TasTroy77

Founding Member
Found by Sera

Screenshot_20221005-212930_Chrome.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
S

Straw

I've decided I very much dislike the use of the word 'sophisticated'. We need to reclaim it. It's meaning for me has kind of turned in on itself to become something of a nauseating compliment: (taken from Google)
1664964528013.png

Apparently financial bullies/fraudsters/manipulators (all the same thing - all seriously misrepresenting reality to their own benefit and to the detriment of others) are sophisticated. Today hackers were described as sophisticated. Weapons are described as sophisticated. Certainly accurate by the classical meaning.

Capable and complex maybe but for me sophisticated no.

The way I like to think of the word, it implies a degree of worldly integrity (like Alistair Cookie in Monsterpiece Theatre 🧐😄). Wisdom, empathy, compromise and good humour.
For the record people I would regard as sophisticated in my use of the term a great many employees of BRN and partners, the obvious tireless supporters of balance and shared knowledge on TSE (past and present, active or on assignment elsewhere.. all have my respect).

PF: And so ends the morality lesson (lessen) for the day 🤔🤪

None of us are perfect, least of all the Purple Ferret!

I like the concept behind the Tesla bot. It's sexily utilitarian like Akida.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Violin1

Regular
Just got to listen to the podcast. It is fabulous. I know we keep wanting more announcements and info but for those who want more info and haven't listened yet then "do yourself a favour". Luca is very open and excited and great to listen to. Rob keeps emphasising that this point or this point is really key for our listeners - you can't get any clearer without putting out an announcement lol.

May not be an extraordinary revenue spinner immediately but it is certainly a visible and supportive relationship that can only help raise the profile of Brainchip's IP. Boom boom ballista.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
Hi Rise

I see holders highlighting the "Akida" inclusion but my takeaway is underlined below.

The question for me is around the new generation MBUX. It hasn't been referred to as the new MB.OS which is what they've been calling it for the next iteration.

Semantics maybe I guess or is there a chance this falls under an updated version of MBUX which I think @Bravo had spotted coming out in some latest 2022 models?

The other point is around the "black tech" which would no doubt encompass MBs cutting edge design of the EQXX but suspect Akida falls into the same category....to be applied to the next gen EVs.

Now if MB themselves would kindly put out some wording to that effect pls :LOL:

View attachment 16967
Hi Fullmoonfever, sorry for the very late response. It's a bit tiresome hoping and guessing, It wont be too long before they reveal what they have under the wraps. I had to google the term "Black tech" as I don't recall ever hearing that term before.
Is Peter one of the whispered?
Love your work on here always digging and finding some nice research. As always very much appreciated.
And sorry for the short reply mate (life kicking me in the balls} too distracted to concentrate.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users
Had word search for "equity mates" nothing came up but saw this pop up on my YouTube, A few months old though.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
D

Deleted member 118

Not BRN related

783E5EA2-AF6C-4635-BCA1-7244282F2F81.png

Reactions: 7 users

TopCat

Regular
This could be something to start looking at. Renault is listed as a partner on Prophosee’s web page. A few years ago Renault formed an alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi to progress with this technology. 🤔🧐

2017 - Essais Vehicule Autonome - Groupe Renault

“Eyes Off/Hands Off” Technology​

“Eyes Off/Hands Off” technology is a form of autonomous driving with no driver supervision.
When drivers delegate driving activities, they no longer need to watch the road or have their hands on the steering Wheel - driving is now fully delegated to the vehicle.
This feature is intended for the most boring kinds of driving - driving in stop-and-go traffic, for instance - and only on approved highways.

“Eyes Off/Hands Off” Mode​

When autonomous driving mode is activated, a set of sensors monitor the road and provide 360° surveillance of the vehicle: lidars (long-range laser scanners), long-range frontal radar, medium-range corner radar, frontal digital cameras, four 180° digital cameras, an ultrasound belt and more.
The data collected by these sensors is analyzed by the many embedded software “brains” that tell the vehicle what to do.

“Eyes Off/Hands Off” Benefits​

With the autonomous “Eyes Off/Hands Off” mode, Renault’s goal is to change the experience of riding in cars, making it more pleasant, more interesting and safer. This will significantly reduce the risk of accidents! Trips will be less stressful and more productive.
Drivers can make better use of their time by using in-vehicle connectivity to answer emails or watch videos. They can do so safely, outside conditions permitting, as long as applicable laws and regulations are followed, once these are updated to authorize these new features.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

cassip

Regular
Hi Fullmoonfever, sorry for the very late response. It's a bit tiresome hoping and guessing, It wont be too long before they reveal what they have under the wraps. I had to google the term "Black tech" as I don't recall ever hearing that term before.
Is Peter one of the whispered?
Love your work on here always digging and finding some nice research. As always very much appreciated.
And sorry for the short reply mate (life kicking me in the balls} too distracted to concentrate.
Gute Besserung! - Good recovery

Reactions: 8 users
Xiaomi and Saudi Aramco are recent investors on Prophesse.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I won't be able to listen to the full podcast until tomorrow, just read that ARM has entered into a new partnership:

We’re proud to announce that Corellium has partnered with Arm to accelerate IoT development and testing!

Arm is licensing Corellium’s virtualization technology as part of its Arm Virtual Hardware (AVH) offering, providing developers with high-performance and accurate virtual IoT device models to accelerate development and testing.

The expanded AVH offering powered by Corellium enables developers to:

👉 Begin co-designing software without waiting for physical hardware to be complete

👉 Take advantage of cloud-based tools for testing automation and CI/CD

👉 Deliver new IoT devices faster and with more exhaustive security testing

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Rarosch

Reactions: 9 users
Here is a screenshot off Twitter highlighting Qualcomm’s funding of MIT research group to pursue on chip learning…..wake up Qualcomm your future is already here!!!!

Attachments

• D98F7E0D-567D-4093-AC61-7826BF8AA173.png
    D98F7E0D-567D-4093-AC61-7826BF8AA173.png
    811.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Bit quiet on here this morning, need a nice company announcement to get this place busy again
tumbleweed GIF

Tumbleweeds Plains GIF
tumbleweed GIF
No One Tumbleweed GIF

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users
Thanks for posting Jesse,

Holy Shit Balls that was a fantabolus podcast 💪💪💪

Amaze GIF

Now bear with me this is all from my dodgy memory.

"we are very excited about collaboration with BrainChip, we are natural partners, before Brainchip they were facing integration problems, which was impacting sensor performance, so now combining Prophesee & Brainchip we are finishing the half story we were missing from the beginning, it is now complete, so now we can tell a full story to our customers.....WOW"

Three examples of use cases that Prophesee are currently working on & some I think he said they have been working on for the last 3 years are;

1. Industrial application - High speed fast accurate barcode detection on fast moving boxes

2. Automotive application - Event based camera state of the art object detection for sensors in cars to detect pedestrians or other objects in poor lighting & then for example applying the brakes

3. Mobile Application - Computational imaging for smart phone, our event based sensor will combine with regular frame based sensor to take best images, we capture moving object & we can help correct blurry images that would be taken with just a regular frame based sensor

This is what Prophesee thinks of Akida

tom cruise whatever GIF

And this is what BrainChip thinks about Prophesee

tom cruise 90s movies GIF

And this is what I think of our Partnership

Show Me The Money GIF

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well deserved most popular post.

The longer I have to consider the statements made by Luca Verre the less and less likely it is that Prophesee will not work with each and every single one of its partners to either retrofit or upgrade its vision sensors by adding in AKIDA.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 60 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I've decided I very much dislike the use of the word 'sophisticated'. We need to reclaim it. It's meaning for me has kind of turned in on itself to become something of a nauseating compliment: (taken from Google)
View attachment 18099

Apparently financial bullies/fraudsters/manipulators (all the same thing - all seriously misrepresenting reality to their own benefit and to the detriment of others) are sophisticated. Today hackers were described as sophisticated. Weapons are described as sophisticated. Certainly accurate by the classical meaning.

Capable and complex maybe but for me sophisticated no.

The way I like to think of the word, it implies a degree of worldly integrity (like Alistair Cookie in Monsterpiece Theatre 🧐😄). Wisdom, empathy, compromise and good humour.
For the record people I would regard as sophisticated in my use of the term a great many employees of BRN and partners, the obvious tireless supporters of balance and shared knowledge on TSE (past and present, active or on assignment elsewhere.. all have my respect).

PF: And so ends the morality lesson (lessen) for the day 🤔🤪

None of us are perfect, least of all the Purple Ferret!

I like the concept behind the Tesla bot. It's sexily utilitarian like Akida.
I’m right there with you @Straw, especially when used in the term “sophisticated investor”. Maybe “enabled investor” or “entitled investor” or even “self-entitled investor” would be more apt.

I abhor the abusive use of the word inquiry when in reality an enquiry would suffice.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Well deserved most popular post.

The longer I have to consider the statements made by Luca Verre the less and less likely it is that Prophesee will not work with each and every single one of its partners to either retrofit or upgrade its vision sensors by adding in AKIDA.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Thanks FF,

That's right, I totally agree, so if we watch Prophesee closely we will easily be able to tell which products will include Akida & IMO they all will going forward, we make Prophesee complete, they were only realising half their potential before Akida came along (y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users
I’m right there with you @Straw, especially when used in the term “sophisticated investor”. Maybe “enabled investor” or “entitled investor” or even “self-entitled investor” would be more apt.

I abhor the abusive use of the word inquiry when in reality an enquiry would suffice.
When you examine the historical adoption of the term ‘sophisticated investor’ it was self adopted. It was not bestowed or earned.

It’s use is purely to create an artificial hierarchy much like the Caste System in India. Those at the top are at the top because well they are at the top. They possess no particular innate quality that justifies their position.

The retail investor like the ‘untouchables’ are at the bottom.

So that a retail investor with a Phd in Economics and Commerce with a second degree in Geology and Mining investing in an oil exploration company will be at the bottom of this pile and the fresh faced analyst at Macquarie Bank will by birth right remain above him or her for life.

I hate the use of the term sophisticated investor as experience shows they are largely all WANCA’s.

They remind me of a group of health care providers I discovered in 1996 in Hong Kong. On the outside of the building where they practiced were their brass plaques and upon reading each one you found London School of Medicine 1981 (failed).

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
Top Bottom