BRN Discussion Ongoing

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
Respiratory monitoring using advanced nanosensor technology. I suspect we're involved in this as well.

"NanoVation-GS was founded at the Technion by a leading experienced team, including Dr. Shuster- founder and CEO and senior researcher in nanomaterials and materials engineering, and Prof. Hossam Haick, founder and CSO, a leading researcher and expert in nanotechnology. The company has an exclusive license for its first patent from the Technion and two additional patents owned by the company, which are in the registration phase."

I got a feeling these things from Israel wont be approved by the FDA. Big pharma dont like disrupting competition

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Cardpro

Regular
Bye bye shorters thanks for entertaining us, don't forget to come back later and boost up our share price to close ur short positions :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

equanimous

Bye bye shorters thanks for entertaining us, don't forget to come back later and boost up our share price to close ur short positions :)
Money printer back on again to combat inflation which caused it in the first place. Bulls are back

California will start handing out $1,050 stimulus payments to residents this week to combat inflation​

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
I must have good dreams because I see nothing but green days ahead for BrainChip. I see a much more stable and positive World emerging next year. Not following the commercial media helps.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
While I am an investor and sometimes trader in Brainchip Inc and maintain a positive overall view of the prospects for success I do not always agree with decisions made by the Brainchip Inc and when that is the case I invariably take my concerns to the company privately.

Fortunately this company unlike some I have invested in will engage in robust debate with me and on my preferred terms which is in writing. Often I am not persuaded by the company but to date though not persuaded they have convinced me that the basis of the decision they have made is their genuine attempt to comply with the law and look after the best interests of all shareholders.

On the issue of the non publication of the last granted patent I had the following discussion and as this issue is still gnawing at some I have sort permission to publish the following email discussion I had with Brainchip Inc on the subject:

Fact Finder: I am very unhappy with this news regarding the patent...

Brainchip: I understand your frustration. There are good reasons for the non-announcements. It has nothing to do with any attempt to distance ourselves from the retail shareholders at all. Let me begin by saying that the decision to announce or not to announce falls into a very grey area of the guidance which I can share with you. Even after reading my justification below, you may not agree but hopefully you can see this from our perspective.

In this case, applying the Continuous Disclosure standards by asking, would this information make an informed investor buy or sell the stock, we believe the answer is that it is unlikely that it would. This decision was not taken lightly by any means. We had lengthy conversations with our two patent attorneys based in Perth at the research institute who advised us on this position. One of the very key differentiators of this patent from the others in the past and the ones that are pending and will be granted in the next few weeks is that this is a patent on an application of Akida and not on the very critical and core technology that makes Akida what it is. Protecting one possible use of Akida is not nearly as critical as protecting the “secret sauce”. And while this is one potential way of encrypting data, according to our best and brightest, “encryption is a dime a dozen” and there are many other ways to do it. For someone to infringe upon this patent, first they have to invent their own neuromorphic chip and then do voice encryption using two chips and an SNN.

As you know, the applications of Akida are endless and if we take the position that we are going to do an announcement for each and every one of them, it would be dilutive to the more valuable and critical announcements and we will have reverted back to being the very “noisy” BRN that drew some very unwanted attention and criticism from the ASX over the past few years. We are on their closely watched list and everything we do is scrutinized to death to ensure we are not pumping the stock so we err on the side of caution.

Fact Finder: It seemed to myself and others that this patent allowed for the use of the Hey Mercedes to securely interact with home and office as proposed by Mercedes Benz. If this is only in part correct then it is clearly significant.

Brainchip: A Patent on an application of Akida which in of itself is not a unique application (encryption) although it may be unique to do so on a neuromorphic chip. This does not protect our core Akida technology and although we felt the research was valuable and worth patenting, we do not foresee any immediate commercial applications or demand for this.

Fact Finder: Secondly having regard to the five criteria for the grant of any patent, as well as the time and cost involved unless the company does not concern itself with the proper allocation of scarce resources all patents by their very nature are important. Thirdly for the company, to as Tony Dawe suggested to another shareholder, decide this patent can be consigned to a footnote in the October 4C is to raise concerns about the true motives of management.

Brainchip: The next few patents that are issued will definitely be announced. When you see them, the difference will be very clear.

I have previously mentioned that in my communications and discussions at the AGM I formed the view that Brainchip Inc is very, very, very concerned about having any adverse entries made against them by the ASX. While Brainchip Inc has never stated why unlike every other company I have invested in they have such deep rooted concerns I am of the opinion that as it is the end goal to list on the Nasdaq that this is the reason. The Nasdaq looks at the character of the company and its history on other exchanges in determining how and when any new company will be permitted to list. Brainchip Inc wants an unblemished good name and in my opinion goes overboard to comply beyond strictly with the ASX Rules.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Based on the above correspondence between FF and BRN, it has definitely been a few weeks now. Hoping for a patent drop announcement tomorrow to help close out a nice green week!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

equanimous

I must have good dreams because I see nothing but green days ahead for BrainChip. I see a much more stable and positive World emerging next year. Not following the commercial media helps.
Just for a bit of fun I checked this out.

interesting that the year of 2022 was the year of the Tiger is known as the king of all beasts in China. The zodiac sign Tiger is a symbol of strength, exorcising evils, and braveness.

2023 is the year of the rabbit
In Chinese culture, rabbits represent the moon. Some say it is because the shadows of the moon resemble a rabbit. Others say it is because of the rabbit’s pure characteristics.

2023 is BRN's year because we are going to the moon.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Scanning the UK papers this morning and this caught my eye. Has Mr. Musk finally decided to board the bus? or is this old news?
have a great day
take care
Osky

View attachment 18122
How can removing sensors make the car safer?

Maybe it's because the sensor data overloads the processor and increases latency?

Somebody should invent a co-processor capable of handling the sensor data in real time and with minimal power consumption ...

PS: Just speaking with the ogre, and, in his opinion Musk's allusion to AI does not mean Akida, because if it were to be Akida, he wouldn't need to abandon the ultrasound sensors.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Lex555

Regular
Plus lets not forget Prophesee's new partners

Prophesee Showcases the Solutions and Partners Driving Event Based Vision at VISION 2022​

The 2021 VISION Award winner is back with a powerful suite of hardware and software sensing solutions and new announcements with its fast-growing partner’s ecosystem including Century Arks, CIS, Datalogic, Framos, Lucid and MVTec.

iCatch-Prophesee

PARIS – October 3, 2022 – The full extent of the power and accessibility of Prophesee’s advanced neuromorphic vision systems will be on display at the 2022 VISION show, with an array of technology showcases, partner demonstrations and live interactions that showcase the company’s breakthrough event-based vision approach to machine vision.

Prophesee will have in-depth product demonstrations at its Booth 8B29 at the premier industry event happening October 4-6 in Stuttgart, Germany.

Prophesee will also deliver an overview of its event-based platform on Wednesday, 6 October at 12:20 (Hall 8 Booth C70), entitled “The World Between Frames; Event Camera Come of Age.”

Secure your private meeting today
for in-depth insights from our experts: http://prophesee.ai/meet

Prophesee’s Metavision® platform has gained traction with leading developers of machine vision systems in industrial automation, robotics, automotive and IoT. Its event-based vision approach significantly reduces the amount of data needed to capture information. Among the benefits of the sensor and AI technology are ultra-low latency, robustness to challenging lighting conditions, energy efficiency, and low data rate.

The company’s breakthrough sensors, accompanying development tools, open-source algorithms and models are at the foundation of several announcements and demonstrations at the show, including:

• CENTURY ARKS: Century Arks announces it will release mid-October the SilkyEvCam HD, first commercial Event-based Vision camera featuring the IMX636MP sensor realized in collaboration between Sony and Prophesee.
  • CIS: Prophesee announces collaboration with CIS, a leading machine vision provider, to build the first Event-Based 3D sensing evaluation platform, leveraging advanced VCSEL technology: https://www.prophesee.ai/2022/10/03/cis-prophesee-structured-light-evaluation-kit/
  • Datalogic: A global technology leader in the automatic data capture and factory automation markets begins landmark partnership with Prophesee to bring the performance and efficiency of neuromorphic vision to its industrial products: https://www.prophesee.ai/2022/10/03/datalogic-prophesee-event-camera-partnership/
  • Framos: A leading global supplier of imaging products, custom vision solutions and OEM services is releasing their brand new Event-Based Vision development kit based on NVIDIA Jetson Xavier, featuring IMX636 sensor realized in collaboration between Sony and Prophesee.
  • Lucid Vision Labs: Following early prototype announcement at VISION 2021, Machine Vision leader Lucid announces commercial availability of its new Triton EVS, featuring the Prophesee Metavision sensor inside.
  • MVTec: Prophesee and MVTec Partner to Support Integration of Prophesee Event-Based Metavision® Cameras with MVTec HALCON Machine Vision Software. https://www.prophesee.ai/2022/10/03/mvtec-prophesee-halcon-integration-partnership/

ABOUT PROPHESEE

Prophesee is the inventor of the world’s most advanced neuromorphic vision systems.
The company developed a breakthrough Event-Based Vision approach to computer vision. This new vision category allows for significant reductions of power, latency and data processing requirements to reveal what was invisible to traditional frame-based sensors until now. Prophesee’s patented Metavision® sensors and algorithms mimic how the human eye and brain work to dramatically improve efficiency in areas such as autonomous vehicles, industrial automation, IoT, security and surveillance, and AR/VR.
Prophesee is based in Paris, with local offices in Grenoble, Shanghai, Tokyo and Silicon Valley. The company is driven by a team of more than 100 visionary engineers, holds more than 50 international patents and is backed by leading international equity and corporate investors including 360 Capital Partners, European Investment Bank, iBionext, Intel Capital, Prosperity7 Ventures, Robert Bosch Venture Capital, Sinovation, Supernova Invest, Will Semiconductor, Xiaomi.
Learn more: www.prophesee.ai
Could this be Akidas first product to market, what do you think @Diogenese @Fact Finder an event based vision camera releasing in a few weeks.
9DAA9D09-8E14-450C-855C-F99166571CDB.jpeg

Their site eludes to spiking

424EEFFE-A94D-4C14-94A8-F837DC1CA529.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
How can removing sensors make the car safer?

Maybe it's because the sensor data overloads the processor and increases latency?

Somebody should invent a co-processor capable of handling the sensor data in real time and with minimal power consumption ...

PS: Just speaking with the ogre, and, in his opinion Musk's allusion to AI does not mean Akida, because if it were to be Akida, he wouldn't need to abandon the ultrasound sensors.
This is a bit old but he seems to be sticking with camera's.

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Reactions: 7 users

Slade

Top 20
Just for a bit of fun I checked this out.

interesting that the year of 2022 was the year of the Tiger is known as the king of all beasts in China. The zodiac sign Tiger is a symbol of strength, exorcising evils, and braveness.

2023 is the year of the rabbit
In Chinese culture, rabbits represent the moon. Some say it is because the shadows of the moon resemble a rabbit. Others say it is because of the rabbit’s pure characteristics.

2023 is BRN's year because we are going to the moon.
Then Jan 22nd 2023 is launch date 🚀

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users

MDhere

Regular
I cant watch it atm as i am on a 12hr shift and cannot put anything on that has a voice to it 😥 so once i finish my 12 hour shift tonight I will be sure to hear it

I think you have picked up on something here that I should take to management of Brainchip and everyone else here should send emails as well.

Clearly the reason that over at HC the podcast has been ignored and here today it has been buried in valueless discussions is down to the failure of Brainchip to publish its existence via the ASX. The email it sent to all registered shareholders today was just simply totally insufficient. The earlier warning yesterday on its various social media pages that was posted about here yesterday was also clearly not enough to enliven interest.

Now I understand why all those I have been trying to encourage to listen to the podcast and take on board all that which it has to offer as @TechGirl and some others have been pointing out is because they did not read an ASX announcement and have completely missed the fact the podcast became available this morning. Makes perfect sense to me particularly if I am on ignore along with @TechGirl and of course if they have put Jesse Chapman on ignore just before he posted the link to the podcast this morning and after he posted the popular text from the Mercedes Benz employee.

Having recognised the error of my ways I will no longer make such attempts to promote the positive information when it arises until Brainchip starts putting out ASX announcements just to spite the company. That will fix them and me as well but so what.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Ok ive been able to relax and take the time to listen to the Podcast and well YES its a must to anyone that's interested in the future of Brainchip to listen to it.

Together with Prophesee, the combination is Prophesee story is now complete and Brainchip was the missing link to their solution.
The takeaway part for me was the above and this was within 25:43 and 29:01

Am I excited to hear this collaboration - I only have 3 words -

Boomidy BOOM BOOM!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Could this be Akidas first product to market, what do you think @Diogenese @Fact Finder an event based vision camera releasing in a few weeks.
View attachment 18142

Their site eludes to spiking

View attachment 18143
Hi @Lex555
One of the things that litigation taught me and which applies to my approach to investing is ensure you have access to a reliable expert and know when to step back and accept their opinion.

Yesterday I spent some time looking at the Prophesee partners and decided that based on Luca Vesse and Ryad Benosman AKIDA will be included as part of the full stack of Prophesee’s event based vision sensing solutions SO at some point every single one will be using AKIDA.

The only question is when, not if, and it is entirely possible that if the Brainchip and Prophesee initial engagement goes back far enough that a product like your camera could be the first commercial product.

This raises the problem of how do we know ‘when’ the full stack is being implemented.

As both Prophesee and Brainchip are spike engaged technologies it is going to be near impossible for lay persons to know when this has occurred unless there is an explicit statement from Prophesee or Brainchip.

The only solution otherwise will be to rely upon an independent external expert to interpret specification sheets or patents.

Enter @Diogenese retired Engineer and resident TSEx expert.

Of course our expert is going to be hamstrung to some extent because he will be totally reliant upon what the publicly available documents contain so I suspect we will still be forced to look to earnings as an indicator on most occasions.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
I got a feeling these things from Israel wont be approved by the FDA. Big pharma dont like disrupting competition
My thoughts on this is, just like all past disruptive technologies that have evolved, both positive and negative effects are inevitable, and this VOC detector will be no exception, especially when you add in all the other VOC markers leading to diagnosing the countless number of other horrible diseases that we humans acquire frequently.

Can you imagine the sheer magnitude of the millions of seemingly healthy ordinary everyday people finding out they may have the starting’s of a treatable disease, and not having the infrastructure and medical professionals available to combat the massive surge in patient numbers.

I think this tech will eventually be common place many years in the future, but not now until these issues are met.
Of course I'm just a unsophisticated retail BRN investor, what the hell would I know.o_O

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Slade

Top 20
@Diogenese lets go! Get the caffeine into you.

• Haha
@Diogenese lets go! Get the caffeine into you.
On that note I thought it would be helpful to provide the following list of published Prophesee partners for @Diogenese:

1. Sony

2. Century Ark

3. IMAGO - SpaceX seems to be a customer

4. Datalogic

5. LUCID

6. CIS Corporation

7. FRAMOS Imaging

8. MV Technology

9. Renault

10. Xiaomi

11. Qualcomm

By extension these are all now part of the growing Brainchip Ecosystem.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 52 users

MDhere

Regular
Hi @Lex555
One of the things that litigation taught me and which applies to my approach to investing is ensure you have access to a reliable expert and know when to step back and accept their opinion.

Yesterday I spent some time looking at the Prophesee partners and decided that based on Luca Vesse and Ryad Benosman AKIDA will be included as part of the full stack of Prophesee’s event based vision sensing solutions SO at some point every single one will be using AKIDA.

The only question is when, not if, and it is entirely possible that if the Brainchip and Prophesee initial engagement goes back far enough that a product like your camera could be the first commercial product.

This raises the problem of how do we know ‘when’ the full stack is being implemented.

As both Prophesee and Brainchip are spike engaged technologies it is going to be near impossible for lay persons to know when this has occurred unless there is an explicit statement from Prophesee or Brainchip.

The only solution otherwise will be to rely upon an independent external expert to interpret specification sheets or patents.

Enter @Diogenese retired Engineer and resident TSEx expert.

Of course our expert is going to be hamstrung to some extent because he will be totally reliant upon what the publicly available documents contain so I suspect we will still be forced to look to earnings as an indicator on most occasions.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
To add to this in my laypersons view is that I agree every single one will be incorporating Akida. There is the Sony IMX636MP which is mentioned but there is also the Prophesee PPS3MVCD and BOTH have the use of METAVISION INTELLIGENCE.

Now my thoughts are when each of these two products are sold each of these two products will benefit in the use of the AKIDA TECHNOLOGY meaning both PROPHESEE AND SONY are involved in this collaboration using by default now the AKIDA TECHNOLOGY within the METAVISION INTELLIGENCE.

But what do i know? As John Banner says.....

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
On that note I thought it would be helpful to provide the following list of published Prophesee partners for @Diogenese:

1. Sony

2. Century Ark

3. IMAGO - SpaceX seems to be a customer

4. Datalogic

5. LUCID

6. CIS Corporation

7. FRAMOS Imaging

8. MV Technology

9. Renault

By extension these are all now part of the growing Brainchip Ecosystem.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Lucid cars are amazing. Would be a tough decision between the Lucid or the Merc #firstworldproblems

• Haha

equanimous

My thoughts on this is, just like all past disruptive technologies that have evolved, both positive and negative effects are inevitable, and this VOC detector will be no exception, especially when you add in all the other VOC markers leading to diagnosing the countless number of other horrible diseases that we humans acquire frequently.

Can you imagine the sheer magnitude of the millions of seemingly healthy ordinary everyday people finding out they may have the starting’s of a treatable disease, and not having the infrastructure and medical professionals available to combat the massive surge in patient numbers.

I think this tech will eventually be common place many years in the future, but not now until these issues are met.
Of course I'm just a unsophisticated retail BRN investor, what the hell would I know.o_O
I agree. I initially thought the Nanose development would have been accelerated to combat covid. Disposable single use RAT sell more..

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom