BRN Discussion Ongoing

Quiltman

Regular
Works for Mercedes. I wonder who he is referring to?! If it was Brainchip you would imagine that they’ve “reviewed” the IP a while ago, unless they have the new and improved akida containing LSTM?? View attachment 17989
This. assuming it is Akida 2.0, a reasonable assumption IMHO, fills me with joy such that I could scream Eureka from the rooftops.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users
Works for Mercedes. I wonder who he is referring to?! If it was Brainchip you would imagine that they’ve “reviewed” the IP a while ago, unless they have the new and improved akida containing LSTM?? View attachment 17989

Thanks Jesse,

The image automatically says Brain-Chip to me however a lot of companies are using similar images. Hope it is us of course!

I looked him up and don’t have the knowledge to understand another post of his 16 hrs ago:

1664865936600.png

And the conversation following it is interesting but over my head too!

1664866085416.png

Can anyone @Diogenese help me in understanding the conversation please?

:)

Edit: sorry, missed some of the conversation:

1664866408449.png

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
I may be fooling myself but the only IP in the known commercial world that could possibly be 100x more efficient than a GPU is AKIDA 2.0.

We all know Tech here and one thing he does very well is to send congratulations via email to the people at Brainchip who make things happen.

The podcast with Prophesee was one such happening and he sent Rob Telson a congratulations for all his hard work on behalf of shareholders and the company.

Rob Telson replied thanking Tech for his kind words. In the process he described AKIDA as ‘amazing technology’.

It is human nature to become familiar with what we see everyday and this familiarity normally removes the wonder.

As a result these words struck me as Rob Telson has been with Brainchip for quite some years now exposed every day to AKIDA technology and yet uses these words.

There is in my mind no doubt that the amazing technology IP that is said to have ended the Era of GPU4ML can be none other than AKIDA 2.0.

My very anonymous opinion only so as usual DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hopefully you and Chapman are both right..

The imagery of the post, of the brain hovering over the chip, does say it's BrainChip!

Well not specifically 🙄...

But at the very least, it's implying the IP is neuromorphic 😉

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

JDelekto

Regular
To @JDelekto and other US Investors.

When @JDelekto first posted a few months back that the fee had been reinstated on purchases of shares in the USA I communicated this issue to the company.

As a result of @JDelekto ‘s recent post I chased up the issue again and have been advised that the external body that files documents with the DTC had made an error in a form they submitted which led to the reintroduction of the fee. This error took some weeks to uncover.

New documentation is being prepared and filed with the DTC to resolve the issue and hopefully the fee will be lifted. The DTC itself is very behind with processing of documentation and so it is expected to be at least another eight weeks.

The company is causing direct replies to be sent to @JDelekto as to the above matters and also to thank him/her for bringing this issue to their attention.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Thank you, @Fact Finder. Coincidentally, I received an e-mail yesterday from Mark Komonoski at Integrous Communications. He apologized that the transactions cost me money and said they would advise once DTC eligibility is reinstated. He also invited me to call him with any questions or concerns.

While Mark did not go into any details, based on the information you received, it appears they had temporary eligibility after they initially filed. At some point, the SEC uncovered the error and revoked eligibility. Either it was not communicated to the party responsible for filing the documentation, or they have been very slow to correct it. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Also, my co-worker enjoying the low cost of $6.95 commission for trades with Ameritrade received the following notice:

"Beginning November 3, 2022, for trades settled on or after this date, we will be increasing our Foreign Security fee to $44 + $6.95 commission per trade plus all applicable local market charges."

It will cost him more than me per trade if he wants to buy more BrainChip stock. It is a shame it is taking so long to remedy this, but at least it has been recognized and is being corrected (albeit slowly). Even more so now, in my opinion, the stock is at an attractive price for US investors who would invest in the company long-term.

Now, the only thing I have left to discover is why I have not been receiving any proxy voting materials through Fidelity. Only a tiny fraction of my holdings are through the ADRs, so I think I should have received them before the last AGM.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Thanks Jesse,

The image automatically says Brain-Chip to me however a lot of companies are using similar images. Hope it is us of course!

I looked him up and don’t have the knowledge to understand another post of his 16 hrs ago:

View attachment 17994

View attachment 17995

View attachment 17996

Somehow @Diogenese I’ve got a feeling even your simplified explanation will be too complex for me 😂

edit: I should clarify that I‘m not after a full explanation. I think the conversation above is not talking neuromorphic however he might have a few “Irons in the fire” so hopefully his later tweet is talking about something else, e.g. Akida 2.0 !

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire

cosors

👀
2017:
"FRANCOIS PIEDNOËL:
Principal Engineer leaves Intel
After almost 20 years, Francois Piednoël is leaving Intel . As a principal engineer, the Frenchman was jointly responsible for CPUs for the Pentium III up to the Core X. Piednoël was strictly against overclocking, in the future he will probably work in the AI area.

Francois Piednoël has announced via Twitter that he is leaving Intel of his own volition. With him, the manufacturer loses its previous principal engineer and senior performance analyst, who was significantly involved in the hardware and software optimization of Intel's CPU architectures.

One of Piednoël's most important measures was the replacement of the Pentium 4's Netburst technology with the core microarchitecture, which drastically accelerated Intel's current dominance in the x86 sector. He also advocated that CPUs should not be overclocked and banned the sale of engineering samples, even though these were part of Intel's marketing.

Almost 20 years at Intel
Piednoël has been working for Intel since 1997, starting with the Katmai, the first Pentium III. In the following years he dealt with Conroe (Core 2 with 65 nm) and Penryn (Core 2 with 45 nm). With the latter, the SSE 4.1 instruction set extension found its way into Intel's processors - Piednoël took care of SIMDs until the end. He optimized code from 64-bit wide in the 2000s to 512-bit wide with the current AVX-512 instructions in Skylake-SP (Xeon Scalable Processors) and Skylake-X (Core X). In between, Nehalem with an integrated memory controller and all subsequent generations - from Sandy Bridge to Kaby Lake - also belonged to his tasks.

Piednoël was also heavily involved in Android optimizations at Intel, working closely with Franck Delattre, the French developer of CPU-Z. According to his hints on Twitter, Piednoël will deal more with artificial intelligence in the future, but he cannot switch to direct competition anyway because of his knowledge. He is leaving Intel at a time when AMD again has a strong portfolio to offer in the processor market with Epyc and Ryzen."
https://www.golem.de/news/francois-piednoel-principal-engineer-verlaesst-intel-1707-129086.html

https://www.linkedin.com/in/francoispiednoel

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Well if it is not us, we are F%#*ED! :eek:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44 users
Hopefully you and Chapman are both right..

The imagery of the post, of the brain hovering over the chip, does say it's BrainChip!

Well not specifically 🙄...

But at the very least, it's implying the IP is neuromorphic 😉
Plumbing the depths of my memory while preparing dinner I am reminded that at the 2021 Ai Field Day Anil Mankar when discussing automotive stated that AKIDA 1.0 was being compared with a GPU and the results were coming out favourable to AKIDA.

My opinion only & memory so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
And at last—someone who knows what an order of magnitude is!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Thanks Jesse,

View attachment 17994

View attachment 17995

View attachment 17996
One thing I know he has not solved is burning us alive as the ever more powerful but power hungry computers he is advancing consume more and more of the worlds power.

I bet he also promotes adding superchargers to V12 petrol powered cars to out accelerate Tesla’s over the quarter mile.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
More opportunities?

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Plumbing the depths of my memory while preparing dinner I am reminded that at the 2021 Ai Field Day Anil Mankar when discussing automotive stated that AKIDA 1.0 was being compared with a GPU and the results were coming out favourable to AKIDA.

My opinion only & memory so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Anil Mankar made these comments at the 2021 Ai Field Day regarding GPU’s:

“Because (we) do computations neuromorphic it is a clear advantage over deep learning GPUs…a quick comparison between (our) neuromorphic chip…and GPUs…(we) can work in microwatts to milli watts while deep learning GPUs are using 100’s of watts…(our) neuromorphic chip… can run much faster, we are running at 300Mhz but the circuits can go to 1Ghz…”

Anil Mankar then goes on to speak about the fact that AKIDA is like the human brain in that it can learn.

So Mercedes’ Benz IP pictures of brains you would have to be a WANCA to not be able to work out these clues all add up to the only logical choice it’s AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users

VictorG

Anil Mankar made these comments at the 2021 Ai Field Day regarding GPU’s:

“Because (we) do computations neuromorphic it is a clear advantage over deep learning GPUs…a quick comparison between (our) neuromorphic chip…and GPUs…(we) can work in microwatts to milli watts while deep learning GPUs are using 100’s of watts…(our) neuromorphic chip… can run much faster, we are running at 300Mhz but the circuits can go to 1Ghz…”

Anil Mankar then goes on to speak about the fact that AKIDA is like the human brain in that it can learn.

So Mercedes’ Benz IP pictures of brains you would have to be a WANCA to not be able to work out these clues all add up to the only logical choice it’s AKIDA.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Einstein once said and I paraphrase, the universe and stupidity are infinite and I'm not so sure about the universe.
Ergo WANCA's will continue to exist and multiply.
BRN shareholders must accept the we are relegated to the top 1% of the ecosystem, such a lonely existence, oh woe is me.
I will survive, I guess!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai

I think that this is a David Bowman moment
"My god its full of stars"
1664872960938.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
A random observation, "Eastronics" have been removed from the partners page (https://brainchip.com/partners/) in the last 24 hours.

Before:
1664873492945.png

After:
1664873510188.png

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 39 users

Diogenese

Top 20
The ASX should send him a please explain!

• Haha
  • Fire

Vojnovic

Regular
Yes, sounds like Akida 2000, or maybe even 1500. "Module sales are likely to continue into the future, followed by new products such as the AKD2000, which will be a chip with additional features to execute sequence learning networks, known in the industry as LSTM and Transformer networks."
1664873693476.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Diogenese

Top 20
AKIDA 2.0 with LSTM.......IMO
The statement that he has been reviewing an IP does nothing to disprove your suggestion that it is Akida 2.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha

Slade

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Haha