BRN Discussion Ongoing

Good on you Bravo, i hope the chatter at canteen time revolved around Brn words which may have given you some strange looks. I too did the overtime and scribbled stuff if i can read it, here goes -
14.10 top right picture te good ol words SENSOR FUSION
39.31 PLC my flavor of the month letters
41.47 Ola Kallenius Mercedes Benz
42.15 (i wrote yes yes yes) though now i can't remember why, must have been having a yes moment.
42.49 The digital cockpit
47.45 Gen4 occupant monitoring
53.00 Amazon (one of my loves)
53.55 Ride Platform (I like it alot)
57.05 top right again Sensor fusion
59.55 was something cause i wrote the time
1.01 Valeo -Sensors
1.03.10 The speaker is clearly heard saying "When we partnered with Valeo '
1.04.05 Volvo, Mercedes,GM, Vw
1.09 Super compute (i like too)
1.09 Sensor Fusion
1.10.40 High performance compute at the edge on low power, !!!!!
1.10.46 gulps lost is words saying ahhh and moves on quickly (Ff thinks mumbled word was envelope, i think it was AKIDA 🤣

Now with my rosary beads on hand yes im praying but quietly confident that at the edge, low power is us. And the words Sensor fusion is no co-incidence when our top guy said remember the words Sensor fusion. So digest the above overtime i did with the scribbled notes and who's with me? 🤣🤣🤣😀
1.10.46 low power on the edge compute was “envelope” sorry. What he did say was we will here more on this at CES. So. Hopefully a big reveal of Akida Jan 5 2023. Don’t think I can wait that long. I prefer to just think that it’s a given now that Mercedes has announced they will be using Snapdragon in the digital cockpit. Edit. Digital Chassis

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
When I read all the speculation regarding links to customers or concerns that Brainchip may have been replaced by another player on a known automotive project I remember the following:

1. AKIDA TM & IP are processor agnostic - meaning they can work with Nvidia, ARM or Qualcomm processors and any RISC-V;

2. AKIDA TM & IP are sensor agnostic - meaning every type of sensor from Cameras, DVS, LiDAR, Radar & Ultrasonics used in automotive applications;

3. The CEO Sean Hehir said the following at the AGM:

“When I started to evaluate joining BrainChip I started with the technology. Being a Silicon Valley based executive I had easy access to some of the world’s best technical minds who I engaged to evaluate the core technology. The overwhelming feedback was the technology is visionary in its design, unparalleled in flexibility, and transformative in performance.

As the engagement progressed, I met with many of the core team members and concluded that I had never met a more talented, dedicated, and focused group of individuals in all my years in the technology business.”

4. Mercedes Benz are still listed on Brainchips website as trusting Brainchip and are on record as describing Brainchip as the artificial intelligence experts and AKIDA as offering up to 10 times better performance than competitor solutions;

5. On NVISO’s presentation it shows AKIDA offering at least ten times better performance on fps than Jetson Nano 1000 -v- 100;

6. Both ARM and SiFive have partnered with Brainchip since the Mercedes Benz reveal and confirm the Brainchip claim that AKIDA is processor agnostic;

7. The CEO Sean Hehir stated in a presentation that they continue to work with Mercedes Benz and in the most recent presentations this month Mercedes Benz still features.

8. Brainchip has partnered with Prophesee and AKIDA TM & IP have been confirmed as agnostic;

9. Brainchip announced Valeo as an EAP customer in 2020 and continues to state on the website that they are trusted by Valeo and Valeo also continues to appear in slides at Brainchip presentations;

10. Sensor Fusion is integral to the Mercedes’ Benz multi sensor redundancy approach to safe autonomy at highway speeds and AKIDA TM & IP offers this opportunity as it can process cameras, DVS, Radar, LiDAR and Ultrasonics;

So just as I said to @MC🐠 a couple of years ago it continues to be the case that I see dots joining Brainchip and its AKIDA TM & IP under every rock, behind every door and under every bed in the automotive industry and why would I not when it is “visionary in its design, unparalleled in flexibility, and transformative in performance.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 97 users

Kachoo

Regular
When I read all the speculation regarding links to customers or concerns that Brainchip may have been replaced by another player on a known automotive project I remember the following:

1. AKIDA TM & IP are processor agnostic - meaning they can work with Nvidia, ARM or Qualcomm processors and any RISC-V;

2. AKIDA TM & IP are sensor agnostic - meaning every type of sensor from Cameras, DVS, LiDAR, Radar & Ultrasonics used in automotive applications;

“When I started to evaluate joining BrainChip I started with the technology. Being a Silicon Valley based executive I had easy access to some of the world’s best technical minds who I engaged to evaluate the core technology. The overwhelming feedback was the technology is visionary in its design, unparalleled in flexibility, and transformative in performance.

As the engagement progressed, I met with many of the core team members and concluded that I had never met a more talented, dedicated, and focused group of individuals in all my years in the technology business.”

4. Mercedes Benz are still listed on Brainchips website as trusting Brainchip and are on record as describing Brainchip as the artificial intelligence experts and AKIDA as offering up to 10 times better performance than competitor solutions;

5. On NVISO’s presentation it shows AKIDA offering at least ten times better performance on fps than Jetson Nano 1000 -v- 100;

6. Both ARM and SiFive have partnered with Brainchip since the Mercedes Benz reveal and confirm the Brainchip claim that AKIDA is processor agnostic;

7. The CEO Sean Hehir stated in a presentation that they continue to work with Mercedes Benz and in the most recent presentations this month Mercedes Benz still features.

8. Brainchip has partnered with Prophesee and AKIDA TM & IP have been confirm as agnostic;

9. Brainchip announced Valeo as an EAP customer in 2020 and continues to state on the website that they are trusted by Valeo and Valeo also continues to appear in slides at Brainchip presentations;

10. Sensor Fusion is integral to the Mercedes’ Benz multi sensor redundancy approach to autonomy at highway speeds and AKIDA TM & IP offers this opportunity as it can process cameras, DVS, Radar, LiDAR and Ultrasonics;

So just as I said to @MC🐠 a couple of years ago it continues to be the case that I see dots joining Brainchip and its AKIDA TM & IP under every rock, behind every door and under every bed in the automotive industry and why would I not when it is “visionary in its design, unparalleled in flexibility, and transformative in performance.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
You did not mention the other important link. BRN have increased staffing levels by several folds over the last few years.

We only hear of the upper management side of hiring.

This is directly proportional to work activity. When silicon valley is trimming staff BRN are adding staff. Why would they do that. We have more work to do or let's be reckless with our money?

I will point out that leadership criticism is high on activity reporting. Well this will only point to 2 options. 1 they are busy and working on confidential projects. 2 they have nothing decieded to hire more personal to make it look like they are busy and keep stretching the truth about the partnerships. Which one do you believe in.

I'm happy to wait and see how we perform the quarters from the next one into 2024. The timeline shifts are frustrating to all believe me I would rather we a 2 dollar sp the account would look richer. But even at that price I would not be a seller I have a much higher value that would trugger me to sell. Yes i would be happier mentally at a 2 dollar price but I also view it like this.

If I buy 4000 shares at 80 some cents because of the bear market and economic uncertainty today or next week. The value in say 3 years is 10 dollars my opinion then I just turned 3200 dollars to 40000 in my view that's amazing. If I can dedicate that amount not worry about my life style it's and amazing return. IMO

You can use whatever value you are comfortable with in your financial situation even if it's a doubles thats very good based on mutual funds and other investment tools. This ideology is based on my belief in the tech and the adoption of Akida. Which is evident at the begging of this long winded post lol.

Regardless of this journey it has tought me lots like many other I would say. I feel I have grown and learnt so much from the value that posters have provided and the links read and research I did on the company and personnel involved.

Many poster have impacted in the way I view and process the data before me. Thanks.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

TECH

Regular

8. Brainchip has partnered with Prophesee and AKIDA TM & IP have been confirmed as agnostic;

10. Sensor Fusion is integral to the Mercedes’ Benz multi sensor redundancy approach to safe autonomy at highway speeds and AKIDA TM & IP offers this opportunity as it can process cameras, DVS, Radar, LiDAR and Ultrasonics;

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Good morning FF.......once again an excellent summary based on FACTS....I love it !

It's only a matter of time, which at present is the hardest thing to predict, Brainchip staff can only control what they can control, and from
what I hear, that's simply continuing to work really hard as a team, the company's work ethic over many years, really speaks for itself.

Have a relaxing Sunday All.

Tech x

• Love
Reactions: 39 users
One for the 1,000 Eyes:

“The DRC300 is the next stage in Makita’s evolution of automated cleaning products!

Equipped with a LiDar sensor and Camera sensor, the DRC300 can map up to 10,000m2 of space across 5 different rooms and memorize the best cleaning path for the most efficient clean.”

I have Makita tools and receive new product emails. This one turned up this morning and they are taking advanced orders for 2023(everything is happening in 2023).

I have had a look but little information but the 200 model has about half the capacity and performance of this new model.

Makita is a Japanese firm and this does sensor fusion using a camera and LiDAR and as I said is a significant upgrade over previous model.

These are my only known facts so maybe an absolute dead end.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Adam

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Kachoo

Regular
One for the 1,000 Eyes:

“The DRC300 is the next stage in Makita’s evolution of automated cleaning products!

Equipped with a LiDar sensor and Camera sensor, the DRC300 can map up to 10,000m2 of space across 5 different rooms and memorize the best cleaning path for the most efficient clean.”

I have Mikita tools and receive new product emails. This one turned up this morning and they are taking advanced orders for 2023(everything is happening in 2023).

I have had a look but little information but the 200 model has about half the capacity and performance of this new model.

Mikita is a Japanese firm and this does sensor fusion using a camera and LiDAR and as I said is a significant upgrade over previous model.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Yeah love the electric range they have. I went electric after I moved to the new house will never go back. Bosch and Makita do the work. Lol

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Baisyet

Regular
One for the 1,000 Eyes:

I have Mikita tools and receive new product emails. This one turned up this morning and they are taking advanced orders for 2023(everything is happening in 2023).

Mikita is a Japanese firm and this does sensor fusion using a camera and LiDAR and as I said is a significant upgrade over previous model.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
On that note FF yesterday i had to company family member to Toyota dealer as he wanted to buy a car. So after doing test drive and all. we sat down to Sales Manager and he was explaining different model of corolla and how long it will take for them to deliver a car. What was surprising is the new model of Corolla is due in and he said there is service for Subscription which is like to track your car, how harsh have you been driving , or the braking history. And the one caught my attention was you can customize your car with your voice recognition and he said with AI and i said is it like Hey Mercedes and he said yes with AI which will know you, Cheers

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 29 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
One for the 1,000 Eyes:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I cant use Makita products because everytime I do I get this guy popping up at my place

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users

MDhere

Regular
1.10.46 low power on the edge compute was “envelope” sorry. What he did say was we will here more on this at CES. So. Hopefully a big reveal of Akida Jan 5 2023. Don’t think I can wait that long. I prefer to just think that it’s a given now that Mercedes has announced they will be using Snapdragon in the digital cockpit. Edit. Digital Chassis
Yes after tryimg to work out that word i did hear him mumble the more on this at Ces but with my hearing the ces was as mumbled as "envelope" maybe he was ushed the word envelope meaning shut the f up cause yr saying top much akready 😀

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
Now the other fascinating things is that that he begins to talk about the the collaboration between BMW and Qualcomm in developing Snapdragon Ride. Qualcomm and BMW jointly own the IP and it sounds like after the launch in 2025, Qualcomm will then fully own the IP (have I got this right?) and they will be able to scale it up to other OEM's.

Check out the slide from the video which shows logo's from all the sensor providers. Yes, I highlighted Valeo to make it a little easier for everyone.

Then when the guy from BMW came on it occurred to me that the “Neue Klasse” platform is actually the Snapdragon Ride platform, or visa-versa, if that makes sense. And then I started going crossed-eyed because I was trying to work out what the heck was going on. And then I remembered the Valeo, Qualcomm, BMW collaboration on the “Neue Klasse” platform (see below). And I got really excited becase all of the peices of the jigsaw were falling into place.

Hey Bravo, I agree the BMW link was very exciting to discover.
Dont forget the BRN demo last year involved a BMW.
Here is an excert from my ramblings on the Qualcomm thread from Friday containing that demo

Now Qualcomm have developed their Snapdragon digital chassis in partnership with BMW

Automotive achievement from Qualcomm
Qualcomm have partnered with BMW to build a platform that can be shared with any OEM to utilize/connect with their systems.
“Open scalable over the air upgradable platform for ADAS software”
Qualcomm have built a one stop shop for all OEM needs, this has been tested with BMW and now made available for all OEMs going forward o connect to their systems.
This brings me back to this fond memory which clearly links Akida to BMW testing:

BRN demonstrates Smart Automotive
So Blind Freddie can see this.
BMW designed, in partnership with Qualcomm the snap dragon digital chassis which Qualcomm have facilitated distribution to achieve this:

1663904295391.png

Automotive achievements from Qualcomm in 10 months he said

Im sure you agree the time you are spending slaving away at this big peice of work (Presentation) was worth it.
I found it to be extremely exciting. So many doors So many possibilities and all are such a good fit for our disruptive way of compute.

Bring the next 2 promised patents that protect AKIDA that give us the next 5 years of revenue bliss and first advantage.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

MDhere

Regular
20220925_113111.jpg

20220925_114504.jpg

Attachments

• 20220925_113111.jpg
    20220925_113111.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 68
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users
I have been discussing shorts with my son and he has convinced me that only in the most extraordinary of circumstances will the sophisticated high roller short ever be squeezed.

I mentioned that I trade from time to time and while it might seem like boasting my son and I by applying a no risk trading policy have never had a bad trade. What is our no risk trading policy well for us it is one where we only trade when even Blind Freddie can see the trade. In consequence we can go weeks without trading.

Sophisticated high roller shorts can adopt the same approach. The formula is simple.

1. Find good quality early stage growth companies with existing Institutional shareholders who lend to shorts.

2. Take out a short position on a price pump and sell into that pump.

3. After that pump against known global market conditions watch price retreat to where it should be and if a Blind Freddie event like a Fed rate rise or a war drives the price even lower all the better,

4. Go to the broker who handles past capital raises for the company they are short on and say we would like to offer ourselves as a cornerstone investor on ‘x’ terms that just happen to match the number of short positions they hold.

5. The broker then goes to the growth company with the offer and sell the raise based on a nice discount to the prevailing price plus some cheesy free options to sweeten the deal and the company agrees, This quality growth company will invariably have projects it would like to accelerate and free money is extremely attractive and as the company sees it taking free money is in everyone’s best interest including retail shareholders.

6. Surprise trading halt company announces successful capital raise and is very happy to have this free money it was not expecting and which allows them to accelerate growth from a surprise cornerstone investor whose name is never exposed.

7. The sophisticated high roller shorts have bought back their positions at a discount to market immune from any squeeze effect and pocket their super profit from their satisfied short position and light their cigars with the bonus options,

8. Ordinary everyday shorts sell down to the capital raise price and then also close their short positions and walk away with nice profits,

9. Everyone wins, well

10. Sorry except for retail who are now dejected and feeling unloved at the share price much lower than they imagined and finding it hard to believe that all this extra cash in the company’s bank account is good for them,

11. Did I mention the broker who sells the capital raise gets a big fat commission for basically nothing and is grinning till his face hurts.

I do not believe Brainchip is at risk of this because it has the LDA Capital agreement in place so until it uses this up they will not be tempted and LDA Capital made it clear they want to continue to engage beyond the present agreement.

The point is that for 99% of retail shareholders the markets are a very unfriendly place and the only rules that work are to do your own research, only invest what you can afford to have tied up for as long as it takes, have a plan and allow time in the market to take care of your investment.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Howdy All,

This is Bravo reporting for my 5th video-watching shift. 🧐

I wanted to share this little transcript that I wrote of what the dude from Qualcomm whose name escapes me (sorry 🙄) was saying about the Snapdragon Ride Vision stack, which I believe demonstrates one of the ways we fit in, that is to say one of the ways AKIDA fits into the Qualcomm picture, which IMO is in the Co-designed Computer Vision Software and Vision SoC including IMO in the next generation of Valeo’s ultrasonic sensors IMO.

IMO. OMO. HOMO SAPIEN.

( 1.03.05 )

"Moving on to the Snapdragon Ride Vision stack. So what we've done here is, when we partnered with Valeo, one thing was clear was that we needed to co-design the stack and the silicon from a power perspective, from an AI perspective, from being able to maximise the availability of the hardware that we needed from the software requirements that are coming in. And the big advantage that we see here is because this space is so continuously changing, we have the ability to work directly with customers, get new requirements from them, optimise the stack, but optimise it in a way that is best conducive for the hardware IP that we're building. So were able to optimize the utilization of the IP, the power requirements, so it is essentially and end to end system. Think of it like a modem where we have a lot of hardware and software coming together but it is co-designed.

The stack is now in it's 5th generation and it has actually been deployed by Volvo, by Mercedes, by Geely, by BYD, so there's a lot of miles in this stack, a lot of experience in this team. And we are working with many other OEM's including BMW for the next generation. The platform that Ride Vision runs on is an open platform, so wile we provide a vision stack, if you want to be able to bring your own parking stack or run your own drive policy or bring driver monitoring that is something that the platform allows. So it allows us to have an open platform while providing computer vision, it improves the overall (mumble, mumble ??) of the system, it is highly cost optimized for customers looking to select this platform."

Screen Shot 2022-09-25 at 11.14.58 am.png

PS: BTW everyone owes me and @MDhere quite a bit of overtime $$$ for our efforts, but that's OK, we can be paid out in cocktails after the next AGM. 😘🍸

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users
One for the 1,000 Eyes:

I have Makita tools and receive new product emails. This one turned up this morning and they are taking advanced orders for 2023(everything is happening in 2023).

Makita is a Japanese firm and this does sensor fusion using a camera and LiDAR and as I said is a significant upgrade over previous model.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
A couple more dots:

1. Makita has a strategic partnership with Sharp Corporation;

2. Sharp Corporation has a strategic agreement with Renesas.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

MDhere

Regular
A couple more dots:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Akida Makita 🎶 🎶

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

11 min podcast by Ian Drew Foundries IO Chairman. (Liked by Rob).

Iot industry needs to change.

Brainchip not mentioned. More an IOT industry conversation.

Philosophical and developmental discussion about changing IOT manufacturers from verticals scaling to horizontal.

I understood this to mean that he wants to make it easier for different companies to be able to integrate their products to work together and complement each other. E.g. a toaster from Breville can communicate with a fridge from Samsung and a TV from LG.

Or so when you pull up with your car it talks to the garage and opens the roller door and the house turns on the lights/heater/music etc.

Hoping that includes Brainchip as a industrial standard.

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Probably worthless info and likely mentioned already at some stage by longer term holders than myself

Her contribution at BrainChip sounds significant, but not sure this adds to a potential Qualcomm-BrainChip relationship. Timing might not be quite right either 🤷🏼‍♂️

FED52297-B665-459D-A152-50400020B17A.jpeg

68E2CDC7-92DA-4773-98DC-4CBEA9474ECC.jpeg

4CF9F928-C7EC-429A-86B9-B6EADAAA109A.jpeg

87EC9F08-1149-419B-AB56-897847972074.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Reactions: 7 users
A couple more dots:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This is from the fine print in the Sharp and Makita agreement and shows just how closely related the semiconductor industry is behind the corporate veil:

“2. Purpose of and Reason for the Offering for Third-Party Allotment” and “3.(2)
Intended Use of Proceeds” above, the proceeds from the Third-Party Allotment Capital Increase will be allocated to the development of products for Makita using Sharp’s electronics technologies (including its sensor technologies). Additionally, by developing the Robotics business, which is one of the new businesses conceptualized by Sharp, this business alliance will increase Sharp’s corporate value and help sustainable growth. Therefore, Sharp has determined that the number of shares to be issued and the degree of dilution of shares by the Third-Party Capital Allotment Increase, and the total number of shares to be issued and the degree of dilution of shares by the Third-Party Capital Allotment Increase, the DENSO Third- Party Allotment Capital Increase, the LIXIL Third-Party Allotment Capital Increase, the QUALCOMM Second Third- Party Allotment Capital Increase and the Samsung Electronics Japan Third-Party Allotment Capital Increase, are reasonable”

GREASE might have been the word in a musical but ECOSYSTEM is clearly the word in semiconductors.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom