BRN Discussion Ongoing

Build-it

Regular
Ok im being very productive at work and I've noticed that Magikeye appear to have spruced up their webpage with the addition of a drone which i didn't notice before.
The drone appears to be a Falcon Drone by Easy Aerial. I find that interesting as they seem to have artificial intelligence so the Raptor and the Falcon Drone by Easy Aerial has got my interest, so i will slot them in my list of drones to watch along with the DJI Phantom 4.
Pic below is from Magikeye website
View attachment 18934

Hi MD,
Is https://www.elsight.com/ in the list, they appear to be reliant on the cloud however their Web page has been sitting in my phone tab for a while and im not sure weather to delete to save some battery life 😜

AI UAV DRONE APPLICATIONS REACH NEW HEIGHTS

By Ben Gross | July 12, 2022

The use of commercial drones and the value of their markets are both continually on the rise, with a number of different sources forecasting the global drone industry to surpass $50 billion this decade. In order to continue the increase of these levels of innovation and scale, operating models need to move beyond the standard paradigm of a single drone operated by a single pilot within VLOS (visual line of sight).

One way to drive this innovation is the use of artificial intelligence (AI). Once considered the domain of science fiction, AI has benefited from recent improvements in processing technology and miniaturization and is now ideal for providing drones with enhanced autonomy as well as advanced intelligent data analysis.

The application of AI can allow drones to achieve results quicker and more accurately than pilots and operators are able to and pave the way for taking humans out of the loop altogether. Besides the increase in efficiency and cost-effectiveness that this will bring, AI could also enhance the safety of unmanned aviation by removing human error and operator fatigue from the equation.

Ben said what! $ 50 billion.

Edge Compute.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

MDhere

Regular
Hi TasTroy77
I do not like being a wet blanket however I think it is a stretch on this evidence to say that the doorbell is already for sale. Why?

Well we know that MegaChips offers to its clients a complete design consultancy service so a company that is engaged already in the manufacture of a type of product that it wants to makeover will come to MegaChips for this purpose.

The authority with which Douglas speaks on this doorbell is telling me that he knows for a fact that it works as he describes.

Therefore given what MegaChips role in the market place is I believe it is most likely that MegaChips has produced a proof of concept doorbell using AKIDA technology with the qualities Douglas describes on commission from a customer.

I have spoken about proof of concept agreements previously and in their normal form they will require the customer on proof of concept being achieved to proceed and enter a formal contract.

In consequence again from the language used by Douglas I would expect that MegaChips have in fact proven the concept and that a contract will flow.

The only unknown is when such a doorbell will go into commercial production. It may have already commenced but this would be entirely speculation. We do know that additional IP licence fees have been received from MegaChips - (see Half Yearly Report, 2022.)

The idea of this doorbell is as others here will know something that the former CEO Mr. Dinardo first spoke about publicly back in 2020 and it has been spoken of by Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar at various times since. So I am very comfortable with the notion that it is not a question of "if" but simply "when" a commercial production has or will take place.

Now just to prove I can wildly speculate with the best of them I will throw this wild speculation out there to be considered and possibly investigated.

1. Hey Mercedes;

2. Samsung Smarthome partnership with Mercedes Benz;

3. Patent to allow secure communication between devices using AKIDA technology;

4. Mercedes Benz early comments about neuromorphic computing extending into products beyond motor vehicles;

5. A known relationship between Samsung and Brainchip such as lending DVS cameras for demonstrations and public statements of gratitude to Samsung by Anil Mankar.

Put them together and do we get Samsung or Mercedes Benz doorbells. No idea but the gaps are there to be filled in.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Is this what you mean?
Nomoregaps.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

TopCat

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Hi TasTroy77
I do not like being a wet blanket however I think it is a stretch on this evidence to say that the doorbell is already for sale. Why?

Well we know that MegaChips offers to its clients a complete design consultancy service so a company that is engaged already in the manufacture of a type of product that it wants to makeover will come to MegaChips for this purpose.

The authority with which Douglas speaks on this doorbell is telling me that he knows for a fact that it works as he describes.

Therefore given what MegaChips role in the market place is I believe it is most likely that MegaChips has produced a proof of concept doorbell using AKIDA technology with the qualities Douglas describes on commission from a customer.

I have spoken about proof of concept agreements previously and in their normal form they will require the customer on proof of concept being achieved to proceed and enter a formal contract.

In consequence again from the language used by Douglas I would expect that MegaChips have in fact proven the concept and that a contract will flow.

The only unknown is when such a doorbell will go into commercial production. It may have already commenced but this would be entirely speculation. We do know that additional IP licence fees have been received from MegaChips - (see Half Yearly Report, 2022.)

The idea of this doorbell is as others here will know something that the former CEO Mr. Dinardo first spoke about publicly back in 2020 and it has been spoken of by Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar at various times since. So I am very comfortable with the notion that it is not a question of "if" but simply "when" a commercial production has or will take place.

Now just to prove I can wildly speculate with the best of them I will throw this wild speculation out there to be considered and possibly investigated.

1. Hey Mercedes;

2. Samsung Smarthome partnership with Mercedes Benz;

3. Patent to allow secure communication between devices using AKIDA technology;

4. Mercedes Benz early comments about neuromorphic computing extending into products beyond motor vehicles;

5. A known relationship between Samsung and Brainchip such as lending DVS cameras for demonstrations and public statements of gratitude to Samsung by Anil Mankar.

Put them together and do we get Samsung or Mercedes Benz doorbells. No idea but the gaps are there to be filled in.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Fair enough @Fact Finder maybe I was a little too forward in my thinking after a few glasses of pino but not doubt it looks good for the future.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Fair enough @Fact Finder maybe I was a little too forward in my thinking after a few glasses of pino but not doubt it looks good for the future.
Absolutely and the not too distant future at worst view in my opinion only so DYOR

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: I am sober and imaging driving in peak hour and Hey Mercedes says “Hi FF just letting you know Sarah has just arrived home but Jack is late as usual. He has soccer practice do you want me to text him a reminder.” Hey Mercedes yes text Jack and also text Sarah when I will be home.”
“Hi FF that is done. Jack said he is almost home and Sarah asked if they can have pizza?” “Hey Mercedes text yes to Sarah and let me know when Jack arrives.”

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Vanman1100

Regular

Has this been posted before?
Sorry if it has.

MDhere

Regular
I was reading the White Paper that Brainchip published on Designing Smarter and Safer Cars with Essential AI and I have highlighted something -

As inventor Carver Mead notes, neuromorphic compute architectures learn to understand their environment and are often “many orders of magnitude more effective” than conventional systems. With AKIDA silicon, automotive manufacturers are leveraging the principles of neuromorphic computing to design more intelligent and personalized vehicle interiors that efficiently adapt to drivers and passengers.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

FlipDollar

Never dog the boys
Congratulations I was pretty sure unless someone had AKIDA that they would never work out my last name from the ‘clues’ but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine someone could be so wide of the mark.😂🤣😂

You deserve a prize but you will probably have to make do with a beverage of choice at next years AGM.😎

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
My guess is that if there was an “n” in that guess then you could take most of the letters and spell your last name.

Just a guess though.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Build-it

Regular
Wouldn't wanna be the in the PR department @ Nvidia atm, talk about from bad to worse and the gamers are playing up aswell with comments like this

In typical gamer snark, Mukhtar tweeted Friday that the unlaunch was “totally not because they got fcking grilled by reviewers.”

Or

Nvidia’s new gaming GPUs, up to $1,599, prompt user outrage: ‘Capitalist greed knows no limits,’ gamer posts on Twitter

Screenshot_20221015-123249_Samsung Internet.jpg

Author, Jack Gold reports,

To its credit, Nvidia sees an opening in the ability to combine sensor data and analyze it, especially for the complex systems needed in autonomous vehicles. And it does have an advantage with its heavy emphasis on building AI capabilities and its work on ARM-based processors.

Screenshot_20221015-132757_Samsung Internet.jpg

Know, who has a partnership with ARM that can deliver Edge AI

developers need access to intelligence at the edge,” said Mohamed Awad, vice president of IoT and Embedded at Arm. “As part of the Arm AI Partner Program, BrainChip will further enable developers to meet the need for high-performance and ultra-low power edge AI inference.

Edge Compute.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
My guess is that if there was an “n” in that guess then you could take most of the letters and spell your last name.

Just a guess though.
If you were a really bad speller. 🤣😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Wouldn't wanna be the in the PR department @ Nvidia atm, talk about from bad to worse and the gamers are playing up aswell with comments like this

In typical gamer snark, Mukhtar tweeted Friday that the unlaunch was “totally not because they got fcking grilled by reviewers.”

Or

Nvidia’s new gaming GPUs, up to $1,599, prompt user outrage: ‘Capitalist greed knows no limits,’ gamer posts on Twitter

View attachment 18942

Author, Jack Gold reports,

To its credit, Nvidia sees an opening in the ability to combine sensor data and analyze it, especially for the complex systems needed in autonomous vehicles. And it does have an advantage with its heavy emphasis on building AI capabilities and its work on ARM-based processors.

View attachment 18955

Know, who has a partnership with ARM that can deliver Edge AI

developers need access to intelligence at the edge,” said Mohamed Awad, vice president of IoT and Embedded at Arm. “As part of the Arm AI Partner Program, BrainChip will further enable developers to meet the need for high-performance and ultra-low power edge AI inference.

Edge Compute.

“Mohamed Awad​

VP/GM, IoT & Embedded at Arm​

Arm​

San Francisco Bay Area
4,464 followers 500+ connections​

Join to follow

About​

As a Senior Technology Leader, I help companies penetrate new markets with innovative products, growing businesses from $0 to hundreds of millions, and into the billions. Globally, I’ve propelled the achievement of aggressive business goals at both startups as well as large-sized companies.

With extensive hardware, software and systems experience, I have the ability to look at technologies and/or products in intricate technical detail as well as in the greater context of the market — delivering end-to-end solutions which become the heart of an ecosystem.

I believe that effective leaders are tenacious and drive results with the ability to look at all angles for success. I understand what it takes to make sure a product is well-received, engaging markets and driving execution across business verticals. I also know when to pivot and thrive when making decisions while working within a framework of ambiguity.

In my many years at Broadcom, as well as previous experience at Ember, I led multiple large-scale initiatives and managed large domestic and global teams in Engineering, Business Development, Product Management, & Program Management, among others — working with Connectivity, Sensor Fusion, Touch Sensing, Wireless Charging, Security and NFC.

I have a passion for emerging technologies and drive rapid results across the expanding global marketplace for IoT, Consumer Electronics, Mobile, Semiconductors, and Payments. Combining these qualities with strong P&L and M&A experience, I have a unique combination of deep technological and financial expertise.

My foundation as a software engineer with Nortel and Lucent solidified a lifelong interest in software and system design. I’m very proud of my patents, and look forward to continuing to lead companies into new technological challenges that disrupt, engage, and inspire.

I’m on LinkedIn to strengthen business relations, make new connections, and discover new opportunities.”

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Came across the first article about Samsung and then the second in a post by @uiux

Does this mean anything for BrainChip? I assume Akida compatability due to its agnostic nature?

I have no idea about 2nm and 1.4nm chips

Samsung to Mass-Produce 2nm Chips in 2025, 1.4nm Chips in 2027​

Link to PC Mag article 04/10/2022

EU Signs €145bn Declaration to Develop Next Gen Processors and 2nm Technology

Link to EE Times article 09/12/2020 (sourced from 2021 post by @uiux)

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

TopCat

Regular

I really enjoyed listening to this podcast, especially talking about the amount of data required to be moved at the edge and the cooling capacity required to do it. Have a quick listen from the 7:50 minute mark to the crescendo at 9:10. Brings a smile to your face 🙂

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Diogenese

Top 20

“Mohamed Awad​

VP/GM, IoT & Embedded at Arm​

Arm​

San Francisco Bay Area​

4,464 followers 500+ connections​

Join to follow

About​

As a Senior Technology Leader, I help companies penetrate new markets with innovative products, growing businesses from $0 to hundreds of millions, and into the billions. Globally, I’ve propelled the achievement of aggressive business goals at both startups as well as large-sized companies.

With extensive hardware, software and systems experience, I have the ability to look at technologies and/or products in intricate technical detail as well as in the greater context of the market — delivering end-to-end solutions which become the heart of an ecosystem.

I believe that effective leaders are tenacious and drive results with the ability to look at all angles for success. I understand what it takes to make sure a product is well-received, engaging markets and driving execution across business verticals. I also know when to pivot and thrive when making decisions while working within a framework of ambiguity.

In my many years at Broadcom, as well as previous experience at Ember, I led multiple large-scale initiatives and managed large domestic and global teams in Engineering, Business Development, Product Management, & Program Management, among others — working with Connectivity, Sensor Fusion, Touch Sensing, Wireless Charging, Security and NFC.

I have a passion for emerging technologies and drive rapid results across the expanding global marketplace for IoT, Consumer Electronics, Mobile, Semiconductors, and Payments. Combining these qualities with strong P&L and M&A experience, I have a unique combination of deep technological and financial expertise.

My foundation as a software engineer with Nortel and Lucent solidified a lifelong interest in software and system design. I’m very proud of my patents, and look forward to continuing to lead companies into new technological challenges that disrupt, engage, and inspire.

I’m on LinkedIn to strengthen business relations, make new connections, and discover new opportunities.”
I see he worked at Ember. Is that the new name for NVIDIA?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Sounds an odd way of fixing a tech device?

dog hump playing GIF
Sometimes a good going over solves things. 😂
I usually root my phone's to gain root access to remove the bloatware. And sometimes I'll flash a custom rom to device. So much unnecessary shit on phones these days.

Reactions: 2 users
The following LinkedIn post is from a Prophesee employee. If you open the link provided you will
see what role he fulfils in North America:

Davide Migliore’s Post

Davide Migliore
2mo

The nice part of this demo is that it was trained with the IBM dataset (DVS128) and the inference is using our EVKv4 (Gen4.1/IMX636). Very impressed by the generalization capabilities of the BrainChip models.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

TopCat

Regular
The following LinkedIn post is from a Prophesee employee. If you open the link provided you will

Davide Migliore’s Post

Davide Migliore
2mo

The nice part of this demo is that it was trained with the IBM dataset (DVS128) and the inference is using our EVKv4 (Gen4.1/IMX636). Very impressed by the generalization capabilities of the BrainChip models.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I see two people from Western Sydney University have seen it also 🙂

• Love
  • Fire

Davide Migliore’s Post

Davide Migliore
2mo

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi @Diogenese & other tech literate shareholders

When I posted the above I highlighted the Prophesee sensor in red. I did this because I intended searching it as the lower case 'v' after EVK seemed incorrect however if you open the following link: https://github.com/prophesee-ai/prophesee_ros_wrapper you will find it listed last however when you open the link to Prophesee camera kits it does not yet appear. I am wondering if the use of the words "The nice part of this demo" are significant???

Also when I search for an EVKv4 (Gen4.1/IMX636) apart from the Davide Migliore LinkedIn reference and the Github listing I cannot find anything else where it is referenced on what has admittedly been a quick search.

Is this significant? I have no idea but what immediately springs to mind is that this is the very latest iteration and where it is proposed the first Prophesee vision sensor with AKIDA Ai on board will be positioned.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users
S

Straw

I have concluded my discussions and am able to confirm that my statement of the facts surrounding this agreement are correct.

I can also add that the former Chairperson in addition to waiving his entitlement to additional director fees after stepping in when Stephen Wilkes suddenly resigned as Chairperson also after the LDA Capital agreement was secured and the companies finances were stabilised declined a Board offer to reimburse him the waived fees.

Further that he approached the company to extend saying that he was concerned that in the present market conditions that his sale of at least 4 million of his 8 million entitlement to meet his taxation obligations would have an adverse impact on shareholder and market confidence.

By not exercising and selling as he was entitled to do he has been placed in a less favourable tax position by agreeing to receive the 8 million RSU in lieu.

I have absolutely no issue with the decision of the company on this occasion and support the view expressed by many others that this is further evidence of the high ethical standards by which the Board and KMP carry out their obligations to the company, it’s employees and shareholders.

In addition I have read every post here and at HC on this issue and there is one truth that is conveniently being ignored by the usual suspects.

The truth which they are ignoring is that these options had VESTED. The former Chairperson was legally entitled to convert and sell the 8 million resulting shares on market.

This action proposed to shareholders will not cost Brainchip or its shareholders one additional cent.

If it is not clear from the forgoing I will be voting for this motion and if necessary will speak in its favour at the meeting whenever that might occur.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I was only going to give you a heart but I'll give the company and Mr Hernandez one as well. From what I saw my impression of him was an extremely professional individual.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi @Diogenese & other tech literate shareholders

When I posted the above I highlighted the Prophesee sensor in red. I did this because I intended searching it as the lower case 'v' after EVK seemed incorrect however if you open the following link: https://github.com/prophesee-ai/prophesee_ros_wrapper you will find it listed last however when you open the link to Prophesee camera kits it does not yet appear. I am wondering if the use of the words "The nice part of this demo" are significant???

Also when I search for an EVKv4 (Gen4.1/IMX636) apart from the Davide Migliore LinkedIn reference and the Github listing I cannot find anything else where it is referenced on what has admittedly been a quick search.

Is this significant? I have no idea but what immediately springs to mind is that this is the very latest iteration and where it is proposed the first Prophesee vision sensor with AKIDA Ai on board will be positioned.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF,

EVK is the evaluation kit, v4 being the 4th version, I'm guessing the one with Akida

1665812842762.png

https://www.prophesee.ai/buy-event-based-products/

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
Top Bottom