BRN Discussion Ongoing

Thanks FF,

That's right, I totally agree, so if we watch Prophesee closely we will easily be able to tell which products will include Akida & IMO they all will going forward, we make Prophesee complete, they were only realising half their potential before Akida came along (y)
I am sure you remember a while back the very negative response a poster received from Ryad Benosman the cofounder of Prophesee regarding AKIDA. Clearly that response was born out of a desire to suppress speculation about a relationship between Brainchip and Prophesee.

On looking up Mr. Benosman just now I found this further interesting connection:

Carnegie Mellon University.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users

jk6199

Regular
Only 7 minutes of trading this morning to hit 1 million trades?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
And yet the Big Five are all down again. Pretty hard to break free of the brown cardigan group once you have been admitted.😞🤡😎

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

TopCat

Regular
This could be something to start looking at. Renault is listed as a partner on Prophosee’s web page. A few years ago Renault formed an alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi to progress with this technology. 🤔🧐

2017 - Essais Vehicule Autonome - Groupe Renault

“Eyes Off/Hands Off” Technology​

“Eyes Off/Hands Off” technology is a form of autonomous driving with no driver supervision.
When drivers delegate driving activities, they no longer need to watch the road or have their hands on the steering Wheel - driving is now fully delegated to the vehicle.
This feature is intended for the most boring kinds of driving - driving in stop-and-go traffic, for instance - and only on approved highways.

“Eyes Off/Hands Off” Mode​

When autonomous driving mode is activated, a set of sensors monitor the road and provide 360° surveillance of the vehicle: lidars (long-range laser scanners), long-range frontal radar, medium-range corner radar, frontal digital cameras, four 180° digital cameras, an ultrasound belt and more.
The data collected by these sensors is analyzed by the many embedded software “brains” that tell the vehicle what to do.

“Eyes Off/Hands Off” Benefits​

With the autonomous “Eyes Off/Hands Off” mode, Renault’s goal is to change the experience of riding in cars, making it more pleasant, more interesting and safer. This will significantly reduce the risk of accidents! Trips will be less stressful and more productive.
Drivers can make better use of their time by using in-vehicle connectivity to answer emails or watch videos. They can do so safely, outside conditions permitting, as long as applicable laws and regulations are followed, once these are updated to authorize these new features.

Vision sensors inspired by the human eye​

Chronocam’s proprietary approach to computer vision leverages the company’s deep expertise in neuromorphic vision sensing, which mimics the human eye, and processing, which mimics the human brain. Because of the efficiencies it realizes through its data capture techniques, the technology can expand conventional vision methods and contribute to better adoption and effectiveness in the automotive market.

“With the ambition to become one of the first brands to offer “eyes-off/hands-off” technology on mainstream vehicles at affordable price, we’re pleased to work with Chronocam on an innovative computer vision technology in order to bring to Renault customers safer and more affordable ADAS and progressively autonomous driving systems,” said Gaspar Gascon, Executive Vice President, Product Engineering, Groupe Renault.

The two companies will work together to apply Chronocam’s technology to areas such as collision avoidance, driver assistance, pedestrian protection, blind spot detection and other critical functions to improve safety and efficiency in the operation of both manned and autonomous vehicles.

This article is a few years old but Renault has been working with Chroncam since November 2016. Chronocam is now known as Prophesee!!! 🤔🤔

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

HopalongPetrovski

I'm Spartacus!
Just wait till we get some news......our big B will fly. 🤣
Then those sophisticated shortee's on our tail will crap 'emselves. 🤣

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Xray1

Regular
Just on a side note : I was just wondering, that once Peter and Anil announce the Akida 2000 technology as completed ....... is it then the situation, that we will once again need to go through SocioNext then through to TSMC ???

Reactions: 9 users

jk6199

Regular

Yes, and lets hope they've run out of toilet paper at the same time!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Mccabe84

Regular
Just on a side note : I was just wondering, that once Peter and Anil announce the Akida 2000 technology as completed ....... is it then the situation, that we will once again need to go through SocioNext then through to TSMC ???
Will we even get an announcement? The BRN team don’t seem to like ASX announcement.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Possibly. What the CEO Sean Hehir said at the AGM was there would be an announcement about release of the AKIDA 2.0 IP later this year and they would probably tap out a reference chip first half next year.

If they do tap out a reference chip for AKIDA 2.0 I suspect they will do what they did for the AKIDA 1.0 engineering samples and share a wafer which will save costs and give them a couple of thousand chips at 28 nm to demonstrate and benchmark AKIDA 2.0 to customers.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I am sure you remember a while back the very negative response a poster received from Ryad Benosman the cofounder of Prophesee regarding AKIDA. Clearly that response was born out of a desire to suppress speculation about a relationship between Brainchip and Prophesee.

On looking up Mr. Benosman just now I found this further interesting connection:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Is that the same Carnegie Mellon University that hosted the BrainChip University field trial?

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Xray1

Regular
Possibly. What the CEO Sean Hehir said at the AGM was there would be an announcement about release of the AKIDA 2.0 IP later this year and they would probably tap out a reference chip first half next year.

If they do tap out a reference chip for AKIDA 2.0 I suspect they will do what they did for the AKIDA 1.0 engineering samples and share a wafer which will save costs and give them a couple of thousand chips at 28 nm to demonstrate and benchmark AKIDA 2.0 to customers.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
If any chips are left over, they can then go into the handheld Nanose device if it is ever developed.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
If any chips are left over, they can then go into the handheld Nanose device if it is ever developed.
Speaking of which...

New Israeli tech can detect heart condition with simple breath test​

Electronic nose” (eNose) technology, developed at Haifa's Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, can detect tiny molecular changes in a patient's blood.​

By JUDY SIEGEL-ITZKOVICH
Published: AUGUST 11, 2022 13:54

Updated: AUGUST 11, 2022 17:27
Email Twitter Facebook fb-messenger
3D image of a heart in a cardiology test (photo credit: REUTERS)

A simple and quick breath test using the “electronic nose” (eNose) technology developed at Haifa’s Technion-Israel Institute of Technology has proved effective in verifying the diagnosis of atherosclerosis in patients at Petah Tikva’s Rabin Medical Center-Beilinson Campus.

The artificial nose makes use of a row of sensitive, submicroscopic (nanoparticle) gold sensors that can detect tiny molecular changes in the patient’s blood. The arrays are trained to identify disease biomarkers and screen high-risk groups for specific diseases, as well as monitor treatments in people affected by that disease. It has already been successful in detecting a variety of diseases, including some types of cancer.

The study used the eNose technology, which was developed at the Technion by Prof. Hossam Haick of the Wolfson Faculty of Chemical Engineering. Its effectiveness was verified in the diagnosis of obstructive arteriosclerosis, cancer and other diseases.

About two decades ago, Haick was working on a doctoral degree at the Technion when he learned that his friend and coworker had been diagnosed with leukemia. It was Haick’s first close encounter with cancer and the physical toll its treatment could wreak on a person. “He’s fine now, but it was very difficult to see him suffer,” he recalled.

Dr. Inbar Nardi, who initiated and led the study in Beilinson’s cardiology department and collaborated with Haick and Dr. Yoav Broza of the Technion, examined whether it is possible to predict sclerotic heart disease with the eNose.

Chemical engineer Prof. Hossam Haick (credit: TECHNION-ISRAEL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY)
zoom-image-icon.svg

Chemical engineer Prof. Hossam Haick (credit: TECHNION-ISRAEL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY)

Atherosclerosis occurs when the coronary arteries that carry oxygen and nutrients from the heart to the rest of the body become thick and stiff, sometimes restricting blood flow to the organs and tissues. Healthy arteries are flexible and elastic.

“This is an initial study that provides motivation and justification for the continued development of the eNose, which has now proven its effectiveness in the field of heart disease,” Nardi said.

The study has just been published in the journal Cardiology under the title, “Detecting Coronary Artery Disease Using Exhaled Breath Analysis.”

In the first part of the prospective pilot study, about 60 patients aged 30 to 80 who did not have a history of heart disease were examined in the hospital’s emergency department because of chest pains. The subjects blew into the eNose, and the results of the breath tests were classified according to the patients’ real atherosclerosis status as shown by actual or virtual coronary catheterization.

According to the results of the first part of the study, models were built comparing three degrees of severity of atherosclerosis disease − its absence, the presence of the nonobstructive type and the presence of the obstructive type.

In the second phase of the study, the models were used to examine the ability to distinguish among the three atherosclerosis conditions in 25 additional patients.

The study showed for the first time that the breath test was able to correctly separate patients with normal arteries from patients with atherosclerosis − with a sensitivity of 69% and a specificity of 67%. These are encouraging initial data regarding the diagnostic ability and accuracy of the system, Nardi said.

“This is a preliminary and extraordinary study that provides motivation and justification for the continued development of eNose technology as a simple, fast and noninvasive diagnostic tool for diagnosis in the field of cardiology as well,” she concluded.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Diogenese

Top 20

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
But then he also said this:
[
For a more intellectual read head over to @IloveLamp post on the Nviso thread.

(My secret pleasure is the little dig the author has at Intel & IBM.)

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I just had to steal this quote:

“[Today’s DVS] sensors are extremely fast, super low bandwidth, and have a high dynamic range so you can see indoors and outdoors,” Benosman said. “It’s the future. Will it take off? Absolutely!”
“Whoever can put the processor out there and offer the full stack will win, because it’ll be unbeatable,” he added.
— Professor Ryad Benosman will give the keynote address at the Embedded Vision Summitin Santa Clara, Calif. on May 17.

Opinions and research expressed are my own as an unlicensed individual. External links are not endorsed. Do your own research or consult a licensed financial adviser.

]

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 42 users

Diogenese

Top 20

... and the sequel: Hunt for Green October.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Bravo

Respiratory monitoring using advanced nanosensor technology. I suspect we're involved in this as well.

"NanoVation-GS was founded at the Technion by a leading experienced team, including Dr. Shuster- founder and CEO and senior researcher in nanomaterials and materials engineering, and Prof. Hossam Haick, founder and CSO, a leading researcher and expert in nanotechnology. The company has an exclusive license for its first patent from the Technion and two additional patents owned by the company, which are in the registration phase."

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Osky

Scanning the UK papers this morning and this caught my eye. Has Mr. Musk finally decided to board the bus? or is this old news?
have a great day
take care
Osky

1665015292059.png

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

gex

Regular
May be useful for the more "advanced" among us

1665015373053.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Bravo

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Speaking of which...

New Israeli tech can detect heart condition with simple breath test​

Electronic nose” (eNose) technology, developed at Haifa's Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, can detect tiny molecular changes in a patient's blood.​

By JUDY SIEGEL-ITZKOVICH
Published: AUGUST 11, 2022 13:54

Updated: AUGUST 11, 2022 17:27
Email Twitter Facebook fb-messenger
3D image of a heart in a cardiology test (photo credit: REUTERS)

A simple and quick breath test using the “electronic nose” (eNose) technology developed at Haifa’s Technion-Israel Institute of Technology has proved effective in verifying the diagnosis of atherosclerosis in patients at Petah Tikva’s Rabin Medical Center-Beilinson Campus.

The artificial nose makes use of a row of sensitive, submicroscopic (nanoparticle) gold sensors that can detect tiny molecular changes in the patient’s blood. The arrays are trained to identify disease biomarkers and screen high-risk groups for specific diseases, as well as monitor treatments in people affected by that disease. It has already been successful in detecting a variety of diseases, including some types of cancer.

The study used the eNose technology, which was developed at the Technion by Prof. Hossam Haick of the Wolfson Faculty of Chemical Engineering. Its effectiveness was verified in the diagnosis of obstructive arteriosclerosis, cancer and other diseases.

About two decades ago, Haick was working on a doctoral degree at the Technion when he learned that his friend and coworker had been diagnosed with leukemia. It was Haick’s first close encounter with cancer and the physical toll its treatment could wreak on a person. “He’s fine now, but it was very difficult to see him suffer,” he recalled.

Dr. Inbar Nardi, who initiated and led the study in Beilinson’s cardiology department and collaborated with Haick and Dr. Yoav Broza of the Technion, examined whether it is possible to predict sclerotic heart disease with the eNose.

zoom-image-icon.svg

Atherosclerosis occurs when the coronary arteries that carry oxygen and nutrients from the heart to the rest of the body become thick and stiff, sometimes restricting blood flow to the organs and tissues. Healthy arteries are flexible and elastic.

“This is an initial study that provides motivation and justification for the continued development of the eNose, which has now proven its effectiveness in the field of heart disease,” Nardi said.

The study has just been published in the journal Cardiology under the title, “Detecting Coronary Artery Disease Using Exhaled Breath Analysis.”

In the first part of the prospective pilot study, about 60 patients aged 30 to 80 who did not have a history of heart disease were examined in the hospital’s emergency department because of chest pains. The subjects blew into the eNose, and the results of the breath tests were classified according to the patients’ real atherosclerosis status as shown by actual or virtual coronary catheterization.

According to the results of the first part of the study, models were built comparing three degrees of severity of atherosclerosis disease − its absence, the presence of the nonobstructive type and the presence of the obstructive type.

In the second phase of the study, the models were used to examine the ability to distinguish among the three atherosclerosis conditions in 25 additional patients.

The study showed for the first time that the breath test was able to correctly separate patients with normal arteries from patients with atherosclerosis − with a sensitivity of 69% and a specificity of 67%. These are encouraging initial data regarding the diagnostic ability and accuracy of the system, Nardi said.

“This is a preliminary and extraordinary study that provides motivation and justification for the continued development of eNose technology as a simple, fast and noninvasive diagnostic tool for diagnosis in the field of cardiology as well,” she concluded.

Great pick up. The market for this will be beyond huge once they iron out the issues in bringing it to market in a practical manner.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
But then he also said this:
[

I just had to steal this quote:

“[Today’s DVS] sensors are extremely fast, super low bandwidth, and have a high dynamic range so you can see indoors and outdoors,” Benosman said. “It’s the future. Will it take off? Absolutely!”
“Whoever can put the processor out there and offer the full stack will win, because it’ll be unbeatable,” he added.
— Professor Ryad Benosman will give the keynote address at the Embedded Vision Summitin Santa Clara, Calif. on May 17.

Opinions and research expressed are my own as an unlicensed individual. External links are not endorsed. Do your own research or consult a licensed financial adviser.

]

Hi Dio,

I do remember reading that previously, but I couldn't remember who said it, thanks for the reminder, I think it's now my favorite quote.

When you really appreciate & understand the words "unbeatable", then it has to trump the 10 x Microsoft quote.

Unbeatable is Unbeatable!

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Top Bottom