BRN Discussion Ongoing

AWS partners with BMW on cloud-based vehicle data platform to power a new generation of connected cars

View attachment 18808

Hmmm is this OLD tech ? Cloud ?

Reactions: 1 users
Well I have just waded my way through the recently released US enhanced controls regarding the supply of technology to China. It is a mind numbing task and in the real world if I was being paid to come up with a reliable definitive answer I would have had two copies printed out and lots of coloured markers and post it notes and multiple pieces of US legislation to refer to however my free just on the computer screen unreliable view is that Brainchip's AKIDA is included and likely to be refused a licence to export its technology to China now.

The following extract is what I base this unreliable view upon but I have included the link so you can spend a month or two becoming expert in all the nuance that this legislation intends. Clearly when drafting such national security legislation it is drafted in such as way as to ensure it can be widely interpreted to make sure that the US does not miss something which they later regret:

a.4. Any combination of digital processor units and `primitive computational units' whose calculations according to 3A090.a.1, 3A090.a.2, and 3A090.a.3 sum to 4800 or more.

Note: Integrated circuits specified by 3A090.a include graphical processing units (GPUs), tensor processing units (TPUs), neural processors, in-memory processors, vision processors, text processors, co-processors/accelerators, adaptive processors, field-programmable logic devices (FPLDs), and application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs). Examples of integrated circuits are in the Note to 3A001.a.

Technical Notes:

1. A `primitive computational unit' is defined as containing zero or more modifiable weights, receiving one or more inputs, and producing one or more outputs. A computational unit is said to perform 2N-1 operations whenever an output is updated based on N inputs, where each modifiable weight contained in the processing element counts as an input. Each input, weight, and output might be an analog signal level or a scalar digital value represented using one or more bits. Such units include:

Artificial neurons

Multiply accumulate (MAC) units

Floating-point units (FPUs)

Analog multiplier units

Processing units using memristors, spintronics, or magnonics

Processing units using photonics or non-linear optics

Processing units using analog or multi-level nonvolatile weights

Processing units using multi-level memory or analog memory

Multi-value units

Spiking units

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: This is one of the other problems of becoming a member of the highly regulated BIG BANK index. The spotlight is always on you.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Also... PS: sorry I seemed a little grumpy earlier about crapper posts... I just don't see the point in the crapper or anything related to its parent company. A lot of us moved over here (from there) for a very good reason. I like what we have here and crapper comments just seem so irrelevant to me. Maybe that's just me. Some of you must still be stuck somewhere in the middle - oscillating between the two environments. I remain focussed on BRN and their success, but do not consider crapper controversies or politics baring any relevance to discussion here.
I thing that the bond that ties us all together here is a shared belief that the term "Hot Crapper" was not the work of @zeeb0t but the work of some universal divine all powerful being who is also offended by its very existence in time and space and this miracle was our reward for having broken free of its malevolent influence.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Our founder Peter Van der Made said "we are expecting an explosion of sales in the Second half of 2022" no mention of realized revenue.
Since then there has been many global political, economic and war related disruptions that may or may not had an effect on the commercial timeline of brainchip.
PVDM said "expecting " not " there will definitely " so sometimes things can change that are beyond a companies control and therefore should not be held 100% accountable for.

Yes Sean Hehir said "look to the financials " and that's what I've been doing.
So where is the explosion in sales......Please explain............

Townyj

Ermahgerd
I thing that the bond that ties us all together here is a shared belief that the term "Hot Crapper" was not the work of @zeeb0t but the work of some universal divine all powerful being who is also offended by its very existence in time and space and this miracle was our reward for having broken free of its malevolent influence.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Stare What GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Atleast we keep it clean around here... most of the time :D

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Dhm

Regular
None of us are privy to how sales are going. I'm not sure what you mean. Sean said to look at the financials. Or if lucky we may have another MB reveal. We just have to remain frosty and remind ourselves of our partnerships within the ecosystem of Edge computing.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
Since the EQS is coming out soon and the comment that @wilzy123 received on Twitter. I will throw some spaghetti links out.

@Bravo may of posted something similar in the past.. not 100% sure tbh.

New EQS Hyperscreen.jpg

EQS.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

I think we have to be realistic about the steps and timeframes involved in this new and highly competitive industry.

A sales process is a set of important steps that your sales team can follow to complete a sales cycle. By following a sales process, your sales reps can take prospects from the stage of being aware or unaware of their needs, to paying for your offerings to meet these needs.

1665734085509.png

The stage above is also dependent on the product development process below: made all the more difficult with a new emerging technology with limited staff skilled to work in the field.

1665734336013.png

Another new issue which which didn’t exist was of course the larger macro environment: Covid recovery and Putin!

On top of all of that is the development cycle of products, like phones for example has been quoted 4 years. Self driving cars have some critical safety factors attached which require stringent testing and validation.

“Sales” by way of binding agreements could be happening in an explosive fashion but the products and attached revenue might not be seen for some time!

The foundations Brainchip are building are looking very solid to me!

:)

• Love
Reactions: 46 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
On the last Megachips video Doug says
"
" if you buy a doorbell with a brainchip product in it"
Screenshot_20221014-202651_Chrome.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
But then the shorters would vote for one of the other choices.
10 of them 1000s of BRN supporters 😅

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
  • Love

TasTroy77

Founding Member

Sounds like the doorbell is already for sale.
I assume a product such as this wouldn't have the long lead development time like smart phones and vehicles.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users

robsmark

Regular

I assume a product such as this wouldn't have the long lead development time like smart phones and vehicles.

Ding Dong! Sounds like 💰
money GIF

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Wags

Regular
Hi all, Following the announcements, I feel the tension here and want to chime in. I cant piece the words as eloquently as others but hopefully my thoughts come across. And those who know of me, know Im half full, not half empty.
The impatient part of me is numbed that we have two important patent announcements and the effect on the SP is bugger all. Who would have thunk. I can also get my head around the big picture value of these patent protections, so double thumbs up to our founders and team. (y)(y)
My personal view in simple terms, the announcement regarding Manny, is a nothing to see here thing. Manny has dug deep when needed, and fitted in with the new structure also when needed, and the company is honouring the deal. I guess they could have shafted or bulldozed him with the expiration of the options??, who would have been proud of that? Just another example for me that the company is doing exactly what it says it will.
If Im honest, Im also frustrated with NDA's and that there is not more updates. In my mind, I temper this with the fact that management are on recored of many hints, explosions of sales, watch the financials, valued many times current value. The list could go on. (except its Friday and a few beers in). My honest observation of this organisation, besides the revolutionary technology, is of admiration of ethics and good value's. I hope they hang on to this as the company grows, maybe Im just naive. Ive been in for a good few years now, and pretty much, give or take, they have done or achieved what they have said. A bit like a script really.
There have been posts here about timelines and updates, and varying levels of expectation. I hold other stocks and see other updates ans reports, so I can totally understand some frustration or craving for information. Then, I remind myself, that we probably have all the information and updates we need, already, we just need to understand or accept the big picture timelines, and the state of the bloody planet at the mo.

Anyways, my beers is empty and I need a reload, so to wrap up.

I think we need another 2 qtrs to see the hockey stick on the revenue curve appear. Im patent for another year or so.

My dear old dad used to drum a saying into me. "don't worry about the grandstand, keep your eye on the scoreboard"

Our old mate Fact Finder also keeps drumming in to have a plan, research and plan.

So I am going to watch the financials, and attend the next AGM to hear the SeanH talk about the company's achievements.

Enjoy the weekend everybody, my heart and thoughts go out to our southern mates with the storms, stay safe.

beer time.........

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 89 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

If it incorporates Akida, then you can ring my bell anytime! But you'll need to wash the dishes first!😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
I really get annoyed how long i have to spend charging my phone.... i only use it to surf tse, bet, sms and occasionally take a photo... but it fukn drains so fast. How much wasted shit is my phone doing. ..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Getupthere

Regular
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I really get annoyed how long i have to spend charging my phone.... i only use it to surf tse, bet, sms and occasionally take a photo... but it fukn drains so fast. How much wasted shit is my phone doing. ..
Have you closed all the apps running in background?

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
If it incorporates Akida, then you can ring my bell anytime! But you'll need to wash the dishes first!😂

There's over an hour of tunes here for you Bravo, so you don't get bored 😛

These tunes, were too energising to be used in the elevator music collection..

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom