BRN Discussion Ongoing

Diogenese

Top 20
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/tech...ogle-pixel-7-pro-e2-80-99s-camera/ar-AA12FVtc

Gizmodo Australia
Gizmodo Australia
FollowView Profile

We Zoom In on the Google Pixel 7 Pro’s Camera​

Asha Barbaschow - 1h ago

During Made By Google this morning, the search giant unveiled its new flagship Pixel phones, giving us the rundown of what you can get when you mix Google software with Google hardware. The camera system on the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro phones don't appear to be too different from their predecessors, but when you zoom in, you see the new Google Tensor G2 chip working its magic.

As is always the case with Google, one super cool feature has piqued our interest in particular around the Pixel camera, and with the 7 Pro, it’s Photo Unblur.

The Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro come packed with Google’s Tensor G2 chip, which powers all of the smarts behind the scenes. Such smarts include Face Unblur and now, Photo Unblur.

With the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro phones, Google introduced Face Unblur, which, as it says on the tin, brought the capability to unblur a person’s face in a photo after it was captured. Expanding on that tech this year, Google is using a new type of machine learning model to unblur more photos.

This has been added to Google Photos so you can unblur photos that have been taken in the past – they don’t even need to have been captured on a Google/Android device.

This runs on-device through a special optimisation on Google Tensor

Just sayin'.

Late edition: This is not Prophesee unblur. See Google unblur patent below.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users
And that is why Sony working with Qualcomm is so significant it means that the Prophesee Brainchip solution will not just be in Sony phones.

Pretty simple equation:

Brainchip + Prophesee + Sony + Qualcomm + Samsung = large share of market.

And while Apple iPhones have ruled the latest 14 has had an underwhelming market reception because it offers users and fans nothing new. So much press and analysis around this fact it is hard to know how anyone could have missed it.

My opinion only DYOR or read what others posted here today proving the above connections.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Phone sales in general have seen quite a decline in 2022. People are keeping their phones longer than they use to. But I won’t keep harping on about this topic.

I want our success in smartphones like everyone else here. Just ones of those days where I took my rose tinted glasses off for a minute.

Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/tech...ogle-pixel-7-pro-e2-80-99s-camera/ar-AA12FVtc

Gizmodo Australia
Gizmodo Australia
FollowView Profile

We Zoom In on the Google Pixel 7 Pro’s Camera​

Asha Barbaschow - 1h ago

During Made By Google this morning, the search giant unveiled its new flagship Pixel phones, giving us the rundown of what you can get when you mix Google software with Google hardware. The camera system on the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro phones don't appear to be too different from their predecessors, but when you zoom in, you see the new Google Tensor G2 chip working its magic.

As is always the case with Google, one super cool feature has piqued our interest in particular around the Pixel camera, and with the 7 Pro, it’s Photo Unblur.

The Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro come packed with Google’s Tensor G2 chip, which powers all of the smarts behind the scenes. Such smarts include Face Unblur and now, Photo Unblur.

With the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro phones, Google introduced Face Unblur, which, as it says on the tin, brought the capability to unblur a person’s face in a photo after it was captured. Expanding on that tech this year, Google is using a new type of machine learning model to unblur more photos.

This has been added to Google Photos so you can unblur photos that have been taken in the past – they don’t even need to have been captured on a Google/Android device.

This runs on-device through a special optimisation on Google Tensor

Just sayin'.
The google unblur is not the same as the Prophesee unblur patent I posted yesterday ( WO2021259994A1 IMAGE ENHANCEMENT METHOD, APPARATUS AND SYSTEM) because the patent requires simultaneous capture of the frame image and the DVS data.

Late edition:
This is the Google unblur patent:
WO2022104180A1 SYSTEMS, APPARATUS, AND METHODS FOR REMOVING BLUR IN AN IMAGE

1665111096922.png

Systems, apparatus, and methods are presented for deblurring images. One method includes receiving an image and estimating blur for the image. The method also includes applying a deblurring filter to the image and reducing halo from the image.

[0033] The image processing system 202 may receive an input image. The input image may be processed by the pre-filter module 202 to reduce or remove noise from the image. For example, the pre-filter module 204 can denoise the input image to generate a noise-reduced image. The pre-filter module 204 may include a non-local means filtering to reduce or remove noise from the input image. In other embodiments, the pre-filter module 204 may use a denoising neural network (e.g., a convolutional neural network, or other suitable neural network) to remove or reduce the noise from the input image. In such cases, the denoising neural network can be trained by inputting multiple noisy versions of images together with clean versions of the same images. Using the known inputs (noisy images) and the known outputs (clean images), the denoising neural network can tune its parameters (e.g., weights, biases, etc.) to be able to output clean images (the noise-reduced images) from noisy images that are input into the neural network. The resulting noise-reduced images can have no noise or may still have some noise, but the noise may be greatly reduced by the denoising neural network

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Newk R

Regular
And that is why Sony working with Qualcomm is so significant it means that the Prophesee Brainchip solution will not just be in Sony phones.

Pretty simple equation:

Brainchip + Prophesee + Sony + Qualcomm + Samsung = large share of market.

And while Apple iPhones have ruled the latest 14 has had an underwhelming market reception because it offers users and fans nothing new. So much press and analysis around this fact it is hard to know how anyone could have missed it.

My opinion only DYOR or read what others posted here today proving the above connections.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I can't understand how people here are not swinging from the chandeliers.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
4 posts (10 per UL) as 34 slide snips fwiw

“Powering the Connected Intelligent Edge and the Future of On-Device AI,” a Presentation from Qualcomm​

Jun. 13, 2022

1 Qualcomm Presso 2022 .png
2 Qualcomm Presso 2022 .png
3 Qualcomm Presso 2022 .png
4 Qualcomm Presso 2022 .png
5 Qualcomm Presso 2022 .png
6 Qualcomm Presso 2022 .png
7 Qualcomm Presso 2022 .png
8 Qualcomm Presso 2022 .png
9 Qualcomm Presso 2022 .png
10 Qualcomm Presso 2022 .png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Dhm

Regular
Following on from the terrible result for Tesla when the test car phoughed into a little girl mannequin a few weeks ago, the other car in the test had 'Luminar' written on the bonnet. I just want to check with our brains trust if we think there is any link between us and Luminar?

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 1.34.59 pm.png

The full test footage is here:

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Probably because they don't want their ceilings to cave in.🤭

200w.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Even as you speak, I'm sitting in a pile of ceiling plaster, dust, and chandelier glass.

@Bravo - I'll have to get out of bed earlier.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Newk R

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
As the Qualcomm CEO left Sony off this slide I thought I should bring @ForestofHope ‘s early post forward:

“Dec 4, 2021

‘Smartphone processor manufacturer Qualcomm has teamed up with leading smartphone CMOS sensor maker Sony Semiconductor to provide better integration between their two systems for future smartphone development. And this isn’t just an on-paper partnership, they’ve actually moved teams into the same building to work alongside each other for future smartphone development.

While there aren’t a lot of public details out there regarding the partnership yet, Sony is moving a team into Qualcomm’s San Diego headquarters. And in the announcement during the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1announcement Qualcomm mentioned three specific benefits relating to smartphone cameras that are expected to be gained from the partnership with Sony.’

https://www.diyphotography.net/qual...has,systems for future smartphone development.[RH1]

Always interesting what is left off presentations by companies or should I say the questions it raises create the interest.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users
As the Qualcomm CEO left Sony off this slide I thought I should bring @ForestofHope ‘s early post forward:

“Dec 4, 2021

‘Smartphone processor manufacturer Qualcomm has teamed up with leading smartphone CMOS sensor maker Sony Semiconductor to provide better integration between their two systems for future smartphone development. And this isn’t just an on-paper partnership, they’ve actually moved teams into the same building to work alongside each other for future smartphone development.

While there aren’t a lot of public details out there regarding the partnership yet, Sony is moving a team into Qualcomm’s San Diego headquarters. And in the announcement during the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1announcement Qualcomm mentioned three specific benefits relating to smartphone cameras that are expected to be gained from the partnership with Sony.’

https://www.diyphotography.net/qual...has,systems for future smartphone development.[RH1]

Always interesting what is left off presentations by companies or should I say the questions it raises create the interest.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The following is from the above article. Wearing non rose coloured glasses the three points make sense if Sony or Qualcomm have had a breakthrough such as the Prophesee Brainchip sensor suddenly dropping in their lap and they wanting to steal a leap over the competition:

“The first is to be able to speed up the development process of Snapdragon 8 devices. With the two leaders in their field working literally side-by-side, Qualcomm’s plan seems to be to improve its image signal processing technology – which would make sense, given how much of smartphone photography is computational these days.

Secondly, it will allow for less red tape between the two companies to access and test each other’s new technologies. This means easier and quicker prototype development with each other’s new technologies and to even develop joint prototypes together. Being under the same roof in the same lab means that such activities should be much more efficient than if they were separate, resulting in more innovation more often.

Finally, it will allow both companies to more rapidly test as well as leverage each other’s experience to more rapidly develop and improve the camera technology that’s become such a big selling point in smartphones today. It means faster iteration cycles, more optimised architecture and compatibility between components from the two companies and tighter integration for an overall smoother and more seamless working experience. It’ll also mean that new technology can come to the market more quickly”

My opinion only but being announced by Sony and Qualcomm in December, 2021 fits perfectly in the time line of Prophesee discovering the missing half of their revolutionary groundbreaking solution.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users
Just some prev info posts around Qualcomm and also one of our patents with a DVS (Prophesee?) component.

To do with Adaround Quantizer (Qualcomms)

Post in thread 'BRN Discussion 2022' https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-101826

@Diogenese response and interpretation

Post in thread 'BRN Discussion 2022' https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-102118

Qualcomm wearables with the ARM U55 NPU

Post in thread 'BRN Discussion 2022' https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-149997

Patent app earlier this year.

Post in thread 'BRN Discussion 2022' https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-140277

• Fire

Diogenese

Top 20
The following is from the above article. Wearing non rose coloured glasses the three points make sense if Sony or Qualcomm have had a breakthrough such as the Prophesee Brainchip sensor suddenly dropping in their lap and they wanting to steal a leap over the competition:

“The first is to be able to speed up the development process of Snapdragon 8 devices. With the two leaders in their field working literally side-by-side, Qualcomm’s plan seems to be to improve its image signal processing technology – which would make sense, given how much of smartphone photography is computational these days.

Secondly, it will allow for less red tape between the two companies to access and test each other’s new technologies. This means easier and quicker prototype development with each other’s new technologies and to even develop joint prototypes together. Being under the same roof in the same lab means that such activities should be much more efficient than if they were separate, resulting in more innovation more often.

Finally, it will allow both companies to more rapidly test as well as leverage each other’s experience to more rapidly develop and improve the camera technology that’s become such a big selling point in smartphones today. It means faster iteration cycles, more optimised architecture and compatibility between components from the two companies and tighter integration for an overall smoother and more seamless working experience. It’ll also mean that new technology can come to the market more quickly”

My opinion only but being announced by Sony and Qualcomm in December, 2021 fits perfectly in the time line of Prophesee discovering the missing half of their revolutionary groundbreaking solution.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Certainly does fit nicely, especially as we know via @chapman89 that Prophesee and Brainchip were mates by then.

• Fire
  • Haha
At 2.38pm a total of just over one sixth of one percent of shares on issue have traded today.

This even includes the CXXT movement of single collector edition Brainchip shares.

If it gets any tighter shorts will have to ask Brainchip to issue more shares to create volume. 😂🤣😂🤡’s

The significance of this Prophesee podcast might be finally seeping out into the world.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 41 users

Diogenese

Top 20
At 2.38pm a total of just over one sixth of one percent of shares on issue have traded today.

This even includes the CXXT movement of single collector edition Brainchip shares.

If it gets any tighter shorts will have to ask Brainchip to issue more shares to create volume. 😂🤣😂🤡’s

The significance of this Prophesee podcast might be finally seeping out into the world.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
If it gets any tighter, the shorts will be hotpants.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users

Newk R

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I hope you are right FF.

Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom