BRN Discussion Ongoing

VictorG

I often wonder what would happen to the bots if at 10.15 am on a Tuesday just by chance if 40,000 BRN shareholders all put on an order for 1,000 shares at market.

It would be interesting particularly if it coincided with a price sensitive announcement.

Would their algorithms be able to cope with such an event and or not and trigger a whole range of actions.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
As it just happens, I intended to buy 1000 shares at market early Tuesday, and the same for my 17 brothers and sisters.
What a coincidence dont you think 🤔

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users

hotty4040

Regular
Has anyone else detected a touch of the Machiavellian about the way FF thinks?
That is why we like him an board Dodgy, he never stops examining all the options, every single day. He has had one too many breaks from this forum, we don't want to loose him any more IMHO.

Don't, what ever you do FF, stop your brainchip ticking, please.

A King Charles 3rd commission, a right Royal one, maybe a first for him into the basic ( ASIC ) possibly, would it be possible ??

hotty...

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️

‘Bold action’ call to spend $1.5b on creating semiconductor industry

Phillip Coorey
and Tom McIlroy

Sep 21, 2022 – 6.00am

Save

The Albanese government should invest $1.5 billion to establish a domestic industry to manufacture semiconductors, rather than continue to rely on increasingly risky overseas providers, principally Taiwan, Australia’s pre-eminent national security think-tank has recommended.

In a new report, the Australian Strategic Policy Institute said the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as coercive trade practices by China, demonstrated that Australia could no longer rely on free-trade principles for the supply of such a crucial product.

Australia is among countries overly reliant on semiconductor imports
1.jpg
from Asia. AP

“In this environment, bold action is warranted. Continuing to do what we did before is not an option because it will undermine the national interest,” the report says.

“A new approach is needed that’s in part heretical to our old, market-based approach but is driven by necessity: government intervention that works in
tandem with industry expertise and drive.”

Report authors Alex Capri and Robert Clark say semiconductors, more commonly known as chips and microchips, are akin to food, water and electricity in terms of their importance to the digital world.

“Semiconductors are in almost everything we use to work, travel, communicate, entertain, and keep ourselves healthy,” they said.

“As a nation, we require unfettered access to semiconductors if we are to defend, power, educate and advance ourselves economically.”

Australia’s near-absent capability to commercially manufacture semiconductors was a “key strategic vulnerability”.

“By some calculations, Taiwan manufactures 60 per cent of the world’s semiconductors and 90 per cent of the most advanced chips,” they said.

“That alone should focus our minds on how we might shore up our future supplies of this critical resource.”

The report proposes establishing a $5 billion manufacturing industry driven by $1.5 billion in government investment and incentives.

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has talked up the need to diversify and secure critical supply chains to better protect against geostrategic risks. Earlier this year Scott Morrison listed semiconductors as one of seven industries over which Australia needed to gain national sovereignty, working with “like-minded” countries such as the US and Japan.

Before the federal election, Mr Morrison said economic and national security policy had become inextricably linked in the “new era” of global unrest, meaning Australia and its allies must move from a “just in time” model of supply of vital goods, to one of “just in case”.

Last month, US President Joe Biden secured a major legislative victory with the passage of a $US52.7 billion ($75 billion) CHIPS and Science Act through the US Congress. The plan is designed to boost American semiconductor manufacturing and research.

More domestic manufacturing plants are expected to alleviate pandemic supply chain pressures faced by American industry and boost US national security amid ongoing tensions with Beijing.

Mr Biden has begun rolling out elements of the new law, which includes an investment tax credit for chip plants, worth as much as $US24 billion. It forms part of his promise to create more high-skilled, high-paid jobs in the United States.

The legislation won bipartisan support from Republicans, after decades of the US losing ground on manufacturing and research and development to rival economies.

US production of chips has declined from 37 per cent of global supply in the 1990s to about 12 per cent today.

The ASPI report said Australia’s public sector must facilitate the right kinds of public-private partnerships, provide targeted funding for semiconductor R&D and education, and create commercial incentives for foreign and local investments.

Phillip Coorey is the political editor based in Canberra. He is a two-time winner of the Paul Lyneham award for press gallery excellence. Connect with Phillip on Facebook and Twitter. Email Phillip at pcoorey@afr.com

Tom McIlroy reports from the federal press gallery at Parliament House. Connect with Tom on Twitter. Email Tom at thomas.mcilroy@afr.com

It's great to be a shareholder 🏖

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
I'm not in

200.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

ndefries

Regular
We have so many shorts out now and they could only get the price down to 91 cents. It's a testament to the value BRN had shown compared to 12 months ago. We have a lot of upside to come when they hand back the shares. Acquisition, mergers, positive news, a big lumpy revenue dropping. Anything can trigger this. Like FF said. BRN isn't a get rich quick scheme. It's a business built on fundamentals of a new industrial revolution coming where we are in the right place at the right time.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users

Worker122

Regular
I am afraid to say it would be illegal for us to agree to do it. I was speaking about the hypothetical possibility of say it happening when the next predictable price sensitive announcement relating to a granted patent is released. New patents are usually not the cause of mass buying or FOMO but could be a trigger for frustrated disillusioned retail to act in this way.

It would be interesting to see how sophisticated the algorithms are that Brainchip competitors sing the praises off as providing their own version of Edge Ai solutions.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Bugger, Im out, but bought a lazy 500 anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
The clowns are out and about again, complete WANCA
Screenshot_20220921-170940.png
ringling bros circus GIF by Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey
clowns GIF by The 90th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
clown laughing GIF by Team Coco
Hbo Entertainment GIF by SuccessionHBO

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37 users

Dhm

Regular
We have so many shorts out now and they could only get the price down to 91 cents. It's a testament to the value BRN had shown compared to 12 months ago. We have a lot of upside to come when they hand back the shares. Acquisition, mergers, positive news, a big lumpy revenue dropping. Anything can trigger this. Like FF said. BRN isn't a get rich quick scheme. It's a business built on fundamentals of a new industrial revolution coming where we are in the right place at the right time.
This is just my guess but I would think that when a market sensitive announcement does drop either in the form of a revolutionary patent or another 'Mercedes Benz' moment, the short covering by the shorters is worth at least 50c in share price surge, or much more when competing with genuine buyers.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Rskiff

Regular
Yeah agree what FF said, "brn isn't a get rich quick scheme", but I believe it is a "get rich scheme"

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Blazar85

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Aretemis

Regular
The chocolate kettle one was better, a left handed screw driver, is still useful 😛
But maybe too many people like chocolate..

Cue Homer in The land of Chocolate clip please..

]

Maybe we could send them down to the hardware store for along weight

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users
"Let's investigation" 🤣

These guys are journalists??

They are very professionalism that's for sure! 😂🤣

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Aretemis

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Kachoo

Regular
I often wonder what would happen to the bots if at 10.15 am on a Tuesday just by chance if 40,000 BRN shareholders all put on an order for 1,000 shares at market.

It would be interesting particularly if it coincided with a price sensitive announcement.

Would their algorithms be able to cope with such an event and or not and trigger a whole range of actions.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
That's would be interesting yes and to tell you the truth you probably only need 4000 people doing that lol.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
A couple of heavy hitters from Carnegie Mellon University speaking at the inaugural Edge of Now (EON) event by SonyAI in October. Entry by invitation only

6C76F57A-CB52-479A-A15E-E2D202738EC0.jpeg

4EECEDF1-8372-4AC2-9336-173B13C3A7D0.jpeg

BBDA6BBA-DA74-4504-9BDF-E88EB27C2220.jpeg

19F5A243-E53F-46F7-BF24-24B439D42B8F.jpeg

0485F29C-0F52-4850-87D1-62463AA918C3.jpeg

0ADA0CBA-CB5B-4174-8C49-5EA9D899B6E2.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

Kachoo

Regular
Love it FF. Gamestop 2.0. I'm (not) in
I may actually be able to buy a few more by next week if I free up some money im kinda on a tight timeline hopping i can get about 4000 shares next week some time for the kids for their education.

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Haven’t watched it yet…

0CE9E7CF-282C-4C21-9D22-183E16F1D0DC.jpeg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
We would only need 5000 of us to all buy 1000 shares at once and the entire sell side would be wiped. Would take the price up to $1.18.

I dare say they have algorithms that keep loading up the sell side at a low price though.

I wish I had $5 mill laying around. I'd do it myself 🤣

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users
That's would be interesting yes and to tell you the truth you probably only need 4000 people doing that lol.
Finally the point I wanted others to take on board.

When 94% of shareholders are investors intent on reaping the long term rewards that come with being in on the ground floor of a paradigm shifting technological breakthrough it only takes the 6% who are not investors to manipulate the share price.

I have bought and hold a substantial number of shares but once bought and locked away in my safe they have no further influence on the day to day price of Brainchip.

If there were only 5 million shares in the hands of trader manipulators and every other share was held by locked in investors those 5 million shares will day to day control the share price.

On any given day we are lucky to see volumes above 10 million shares so if an additional 4,000 purchasers stepped up prepared to buy at market the price would explode but once they ran out of money then the 6% would be back in charge.

The problem is none of us have endless spare cash to keep buying five days a week 52 weeks a year.

Presently global circumstances also play in favour of the trader manipulator and tonight on top of recession fear in the US and interest rate adjustments Mr. Puto the defender of democracy has signed a proclamation calling up 300,000 reservatists, threatened he will use nuclear weapons and has called for a fake referendum in occupied territories in Ukrainian and the Secretary General of the UN has given a speech aimed at motivating mass depression about the fate of everyone around the world from famine, cost of food, and non action on climate change.

So with my sails stowed, hatches battened down the sea anchor dropped and a good bottle of scotch handy in case of nuclear Armageddon I have set myself to wait for the storm to blow itself out.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 65 users

JDelekto

Regular
What is royalties worth per itemm

I have no idea, that is something that only BrainChip and their customers know. There are several factors, the first and foremost being the details of the contract signed between BrainChip and the customer. It may be based on the configuration of the IP they've chosen (i.e. how many synapses). It may not be per item but may be a percentage based on the net income of the sale of the product using that IP.

While I'm sure educated guesses can be made, if we knew BrainChip's revenue per customer and some volume of sales those customers made of an item containing the IP (if that information is ever disclosed), I don't think it's going to be very easy to distill how much comes from where.

I think the best thing to do at this point is to watch for four key types of announcements (in an order that I think is important, but that is my opinion): 1) quarterly/annual revenue; 2) new IP contracts signed with customers that can be announced; 3) announcements of any patents that keep BrainChip competitive and further de-risk the investment; and 4) announcement of new partnerships or programs that help give BrainChip wider exposure (such as their University AI Accelerator program).

Any other announcements from companies using Akida, like Mercedes and NViso are just gravy, but I wouldn't count on those alone --especially if they are not currently making any revenue from products that use it.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom