BRN Discussion Ongoing

toasty

Regular
I love everyone trying to positively spin this but he said it wasn't Akida. Pretty cut and dry to me.

I hope you are all correct and I am just a sad old pessimist!

Mercedes is not a brand that chops and changes. It finds/invents the best technologies and work with them for the long term. That's what their F1 involvement is about for example. Now if we accept that, then the fact they have recently stated that Brainchip are the AI experts and they are working with us to bring to production the kinds of systems deployed in the EQXX it follows that the tweet could not be about anything other than Brainchip product - by whatever name. Think about it. Would Mercedes trumpet Brainchip as the best AI they can find then within months go off in another direction?????

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Shadow59

Regular
What can we say with certainty:

1. Brainchip’s AKIDA1.0 is a neuromorphic processor.

2. Anil Mankar stated last year it was more efficient and faster than a GPU.

3. He has said “Not that one.” Meaning not that neuromorphic processor.

4. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that whatever he is referring to is a neuromorphic processor.

Who apart from Brainchip has a neuromorphic processor that can compete with AKIDA 1.0 and out perform a GPU.

The only one I am aware of is Loihi 2 and it is still a research chip.

Intel was previously working with Mercedes Benz before the arrival of Brainchip.

He is former Intel.

If he is referring to Loihi 2 it is of academic interest because we know AKIDA1.0 exceeds the Loihi 2 performance.

If he is referring to AKIDA2.0 which he knows by some other name he does no more than confirm what Anil Mankar told the World last year at the Ai Field Day about AKIDA technology saying:
“Because (we) do computations neuromorphic it is a clear advantage over deep learning GPUs…a quick comparison between (our) neuromorphic chip…and GPUs…(we) can work in microwatts to milli watts while deep learning GPUs are using 100’s of watts…(our) neuromorphic chip… can run much faster, we are running at 300Mhz but the circuits can go to 1Ghz…”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I think what we have to take from this is that we know how much is involved to bring a new idea to something operational. To me it looks like he is talking about a theory. How long has it taken to get Akida to where it is now? They will be up for that to start with, then they will need to produce an operational chip, assuming they can. In the mean time what would Mercedes do sit around and wait? I don't think so!

Reactions: 9 users

toasty

Regular
Or maybe MB have incorporated BRN IP into a RISC V processor? Whatever the full story is I just cant see MB changing their tune on AI in such a short period of time..........

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Lex555

Regular
I love everyone trying to positively spin this but he said it wasn't Akida. Pretty cut and dry to me.

I hope you are all correct and I am just a sad old pessimist!
I’m putting a logical spin on it. Happy to hear other possibilities of competitors, so I don’t flush money down the toilet 😆

Reactions: 3 users

GStocks123

Regular

Thanks for sharing!

-4K plus users on MetaTF ✅
-Akida being the “missing piece” to Prophesee’s sensor ✅

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 39 users

Lex555

Regular
Well, without company confirmation then we all just guessing unfortunately.

Personally can't see how NDA involved given relationship with BRN and MB already outed by MB but yet no formal agreement Ann'd as yet.

One that could be is GrAI?

They had previously been noted by BRN as one of the closer competitors....not necessarily better...just closer.

I think GrAI might find a place somewhere but currently lacks on-device training. A good table to review competition
05E94916-A3A7-4451-A3A1-A6DDB63C37F3.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Iseki

Regular
Well, without company confirmation then we all just guessing unfortunately.

Personally can't see how NDA involved given relationship with BRN and MB already outed by MB but yet no formal agreement Ann'd as yet.

One that could be is GrAI?

They had previously been noted by BRN as one of the closer competitors....not necessarily better...just closer.

GrAI not licensing their IP, that I can see from their website. They sell hardware, at least currently.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Taproot

Regular

16.40 minute
For past 3 years working on combining regular frame based with event based sensors in smart phones to solve motion blur.
Rob confirming soon after that is where the Brainchip / Prophesee collaboration is headed.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

Nxt version now in !!

1521FB9F-01BC-44C3-99A7-067BE2947D9D.jpeg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Brilliant podcast and the last couple of minutes should create a great deal of excitement in the hearts and minds of Brainchip shareholder visionaries.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users
@Lex555 @Iseki

I know the table and paper, I posted it but unfortunately they have a newer version so who knows.

True on IP but that doesn't negate thatthey could be allowing testing with someone like MB.

Hoping it is the next version of Akida but again is all supposition until something formal comes out.

MB looking at what some 10000 staff buildup or something for their digital / AI divisions?

For all we know Akida available right time to implement as available in 2021, pick of crop and provided proof of concept for MB in the EQXX.

EQXX was what, started 18 months prior.

Many available AI back then doing what we were?

Without an agreement they can then wander off and test others that are now possibly available or to provide a comparison against the Akida benchmark.

Key word for me was sparsity the writer highlighted.

As I said, no formal Ann, we all just guessing.

• Fire
I don’t believe him.
The fact that there would be restrictions/NDA’s on what can and cannot be said regarding the worlds best kept secret (akida) would suggest to me that he has his poker face on!

Call me naive but I just cannot believe him with the relationship we have with Mercedes, and what they’ve already said about Brainchip publicly being the AI experts and it being up to 10x more efficient than anything else out there, and now we know that akida new and improved is due out soon, publicly anyway and that somebody has all of a sudden come up with something much more superior to Akida?

NOPE not a chance!
the delusion around these threads sometimes is mind blowing. He confirms it’s NOT Akida but you choose not to believe him and want to convince yourself and others that it is????

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I think GrAI might find a place somewhere but currently lacks on-device training. A good table to review competition
View attachment 18042
What this fellow is talking about is neuromorphic IP that out performs a GPU.

Wake up everyone. You do not need a GPU to run Edge devices.

The Edge market is where AKIDA technology is targeted and it just so happens it out performs GPUs.

GraiMatter is trying to fit into a small power envelop at the Edge as is SynSense but neither can out perform a GPU. They don’t need to to be at the Edge.

Listen to the Podcast and how Luca Verre by implication dismisses every other event based neuromorphic technology and embraces AKIDA.

Even if there is this mythical neuromorphic technology that has been kept completely under wraps for the last 10 years and out of the blue been given to the fellow as IP to check out over the weekend to see how it goes against a GPU so what AKIDA has been there and done that more than a year ago now and GPUs are not Brainchips target market.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
@Lex555 @Iseki

I know the table and paper, I posted it but unfortunately they have a newer version so who knows.

True on IP but that doesn't negate thatthey could be allowing testing with someone like MB.

Hoping it is the next version of Akida but again is all supposition until something formal comes out.

MB looking at what some 10000 staff buildup or something for their digital / AI divisions?

For all we know Akida available right time to implement as available in 2021, pick of crop and provided proof of concept for MB in the EQXX.

Without an agreement they can then wander off and test others that are now possibly available or to provide a comparison against the Akida benchmark.

Francois Piednoel just re-posted this job advertisement for Principal IP SoC Architect on his Linked In an hour ago.

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 10.14.08 am.png

Principal IP and SoC Architect​

Sunnyvale, CA /
Autonomous – Engineering Concepts & Compute (4077) /
Full-time

Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.

We are looking for a skilled and motivated software engineer to help development our next-generation infotainment solutions and drive ideas from concept through implementation. In this role you will assess different operating systems, workloads and infotainment features running on devices from our Automotive System-on-Chip Silicon Partners. In this role, you will also be the technical interface to our Silicon Company partners and be at the forefront of innovation as a connector between the Silicon Valley and our R&D units worldwide.

Job Responsibilities:​

• Lead SoC technical collaboration: drive intense architectural collaboration across external silicon design and IP partners achieving Mercedes-Benz’s objective for power-efficient high compute solutions.
  • Facilitate cross-disciplinary work: your in-depth knowledge and experience ensures seamless progress throughout the chip development process with all disciplines: SW/HW co-optimization engineer, SoC and IP Architects, Simulation and Modeling engineers, Test and Validation engineers and more.
  • Architecture Design: you’ll have critical responsibilities in designing a state-of-the-art, scalable Autonomous Drive chip architecture based on modern technologies and processes.
  • Specifications and Requirements definition: have technical oversight and responsibility for overall formal system architecture definition and functional requirements. Conduct regular technical reviews and support authoring of documentation.
  • Performance and benchmark Analysis: Analyze trade-offs between different types of heterogenous compute cores to architect power-efficient compute solutions.
  • Project Health Assessment: Continually assess project health and risks, anticipate and address issues before they become a problem. For most critical risks have countermeasures and mitigation plans available.
  • Technical guidance and mentorship: project technical guidance across the company from junior employees on working topics on mentoring to senior management on SoC Strategy.
  • Mercedes-Benz Network: Represent MBRDNA in external exchanges as you will be exposed to the best of the industry in term of tooling and architects. You will get to work with some of the best architecture teams on the planet, we are cooperating with a large spectrum of architects.

Minimum Qualifications:​

• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields (Self-made persons are welcome, please indicate your professional experience to equal
  • Expert modern computer architecture knowledge
  • Expert knowledge and experience working with semiconductor
  • architecture, modeling and design EDA tooling
  • Good understanding of automotive electronic architectures
  • Good understanding of modern semiconductor processes and packaging technology
  • Significant experience with the use of programming tools for embedded systems (performance simulators, ISS, profiling tools, runtime, compilers, debuggers, etc.)
  • Good understanding of vision, imaging or video applications, and the use of embedded processors (GP-GPU, DSP, FPGA, multi-core platforms)
  • In-depth knowledge of DSP and MCU architecture and micro-architectures
  • Ability to create technical product specifications and translate those into leading edge implementations
  • Moderate exposure to FPGA-based prototyping and emulation boards is a plus.
  • Basic knowledge of machine learning principles and frameworks
  • Strong programming skills in C and C++, and assembler
  • System-C or Chisel and RTL understanding is required
  • Technical Leadership skills with ability to influence and negotiate
  • Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
  • Excellent teamwork and communication (written and verbal) skills
  • Valid US Driver's License

Preferred Qualifications:​

• Experience with Autonomous or Driver Assistance Systems
  • Understanding of functional safety (ISO26262) concepts and requirements as applied to silicon
  • Experience with SW development processes: project planning, version control, bug tracking
Why should you apply?

Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.

MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.

MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.

Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.

PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
https://mbrdna.com/california-employee-privacy-notice/

• Fire

TechGirl

Founding Member

Thanks for posting Jesse,

Holy Shit Balls that was a fantabolus podcast 💪💪💪

Amaze GIF

Now bear with me this is all from my dodgy memory.

"we are very excited about collaboration with BrainChip, we are natural partners, before Brainchip they were facing integration problems, which was impacting sensor performance, so now combining Prophesee & Brainchip we are finishing the half story we were missing from the beginning, it is now complete, so now we can tell a full story to our customers.....WOW"

Three examples of use cases that Prophesee are currently working on & some I think he said they have been working on for the last 3 years are;

1. Industrial application - High speed fast accurate barcode detection on fast moving boxes

2. Automotive application - Event based camera state of the art object detection for sensors in cars to detect pedestrians or other objects in poor lighting & then for example applying the brakes

3. Mobile Application - Computational imaging for smart phone, our event based sensor will combine with regular frame based sensor to take best images, we capture moving object & we can help correct blurry images that would be taken with just a regular frame based sensor

This is what Prophesee thinks of Akida

tom cruise whatever GIF

And this is what BrainChip thinks about Prophesee

tom cruise 90s movies GIF

And this is what I think of our Partnership

Show Me The Money GIF

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 115 users
Francois Piednoel just re-posted this job advertisement for Principal IP SoC Architect on his Linked In an hour ago.

View attachment 18045

Principal IP and SoC Architect​

Sunnyvale, CA /
Autonomous – Engineering Concepts & Compute (4077) /
Full-time

Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistant and telematic systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focusses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.

We are looking for a skilled and motivated software engineer to help development our next-generation infotainment solutions and drive ideas from concept through implementation. In this role you will assess different operating systems, workloads and infotainment features running on devices from our Automotive System-on-Chip Silicon Partners. In this role, you will also be the technical interface to our Silicon Company partners and be at the forefront of innovation as a connector between the Silicon Valley and our R&D units worldwide.

Job Responsibilities:​

• Lead SoC technical collaboration: drive intense architectural collaboration across external silicon design and IP partners achieving Mercedes-Benz’s objective for power-efficient high compute solutions.
  • Facilitate cross-disciplinary work: your in-depth knowledge and experience ensures seamless progress throughout the chip development process with all disciplines: SW/HW co-optimization engineer, SoC and IP Architects, Simulation and Modeling engineers, Test and Validation engineers and more.
  • Architecture Design: you’ll have critical responsibilities in designing a state-of-the-art, scalable Autonomous Drive chip architecture based on modern technologies and processes.
  • Specifications and Requirements definition: have technical oversight and responsibility for overall formal system architecture definition and functional requirements. Conduct regular technical reviews and support authoring of documentation.
  • Performance and benchmark Analysis: Analyze trade-offs between different types of heterogenous compute cores to architect power-efficient compute solutions.
  • Project Health Assessment: Continually assess project health and risks, anticipate and address issues before they become a problem. For most critical risks have countermeasures and mitigation plans available.
  • Technical guidance and mentorship: project technical guidance across the company from junior employees on working topics on mentoring to senior management on SoC Strategy.
  • Mercedes-Benz Network: Represent MBRDNA in external exchanges as you will be exposed to the best of the industry in term of tooling and architects. You will get to work with some of the best architecture teams on the planet, we are cooperating with a large spectrum of architects.

Minimum Qualifications:​

• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields (Self-made persons are welcome, please indicate your professional experience to equal
  • Expert modern computer architecture knowledge
  • Expert knowledge and experience working with semiconductor
  • architecture, modeling and design EDA tooling
  • Good understanding of automotive electronic architectures
  • Good understanding of modern semiconductor processes and packaging technology
  • Significant experience with the use of programming tools for embedded systems (performance simulators, ISS, profiling tools, runtime, compilers, debuggers, etc.)
  • Good understanding of vision, imaging or video applications, and the use of embedded processors (GP-GPU, DSP, FPGA, multi-core platforms)
  • In-depth knowledge of DSP and MCU architecture and micro-architectures
  • Ability to create technical product specifications and translate those into leading edge implementations
  • Moderate exposure to FPGA-based prototyping and emulation boards is a plus.
  • Basic knowledge of machine learning principles and frameworks
  • Strong programming skills in C and C++, and assembler
  • System-C or Chisel and RTL understanding is required
  • Technical Leadership skills with ability to influence and negotiate
  • Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
  • Excellent teamwork and communication (written and verbal) skills
  • Valid US Driver's License

Preferred Qualifications:​

• Experience with Autonomous or Driver Assistance Systems
  • Understanding of functional safety (ISO26262) concepts and requirements as applied to silicon
  • Experience with SW development processes: project planning, version control, bug tracking
Why should you apply?

Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.

MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.

MBRDNA only accepts resumes from approved agencies who have a valid Agency Agreement on file. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, MBRDNA employees, or send to any MBRDNA location. MBRDNA is not responsible for any fees or claims related to receipt of unsolicited resumes.

Thank you for your interest in Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. Please be aware the impact of COVID-19 could increase the amount of time it takes our HR and Hiring Team to process your application. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Mercedes-Benz Research and Development North America, Inc.

PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
https://mbrdna.com/california-employee-privacy-notice/
Yes, saw that one yesterday but didn't post as couldn't see strong enough link other than as we know, they are ramping up their staffing in this field.

Reactions: 8 users
@Lex555 @Iseki

You cannot say they do not have a formal agreement.

You can only say they do not have a formal agreement which is required to be announced on the ASX.

We know that Brainchip has about 10 EAP customers who include proof of concept customers. THESE AGREEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED.

A proof of concept agreement is a conditional agreement requiring proof of concept before moving to a defined agreement which would ordinarily then need to be announced via the ASX.

The premise upon which you have posted is false.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 28 users
Thanks for posting Jesse,

Holy Shit Balls that was a fantabolus podcast 💪💪💪

Amaze GIF

Now bear with me this is all from my dodgy memory.

"we are very excited about collaboration with BrainChip, we are natural partners, before Brainchip they were facing integration problems, which was impacting sensor performance, so now combining Prophesee & Brainchip we are finishing the half story we were missing from the beginning, it is now complete, so now we can tell a full story to our customers.....WOW"

Three examples of use cases that Prophesee are currently working on & some I think he said they have been working on for the last 3 years are;

1. Industrial application - High speed fast accurate barcode detection on fast moving boxes

2. Automotive application - Event based camera state of the art object detection for sensors in cars to detect pedestrians or other objects in poor lighting & then for example applying the brakes

3. Mobile Application - Computational imaging for smart phone, our event based sensor will combine with regular frame based sensor to take best images, we capture moving object & we can help correct blurry images that would be taken with just a regular frame based sensor

This is what Prophesee thinks of Akida

tom cruise whatever GIF

And this is what BrainChip thinks about Prophesee

tom cruise 90s movies GIF

And this is what I think of our Partnership

Show Me The Money GIF

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nothing dodgy about your memory I listened to that part three times and like BIG KEV I AM EXCITED.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users
You cannot say they do not have a formal agreement.

You can only say they do not have a formal agreement which is required to be announced on the ASX.

We know that Brainchip has about 10 EAP customers who include proof of concept customers. THESE AGREEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED.

A proof of concept agreement is a conditional agreement requiring proof of concept before moving to a defined agreement which would ordinarily then need to be announced via the ASX.

The premise upon which you have posted is false.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Didn't actually say "no formal agreement".

Said...without an agreement can wander off and...

Without a formal announcement we just guessing.

Reactions: 13 users

ndefries

Regular
the delusion around these threads sometimes is mind blowing. He confirms it’s NOT Akida but you choose not to believe him and want to convince yourself and others that it is????
He was never going to be the one person to annouce anything of significance. He is allowed to talk in concepts without detail. If i was him I would lie also. It was silly to ask someone a direct question. You ask someone a question they are not allowed to answer they are welcome to lie in your face full stop.

Had fun reading your previous posts. You seem way more focused on a different company and potentially just trade BRN with your views adjusting with your holding balance.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom