BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sorry Xray1, just a small point and I’m happy to be proven wrong.
BrainChip today have released a price sensitive Ann re the ownership and purchase of JAST ,horray Great move.
So my assumption from that price sensitive Ann is ... , that this purchase has only just been completed and has just occurred, therefore the ASX is now updated and fully informed.
Given this assumption, I think it’s fair and reasonable to assume any backdated connection to the previous 4C expenditures are not related.
Imo , the previous 4C expenditure of .77 mil Usd is unrelated to today’s Ann.
I’m more than happy to be proven incorrect in my thoughts.
Love your work and look forward to more to come.
Edit: just wondering Xray1 , would it be possible for the payment process to have begun before 4C and only just now completed. Perhaps TonyD can enlighten?
I’m open to any input
Hi @Kozikan

After reading your post I thought I would check with the company and you are correct:

1. All the licence fees in the half yearly report relate to IP required to produce the AKIDA next generation;

2. The reference to buying the IP relating to JAST in the half yearly was the agreement requiring certain things to be done and forwarded to Brainchip to give it all of the documents necessary to file the transfer of the Patents with the US Patents Office at which point the $EU250,000 became due and the deal was completed. The ASX announcement made yesterday coincided with the successful filing and the payment being made.

So lots going on behind the scenes.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Just for those who aren’t up to date with the significance of JAST and Brainchip purchasing 100% ownership of it.

The purchase of that JAST algorithm is HUGE for Brainchip. The company would have had to pay a fairly large royalty on every Akida device or IP sold if they hadn’t purchased that from them and if they ever stopped paying the license fee, they would be allowed to license it to someone else. So they not only secured the tech behind one of the companies biggest technical advantages but the company saved millions of dollars on future royalties by acquiring it and paying €250k.

So just think for a moment, if the company didn’t purchase it, it could have been licensed to anybody else and also every single akida IP sold we would of had to pay royalties and therefor we got less.
HUGE milestone for BRN ...Thanks Jesse for the great insight of what could of happened and now what will happen!! JAST another BIG piece inserted into our SECRET Jigsaw.... :cool:

Happy GREEN Friday Chippers ..... 🙏

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Just for those who aren’t up to date with the significance of JAST and Brainchip purchasing 100% ownership of it.

The purchase of that JAST algorithm is HUGE for Brainchip. The company would have had to pay a fairly large royalty on every Akida device or IP sold if they hadn’t purchased that from them and if they ever stopped paying the license fee, they would be allowed to license it to someone else. So they not only secured the tech behind one of the companies biggest technical advantages but the company saved millions of dollars on future royalties by acquiring it and paying €250k.

So just think for a moment, if the company didn’t purchase it, it could have been licensed to anybody else and also every single akida IP sold we would of had to pay royalties and therefor we got less.
Also the wording in the announcement basically said that the JAST license purchase will be a drop in the ocean considering expected future earnings.

The future is bright!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Done, have avoided Linked In forever, but joined for this.
I'd be interested in any of those topics, but, think it nice for MB to hear us purrrrrrr..........🤣

voting.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Gemmax

Regular
Chapman,

can you organise a flag dropped from the end of your crane jib?
🤣🤣
BRN Flag that is.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Taproot

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Taproot

Regular

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
What's Linked In anyway😁 Anyway joined, voted and left. Up to 47%.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users

Lex555

Regular

I always thought JAST was integral to Akida, now it makes me wonder how or why it was purchased so cheap? If I was the inventor I’d want a few more zero’s added

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

Great presentation. He's to the point and throws in a bit of fun to boot. We love you Rob.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Jefwilto

Regular
I always thought JAST was integral to Akida, now it makes me wonder how or why it was purchased so cheap? If I was the inventor I’d want a few more zero’s added
Lex this deal with the JAST team was done several years ago,and from memory it included shares in Brainchip,so they will still be getting rewarded in the future 😊

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Great presentation. He's to the point and throws in a bit of fun to boot. We love you Rob.
Agreed ... He is a great guy, easy to listen to and a huge asset to Brainchip ... 🙏 Thanks RT 👏

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Forbes article from 4th Oct 2022, mentions a range of companies, below is the section write up about Prophesee, no mention of us but its about the event camera & Neuromorphic so incredibly relevant cause we all know we complete Prophesee

Prophesee (“predicting and seeing where the action is”), based in France, uses its event-based cameras for AVs, Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), industrial automation, consumer applications and healthcare. Founded in 2014, the company recently closed its C round funding of $50M, with a total of $127M raised to date. Xiaomi, a leading manufacturer of mobile phones, is one of the investors. Prophesee’s goal is to emulate human vision in which the receptors in the retina react to dynamic information. The human brain focuses on processing changes in the scene (especially for driving). The basic idea is to use camera and pixel architectures that detect changes in light intensity above a threshold (an event) and provide only this data to the compute stack for further processing. The pixels work asynchronously (not framed like in regular CMOS cameras) and at much higher speeds since they do not have to integrate photons like in a conventional frame-based camera and wait for the entire frame to finish this before the readout of the data. The advantages are significant – lower data bandwidth, decision latency, storage, and power consumption. The company’s first commercial-grade VGA event-based vision sensor featured a high dynamic range (>120 dB), low power consumption (26 mW at the sensor level or 3 nW/event). An HD (High Definition) version (jointly developed with Sony), with industry-leading pixel size (< 5 μm) has also been launched.

Prophesee sensor

Figure 3: High definition format event-based imaging sensor with 5 um pixel pitch, jointly developed ... [+]

PROPHESEE
These sensors form the core of the Metavision® sensing platform, which uses AI to provide smart and efficient perception for autonomy applications and is under evaluation by multiple companies in the transportation space. Apart from forward-facing perception for AVs and ADAS, Prophesee is actively engaged with customers for in-cabin monitoring of the driver for L2 and L3 applications, see Figure 4:

16_Xperi Prophesee driver monitoring

Figure 4: XPERI In-cabin driver monitoring based on numan-inspired neuromorphic vision

PROPHESEE
Automotive opportunities are lucrative, but the design-in cycles are long. Over the past two years, Prophesee has seen significant interest and traction in the machine vision space for industrial applications. These include high-speed counting, surface inspection and vibration monitoring.

PROPHESEE - Industrial - High-Speed Counting

Figure 5: High counting using event based cameras

PROPHESEE
Prophesee recently announced collaborations with leading developers of machine vision systems to exploit opportunities in industrial automation, robotics, automotive and IoT (Internet of Things). Other immediate opportunities are image blur correction for mobile phones and AR/VR applications. These use lower format sensors than those used for the longer-term ADAS/AV opportunities, consume even lower power, and operate with significantly lower latency

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Maybe it's a bit like us and NASA or Mercedes Benz.
Sure, we all want the dollars, but we also want to see our idea's come alive and not just be interesting talking points and scribbles on paper in archives somewhere.
We also recognise the massive credibility boost we get by being accepted, integrated and used by what are already global players.
It also saves us $billions in marketing and advertising our brand and name.
Just part of the reason why I prefer rockets to doorbells. 🤣
The doorbells will come (along with the associated revenue), but FFS, let us have the rockets first!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Jimmy17

Regular
There are several named inventors on the JAST patent i would have thought that they knew a long time ago where their invention was heading; BRN convinced them that it could take it forward and the inventors woulda/shoulda loaded up on BRN shares. Id suggest they knew they would be rewarded that way.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Lex555

Regular
Lex this deal with the JAST team was done several years ago,and from memory it included shares in Brainchip,so they will still be getting rewarded in the future 😊
That would make more sense, who doesn’t love me some BRN shares

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

robsmark

Regular
Seriously?! Where the hell is today’s announcement?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

JK200SX

Regular
I told you all there was another announcement today, but the big one is still coming :)

1665702359316.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Jimmy17

Regular
New rights issue for former employee, resigned and his options subsequently lapsed. Personally I don't feel good about issuing 8 million options to a former employee. Won't get my vote.

Reactions: 18 users

robsmark

Regular
New rights issue for former employee, resigned and his options subsequently lapsed. Personally I don't feel good about issuing 8 million options to a former employee. Won't get my vote.
Agreed.

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom