BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slade

Top 20
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
I have to read up a lot first and therefore don't know if the following has already been posted

BrainChip Demonstrates the Power and Simplicity of Edge AI at Edge Impulse Imagine​

Experts from BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN, OTCQX:BRCHF, ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of ultra-low power neuromorphic AI IP, are speaking to audiences at Edge Impulse Imagine about the company's innovative technology in person at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California, and streaming worldwide September 28-30.

Rob Telson, BrainChip Vice President of Ecosystems, presents as part of the show's Lightning Talks, on September 28, where he will discuss the convergence of AI with the proliferation of sensors - bringing scalable and effective AI to the sensor and beyond.

Nikunj Kotecha, BrainChip Machine Learning Solutions Architect, and Chris Anastasi, BrainChip Senior Field Applications Engineer, host the virtual Workshop, 'Building Neuromorphic Models with BrainChip's Akida,' September 29. Designed for beginning to advanced ML engineers, the workshop will teach attendees how to leverage BrainChip's MetaTF to convert traditional CNNs to spiking neural networks (SNNs) with ease and apply to real world use cases.

'We're excited to have the opportunity to join our eco-system partner, Edge Impulse, at their conference helping attendees learn more about how integrated AI solutions provide unparalleled performance and capability-rich experiences,' said Telson. 'Having the ability to present to attendees in-person and online is a great way to share how integrations with Akida's on-chip AI acceleration and learning is the faster, safer, and smarter way to get to market and achieve a competitive advantage.'

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

cosors

👀
The Renesas update progress video is out. The video got interesting for me when the presenter showed full systems solutions at 14:30. No idea if Akida is included in these.
There is a webinar with linked hardware on their homepage with this date.
https://www.renesas.com/us/en/webinars
Sep 28, 2022:
https://www.renesas.com/us/en/products/microcontrollers-microprocessors

I don't know whether we are involved or not or I can't find any clues. I have too little knowledge to identify us in the mountain of infos.

Another webinar deals with the topic Renesas Voice UI Hands‑On Lab:
https://info.renesas.com/en-ra-voice-kit-workshop-webinar
Voice & Face Recognition page.

You can read more on this in a recent blog by Renesas executive vice president Sailesh Chittipeddi:
"Learning at the Edge: Building Intelligence into the Industrial IoT Endpoint"
Sailesh Chittipeddi: That is evolving as designers incorporate more advanced MCUs, MPUs and Neural Processing Units (NPUs) capable of running artificial intelligence algorithms and complex compute functions. Even so, these single-core processors were only able to perform jobs sequentially, first sensing the data, and then processing it before sending an instruction to the actuator. The future of IIoT will evolve into multi-core CPUs, multi-threaded neural processing units, and even low-power, cost-efficient FPGAs driving parallel operations to multiple sensors and actuators. This is the intelligence that’s moving toward the IIoT endpoint. This is what will enable automated systems to locally handle most AI-centric workloads below 10 Tera Operations Per Second (TOPS).

But here, too, I lack the background knowledge to clearly identify us. For me it's like a rabbit hole. Another link and another branch and there again a link and the next article. I think if it's pre-trained on a board that doesn't rule it out but makes it less likely? The datasheets also overwhelm me. If someone with more knowledge than me would look at it. Maybe there is something to find here if not already done. I have now read in circles and I'm glad I found the exit. First I get myself a beer 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire

clip

Regular
Feel a New Real™
PlayStation®VR2 available from early 2023

Exciting new games...enhanced sensory and emotional experience...revolutionary technology.

Discover how to escape into worlds that feel, look and sound absolutely real with groundbreaking next-gen virtual reality gaming.

PlayStation
mb-header-diagonal-1v2.jpg
Feel a New Real™​
PlayStation®VR2 ab Anfang 2023 erhältlich

Spannende neue Spiele ... erweitertes sensorisches und emotionales Erlebnis ... revolutionäre Technologie.

Entdecke, wie du in Welten entfliehen kannst, die sich absolut real anfühlen, real aussehen und real klingen – mit bahnbrechendem Virtual-Reality-Gaming der nächsten Generation.​
Firewall™ Ultra​
In diesem taktischen First-Person-Shooter, der von First Contact Entertainment für PlayStation VR2 entwickelt wurde, kannst du dich als Elite-Söldner einschreiben und dich für PvP- und PvE-Multiplayer-Missionen zusammenschließen.​
Star Wars Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge - Enhanced Edition​
Sieh dir den exklusiven Trailer zu Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge - Enhanced Edition von ILMxLAB an, das nächstes Jahr für PlayStation VR2 erscheint.​
Demeo​
Im Dungeon-Rollenspiel Demeo von Resolution Games hat eine dunkle Macht die Unterwelt übernommen. In dieser Welt hast du alleine keine guten Überlebenschancen.​
Benutzererlebnis entdecken​
In unserem PlayStation.Blog-Artikel erfährst du mehr über einige der fantastischen neuen Funktionen, die das Benutzererlebnis der PlayStation VR2 definieren. Halte Ausschau nach weiteren Details: Wir können es kaum erwarten, in Kürze weitere spannende Updates mit dir zu teilen.​

Thanks for sharing. I somehow miss on that.
A cool feature is eye-tracking or Foveated rendering, where only the part of the videogame is rendered, where you look at.
The rest is rendered in lower resolution, which saves CPU and GPU power.
Lets see, if and where AKIDA could help to improve these VR gaming systems.

I came across the new DualSense Edge controller, that was announced last month:

DualSense-Edge-image-block-02-en-24aug22

It features "Ultra-customizable controls" ("Custom settings make your DualSense Edge wireless controller uniquely yours.") and has a touchpad and a microphone.
For both, the microphone (Keyword Spotting) and the touchpad, BrainChip have demo videos on their youtube channel:

• Fire

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I don't think Akida is being implemented in any of the above Sony products. Happy to be proven wrong.

Also, nice market bounce last night. Will be nice to see BRN in the green again hopefully.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 14 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Automotive chips Marketshare Seen Rising to 10% by 2026

Automotive IC sales expected to post average annual growth of 13.4%; Communications and Computer segments remain largest applications (by IC Insights)

IC Insights released its 3Q Update to the 2022 McClean Report in August. This Update included a 2020-2026 IC database for all markets.

Data shows that the automotive IC marketshare has steadily increased since 1998 growing from 4.7% of total IC sales that year to 7.4% in 2021.

Marketshare gains are forecast to continue for the auto segment, with an 8.5% share expected this year and 9.9% share by the year 2026. At the heart of this growth are the myriad number of new sensors, analog devices, controllers & optoelectronics being incorporated into most new vehicles. Moreover, the rise of hybrid and allelectric vehicle sales worldwide is adding to this forecast growth.
1664400379542.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

cosors

👀
There is a webinar with linked hardware on their homepage with this date.
https://www.renesas.com/us/en/webinars
Sep 28, 2022:
https://www.renesas.com/us/en/products/microcontrollers-microprocessors

I don't know whether we are involved or not or I can't find any clues. I have too little knowledge to identify us in the mountain of infos.

Another webinar deals with the topic Renesas Voice UI Hands‑On Lab:
https://info.renesas.com/en-ra-voice-kit-workshop-webinar
Voice & Face Recognition page.

You can read more on this in a recent blog by Renesas executive vice president Sailesh Chittipeddi:
"Learning at the Edge: Building Intelligence into the Industrial IoT Endpoint"
Sailesh Chittipeddi: That is evolving as designers incorporate more advanced MCUs, MPUs and Neural Processing Units (NPUs) capable of running artificial intelligence algorithms and complex compute functions. Even so, these single-core processors were only able to perform jobs sequentially, first sensing the data, and then processing it before sending an instruction to the actuator. The future of IIoT will evolve into multi-core CPUs, multi-threaded neural processing units, and even low-power, cost-efficient FPGAs driving parallel operations to multiple sensors and actuators. This is the intelligence that’s moving toward the IIoT endpoint. This is what will enable automated systems to locally handle most AI-centric workloads below 10 Tera Operations Per Second (TOPS).

But here, too, I lack the background knowledge to clearly identify us. For me it's like a rabbit hole. Another link and another advert and there again a link and the next article. I think if it's pre-trained on a board that doesn't rule it out but makes it less likely? The datasheets also overwhelm me. If someone with more knowledge than me would look at it. Maybe there is something to find here if not already done. I have now read in circles and I'm glad I found the exit. First I get myself a beer 😅
I think if it's pre-trained on a board that doesn't rule it out
The comment is nonsense on my part. How should "Hey Mercedes" work differently on a new vehicle except with pre training.

Reactions: 3 users

JK200SX

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Naveed Sherwani writes (Chairman, President & CEO at RapidSilicon)

One of the most fascinating companies of our times is ARM.

Almost all aspects of computing world from small embedded applications to cell phone chips , networking chips and now server chips are based on ARM IP.

It is story of grit and preservation over 35+ years. With slow growth in beginning to hockey stick in recent years.

So how did it start ?

It all started with Acron computers looking for an alternative CPU in 1983.

This is a great read for computer architecture fans.

Special thanks to our friend Maureen Blando For brining this story to our attention.

Article:
A history of ARM, part 1: Building the first chip

Jeremy Reimer

It was 1983, and Acorn Computers was on top of the world. Unfortunately, trouble was just around the corner.
The small UK company was famous for winning a contract with the British Broadcasting Corporation to produce a computer for a national television show. Sales of its BBC Micro were skyrocketing and on pace to exceed 1.2 million units.

But the world of personal computers was changing. The market for cheap 8-bit micros that parents would buy to help kids with their homework was becoming saturated. And new machines from across the pond, like the IBM PC and the upcoming Apple Macintosh, promised significantly more power and ease of use. Acorn needed a way to compete, but it didn’t have much money for research and development.

A seed of an idea

Sophie Wilson, one of the designers of the BBC Micro, had anticipated this problem. She had added a slot called the “Tube” that could connect to a more powerful central processing unit. A slotted CPU could take over the computer, leaving its original 6502 chip free for other tasks.

But what processor should she choose? Wilson and co-designer Steve Furber considered various 16-bit options, such as Intel’s 80286, National Semiconductor’s 32016, and Motorola’s 68000. But none were completely satisfactory.

In a later interview with the Computing History Museum, Wilson explained, “We could see what all these processors did and what they didn’t do. So the first thing they didn’t do was they didn’t make good use of the memory system. The second thing they didn’t do was that they weren’t fast; they weren’t easy to use. We were used to programming the 6502 in the machine code, and we rather hoped that we could get to a power level such that if you wrote in a higher level language you could achieve the same types of results.”

But what was the alternative? Was it even thinkable for tiny Acorn to make its own CPU from scratch? To find out, Wilson and Furber took a trip to National Semiconductor’s factory in Israel. They saw hundreds of engineers and a massive amount of expensive equipment. This confirmed their suspicions that such a task might be beyond them.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

cosors

👀
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

AARONASX

Holding onto what I've got

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

clip

Regular
I don't think Akida is being implemented in any of the above Sony products. Happy to be proven wrong.

Also, nice market bounce last night. Will be nice to see BRN in the green again hopefully.
From a Corporate Identity standpoint, AKIDA could very well fit in a Playstation product, for its more coolish, technoid, futuristic image than Nintendo.
Sony released the Playstation5 just two years ago. It will take a few years from now, until they will release a Ps6.
With implementing AKIDA into peripherals, like a controller, they can compete with Nintendo.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
From a Corporate Identity standpoint, AKIDA could very well fit in a Playstation product, for its more coolish, technoid, futuristic image than Nintendo.
Sony released the Playstation5 just two years ago. It will take a few years from now, until they will release a Ps6.
With implementing AKIDA into peripherals, like a controller, they can compete with Nintendo.
As much as I would like to see it in their peripherals, I have seen nothing that leads me to believe Akida is being utilised in their existing or upcoming products.

I think it is more likely that the next Nintendo console will implement Akida in some way, through Megachips of course.

PS6 is a long way off, at least 5 or 6 years based on previous console life cycles.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Mugen74

Regular
Are they all cross trades?

Maybe someone here knows something about accumulation systems, but looks to me (and I know next to nothing) that maybe a broker's client, has made a deal with another client, of the same broker, to accumulate a set number of shares at an agreed price.

So the buying client, uses their algos or whatever, to accumulate and then the broker regularily does the cross trades, to the other client?

Why wouldn't it just be a direct thing?
Maybe the end client, has big pockets, but not the tools to accumulate, without raising the price?

Could this have something to do with an overseas client?
Yes DB all special cross trades.I have no idea.

Reactions: 7 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
Seriously I know @DingoBorat ‘s heart was in the right place but what good can come of Brainchip being advertised across Australia as the Number 1 Gainer on the ASX200.

Who knows what sort of bean counter type bores will see that and do a deep dive into the company and discover what a sleeping giant it is becoming across the technology world.

Next thing they will be recommending BRNASX to golf partners and dinner guests and worse still clients.

We will then have new posters telling us how they heard about BRNASX from their accountants.😞

Mark my words no good at all will come from this.

MF is doing its best to bury these stories and facts but try as they might I think it will now be too little too late.

Whether we like it or not we are likely going to make a lot of money.

My very sad opinion only so DYOR
(Try to ignore the note at the bottom of the page that the share price went up 7.23% yesterday.)
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
As an accountant, I feel personally offended by this.

</3

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
It is a shame when anyone feels uncomfortable in an open chat. I have been a reader for a long time now and can’t see the benefit of anyone being critical of others point of view, information unless it helps with the discussion. Tech is a fountain of knowledge, keep it up.

• Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

clip

Regular
As much as I would like to see it in their peripherals, I have seen nothing that leads me to believe Akida is being utilised in their existing or upcoming products.

I think it is more likely that the next Nintendo console will implement Akida in some way, through Megachips of course.

PS6 is a long way off, at least 5 or 6 years based on previous console life cycles.
Want to recommend this thread, which I found only two days ago:

Its 22 vs. 3 for Sony :) based on references and dotjoining.
I know, Sony does more than consoles (tvs, cameras). But there has been more proven references for SNN and neuromorphic computing for Sony than Nintendo so far.
Sony could get AKIDA earlier in its peripherals.
Nintendo has the advantage, that they can possibly build the whole console/platform based on AKIDA, when it will be released in 2023/24.

Happy to see AKIDA in both platforms :)

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
What super hero do you think he is, and why.....:)
View attachment 17591

Find this video, using the link below:

(Navigate through to the Edge AI & Vision Alliance Playlist)

View attachment 17590
As offended as all the bankers, lawyers and accountants may be their love of money is going to see them all watch the Rob Telson presentation because it has toy trains, drones and beer and is probably the most concise confidence building presentation on why we are now all wearing brown cardigans and drinking fine brandy by the fire even in the tropics.

Thank you @JK200SX for sharing this must watch video link.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 21 users
As an accountant, I feel personally offended by this.

</3
You should read what he has said about lawyers. Absolutely disgusting. 😂🤣😂😎🤡

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Lex555

Regular
Interesting Volvo dot connecting @Bravo
My first thought was maybe they got a little marketing inspiration too from our cloud free Future design 😁

CA765666-9DA3-419F-BB57-F77785E4BB4C.jpeg
31E858CD-EF92-44C7-B1E9-1E18BF056EAD.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom