BRN Discussion Ongoing

D

Deleted member 118

Finally the point I wanted others to take on board.

When 94% of shareholders are investors intent on reaping the long term rewards that come with being in on the ground floor of a paradigm shifting technological breakthrough it only takes the 6% who are not investors to manipulate the share price.

I have bought and hold a substantial number of shares but once bought and locked away in my safe they have no further influence on the day to day price of Brainchip.

If there were only 5 million shares in the hands of trader manipulators and every other share was held by locked in investors those 5 million shares will day to day control the share price.

On any given day we are lucky to see volumes above 10 million shares so if an additional 4,000 purchasers stepped up prepared to buy at market the price would explode but once they ran out of money then the 6% would be back in charge.

The problem is none of us have endless spare cash to keep buying five days a week 52 weeks a year.

Presently global circumstances also play in favour of the trader manipulator and tonight on top of recession fear in the US and interest rate adjustments Mr. Puto the defender of democracy has signed a proclamation calling up 300,000 reservatists, threatened he will use nuclear weapons and has called for a fake referendum in occupied territories in Ukrainian and the Secretary General of the UN has given a speech aimed at motivating mass depression about the fate of everyone around the world from famine, cost of food, and non action on climate change.

So with my sails stowed, hatches battened down the sea anchor dropped and a good bottle of scotch handy in case of nuclear Armageddon I have set myself to wait for the storm to blow itself out.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Kachoo

Regular
I will add one more thing that i have learned in my 20 years playing with markets. Mr Market us out to hurt you not make you rich. They challenge your logic thoughts and mental state

Seeing how much stress and abuse and short tempers are out there. This is my indicator that things are about to move.

You either believe in the product and the market it will hit impact and help or you don't. I choose to believe but the fluctuation of share price will happen.

Take a look at Microsoft many years in it a growth it had pull backs of 60 to 70 % that will be like many stocks though there life cycles. But yoi all have to do what you feel is right for you.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Check out this article dated 18 September 2022, entitled - "Mercedes-Benz Boasts Automated Driving Redundancy Strategy, Elon should see it".

Here's two extracts I found particularly interesting, with the entire article following.

Elon should see it, he-he-he!!!

Extract 1

View attachment 17080

Extract 2

View attachment 17079

Earlier this year, in March, Mercedes-Benz announced that it will accept liability if the new S-Class crashes while driving on the company’s Drive Pilot. The system was demonstrated in its automated valet parking mode during the same month and later offered in production cars starting in May 2022. Now, the brand underlined its redundancy strategy.

Mercedes-Benz Boasts Automated Driving Redundancy Strategy, Elon Should See It​

Home > News > Coverstory
18 Sep 2022, 20:04 UTC ·
by Sebastian Toma
author pic

Ever since December 2021, Mercedes-Benz's Drive Pilot has become the world’s first internationally certified SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Level 3 driving system. Initially, it was only available as an option for the EQS and the S-Class in Germany, but its availability was extended to other markets later this year, including the U.S., and its certification level has yet to be matched by any automaker.

Mercedes-Benz is proud of this, as one could imagine, and the company states that it has been possible thanks to its safety-focused approach to system design.

The German marque underlines the use of physical and functional redundancy for steering, braking, power supply, and some parts of the sensor system. In other words, the vehicles that have the system come with backup solutions that work seamlessly when something goes wrong.

For example, all the sensors used for the steering motor, battery, and wheel speed are duplicated for good measure, and the algorithms that make them work have been adapted accordingly. Redundancies in the sensor system have been achieved by blending optical sensors, referred to as cameras, with radio sensors, and LiDAR.

There are even moisture sensors, microphones, and ultrasound sensors that deliver data that even human drivers might not have access to. After all, you have no idea what the outside humidity is like when you drive, but these sensors will know all about it.

Thanks to a suite of computers, the system will never be tired and will always score maximum points at its reaction times, unlike a human driver.

The entire system involves over 30 sensors to make sure that reliable driving is possible with the setup, and we cannot wait to test it out in the real world against other systems that claim to do something similar. Who knows, maybe a large technology supplier might organize a face-off with, say, Tesla’s Autopilot.

Yes, we did it, we mentioned Tesla, and we did that because the American company cannot pride itself on the same certification as Mercedes-Benz painstakingly obtained for its system.

Moreover, Tesla vehicles do not come with LiDAR sensors, so they rely on optical ones, along with a few other sensors, to keep the vehicle on the road. We have seen teardowns of Tesla vehicles, and there is no sign of sensor redundancy strategies.

Coming back to the ‘Benz, the Drive Pilot system has a few limitations, such as velocity, as well as the kind of roads that it can operate on. For example, a Mercedes-Benz with Drive Pilot can have its driver switch the system on to drive the vehicle on highways at speeds of up to 37 mph (ca. 60 kph) when heavy traffic or traffic jams are observed.

As Mercedes-Benz explains, if one part of the system fails, the rest are prepared to help the driver make a safe handover. If the latter is not complied with by the driver, the vehicle is capable of safely coming to a slow and steady stop that does not pose a risk to traffic following behind. The vehicle’s systems then presume that a medical emergency has occurred, and then they notify the driver that an emergency call will be made.

Having experienced an advanced Level 2 system in a Mercedes-Benz, I can say that the vehicle can figure out where it cannot stop and that it will continue to drive with its hazard lights on at a slow pace until it finds a place that it considers suitable to stop.

I did not let the vehicle call the authorities, but it did find a straight piece of road that was far enough from a corner to allow the drivers behind to avoid the vehicle that I was driving.

Returning to the Drive Pilot system, a company official noted that “the use of multiple sensors is particularly indispensable, as it helps them compensate for the situation-dependent deficits of one sensor with the characteristics of another.

Markus Schafer, Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG and Chief Technology Officer, who is also responsible for Development and Procurement, has also noted that “relying on just one type of sensor would not meet Mercedes-Benz's high safety standards.” One can only wonder if the official was thinking of another brand in particular when he made that statement.

For example, the automated parking valet mode, which Mercedes-Benz calls Intelligent Park Pilot (written in FULL CAPS, nonetheless), is a splendid example of SAE Level 4 autonomy, as the company describes, while the Drive Pilot system is Level 3 autonomy according to SAE.

The difference is that Level 4 can operate without a driver behind the wheel in certain conditions. For now, those are limited to parking lots with dedicated sensors, but V2X tech will improve, and the vehicles of the future will be able to park themselves while you are already in line to pick up your latte.

Mercedes-Benz prides itself on installing the technology and sensors for its Intelligent Park Pilot, or pre-installation as the company describes it, for the moment when the technology will be approved in multiple markets.

The activation might happen Over-The-Air, Tesla-style, and we must hand it to them to prove that it can be made possible and that a manufacturer can survive by selling only electric vehicles. The latter two are things that nobody can take away from Tesla, as nobody can take Mercedes-Benz's title of having the world's first internationally certified SAE Level 3 system.

Mercedes-Benz prides itself on installing the technology and sensors for its Intelligent Park Pilot, or pre-installation as the company describes it, for the moment when the technology will be approved in multiple markets.

The activation might happen Over-The-Air, Tesla-style, and we must hand it to them to prove that it can be made possible and that a manufacturer can survive by selling only electric vehicles

So Intelligent Park Pilot, a Level 4 feature, is pre-installed waiting for legislative approval before being activated.

Ever since December 2021, Mercedes-Benz's Drive Pilot has become the world’s first internationally certified SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Level 3 driving system. Initially, it was only available as an option for the EQS and the S-Class in Germany, but its availability was extended to other markets later this year, including the U.S., and its certification level has yet to be matched by any automaker.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...with-drive-pilot-system-activated-188196.html

Mercedes-Benz to Start Selling Cars With Drive Pilot System Activated​

Home > News > Industry
6 May 2022, 12:59 UTC ·
by Sebastian Toma
author pic

Mercedes-Benz has announced the sales launch of Drive Pilot, its conditionally automated driving system. The German marque will offer it for the S-Class and the EQS, and they even revealed the pricing for the system. Starting May 17, 2022, customers who order an S-Class or an EQS can also specify the SAE Level 3 system.

The company has already provided the legally required documentation in order to obtain regulatory series approval for two U.S. states, California and Nevada. In the two states, if the legal situation will allow it by the end of this year, the system will be operational once it gets the green light.

So it looks like you can order the Drive Pilot in Germany and have it operational at level 3, and in California and Nevada, it will be installed but not activated until it is legalized.

Will the EQS and S-Class include Akida?

"... you've gotta ask yourself one question , ..." is it easier to install the MB cinemascope screen than to install a SNN chip to control "Hey Mercedes!"?

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 32 users

Violin1

Regular
I may actually be able to buy a few more by next week if I free up some money im kinda on a tight timeline hopping i can get about 4000 shares next week some time for the kids for their education.
I keep saying enough is enough but just buy a few more because the price is going down and it's a steal at the moment. Can't help myself. I'm a brainaholic....

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Jimmy17

Regular
Long term reader but infrequent poster here. I'm thinking alot about the injustice of shorters and other market manipulators and the amount of money they are making, or will, make. Im also watching a TV show on ch7, "Armed and Dangerous" about Australia's bank robberies and how easy it was to rob a bank in the 70's and 80's. Whilst the bank robbers were opportunistic criminals working within an inadequately controlled system, I cant see how current day white collar activities in the financial system is any different.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

The activation might happen Over-The-Air, Tesla-style, and we must hand it to them to prove that it can be made possible and that a manufacturer can survive by selling only electric vehicles

So Intelligent Park Pilot, a Level 4 feature, is pre-installed waiting for legislative approval before being activated.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...with-drive-pilot-system-activated-188196.html

Mercedes-Benz to Start Selling Cars With Drive Pilot System Activated​

Home > News > Industry
6 May 2022, 12:59 UTC ·
by Sebastian Toma
author pic

Mercedes-Benz has announced the sales launch of Drive Pilot, its conditionally automated driving system. The German marque will offer it for the S-Class and the EQS, and they even revealed the pricing for the system. Starting May 17, 2022, customers who order an S-Class or an EQS can also specify the SAE Level 3 system.

The company has already provided the legally required documentation in order to obtain regulatory series approval for two U.S. states, California and Nevada. In the two states, if the legal situation will allow it by the end of this year, the system will be operational once it gets the green light.

So it looks like you can order the Drive Pilot in Germany and have it operational at level 3, and in California and Nevada, it will be installed but not activated until it is legalized.

Will the EQS and S-Class include Akida?

"... you've gotta ask yourself one question , ..." is it easier to install the MB cinemascope screen than to install a SNN chip to control "Hey Mercedes!"?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users
The clowns are out and about again, complete WANCA View attachment 17103
ringling bros circus GIF by Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey
clowns GIF by The 90th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
clown laughing GIF by Team Coco
Hbo Entertainment GIF by SuccessionHBO
I'm not sure if anybody bothered to read the Motley Fool's article, stupidly pondering and trying to inform the investing public (or the group of fools, that choose to take advice from fools..) but not only do they have poor English skills for journalists/investment advisors? But their maths sucks too!!

"This saw BrainChip declare an operating loss of US$8.56 million for the six months to 30 June 2022, down 1% year on year. That works out to be a loss per share of 46 US cents, or 66 cents in our currency"

If we had 18.6 million shares on issue 🙄..
They go on to say..

"So if you want a reason why BrainChip doesn’t fund dividend payments, look no further than those metrics" ???

Actually, 46 US cents loss x 1.72 billion shares, equates to a supposed 6 month operating loss of 791 MILLION US DOLLARS!!
That's more than 3/4 of a BILLION US dollars!!

Are they really that stupid to put that in print??
Or is that deliberately intended, to be a negative smear on the perception of our Company??

The actual loss for the 6 months is 0.0049 cents per share!! (half a cent 😬).

Considering the quality of their previous articles on BrainChip, choosing to use us almost entirely to draw attention to their "investment picks" and usually with a negative slant..

I'm led to believe, that this is not a mistake at all and is an intentionally misleading statement!

Not only are they fools, by their own account, but they appear to have no journalistic or advisory morals either!

I wonder if this sham article, has anything to do with the ever increasing aggregate short position??

Increased tensions, with Putin upping the ante in the Ukraine, may unfortunately, give them some reprieve..

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode

Media Alert: BrainChip Chief Development Officer Presents at tinyML Neuromorphic Engineering Forum​

Wednesday, September 21, 2022 9:00 AM
Brainchip Holdings Limited/ADR

Brainchip Holdings Limited/ADR

Share this Article
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Linkedin
Topic:

Company Update
LAGUNA HILLS, CA / ACCESSWIRE / September 21, 2022 / Anil Mankar, Chief Development Officer at BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN)(OTCQX:BRCHF)(ADR:BCHPY), the world's first commercial producer of ultra-low power neuromorphic AI IP, will present "Combining Neuromorphic Design Principles with Modern Machine Learning Algorithms" at tinyML Neuromorphic Engineering Forum at 10:55 a.m. PDT September 27.

Mr. Mankar's presentation will discuss how BrainChip's neuromorphic design architecture, Akida™, brings ML algorithms into the neuromorphic computing domain by executing them as spiking neural networks (SNNs). He will highlight how hardware design choices such as event-based computing paradigm, low-bit precision computation, the co-location of processing and memory, distributed computation, and support for efficient, on-chip learning algorithms enable low-power, high-performance ML execution at the edge. Finally, Mankar will discuss how this architecture supports next generation SNN algorithms such as binarized CNNs and algorithms that efficiently utilize temporal information to increase accuracy.

"Neuromorphic computing takes inspiration from the structure and function of neural systems and seeks to replicate the remarkable performance, energy efficiency, tolerance to noise, and learning plasticity these systems possess," said Mankar. "I look forward to sharing with attendees of the tinyML Neuromorphic Engineering Forum how current machine learning algorithms, such as convolutional neural networks, can be easily transformed to deliver state-of-the-art performance in all edge AI applications."

The first tinyML Forum on Neuromorphic Engineering features key experts from academia and industry who introduce the main trends in neuromorphic hardware, algorithms, sensors, systems, and applications. Those interested in learning more about the virtual event and how to register can visit https://brainchip.com/tinyml-neuromorphic-engineering-forum-tuesday-september-27-2022-virtual/

About BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX:BRN, OTCQX:BRCHF, ADR:BCHPY)
BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company's first-to-market neuromorphic processor, AkidaTM, mimics the human brain to analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Keeping machine learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, also dramatically reduces latency while improving privacy and data security. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers' products, as well as the planet. Explore the benefits of Essential AI at www.brainchip.com.
Follow BrainChip on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/BrainChip_inc
Follow BrainChip on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/7792006

Media Contact:
Mark Smith
JPR Communications
818-398-1424
Investor Contact:
Mark Komonoski
Integrous Communications
Direct: 877-255-8483
Mobile: 403-470-8384
mkomonoski@integcom.us
SOURCE: Brainchip Holdings Limited/ADR

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 55 users
Earlier version of this paper posted back around May or so.

Now reviewed, edited and published in Frontiers few days ago.

Helps to understand why not all "AI" is the same as holders know just as not all Neuromorphic is the same even if the end goal is.

Worth a revisit HERE or read below as I snipped the paper.

The table is here as got edges cut on the scrolling snip.

1663767169395.png

Frontiers Paper - Neuromorphic Comparisons.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
IS RENESAS CLOSE TO RELEASING AKIDA IN A SMART SENSOR.?????
Renesas Electronics Corporation

Enter the terms you wish to search for.
Account

Main navigation​

• Products
  • Applications
  • Design Resources
  • Sales & Support
  • About
Breadcrumb
  1. Press Centerarrow_right
  2. Blogsarrow_right
  3. Radar Transceivers: Key Components for ADAS & Autonomous Driving - Blog 5: Radar Architecture: How to Connect Different Radar Sensors

Marta Martínez Vázquez

Marta Martínez Vázquez
Senior Staff Engineer

Architecture Evolution​

In previous issues of the radar blog, we have addressed how the number of sensors in general and radar modules, in particular, will be dramatically increased to achieve higher levels of autonomy and safety. In the next years, radar modules will be added to go from a basic configuration, with only a forward-looking radar with level L1 autonomy and 1 to 4 NCAP (new car assessment program) rating to up to level L2+ autonomy and NCAP 4-5 in standard cars and levels L3-L4 of autonomy and NCAP 5 in the premium segment, as shown in Figure 1.
Automotive radar for different NCAP and levels of autonomous driving

Figure 1. Automotive radar for different NCAP and levels of autonomous driving
The performance of the central computing units is expected to grow at a rapid pace with the centralization of the vehicle’s functions. Therefore, the processing of the data can be carried out in a more efficient way if the computation is not directly performed in the sensor modules. This leads to an evolution in the car E/E architecture to a distributed architecture. Of course, the migration to the fully distributed architecture will take a long time and is expected to be completed after 2030. But until then, some partial implementations will appear in the market.
As a first step, some domain controllers are for specific functions such as ADAS. Then the number of domain controllers will increase along with the level of autonomy of the car. With requirements for level L2+ of autonomy, zone controllers will be introduced along with the domain controllers, leading to the final step, centralized E/E architecture with the vehicle's central computer connected to the sensors through the zone control units. This evolution is illustrated in Figure 2. Of course, this will also be coupled with an exponential increase in software complexity and will require high-capacity networking in the vehicle.
E/E architecture mega trend
Figure 2. E/E architecture mega trend (source: David Xu, Renesas Electronics)
With the new E/E architectures being introduced, part of the radar processing shown in Figure 3 will not take place on the radar module (edge computing) but will instead be delocalized for more efficient computations. The amount of processing in each module or control unit will be determined by the desired performance and by the available architecture.
Radar processing steps
Figure 3. Radar processing steps

Smart Radar Sensors​

Today’s radar architecture is based on a set of separate radar modules distributed around the vehicle. Each module has its own radar transceiver and the capability to process the detected data on board, either using a single chip or with a separate microcontroller or SoC on the same module, as shown in Figure 4.
Smart sensors with edge processing
Figure 4. Smart sensors with edge processing
The processed radar data are then transferred from each “smart radar sensor” to a remote domain control unit for further processing and fusion using a CAN bus. The different processing steps and where they are performed are illustrated in Figure 5.
Radar signal processing with smart radar sensors and domain control unit

Figure 5. Radar signal processing with smart radar sensors and domain control unit
If enough sensors are used, the obstacles in the environment of the vehicle can be identified. For example, in the case shown in Figure 6, the ADAS ECU will receive the information of the objects detected by the forward-looking long-range radar, and from four corner short- and mid-range radars, to create the full image of the surroundings.
Example of radar architecture with smart sensors and domain controller

Figure 6. Example of radar architecture with smart sensors (edge processing) and domain controller

Satellite Radar Sensors​

With the introduction of centralized computing architectures, in the future, the processing of the data from some radar modules could be de-localized. The radar modules themselves would then be less “smart”: now these satellite radar units will be able to perform a limited amount of processing of the received radar signals, for example, the range-FFT, before transferring the data to a remote ECU (either a domain or a zone controller), as shown in Figure 7.
Satellite sensors with central processing
Figure 7. Satellite sensors with central processing
The ECU will then receive the pre-processed data from the different satellite radar modules and perform the main radar processing steps for each set of data. The obtained results can then be fused together, or combined with the information obtained from other sensors, to increase the accuracy of the detection. The different steps are illustrated in Figure 8.
Radar signal processing in satellite radar and central ECU

Figure 8. Radar signal processing in satellite radar and central ECU
In the first implementations of this centralized architecture with satellite radar modules, the data will be transferred to the ECUs using the vehicle’s Ethernet backbone. For some applications such as forward-looking radar or imaging radar, which require a large amount of radar, smart sensors will still be used, with full radar processing still being performed at the edge. On the other hand, several satellite radars will be distributed around the vehicle to provide 360° awareness of the surroundings. For example, in the architecture depicted in Figure 9, the data acquired by the corner and ultra-short-range radars will be pre-processed, possibly compressed, and then sent to the zone ECU for further computation.
Example of radar architecture with satellite modules and remote processing on zone-based ECUs

Figure 9. Example of radar architecture with satellite modules and remote processing on zone-based ECUs
The use of satellite radar modules with a centralized processing architecture offers a wide range of benefits.
On the one hand, the satellite radar modules become simpler, thus saving size and cost. They are also easier to repair and upgrade when necessary. The problem of heat dissipation is also reduced, especially for the modules placed close to other vehicle elements that can reach high temperatures, such as headlights.
By using the ethernet backbone of the vehicle for the data transfer the cost and the weight of the cabling can be optimized. Of course, security measures will have to be implemented for ethernet transmission. And now, the data will be in a format that is easy to store and process along with those from other sensors.
Using the vehicle’s control units for the processing allows not only for much more efficient processing of the radar data but also for more complex operations. Data fusion with other sensor like cameras or lidar, machine learning and artificial intelligence can now be used to optimize the sensing and characterization of the environment, which will contribute to achieving higher levels of autonomous driving.

Comparison & Conclusions​

In the future, the E/E architecture of the vehicles will evolve towards centralized computing solutions. For some years, different architectures will coexist, with both smart sensors and satellite radar modules being used. The main differences are summarized in the following table.
Table 1. Smart sensors vs. satellite sensors
Radar Module"Smart Sensor"Centralized (Satellite)
Processor locationRadar module/chipZonal/Central ECU
Radar outputProcessed data (objects)Processed data (point cloud)Raw data/Range FFT
Network typeCAN100Mb EthernetGb Ethernet
As mentioned before, the migration towards centralized architectures with higher computing performance will require that high-speed links be available throughout the vehicle. For the near future, the architecture will rely on the Ethernet backbone of the vehicle. Yet, alternatives like the use of MIPI or A-phy are being considered for future radar generations.
Renesas is working towards providing cutting-edge solutions for future vehicles, with ECUs based on the R-Car Gen4 series and innovative components for both smart radar and satellite radar units.

Share this news on​

LinkedInFacebookTwitter

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Interesting Article written by Arm on the next generation of Smartphones, Gaming (VR) headsets and (AR) Smart glasses.

Bloomberg​

US Edition

https://www.bloomberg.com/africa

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...orkers-at-heathrow-to-vote-on-strike-over-pay

Skip To Content
Sponsored Content?Brought to you by Arm

Smartphones Have Redefined the Human Experience. So, What’s Next?​

Visual encounters have a huge impact on the human experience. Over 80% of our perceptions, learning, cognition and activities are negotiated through vision, and, according to MIT neuroscientists, the brain can identify images seen for as little as 13 milliseconds.

What we see matters, and where and how we’re seeing it is also important. We’re hungry for content, compelling experiences and information—and for most of us, our primary content source is the smartphone, the world’s most used consumer device.

Visual experiences connect us and help us feel more present in the real world, enabling new ways for us to gain insight and information, providing entertainment and allowing us to transcend time and distance across new digital worlds. As our human experience is significantly impacted by what we see on our smartphones, we have a vested interest in how these experiences shape our daily lives, and in the technology trends that will evolve them in the years ahead.
Arm_inline_image_1.jpg

The ecosystem driving the advancement of visual experiences

Arm, a world-leading technology company, is looking ahead at how the visual experience will change on our consumer devices. The best-kept secret in technology, Arm has been at the foundation of these experiences for 30 years, and its innovations underpin much of today’s device technology.

In the early 1990s, Arm’s disruptive tech provided the best combination of performance and efficiency for battery life in mobile devices, which enabled the first GSM mobile phones to go mass-market. Since then, Arm has been at the heart of the mobile revolution—Arm central processing units (CPUs) are adopted in 99% of the world’s smartphones—and, along with its vast ecosystem, the company has driven tremendous economic growth and innovation in the mobile space.

Pushing the boundaries of smartphone performance

The advent and spectacular success of the smartphone has required ever-increasing amounts of computing power to handle more complex tasks, and within ever-smaller, more flexible and more efficient form factors, which has driven broad innovation in electronics and chip design. Over the past decade, Arm and its partners have significantly improved the computing performance of smartphone chips, delivering new capabilities and dramatically improving immersive visual experiences, so that we can enjoy enhanced mobile experiences with our friends, family and colleagues on the opposite side of the globe.

Today’s mobile trend: Life in 3D

Real-time 3D content is redefining visual experiences on our smartphones. For example, game developers are bringing complex 3D gaming content to mobile devices—previously only possible on computers and consoles—and architects are using real-time 3D models to visualize how their buildings will look in real life.

Mobile gaming—a massive, $103.5 billion industry1—is helping to drive the evolution of 3D technology and bring new features and visual experiences beyond our imagination to mobile devices. This requires evolving the content on our screens into more life like and interactive real-time 3D experiences.

This technology will create new possibilities on consumer devices, including virtual sports and music events, and work and personal meetups using virtual reality (VR) headsets. Some of these possibilities are now being realized: For example, Epic Games, creator of Fortnite, has held virtual concerts with performances by Travis Scott and Ariana Grande, and VR platform Rec Room has created an online universe for virtual meetups and collaborations for work and play.

Tomorrow’s mobile trend: The metaverse

The metaverse will propel visual experiences to the next level by intertwining digital worlds with the real, physical world, and has the potential to generate an estimated $5 trillion in value by 20302. New visual experiences in the metaverse will require huge leaps in performance across smartphones, VR headsets and augmented reality (AR) smart glasses, and need to be delivered efficiently on portable devices that are as lightweight as possible to enhance the user experience.

Some metaverse-based applications and experiences are already here. In 2020, Johns Hopkins University performed its first patient surgeries by doctors using wearable AR devices. “When using AR in the operating room, it’s like having a GPS navigator in front of your eyes in a natural way, so you don’t have to see your patient’s CT scan,” said Timothy Witham, M.D., Director of the Johns Hopkins Neurosurgery Spinal Fusion Laboratory and professor of neurosurgery at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine3.
Arm_inline_image_2.jpg

New visual experiences are now possible on Arm

Today, our smartphones are millions of times more capable than the Apollo 11 computers that guided the 1969 Moon landing. Just 10 years ago, most of us never imagined the experiences we now take for granted every day on our smartphones and other consumer devices.

The power of smartphone technology and how it might dramatically change and improve our experiences as humans has never been more apparent. It’s hard to imagine what the next 10 years might bring. But one thing we do know is that it will be built on a foundation of relentless innovation from Arm and its partners.

This article was written and supplied by Arm.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 26 users
Video questioning about asic being corrupt

I exercised my democratic right to complain to ASIC about CitiCorp Nominees and the ASX and this is how it went:

This is the response I received and my reply. As you can see I am a little dismissive of ASIC in my reply.

In the complaint they ask you for permission to disclose your identity to the person you have complained about which not wanting to give them any excuse to ignore the complaint I did and in their reply they pat me on the head and say I will not hear anything further as they are bound to keep things secret from me as to what action they take.

What this is saying is we would not want the market to think less of CitiCorp Nominees just because we might make an adverse finding against them for breaching the law and their position in the market to be affected:

"Our reference: CAS-104477-L5P6S5

Dear Mr

CITICORP NOMINEES PTY LTD ACN 000 808 030

Thank you for your report of misconduct of 28 July 2022 raising concerns regarding disclosure of Citicorp Nominees Pty Ltd’s acquisition of shares in Brainchip Holdings Ltd.

ASIC values the information we receive from the public, and reports of misconduct such as yours assist us in working to build confidence in the integrity of the capital markets.

ASIC conducts an assessment of every report of misconduct we receive. The issues you have raised will receive careful consideration, and we have recorded them on our internal intelligence database.

In selecting matters for regulatory action, we consider a range of factors, including whether the misconduct report suggests any breaches of the law we administer, whether we have sufficient grounds to suspect that a breach has occurred, and whether regulatory intervention would benefit the broader community beyond the affected individuals.

Please see Information Sheet 152 Public comment which sets out the limited circumstances when we will comment publicly on our activities. These limitations are intended to protect the confidentiality of information reported to ASIC and the integrity of ASIC’s investigation and enforcement activities. For matters involving our market supervision, we are aware that any public comment may affect trading in the market, and we are committed to a fair, orderly, and transparent market.

Accordingly, ASIC does not comment on operational matters, or our assessment of information in relation to markets matters, and we are unable to provide further details about what, if any, action we may or may not take in relation to the concerns you have raised. We hope you can appreciate the reasons why we do not make such comment.

If you require any information on our role as a market supervisor, or enforcement action taken by ASIC, please visit ASIC’s website at www.asic.gov.au.

Please note that ASIC will only contact you again about your report of misconduct if we require further information or evidence to assist in our inquiries.

Yours sincerely

Kaitlyne GrahamAnalyst, Misconduct & Breach Reporting"

"Dear Kaitlyne Graham

Thank you for your email.

While I am not surprised by ASIC's approach to my complaint it does strike me as rather interesting as a retired lawyer and former police officer that despite reporting this matter firstly to the ASX and then to your office and with CitiCorp Nominees now appearing as the largest shareholder on a recently released ASX Brainchip Top 20 shareholders notice that it has still not been prevailed upon by anyone charged with legislative responsibility to file a notice under S.671 of the Corporations Act, 2001 despite the fact that it is a strict liability offence and impossible for a sophisticated corporate entity to defend.

Being just a retail shareholder and member of the public who depends upon the maintenance of a level playing field and a fair market I would have expected something a little bit more proactive from the market regulators. Obviously I was expecting far too much and it is beyond the systems ability to request that an organisation the size of CitiCorp Nominees immediately mitigate its offence and fill out a form and lodge it as required.

Kind regards"

As can be seen my complaint was actioned at ASIC in 28 July, 2022 and as expected CitiCorp Nominees has still to file a notice.

And for the record I have as promised by ASIC had no further communications.

What I should add is I first complained to the ASX and after a number of follow up enquires I received a letter saying that while there appeared to be a breach the ASX did not have the power to investigate and that if I wanted to take it further ASIC had the power to take action.

In my complaint to ASIC I also complained about the ASX for failing to bring the matter itself to the ASIC after agreeing in writing to me that there appeared to be a breach and leaving it to me. But this is another story.

Suffice to say having conducted investigations of corruption at the highest levels in my career I am disgusted.

The bottom line though is it is not ASIC or the ASX it is the Government that is responsible for this complete breach of faith with the Australian public.

However while ever former politicians from both sides of politics end up on Boards and/or as highly paid consultants to big business after they leave office nothing will happen.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 99 users

robsmark

Regular
I exercised my democratic right to complain to ASIC about CitiCorp Nominees and the ASX and this is how it went:

This is the response I received and my reply. As you can see I am a little dismissive of ASIC in my reply.

In the complaint they ask you for permission to disclose your identity to the person you have complained about which not wanting to give them any excuse to ignore the complaint I did and in their reply they pay me on the head and say I will not hear anything further as they are bound to keep things secret from me as to what action they take. What this is saying is we would not want the market to think less of CitiCorp Nominees just because we might make an adverse finding against them for breaching the law and their position in the market to be affected:

Dear Mr

Thank you for your report of misconduct of 28 July 2022 raising concerns regarding disclosure of Citicorp Nominees Pty Ltd’s acquisition of shares in Brainchip Holdings Ltd.

ASIC values the information we receive from the public, and reports of misconduct such as yours assist us in working to build confidence in the integrity of the capital markets.

ASIC conducts an assessment of every report of misconduct we receive. The issues you have raised will receive careful consideration, and we have recorded them on our internal intelligence database.

In selecting matters for regulatory action, we consider a range of factors, including whether the misconduct report suggests any breaches of the law we administer, whether we have sufficient grounds to suspect that a breach has occurred, and whether regulatory intervention would benefit the broader community beyond the affected individuals.

Please see Information Sheet 152 Public comment which sets out the limited circumstances when we will comment publicly on our activities. These limitations are intended to protect the confidentiality of information reported to ASIC and the integrity of ASIC’s investigation and enforcement activities. For matters involving our market supervision, we are aware that any public comment may affect trading in the market, and we are committed to a fair, orderly, and transparent market.

Accordingly, ASIC does not comment on operational matters, or our assessment of information in relation to markets matters, and we are unable to provide further details about what, if any, action we may or may not take in relation to the concerns you have raised. We hope you can appreciate the reasons why we do not make such comment.

If you require any information on our role as a market supervisor, or enforcement action taken by ASIC, please visit ASIC’s website at www.asic.gov.au.

Please note that ASIC will only contact you again about your report of misconduct if we require further information or evidence to assist in our inquiries.

Yours sincerely

"Dear Kaitlyne Graham

While I am not surprised by ASIC's approach to my complaint it does strike me as rather interesting as a retired lawyer and former police officer that despite reporting this matter firstly to the ASX and then to your office and with CitiCorp Nominees now appearing as the largest shareholder on a recently released ASX Brainchip Top 20 shareholders notice that it has still not been prevailed upon by anyone charged with legislative responsibility to file a notice under S.671 of the Corporations Act, 2001 despite the fact that it is a strict liability offence and impossible for a sophisticated corporate entity to defend.

Being just a retail shareholder and member of the public who depends upon the maintenance of a level playing field and a fair market I would have expected something a little bit more proactive from the market regulators. Obviously I was expecting far too much and it is beyond the systems ability to request that an organisation the size of CitiCorp Nominees immediately mitigate its offence and fill out a form and lodge it as required.

Kind regards"

As can be seen my complaint was actioned at ASIC in 28 July, 2022 and as expected CitiCorp Nominees has still to file a notice.

What I should add is I first complained to the ASX and after a number of follow up enquires I received a letter saying that while there appeared to be a breach the ASX did not have the power to investigate and that if I wanted to take it further ASIC had the power to take action.

In my complaint to ASIC I also complained about the ASX for failing to bring the matter itself to the ASIC after agreeing in writing to me that there appeared to be a breach and leaving it to me. But this is another story.

Suffice to say having conducted investigations of corruption at the highest levels in my career I am disgusted.

The bottom line though is it is not ASIC or the ASX it is the Government that is responsible for this complete breach of faith with the Australian public.

However while ever former politicians from both sides of politics end up on Boards and/or as highly paid consultants to big business after they leave office nothing will happen.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Good effort and thanks for trying. It’s startling that the ASX acknowledged the breach, yet openly admitted they won’t be following it up. I guarantee if it was a singular which had broken the law and the rules of the ASX then action would have been swiftly taken. it seems the rules change based on the size of your legal representation and depth of your pockets. Shit show.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 34 users

ndefries

Regular

In the complaint they ask you for permission to disclose your identity to the person you have complained about which not wanting to give them any excuse to ignore the complaint I did and in their reply they pay me on the head and say I will not hear anything further as they are bound to keep things secret from me as to what action they take. What this is saying is we would not want the market to think less of CitiCorp Nominees just because we might make an adverse finding against them for breaching the law and their position in the market to be affected:

Dear Mr

Yours sincerely

"Dear Kaitlyne Graham

Kind regards"

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks FF. Not much more we can do but call out bad behavior. The question I have is what does Citi want with this many BRN share Will they they want more shares?Are they going to influence the company in a particular direction at some point? I don't think they are parking the money to quickly move it again so does make me wonder what their long play is. Suspect they are on board till a nasdaq listing.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

chapman89

Founding Member
@Diogenese over to you. I think he is trying to say that akida is just like all other companies working on neuromorphic and that Brainchip chip isn’t unique with its on-chip learning capabilities compared to others….I don’t think so!
5FB4CBE2-A3AF-41CE-8636-1016E986BB94.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Cyw

Regular

Dear Mr

Yours sincerely

"Dear Kaitlyne Graham

Kind regards"

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Laws are created by the rich for the rich. I was told there are 4 supercomputers sitting next to the ASX main computers which intercepts trades milli-seconds before it hits the exchange computers and those supercomputers can execute trades just ahead of the 'normal' trades. Imagine someone puts in a buy order for 5 million BRN shares at market, those who paid the tens of millions of dollars fees would know the share price is going to go up and can buy the shares just before the big trade. How that is legal is beyond my ability to comprehend.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Moonshot

Regular

Dear Mr

Yours sincerely

"Dear Kaitlyne Graham

Kind regards"

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hey Fact Finder, my reading is they don’t have to file as they are nominee holdings and relevant interest is taken by the beneficiaries- see s609(2). Link below.

Nominees and other trustees

(2) A person who would otherwise have a relevant interest in securities as a bare trustee does not have a relevant interest in the securities if a beneficiary under the trust has a relevant interest in the securities because of a presently enforceable and unconditional right of the kind referred to in subsection 608(8).

Note: This subsection will often apply to a person who holds securities as a nominee.

Ref: http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/num_act/ca2001172/s609.html

Definition of substantial holdings seems to require a relevant interest.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

toasty

Regular
Good effort and thanks for trying. It’s startling that the ASX acknowledged the breach, yet openly admitted they won’t be following it up. I guarantee if it was a singular which had broken the law and the rules of the ASX then action would have been swiftly taken. it seems the rules change based on the size of your legal representative and depth of your pockets. Shit show.

If regulation is failing, as appears to be the case here, and the regulators will not do anything about it, maybe the media needs to become involved. I note the scandal that is the Qld DNA lab operations was outed by an insider providing information to the media............

• Fire
Reactions: 16 users

Wags

Regular
@Diogenese over to you. I think he is trying to say that akida is just like all other companies working on neuromorphic and that Brainchip chip isn’t unique with its on-chip learning capabilities compared to others….I don’t think so! View attachment 17143
Good job Jesse, I saw that and wondered what the f&%k did he say, what, were not special???
Hoping @Diogenese can shed some light and reassurance.

cheers all

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Top Bottom