BRN Discussion Ongoing

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I was only going to give you a heart but I'll give the company and Mr Hernandez one as well. From what I saw my impression of him was an extremely professional individual.
Going on @Fact Finder 's post, my understanding is that there may not be a dispute between the company and Manny, rather it is a question of ultra vires , ie, the company does not have the power to award the options now because of elapsed time/expiry of the options. So, for the company to proceed would expose the directors to legal risk.

So the shareholders must re-approve the award of options to make it legit.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
HI @Diogenese
So just to be sure, you agree that my thought that this EVKv4(Gen4.1/IMX636) is the latest version appears to be correct?

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
What gives me pause is the post refers to Brainchip models. "Models" has a specific meaning in NNs - it is the library of images used to compare the input image. This is complicated by the reference to IBM dataset:

This [IBM] dataset was used to build the real-time, gesture recognition system described in the CVPR 2017 paper titled “A Low Power, Fully Event-Based Gesture Recognition System.” The data was recorded using a DVS128. The dataset contains 11 hand gestures from 29 subjects under 3 illumination conditions and is released under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.

https://research.ibm.com/interactive/dvsgesture/
The EVK4-HD is a Sony camera produced in collaboration with Prophesee using Sony's stacked 3D IC technology (pixels built on top of sensor electronics).
The EVKv4.1-HD is presumably the next generation.

The EVK4-HD is a real world camera, whereas the EVKv4-HD is an experimental lab tool.

https://docs.prophesee.ai/stable/hw/products.html

Interestingly. the EVKv4 has not yet emerged on the Prophesee website's Evaluation Kit page:
https://www.prophesee.ai/event-based-evaluation-kits/

Maybe they are still trying to get their heads around it?

1665814109676.png

https://docs.prophesee.ai/stable/hw/evk/gen41v3.html

EVK3 - Gen 3.1 VGA / Gen4.1 HD

Prophesee Evaluation Kit 3 (EVK3) enables fast, cost-efficient first hands-on evaluation of Prophesee’s Event-Based Vision. It is available in two versions, featuring our Gen3.1 VGA sensor or Gen4.1 HD sensor co-developed with Sony Semiconductor Solutions.

Evaluation Kit V3
This EVK is ideal for first hands-on evaluation and performance-constrained computing environment.

Key Features

• Comprehensive sensor control including digital pipeline (ESP)
  • Full sensor bandwidth
  • Easy to use USB-C connectivity
  • CS / S mount versions available
Supported Sensors

• Gen3.1 (VGA)
  • Gen4.1 (HD – Test Sample) co-developed with SONY Semiconductors Solution
USB 3 Interface

• Maximum bandwidth: 1.6 Gbps
Product References:

• Gen3.1 (VGA): PEK33MVCD
  • Gen4.1 (HD – Test Sample): PEK34HHDCD

https://docs.prophesee.ai/stable/hw/evk/imx636v4.html

EVK4 - HD

Prophesee Evaluation Kit 4 HD (EVK4) is an ultra-light and compact device that enables you to start your event-based vision exploration in field testing conditions. It integrates SONY IMX636ES (HD) stacked Event Based Vision sensor, released by Sony Semiconductor Solutions (“Sony”) and realized in collaboration between Sony and PROPHESEE

Evaluation Kit V4
Key Features

• HD Resolution (1280x720 pixels)
  • Synchronization interface
  • High-Quality Aluminum alloy casing - 30x30x36mm - 40g
  • IEC certifications (T° / Heat / Shocks / Electrostatic discharge)
  • Easy to use USB 3.0 type-C connectivity
  • C/CS mount

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Easytiger

Regular
Absolutely and the not too distant future at worst view in my opinion only so DYO. AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: I am sober and imaging driving in peak hour and Hey Mercedes says “Hi FF just letting you know Sarah has just arrived home but Jack is late as usual. He has soccer practice do you want me to text him a reminder.” Hey Mercedes yes text Jack and also text Sarah when I will be home.”
“Hi FF that is done. Jack said he is almost home and Sarah asked if they can have pizza?” “Hey Mercedes text yes to Sarah and let me know when Jack arrives

Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
The following LinkedIn post is from a Prophesee employee. If you open the link provided you will
see what role he fulfils in North America:

Davide Migliore’s Post

Davide Migliore
2mo

The nice part of this demo is that it was trained with the IBM dataset (DVS128) and the inference is using our EVKv4 (Gen4.1/IMX636). Very impressed by the generalization capabilities of the BrainChip models.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
"Very impressed by the generalization capabilities of the BrainChip models."

I'm guessing that this is referring to the ability of Akida to recognize the back end of an elephant, having been shown only the trunk-end. All other systems require many shots from many angles. So it seems he is talking about running Akida in conjunction with the EVK.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
"Very impressed by the generalization capabilities of the BrainChip models."

I'm guessing that this is referring to the ability of Akida to recognize the back end of an elephant, having been shown only the trunk-end. All other systems require many shots from many angles. So it seems he is talking about running Akida in conjunction with the EVK.
So really that all sounds very good.😎😵‍💫

Thanks FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
On the Prophesee website are several links to companies using their products.

This one is a company currently working with Mercedes Benz to provide safety camera’s for the 30-40m range.

You’d think we are going to be included in that system in the future after the Prophesee interview stating we are an improvement and natural partner!

So many companies and products working together in the car industry it’s a very tangled web.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
They might not be announcing contracts, but for mine there's so much in all these partnerships we have atm, we could be in for some surprising 4th quarter news I reckon too

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

FJ-215

Regular
Going on @Fact Finder 's post, my understanding is that there may not be a dispute between the company and Manny, rather it is a question of ultra vires , ie, the company does not have to award the options now because of elapsed time/expiry of the options. So, for the company to proceed would expose the directors to legal risk.

Not picking on you Dio;

but are we to gift shares to Manny (one of our top board brains) because he didn't understand how his options worked?

OK.....????

Wasn't he also the head of the remuneration committee????

Big Text.........

WTF !!!

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
On the Prophesee website are several links to companies using their products.

This one is a company currently working with Mercedes Benz to provide safety camera’s for the 30-40m range.

You’d think we are going to be included in that system in the future after the Prophesee interview stating we are an improvement and natural partner!

So many companies and products working together in the car industry it’s a very tangled web.

“Oh what a tangled web they weave when seeking to be first to market”
(with apologies to Sir Walter Scott.)😂🤣🤡

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
“Oh what a tangled web they weave when seeking to be first to market”
(with apologies to Sir Walter Scott.)😂🤣🤡

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I didn’t realise I was quoting Marmion; it was a bit before my time 😂

The best thing about a lot of these companies competing for “The edge” is that they are all using the same key ingredient of Akida.

The first, and best in class, commercial neuromorphic artificial intelligent IP or chip!

P.S. I suspect we have links here to: https://www.starship.xyz/

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Not picking on you Dio;

but are we to gift shares to Manny (one of our top board brains) because he didn't understand how his options worked?

OK.....????

Big Text.........

WTF !!!
Hi FJ,

There was an inadvertent omission in my post. "The company does not have to award the options" should have read "The company does not have the legal power to award the options".

IMO, the company does have a moral obligation to award the options.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
S

Straw

Going on @Fact Finder 's post, my understanding is that there may not be a dispute between the company and Manny, rather it is a question of ultra vires , ie, the company does not have the power to award the options now because of elapsed time/expiry of the options. So, for the company to proceed would expose the directors to legal risk.

Yes that's how I understand it as well.
I was just expressing my thanks to both for being thoughtful and ethical.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
vivint.jpg

vivint internet.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-15 203941.jpg

Design your doorbell
camera system now​

Drop us a line! Or skip the form
and call us now 877.437.9693

Hi chippers,
I've been looking for a possible door bell system that uses our IP. Came across this one, I have read this name before in TSE, cannot remember when or which post.

Anyways, if we ring the above number, we might get some information IF we ask the right questions on what else the door bell does. I tried to call the number, with a few questions in mind such as battery efficiency (they say it is actually wired, BUT, if we ask this question, they may or may not give us some answers we need), other smart features, does it recognize specific people such as family members etc.
But looks like I cannot make this call from Australia, so any of our US investors could give a try.

I also wanted to know how they can ''customise'' a door bell (see how they say ''design your doorbell camera system''?) How can we possibly design a door bell camera?

- Event based camera
- Does not stop recording even if WiFi goes down
- Stop theft Before it happens.

HOW?

Have a great evening!

• Fire
Reactions: 39 users
Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking

Jumpchooks

Regular
I have concluded my discussions and am able to confirm that my statement of the facts surrounding this agreement are correct.

I can also add that the former Chairperson in addition to waiving his entitlement to additional director fees after stepping in when Stephen Wilkes suddenly resigned as Chairperson also after the LDA Capital agreement was secured and the companies finances were stabilised declined a Board offer to reimburse him the waived fees.

Further that he approached the company to extend saying that he was concerned that in the present market conditions that his sale of at least 4 million of his 8 million entitlement to meet his taxation obligations would have an adverse impact on shareholder and market confidence.

By not exercising and selling as he was entitled to do he has been placed in a less favourable tax position by agreeing to receive the 8 million RSU in lieu.

I have absolutely no issue with the decision of the company on this occasion and support the view expressed by many others that this is further evidence of the high ethical standards by which the Board and KMP carry out their obligations to the company, it’s employees and shareholders.

In addition I have read every post here and at HC on this issue and there is one truth that is conveniently being ignored by the usual suspects.

The truth which they are ignoring is that these options had VESTED. The former Chairperson was legally entitled to convert and sell the 8 million resulting shares on market.

This action proposed to shareholders will not cost Brainchip or its shareholders one additional cent.

If it is not clear from the forgoing I will be voting for this motion and if necessary will speak in its favour at the meeting whenever that might occur.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thank you FF, I am so grateful to be able to listen to yours and the other members of 1000 eyes. Also TSE and supporter for creating a trusting Forum network.

• Love
  • Fire

Vanman1100

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Looks like Mercedes Benz do need China

View attachment 18991
View attachment 18992

I have a feeling they will beat the last record by 50km plus.

Some personal news. I got a vasectomy today. I’d make a joke about it, but I don’t have the balls.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25 users

Mugen74

Regular
Not picking on you Dio;

OK.....????

Big Text.........

WTF !!!
FJ they are not gifting shares.
The guy didnt forget about the options he knows exactly how they work.
In trying to look out for both the companys and shareholders best interests (after his proposal was deemed possible and verbally agreed to at least)remember they had vested and he was, prepared to exercise them as a last resort.
Do you think it fair he should now forfeit those options? Would you?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I have a feeling they will beat the last record by 50km plus.

Some personal news. I got a vasectomy today. I’d make a joke about it, but I don’t have the balls.
You sure that was a vasectomy?

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom