filter and sounds generator (which almost all cars have these days and doesn‘t need Akida for) when I would have preferred ANYTHING about its driver assist technology and hence a hint at intelligent sensors at the edge.

Impressive power, torque, range, and acceleration, but what about its technology?

If this does contain Akida, that will certainly shut up all those “but it’s only a concept car” nay sayers. I just wish they had explicitly stated it, as they dod with the EQXX. Or did I miss it?

Reactions: 4 users
Yes, sorry. With the way Mercedes promoted Brainchip’s involvement earlier in the year I half expected them to be announcing another technological advancement which involved Brainchip!

The purpose of the release I thought was to talk up the car’s features which I was hopeful included us; hence my excitement!

Endorsement from a prestigious company like MB is priceless at this stage of our development!
My personal theory and that is all it is is that the first model released with Brainchip involved will be a high range electric vehicle show casing Mercedes Benz technology leap ahead of the competition.

The target range will be 800 kilometres plus.

It will be the car that thinks like you.

It will be the car that learns and adapts to you.

It will be the car taking full advantage of the JAST learning rules owned by…?…that does one shot, few shot, incremental learning securely on chip without connection.

There is only one chip and one company in the WORLD that offers this technology.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
well I didn't have a sleepless night, today we had almost a summer day and I was at a flea market, so I'll go to bed now and tomorrow a new day will start, have a good day everyone and I'll wake up tomorrow and read all your messages again😘🥰😴

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

VictorG

My personal theory and that is all it is is that the first model released with Brainchip involved will be a high range electric vehicle show casing Mercedes Benz technology leap ahead of the competition.

The target range will be 800 kilometres plus.

It will be the car that thinks like you.

It will be the car that learns and adapts to you.

It will be the car taking full advantage of the JAST learning rules owned by…?…that does one shot, few shot, incremental learning securely on chip without connection.

There is only one chip and one company in the WORLD that offers this technology.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I totally agree FF. I can't imagine MB firing all their gun powder at once. They obviously are holding the best for their flagship model which will become option packs for the lower models.
Did I mention the seats are made of mushrooms, lots of mushrooms
🍄 🤔 😄 😳

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Anyone come across these guys as yet?

No really comp as yet given another start up looking for funding it appears but believe commercial chip early 2023.

Below was from May and only posting cause of the neuromorphic side & comments on BRN popped up in the search.

How Rigpa is building chips inspired by our brains​

About six years ago, it was very trendy to talk about how A.I. could soon match or surpass human intelligence. The old sci-fi trope made popular in films like The Terminator seemed close to reality and everyone was reading Nick Bostrom, as big names like Elon Musk talked up the almost limitless potential of A.I., and self-driving cars seemed just a few short years away from dominating our roads.

None of that has come to pass quite yet, but A.I. continues to make progress, finding its way into many aspects of our lives. Companies like Google, Microsoft, and Amazon harness it to make their own products smarter, and to empower third-party developers. It’s all useful stuff, but a time traveller from the wide-eyed days of 2016 might be a little disappointed.

That’s why it’s important to separate genuine advances from hype cycles. Away from the spotlight that shines on big tech company product launches, researchers and early-stage startups are working on technology that could form the next wave of A.I. and could bring us closer to artificial general intelligence (AGI), software that really does match human intelligence and adaptability.

Meet Rigpa​

Rigpa is an Edinburgh-based startup that has been quietly working on A.I. technology inspired by how the human brain works; a field known as neuromorphic computing. “The brain itself is so powerful but consumes very little power… 20 watts, like a lightbulb,” says Rigpa founder Mike Huang. “By mimicking the biology of the brain we believe we can create A.I. that has lower power consumption and faster inference speed.”

Rigpa’s work is based on Huang's PhD research into neuromorphic computing for radioisotope identification, and Huang believes that beyond improved efficiency, the approach could even help A.I. self-learn and generate its own innovative ideas.

“The A.I. will not be the equivalent to a human being, but you hope that the machine itself can let people be liberated from repetitive work, so they can spend more of their time working on creative things, or do what they really want to”.

This will be a familiar idea if you follow the rhetoric around A.I. The idea of automation liberating humans from work will sound like a utopia to many, but the A.I. of today is a long way away from achieving that. Huang believes a radically different approach, like brain emulation, is required to get us there.

Huang envisions that Rigpa’s work will find its way into the A.I. processors of the future. Today, much A.I.-processing for tasks like machine learning is done using high-powered GPUs from companies like Nvidia. These are components often originally designed to help gamers get the best possible graphics, which by chance turned out to be good for A.I., too.

“It’s a coincidence that GPUs are good for A.I. because they’re good at parallel computing, but they're not efficient,” says Huang. And efficiency of A.I. is about much more than saving money. A.I.’s carbon footprint problem is a growing concern. One study in 2020 found training A.I. models can generate a carbon footprint five times greater than the lifetime of the average American car. Even the more generous findings of a Google-backed study in 2021 found that training the much-lauded GPT-3 natural language A.I. model used 1,287 megawatts, producing 552 metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions.
https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch/f_auto,q_auto:good,fl_progressive:steep/https://bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com/public/images/2996e2e4-8c5f-4d82-854a-9b053ce40d19_800x800.jpeg
Huang comes to neuromorphic computing after a decade in chip design, including eight years at Broadcom. He began his PhD at the University of Edinburgh in 2019, conducting research funded by the US Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and radiation detector company Kromek Group.

Huang is joined at Rigpa by co-founders Dr. Taihai Chen and Edward Jones. Chen, who previously co-founded University of Southampton spinout AccelerComm, is focused on building out Rigpa’s commercial strategy. Jones, a University of Manchester PhD candidate, collaborated with Huang on the research that forms the basis of Rigpa’s technology.

A.I.’s progression towards the human brain​

Rigpa’s solution is far from the only show in town when it comes to more efficient A.I. hardware. Huang considers current state-of-the-art offerings like Google’s TPU to be part of a “second generation” of A.I. processor.

“With the second generation A.I. network, the artificial neural network is mature for the current market. We are working on the next generation, the third generation… which is more close to a biological neural network… it's low-power and fast inference but much less mature [as a technology],” says Huang.

One benefit of this fresh approach should be greater adaptability. While the TPU is great for working with datasets like images or text, new kinds of advanced sensors could require more human-like adaptability to make sense of their outputs, efficiently and at scale. What kinds of sensors? Huang gives the example of event cameras, which measure brightness on a pixel-by-pixel basis and could find use in fields like autonomous vehicles and robotics.

Rigpa has competition in the development of this third generation, most notably BrainChip, which was founded in 2006, IPO’ed in Australia in 2011, and recently launched what it describes as the first commercial neuromorphic A.I. chip. Big companies like IBM and Intel are also exploring the space. For example, Intel launched the Loihi 2 research chip last year. But Huang isn’t concerned about having much larger competition in an emerging space. He sees it as a new market ready for the capturing, just not quite yet….

Indeed, Huang speculates that perhaps BrainChip moved too quickly, too early. “There’s no real customer there yet.” he says. BrainChip’s financial results paint a picture that supports that view.

The route to market​

Rigpa is taking time to explore the market and develop tools that fit real needs in the fields of defence and security, internet of things, drone and Lidar. While he declines to go into details about who the startup is working with, Huang says Rigpa has been engaged in an industrial partnership with Kromek Group, which serves the US Department of Defense, to develop brain-influenced A.I. for specific market needs.

Over the space of a three-year partnership, Rigpa has developed several prototype chips, the latest of which he says demonstrates at least 28x lower power and 23x faster speeds than the customer’s existing solution.

An edge chip, it is designed to provide A.I. computing at the location of sensors themselves, rather than sending data to the cloud. A good, relatable example of A.I. on the edge is how Google’s Tensor chip in the Pixel 6 Pro smartphone transcribed my conversation with Huang on-device, in real-time as we talked. BrainChip announced an edge computing-focused partnership last month.

A.I. is a competitive market, with plenty of big names and big money involved. But while the likes of Google and Intel have researched neuromorphic computing for years, Huang is right that the market for this type of A.I. just isn’t quite there yet. This provides an opportunity for the likes of Rigpa to develop new technology that either ends up being sought after by tech giants, or serves specific niche markets well. And of course, there’s always room for new giants to emerge as rivals to the likes of Google, Microsoft, with the right technology and the drive to market it well.

Rigpa is currently working on its commercial chip, which it plans to release in Q1 of 2023. Having been funded to date by the commercial backing for Huang’s PhD project, the startup is currently preparing its first equity round.
This has to be a joke.

He knew he wanted to be a chip designer at University in 2009 after a science experiment - Anil Mankar has designed over 100 chips before tackling AKIDA.

He thinks Brainchip went too early - yes and so did IBM, Intel, Brainscale etc it is much better as he suggests to come late to market after all the ecosystems have been established with entrenched relationships.

I know this is not a joke but you would be a fool to invest in this startup based upon just these two points.

Remember what the CEO Sean Hehir stated about competitors and false claims.

Remember the three year obvious lead extending to five years with the imminent release of next generation AKIDA 2.0.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got
This has to be a joke.

He knew he wanted to be a chip designer at University in 2009 after a science experiment - Anil Mankar has designed over 100 chips before tackling AKIDA.

He thinks Brainchip went too early - yes and so did IBM, Intel, Brainscale etc it is much better as he suggests to come late to market after all the ecosystems have been established with entrenched relationships.

I know this is not a joke but you would be a fool to invest in this startup based upon just these two points.

Remember what the CEO Sean Hehir stated about competitors and false claims.

Remember the three year obvious lead extending to five years with the imminent release of next generation AKIDA 2.0.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Rigpa should go into the whine business because it sounds like a lot of sour grapes to me 😅

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
When I am announced as the sole winner of the $100 million Powerball this Thursday night, I promise on open I'll drop $5 mill on Brn shares on Friday to burn the shorters. 🔥🔥

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users
Hi All

Not Brainchip related but goes to what your sentiment should be in a general sense if you are fortunate enough to be living in the Economic Miracle.

The link takes you to the GDP of countries for 2021 and the per capita figures are very telling.

Remember these figures are from last year before Pingo collapsed his economy with lockdowns and a trade war with the US and Puto destroyed Russia by invading Ukraine.

These numbers tell an interesting story on a day when market manipulators are telling you to fling yourself out the window in despair.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Adam

Regular
When I am announced as the sole winner of the $100 million Powerball this Thursday night, I promise on open I'll drop $5 mill on Brn shares on Friday to burn the shorters. 🔥🔥
Sorry, buddy. I'm winning it, and going to drop 10Mill into BRN... Happy Monday, from the Gold Coast 🤣🙃

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Sorry, buddy. I'm winning it, and going to drop 10Mill into BRN... Happy Monday, from the Gold Coast 🤣🙃
I hope you win then unless someone wants to raise the BRN buy. 😂🤣😂🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
1665959116139.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
I hope you win then unless someone wants to raise the BRN buy. 😂🤣😂🤡
Huzzah Sir. I say $50 million!!!

But then I'll never buy another..................probably. 🤣

Akidaholic's Anonymous

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Huzzah Sir. I say $50 million!!!

But then I'll never buy another..................probably. 🤣

Akidaholic's Anonymous
Well speak to me first and I will approach BRN for you and see if we cannot do a deal to top up their capital reserves and get you some free options and a discount on the current price. 😇😎🤡

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Well speak to me first and I will approach BRN for you and see if we cannot do a deal to top up their capital reserves and get you some free options and a discount on the current price. 😇😎🤡
You would instantly though become a sophisticated investor and realise what a poor investment Brainchip is and immediately try to improve your return by lending your 65 million shares to shorters.

I hate you already. 😂🤣😂🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
FF Capital

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom