BRN Discussion Ongoing

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
1664002069201.png

Charlotte Frenkel​

Assistant professor at Delft University of Technology, digital and neuromorphic IC design​

Delft, South Holland, Netherlands​

1,516 followers 500+ connections​

Affiliation: Delft University of Technology
Research interests: Neuromorphic Engineering, Spiking Neural Networks, Online Learning, Synaptic Plasticity, Integrated Circuits

dr. Frenkel​

Assistant Professor
Electronic Instrumentation (EI), Department of Microelectronics

Expertise: Digital IC design, neuromorphic engineering and spiking neural networks, neuroscience-inspired machine learning, hardware-algorithm co-design

Biography​

Charlotte Frenkel received the M.Sc. degree (summa cum laude) in Electromechanical Engineering and the Ph.D. degree in Engineering Science from Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain), Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, in 2015 and 2020, respectively. In February 2020, she joined the Institute of Neuroinformatics, University of Zurich and ETH Zurich, Switzerland, as a postdoctoral researcher. In July 2022, she started as an assistant professor in the Electronic Instrumentation group at Delft University of Technology.

Her current research aims at bridging the bottom-up (bio-inspired) and top-down (engineering-driven) design approaches toward neuromorphic intelligence, with a focus on digital spiking neural network processor design, embedded machine learning, and on-chip training algorithms. Direct applications cover adaptive internet of things (IoT) devices, autonomous robotic agents, and biosignal processing.
Dr. Frenkel received a best paper award at the IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) 2020 conference and her Ph.D. thesis was awarded the Nokia Bell Labs Scientific Award 2021, the IBM Innovation Award 2021 and the UCLouvain/ICTEAM Best Thesis Award 2021. She serves as a TPC member for the tinyML Research Symposium 2022, the IEEE European Solid-State Circuits Conference (ESSCIRC) 2022, the ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low-Power Electronics (ISLPED) 2022, as a member of the neuromorphic systems and architecture technical committee of the IEEE CAS society since 2021, and as a reviewer for various conferences and journals, including the IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks and Learning Syst., IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Syst. I/II, IEEE Trans. on Biomed. Circuits and Syst., Nature, Nature Electronics, and Nature Machine Intelligence. She presented several invited talks, including three keynotes at the tinyML EMEA technical forum 2021, at the Neuro-Inspired Computational Elements (NICE) neuromorphic conference 2021, and at Neuromorphic Computing Netherlands (NCN) 2022. She is the chair of the tinyML initiative on neuromorphic engineering and is a program co-chair of the NICE conference 2023.

Prospective self-motivated BSc/MSc/PhD students are always welcome to send an e-mail to discuss research opportunities in my lab, both for their main academic curriculum and for open curiosity-driven side projects.

Last updated: 4 Sep 2022

Christian K. Machens​

Researcher
1664002178993.jpeg

Citations: 4,766
h-index: 28
Affiliation: Champalimaud Neuroscience Programme
Research interests: Computational Neuroscience, Theoretical Neuroscience

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Kachoo

Regular
Tell this anyone who bought right at / after the Merc hype...
I don't want to sound harsh but they buyers that jumped on the FOMO have them selves to blame. It's not BRN's fault the price went that high it's done by the same group of manipulators that play the short side. Traders need volitility to make a return either way.

If you invested in the hype you have 2 choices wait it out add if you believe in the product. Second choice sell and never look back. Crying and complaining will not get you anywhere nor blaming on the lack of news. You know on a percentage basis people bought in the 20 cent range to see it drop to 3 cent range and many of these long term holders held out. Maybe added or not I don't know.

Then I remember the old financing BRN did at 6 cents that caused the stock to drop well below that range. Many said why would I buy the share holder PP offering when I could buy on market cheaper. Well many long term holders did buy the CR shares as it was explained tgat their allotment went directly to the company's bank not a traders account. For the record I did not buy as my financial situation was crap. I remember Factfinder stating that this was the better angle to by the CR if you have money.

Well move forward to today the company has a healthy bank account feel confident in up comming revenue to cover costs of operations. This poor market environment has been around now for over 6 months if the Board and Mangement felt that money would have been an issue they would have done a CR again at higher prices likely but they feel confident. Then again I think we have one more LDA round to happen. But the fact remains there does not seam to be an issue.

To lay blame on the company or management for delays that litterly are out of anyone's control is not acting like an adult for your choice and action. Does it suck yes I have bough many times shares in companies that then fell apart I don't even remember all of them unsold and moved on and focused my future on what i thought would benifit me. If you believe that this product is superior then you will make more money in the future when you sell.

I have had trading parcels but have also kept and grown my core shares count over the years. I even have bought at 1.50 I don't come out and blame someone that was my decision. IMO I don't want less then 10 dollars a share and even then infidel that in the long run that's low based on what this product can do and the size of the market that it can reach and even develop.

We are solely responsible for our actions how we behave and how we take on challenges and issues life throws to us. I always tell my kids they are responsible for their action not when she or he did this and made me do that lol.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

equanimous

Rskiff

Regular
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Proga

Regular
OK, I just finished the 3rd video-watching shift and now I'm owed double overtime otherwise known as double-bubble.

Maybe someone else can check what I am saying here in case I'm reading too much into things. If you start watching at 1:02:200 the dude from Qualcomm whose name escapes me (sorry), says that the neural network IP blocks are highly scalable because they have to support every possible performance requirement. He also says that they have 4 dedicated AI accelerators and he says a little later that these accelerators are what allows them to reach Level 3-4.

Now the other fascinating things is that that he begins to talk about the the collaboration between BMW and Qualcomm in developing Snapdragon Ride. Qualcomm and BMW jointly own the IP and it sounds like after the launch in 2025, Qualcomm will then fully own the IP (have I got this right?) and they will be able to scale it up to other OEM's.

Check out the slide from the video which shows logo's from all the sensor providers. Yes, I highlighted Valeo to make it a little easier for everyone.

Then when the guy from BMW came on it occurred to me that the “Neue Klasse” platform is actually the Snapdragon Ride platform, or visa-versa, if that makes sense. And then I started going crossed-eyed because I was trying to work out what the heck was going on. And then I remembered the Valeo, Qualcomm, BMW collaboration on the “Neue Klasse” platform (see below). And I got really excited becase all of the peices of the jigsaw were falling into place.

But then the whistle blew telling me it was "smoko" and I had to down tools and join everyone else in the canteen.

B 💋

View attachment 17258

View attachment 17262
Just throwing it out there but is it possible MB are using 2 different MBUX versions. 1 for ICE vehicles and another for EV's. I just reading about the new AMG C63 to be release in 2023. The screens are completely different to the EV SUVs they are now producing in the States which go from A pillar to A pillar. They have made the new AMG C63 a hybrid with 4 cylinders instead of the usual 8. I'd still be happy with one parked in my garage.

1664008868913.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
OK, I just finished the 3rd video-watching shift and now I'm owed double overtime otherwise known as double-bubble.

Maybe someone else can check what I am saying here in case I'm reading too much into things. If you start watching at 1:02:200 the dude from Qualcomm whose name escapes me (sorry), says that the neural network IP blocks are highly scalable because they have to support every possible performance requirement. He also says that they have 4 dedicated AI accelerators and he says a little later that these accelerators are what allows them to reach Level 3-4.

Now the other fascinating things is that that he begins to talk about the the collaboration between BMW and Qualcomm in developing Snapdragon Ride. Qualcomm and BMW jointly own the IP and it sounds like after the launch in 2025, Qualcomm will then fully own the IP (have I got this right?) and they will be able to scale it up to other OEM's.

Check out the slide from the video which shows logo's from all the sensor providers. Yes, I highlighted Valeo to make it a little easier for everyone.

Then when the guy from BMW came on it occurred to me that the “Neue Klasse” platform is actually the Snapdragon Ride platform, or visa-versa, if that makes sense. And then I started going crossed-eyed because I was trying to work out what the heck was going on. And then I remembered the Valeo, Qualcomm, BMW collaboration on the “Neue Klasse” platform (see below). And I got really excited becase all of the peices of the jigsaw were falling into place.

But then the whistle blew telling me it was "smoko" and I had to down tools and join everyone else in the canteen.

B 💋

View attachment 17258

View attachment 17262

Well done with all your research @Bravo!

If….. If Qualcomm are including Akida nodes in their vehicle platform with Valeo then that’s my retirement completely sorted!

I think Qualcomm, like Renesas would prefer their own products such as the Qualcomm neural processing SDK for AI to improve profit margins however efficiency and power saving scales of magnitude Mercedes claim may be too good to pass up.

I’m don’t have enough technical understanding to know if their SDK would replace Akida or assist Akida’s implementation as I think their SDK is software as their website says it supports numerous Snapdragon CPUs in which case they might have a use for us?

I hope we’re included in their ecosystem as that would also move us closer to finding a home in phones.

As it’s only an “IF” at this stage I wouldn’t invest purely on the likelihood where in Qualcomms platform however it would be massive cream on top to find we are!

Given the massive $$$ invested by the companies and possible returns I completely understand NDAs to obtain a competitive edge!

Anyway, great digging Bravo and thanks for sharing!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

Proga

Regular
Just throwing it out there but is it possible MB are using 2 different MBUX versions. 1 for ICE vehicles and another for EV's. I just reading about the new AMG C63 to be release in 2023. The screens are completely different to the EV SUVs they are now producing in the States which go from A pillar to A pillar. They have made the new AMG C63 a hybrid with 4 cylinders instead of the usual 8. I'd still be happy with one parked in my garage.

View attachment 17264

Following on from the above, The first EQS to land in Australia is the highest-performance version, hailing from and being tuned by AMG: enter the 2022 Mercedes-AMG EQS53 4MATIC Plus, to give the $328,400 machine its full name.

It has the bullet train screen going from A pillar to A pillar. The C-class is a mid size vehicle while the EQS is a large size vehicle which may have something to do with the different screens. But I've noticed the EV C-class vehicles have the 3 screens behind a glass between the A pillars but not in the bullet train shape. Notice the right hand drive below.

1664010126576.png

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Dhm

Regular
Should we possibly get excited about this? It mentions things we like to hear like sensors and gestures. And, of course, Edge Impulse. I’ve moved some champagne into the fridge just in case
1A42E068-03FD-4686-98AF-0C79CEEB4C44.png

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users
Should we possibly get excited about this? It mentions things we like to hear like sensors and gestures.
View attachment 17266
Hi @Dhm,

I went through Apples patent the other night and it does discuss neural networks however they were of the CNN type.

I would have thought if Apple were going to the trouble to patent something applicable to us they would have included SNN.

We can convert CNN but I ask if they intended using us why not include it in the patent.

So my excitement dimmed. 😞

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

Zedjack33

Regular
Oh please please.

Attachments

• 35D2C8E4-43CD-4BCB-8042-02931C5642E6.png
    35D2C8E4-43CD-4BCB-8042-02931C5642E6.png
    477.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Love

TECH

Regular
The matter of a Capital Raise and/or a takeover have been raised numerous times.

I will stick with my view that the world markets have at least another 15% correction to play out in this unfolding cycle, which as I
have mentioned a few times, is a healthy situation long term...as many have pointed out over the years, markets and real estate are
the two best indicators of long-term performance, ultimately outperforming all other sectors.

The younger you are, the more "Big Wednesday" waves you can ride out, because the up and down pattern will just keep repeating
over the years ahead.

I also believe that the Brainchip short-term share price will feel the pressure, it simply can't avoid it, based on a number of factors,
including some of these, possibly....

1. World Financial Instability.

2. The constant threat of a Major War breaking out in a number of hot spots globally.

3. The real threat of a nuclear situation escalating quickly.

4. The collapse of the World Monetary System.

I have informed the forum that I was told that the company currently has adequate funds, and isn't considering a Capital Raise,
though is watching the market for opportunities.

To fulfill our agreement with LDR Capital, we must raise $15 Million AUD by 31 December 2023, so it's appearing very obvious at
the present moment in a trend heading south that you wouldn't make the decision to call it now, maybe when and if we move north
of $2.00 it would be a good time to let that all play out, hence issuing around 60% less shares than based on today's share value,
factoring in also the discount that we give LDR Capital at the time.

Just trying to keep things "real"......

Definitely 100% backing Brainchip to succeed, and if our company doesn't, be assured, no other company in this space will either.

Purely my opinion......right or wrong, it's just an opinion.

Tech

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 33 users
The matter of a Capital Raise and/or a takeover have been raised numerous times.

I will stick with my view that the world markets have at least another 15% correction to play out in this unfolding cycle, which as I
have mentioned a few times, is a healthy situation long term...as many have pointed out over the years, markets and real estate are
the two best indicators of long-term performance, ultimately outperforming all other sectors.

The younger you are, the more "Big Wednesday" waves you can ride out, because the up and down pattern will just keep repeating
over the years ahead.

I also believe that the Brainchip short-term share price will feel the pressure, it simply can't avoid it, based on a number of factors,

2. The constant threat of a Major War breaking out in a number of hot spots globally.

I have informed the forum that I was told that the company currently has adequate funds, and isn't considering a Capital Raise,

To fulfill our agreement with LDR Capital, we must raise $15 Million AUD by 31 December 2023, so it's appearing very obvious at
the present moment in a trend heading south that you wouldn't make the decision to call it now, maybe when and if we move north
of $2.00 it would be a good time to let that all play out, hence issuing around 60% less shares than based on today's share value,

Definitely 100% backing Brainchip to succeed, and if our company doesn't, be assured, no other company in this space will either.

Tech
Gee Tech. Another gloomy downbeat post.

Forgive me. Don’t think I am picking on you. But…….,, some could think that your account has been hacked by Shareman. Or. Instead of the self proclaimed close friend of Brainchip staff, the insider, the man who is in the know, the drop in visitor for a coffee with the key personnel. You may be just an ordinary Joe Blo like the rest of us and have no free king idea!

You have come out recently with some doom and gloom shit. Gee. Even for someone who had some idea of what’s going on. You were saying no income this side of 2023. Then BRN comes out with licence income from Megachips. Product sales and engineering fees. Whaaat. Income. No he said.

Cmon man. Get of the grass and mix it with the people who are doing the hard yards. Stop guessing and making out like you know.

Ps. LDR. I think you of all people know it is LDA.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 37 users
Some people should keep it real and admit they've sold shares and are looking to get back in cheaper, or are just looking to buy cheaper shares..

Couldn't be more bloody obvious if ya tried @TECH 🙄..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

equanimous

over the years ahead.

Tech
What pair of shorts you wearing there Tech? Motley brand?

1664017839215.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Kachoo

Regular
I don't think the recession will really stop the shift of new products comming out. I see that sales may be lower compared to a vibrant economy. I'm confident merc BMW and many more will continue to innovate they need to be the front runner. So sales will increase maybe not as fast but compared to our current ones it will be a big difference.

I really think people are too gloomy on the economic front it's sad but wars create debt and stimulate the economy it's a know factor. It's only the people common people that suffer. The war was senseless I'm still shocked that it started. Though I think it will end up creating a new type of government in Russia eventually.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Kachoo

Regular
Some people should keep it real and admit they've sold shares and are looking to get back in cheaper, or are just looking to buy cheaper shares..

Couldn't be more bloody obvious if ya tried @TECH 🙄..
I believe many not pointing fingers, are trying to get in cheaper. It's human nature right they can buy more shares why not.

The problem will only surface when everyone wants to buy back. You can see when just a few buyers are buying then the alogs run the price very fast.

There are not too many shares for sale really any more just they are being bought buy institutions.

My thought is that institutions missed out on the early days of BRN and now see it for what it is and are trying to get a piece of the pie.

All I know it takes less volume to raise the price 10 cents then to drop it 10 cents. That said one day I hope to be holding my brn with price fluctuation of a dollar lol.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
I believe many not pointing fingers, are trying to get in cheaper. It's human nature right they can buy more shares why not.

The problem will only surface when everyone wants to buy back. You can see when just a few buyers are buying then the alogs run the price very fast.

There are not too many shares for sale really any more just they are being bought buy institutions.

My thought is that institutions missed out on the early days of BRN and now see it for what it is and are trying to get a piece of the pie.

All I know it takes less volume to raise the price 10 cents then to drop it 10 cents. That said one day I hope to be holding my brn with price fluctuation of a dollar lol.
The shorters are providing plenty of opportunities, for anyone wanting to buy shares..

They're practically throwing them away, as if they paid nothing for them at all..

Hey wait a minute 🤔..

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

MDhere

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love

MDhere

Regular

B 💋

View attachment 17258

View attachment 17262
Good on you Bravo, i hope the chatter at canteen time revolved around Brn words which may have given you some strange looks. I too did the overtime and scribbled stuff if i can read it, here goes -
14.10 top right picture te good ol words SENSOR FUSION
39.31 PLC my flavor of the month letters
41.47 Ola Kallenius Mercedes Benz
42.15 (i wrote yes yes yes) though now i can't remember why, must have been having a yes moment.
42.49 The digital cockpit
47.45 Gen4 occupant monitoring
53.00 Amazon (one of my loves)
53.55 Ride Platform (I like it alot)
57.05 top right again Sensor fusion
59.55 was something cause i wrote the time
1.01 Valeo -Sensors
1.03.10 The speaker is clearly heard saying "When we partnered with Valeo '
1.04.05 Volvo, Mercedes,GM, Vw
1.09 Super compute (i like too)
1.09 Sensor Fusion
1.10.40 High performance compute at the edge on low power, !!!!!
1.10.46 gulps lost is words saying ahhh and moves on quickly (Ff thinks mumbled word was envelope, i think it was AKIDA 🤣

Now with my rosary beads on hand yes im praying but quietly confident that at the edge, low power is us. And the words Sensor fusion is no co-incidence when our top guy said remember the words Sensor fusion. So digest the above overtime i did with the scribbled notes and who's with me? 🤣🤣🤣😀

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users
Top Bottom