BRN Discussion Ongoing

Cardpro

Regular
Damn...
Works for Mercedes. I wonder who he is referring to?! If it was Brainchip you would imagine that they’ve “reviewed” the IP a while ago, unless they have the new and improved akida containing LSTM?? View attachment 17989
Screenshot_20221005_081148.jpg

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

chapman89

Founding Member
I don’t believe him.
The fact that there would be restrictions/NDA’s on what can and cannot be said regarding the worlds best kept secret (akida) would suggest to me that he has his poker face on!

Call me naive but I just cannot believe him with the relationship we have with Mercedes, and what they’ve already said about Brainchip publicly being the AI experts and it being up to 10x more efficient than anything else out there, and now we know that akida new and improved is due out soon, publicly anyway and that somebody has all of a sudden come up with something much more superior to Akida?

NOPE not a chance!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users
I don’t believe him.
The fact that there would be restrictions/NDA’s on what can and cannot be said regarding the worlds best kept secret (akida) would suggest to me that he has his poker face on!

Call me naive but I just cannot believe him with the relationship we have with Mercedes, and what they’ve already said about Brainchip publicly being the AI experts and it being up to 10x more efficient than anything else out there, and now we know that akida new and improved is due out soon, publicly anyway and that somebody has all of a sudden come up with something much more superior to Akida?

NOPE not a chance!
He might be telling a white lie. Maybe he is going to refer to it as Synopsis chip 😂😁. Those synopsis techies like his comments on that LinkedIn post.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
I don’t believe him.

NOPE not a chance!
I too think you are correct @chapman89.
If their is another product out there and is 100x more power efficient then Akida IP then, I am sure we would see it get promoted/ talk about it. But nothing in the last 12 months. So 🤞 it's Akida IP

Learning.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Bigal7425

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

VictorG

"Not that one" could be referring to Akida 1000. A good question would be 'is it Brainchip IP?
We don't know for sure what Brainchip has called Akida 2000 now that they moved to pure IP.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Any appetite for a 2.0 rebrand?

Reactions: 2 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
His post has quite a few likes from people at Intel.

If it was Akida, surely there would be a "like" from Rob?

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Lex555

Regular
Chipbrain?
I’m waiting to hear back from Shareman as to his thoughts on this new startup chipbrain, rumours on the internal net is that it might have loihi IP and is very high powered, I’m talking sparks coming from the chip kind of stuff

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Shadow59

Regular
His post has quite a few likes from people at Intel.

If it was Akida, surely there would be a "like" from Rob?
He came from Intel and has friends still there.

Reactions: 8 users

Lex555

Regular

That’s a very intriguing response, in fact I’d say that’s a non-denial denial. He could have said a flat no but, instead said ‘not that one’. So he didn’t say an out and out no, but just a no to what we’re alluding to being Akida 1.0. This way he’s being evasive but not lying.

My guess its Akida 1.5 with LSTM.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

toasty

Regular
Maybe he's been admonished for letting the cat out of the bag prior to the patent being officially granted??

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

chapman89

Founding Member

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 44 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Iseki

Regular
Sounds like a Mercedes rebranding of an AKIDA based IP.

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users
What can we say with certainty:

1. Brainchip’s AKIDA1.0 is a neuromorphic processor.

2. Anil Mankar stated last year it was more efficient and faster than a GPU.

3. He has said “Not that one.” Meaning not that neuromorphic processor.

4. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that whatever he is referring to is a neuromorphic processor.

Who apart from Brainchip has a neuromorphic processor that can compete with AKIDA 1.0 and out perform a GPU.

The only one I am aware of is Loihi 2 and it is still a research chip.

Intel was previously working with Mercedes Benz before the arrival of Brainchip.

He is former Intel.

If he is referring to Loihi 2 it is of academic interest because we know AKIDA1.0 exceeds the Loihi 2 performance.

If he is referring to AKIDA2.0 which he knows by some other name he does no more than confirm what Anil Mankar told the World last year at the Ai Field Day about AKIDA technology saying:
“Because (we) do computations neuromorphic it is a clear advantage over deep learning GPUs…a quick comparison between (our) neuromorphic chip…and GPUs…(we) can work in microwatts to milli watts while deep learning GPUs are using 100’s of watts…(our) neuromorphic chip… can run much faster, we are running at 300Mhz but the circuits can go to 1Ghz…”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 59 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I love everyone trying to positively spin this but he said it wasn't Akida. Pretty cut and dry to me.

I hope you are all correct and I am just a sad old pessimist!

Reactions: 22 users

Iseki

Regular
I love everyone trying to positively spin this but he said it wasn't Akida. Pretty cut and dry to me.

I hope you are all correct and I am just a sad old pessimist!
He doesn't say that what he is reading is better than Akida.

Reactions: 4 users
Well, without company confirmation then we all just guessing unfortunately.

Personally can't see how NDA involved given relationship with BRN and MB already outed by MB but yet no formal agreement Ann'd as yet.

One that could be is GrAI?

They had previously been noted by BRN as one of the closer competitors....not necessarily better...just closer.

Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom