BRN Discussion Ongoing

Wags

Regular
My view of the present share price is that until the Fed comes out with the next interest rate hike the tech sector will look like a panicked school of herring being stalked by sharks.

The tech sector or at least the US end is characterised by large debt and significant exposure to the retail sector. So tech gets it from both directions when interest rates rise. Their debt costs more to service and consumers have less money to buy their products.

Just need to remember that Brainchip has no debt and does not sell to retail. Brainchip’s AKIDA IP has unlimited market applications and the uptake is not based upon market conditions this week.

For example an automotive manufacturer is looking to a market four years from today. Mobile phone manufacturer similar story.

Yesterday’s sell off was irrational as will be any recovery today as will be a sell off tomorrow and so on and so forth until the Fed announces its decision on rates.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thankyou Fact Finder, feet firmly planted on the ground as usual. cheers

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Cardpro

Regular
My view of the present share price is that until the Fed comes out with the next interest rate hike the tech sector will look like a panicked school of herring being stalked by sharks.

The tech sector or at least the US end is characterised by large debt and significant exposure to the retail sector. So tech gets it from both directions when interest rates rise. Their debt costs more to service and consumers have less money to buy their products.

Just need to remember that Brainchip has no debt and does not sell to retail. Brainchip’s AKIDA IP has unlimited market applications and the uptake is not based upon market conditions this week.

For example an automotive manufacturer is looking to a market four years from today. Mobile phone manufacturer similar story.

Yesterday’s sell off was irrational as will be any recovery today as will be a sell off tomorrow and so on and so forth until the Fed announces its decision on rates.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I went to a data analytics conference held at fancy hotel (more of a sales pitch lol) yesterday, on their slide, it said something like "lots of successful companies continue to make investments even when economy isn't performing well."

My take is that high interest rates won't stop massive companies to innovate to stay as leaders / become leaders.
Obviously they may reduce head count etc. But investing in new tech is almost a necessity for them.

Go Brainchip!!!! (y)(y)(y)

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

Proga

Regular

Tesla’s Autopilot Heads to Trial​

The EV maker is facing litigation over a fatal crash that will decide whether its marketing overstates the capabilities of automated driving systems.
relates to Tesla’s Autopilot Heads to Trial

Photo illustration: 731
By
Malathi Nayak
13 September 2022 at 20:00 GMT+10
From
https://www.bloomberg.com/hyperdrive

Ten seconds before Jeremy Banner’s Tesla Model 3 plowed into the underbelly of a tractor-trailer, he switched on Autopilot. The crash killed the father of three when the top of his car was sheared off, so there’s no way to know exactly what happened that Friday in March three years ago. But an investigation by the National Transportation Safety Board found that Banner probably didn’t see the truck crossing a two-lane Florida highway on his way to work. Tesla’s driver assistance feature apparently didn’t see it either. At least not in time to save the 50-year-old’s life.
A court in Palm Beach County has set a February date for a jury to hear testimony on who was at fault, the first of potentially dozens of Autopilot collision trials. Until then, expect the Twittersphere to light up with passionate arguments over a question that’s been debated for years: Does the very name Autopilot lull drivers into a false sense of security that their cars will drive themselves? The trial offers “one of those watershed moments when we have lots of public attention on a verdict, if the jury is sympathetic to the driver and wants to send a message to Tesla,” says Bryant Walker Smith, a law professor at the University of South Carolina.

Tesla’s Autopilot didn’t see the truck in time to prevent the crash and save Banner’s life.
Source: National Transportation Safety Board

Whatever the verdict, it will add urgency to calls by legislators and auto safety advocates for regulatory intervention. A crackdown has been slow to materialize during Tesla’s eight-year experiment with automated driving, but the idea has gained steam under the Biden administration, with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration conducting multipronged investigations.
Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk insists Teslas are the safest cars ever made, but the trial will feature a parade of technology experts testifying about the perils of marketing driver assistance in ways that lead to overconfidence. “A big part of the significance of the case is that it actually is being conducted in a public forum,” says Michael Brooks, chief counsel at the Center for Auto Safety, a consumer advocacy group.
Tesla has long said it’s clear about the system’s limits, citing strong language in its driver manuals. And the company’s website says Autopilot features “require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous.” Musk insists that proper use of Autopilot by attentive drivers has saved far more lives than have been lost in crashes. “In investors’ minds, Tesla already has its defense, and they have always bought it: Humans are bad drivers,” says Gene Munster, managing partner of Loup Ventures, an investment firm that follows Tesla but isn’t connected with the case.

The NHTSA says at least 18 fatalities may be linked to driver assistance technology. The agency has investigated almost 200 crashes involving vehicles using the feature, including some in which Teslas have rear-ended police cars or firetrucks parked along roadsides. And California’s Department of Motor Vehicles in August accused the company of false advertising, saying it misleads customers into thinking Autopilot and enhanced “Full Self-Driving” features are more sophisticated than they are.
Lake Lytal, a lawyer for Banner’s family, calls the trial an opportunity “to finally hold Tesla and Elon Musk accountable for using the public roadways throughout our country as a testing ground for this company to try and fix their defective Autopilot system, which they know has killed and will continue to kill its customers.” Tesla and its legal team didn’t respond to requests for comment.
Musk is prickly about public criticism of Autopilot. In 2018 he hung up on Robert Sumwalt, then chairman of the NTSB, after Sumwalt took him to task for blog posts casting blame on the driver of a Model X for a fatal crash. Last October, when President Joe Biden appointed Duke University Professor Mary Cummings as a senior safety adviser to the NHTSA, Musk and thousands of Tesla fans protested on Twitter because of her history as a vocal skeptic of Autopilot, circulating a petition accusing her of bias.

More recently, a furor erupted over a viral YouTube video of a Tesla running over a child-size crash test dummy while purportedly operating in Full Self-Driving mode. In response, some Tesla owners posted videos of their vehicles safely stopping in front of real children, prompting the NHTSA to issue a “don’t try this at home” warning.

A Model 3 at a Tesla dealership in Chicago.
Photographer: Scott Olson/Getty Images

The trial will feature Tesla engineers and outside experts. These include Christopher “CJ” Moore, a former member of the company’s Autopilot executive team, now working for Apple Inc. After interviewing Moore last year, California DMV officials concluded that some of Musk’s tweets exaggerated Autopilot’s capabilities. One person the jury probably won’t hear from is Musk. A judge ruled that the billionaire entrepreneur didn’t have to sit for a deposition, rejecting the Banners’ argument that Musk has “unique knowledge” of the issues in the case.
Most problematic for Tesla may be what the proceeding reveals about the technology’s shortcomings. The public will get its first glimpse of troves of data Tesla collects, including granular information on Autopilot, according to Dana Taschner, a personal injury attorney who’s represented victims of crashes attributed to defects. “Tesla engineers will be on the stand testifying under oath about data and statistics that are very, very carefully guarded,” he says.
The trial also has ramifications for companies such as Apple and Alphabet Inc.’s Waymo, which are developing self-driving vehicles, and conventional carmakers such as BMW and Mercedes-Benz that are investing heavily in cars with automated driving features. For those manufacturers and their myriad suppliers, the trial is a cause for concern because of what it says about liability.
Expert insight into the future of cars

The Banner family’s lawsuit has its weaknesses, particularly a probe of the accident by the NTSB that found there was blame to go around. Investigators said the truck driver had failed to yield the right of way and faulted Banner for his “inattention due to over-reliance on automation.” But in a 2020 report, the agency criticized Tesla’s technology for insufficiently monitoring and enforcing driver engagement. “The Autopilot system did not send a visual or audible warning to the driver to put his hands back on the steering wheel,” the report said.
The NTSB reached similar conclusions in a 2017 report on a remarkably similar accident in northern Florida, also involving a fatal crash into a semitruck that the car’s sensors didn’t detect. Last October, the agency chastised Tesla for failing to respond to its 2017 recommendations, including limiting where Autopilot can be activated and ensuring that drivers pay attention while using the feature.
The NTSB’s findings about what caused Banner’s crash aren’t allowed as evidence under federal law. But independent experts could use the report as a “road map” to reestablish the same conclusions, says Peter Goelz, a former NTSB managing director. For Musk, the stakes couldn’t be higher. He has, after all, said full self-driving technology is the difference between Tesla being “worth basically zero” and making it one of the world’s most valuable corporations. “The technology is so fundamental to the appeal of the car,” Goelz says. “I don’t think Tesla is going to give an inch.”

Reactions: 6 users
A tiny heads up to all our new patent grant watchers it is my understanding that we are now in the period when additional patent grants of significance, everything being equal, should start to pop out of the system.

My opinion only but for good reason so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 64 users

dippY22

Regular
A tiny heads up to all our new patent grant watchers it is my understanding that we are now in the period when additional patent grants of significance, everything being equal, should start to pop out of the system.

My opinion only but for good reason so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I love it when you have understanding. You should change your handle to "ken". You have the chops to back it up.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

GDJR69

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
This is a great observation FF, well said. (y)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
View attachment 16606 View attachment 16607

Do we have any Wyckoff experts here? Or am I seeing things through my rose coloured glasses because of my bias?

Anyways, I think we are at a Wyckoff accumulation phase. It is not quite text book, but close.

No 2 charts would be alike so I guess it is normal to have some variances here. BRN is on the daily on this chart, still at below SMA 30, so is on the weekly, unfortunately. If it breaks the support line, this theory would be wrong, and I will go eat my humble pie, so keen to know how this plays out over the next 2 months.

Not financial advice, I am no charting expert so take my opinion with a kilogram of salt. The ASX, markets around the whole world, and the IT sector are all a bit confused at the moment, so there's also that.

Have a great day all.
Oooooh, such a lovely sight to see you back here matey.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Today Arm announced its next-generation cores for higher performance per core applications. Dubbed the Arm Neoverse V2 or “Demeter” core design, this will be the core design used for the NVIDIA Grace CPU when it launches in 2023.

The Arm Neoverse V2 platform is a new Armv9 core that is designed for higher performance than the N2 cores.

I'm not ot sure if we're involved, but I've speculated previously if it would be possible for AKIDA to be combined in the new Arm V9 cores thus inproving efficiency and perfomance without additional power consumption.

In the article below it states "Arm Vice President of Product Solutions Dermot O’Driscoll explained that "the cloud infrastructure of tomorrow will need to be able to handle an explosion of new data while effectively processing increasingly more complex workloads. At the same time, customers want to see increased power efficiency too, as they look to minimize their carbon footprints. In particular, he said customers are looking for solutions that push cloud workload performance without additional power and area requirements."

UPDATED 20:00 EDT / SEPTEMBER 14 2022

6759d148-bc8a-453c-b57d-663245e0822e-1.png
I

Arm unveils updated Neoverse CPU roadmap, targeting cloud, hyperscale and HPC workloads

Mike Wheatley

British semiconductor firm Arm Ltd. today unveiled a revamped product roadmap with new processor designs that it says will provide a foundation for multiple kinds of workloads over the next few years.
Arm’s roadmap sees the addition of Arm Neoverse V2, code-named Demeter, a new processor that’s expected to play a key role in data centers years into the future. The company said its latest core is built to provide the highest per-thread performance for cloud, hyperscale and high-performance computing workloads.
In an online presentation, Arm Chief Executive Rene Haas said industry leaders across cloud, HPC, 5G and edge computing have selected Arm Neoverse as the compute foundation for multiple next-generation infrastructure platforms. Arm Neoverse was introduced in 2018 as the company’s answer to Intel Corp.’s Xeon processors and Advanced Micro Devices Inc.’s Epyc chips, and has since evolved to three distinct platforms — the Arm V-series, N-series and E-series — each of which is aimed at different compute tasks.

What’s more, it will be coming soon. Arm said multiple partners are already working to get their chip designs based on Neoverse V2 to market. One of these is Nvidia Corp., which is using the V2 as the foundation for its new Grace data center central processing unit. Grace is said to combine the power efficiency of V2 with LPDDR5X memory to deliver twice the performance per watt compared with servers powered by traditional architectures.
arm-neoverse-roadmap-800x356.png

Arm said Nvidia’s Grace CPUs are already in manufacturing and that several other customers also have chips based on the V2 blueprint in late-stage development. Those customers include the likes of Ampere Computing LLC, Marvell Technologies Inc. and Amazon Web Services Inc.
Less information was provided about the upcoming N-series and E-series chip designs, which are set for a 2023 launch. While the V-series cores are designed to push the limits of performance, the N-series chips are tailored for applications where thread count is prioritized over single-threaded performance. Meanwhile, the Arm E-series cores are meant for data plane processing applications such as edge networking, 5G RAN and other kinds of acceleration.
Arm said the third iteration of its N-series core designs is in development and will be available to partners later next year. The E2’s successor is currently under development and should also be available next year.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 38 users

Bravo

It says here that Arm are working with 20 partners on the Neoverse N3 core which will combine CPU cores wtih AI accelerator cores.

Could be something, could be nothing.
88 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users

Bravo

“Neoverse V2 will deliver market-leading integer performance,” O’Driscoll added. When pressed for firm performance data, Arm declined to share details..

All very hush-hush.🤫

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 12.26.36 pm.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 25 users

Cardpro

Regular
Although I am not 100% sure what the ilmplications of banning short selling would be for us, I hope they freaking ban them lol

My personal view is that it doesnt help "investors" and it only helps "traders" to take profits from the "investors".

We have over 80 Mill worth of shares being shorted, they will just continue to print money untill Brainchip makes an announcement about contracts, revenue, etc. I hope we get a news sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon....

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Proga

Regular

Self-Driving Cars May Always Need Human Attention, Cruise CEO Says​

Cruise, General Motor's self-driving research wing and autonomous taxi provider in San Francisco, was the first company to be allowed to offer fully autonomous taxi services in America. Cruise's CEO Kyle Vogt was asked if he could see a point where remote human oversight could be removed from the company's autonomous vehicle fleet. His surprising response: "Why?" Edge cases in autonomous driving often require human intervention to get around, and currently, Cruise uses a staff of remote human operators to help with those situations. Cruise previously has never mentioned that this will likely be a long-term solution, however, according to Reuters, Vogt's statements make it clear that people will still be in the loop for a long time to come.
Most autonomous vehicles on public roads currently use backup humans in remote control centers to assist them in "edge cases." These edge cases are where the computer systems piloting the car get confused, which could be unusual situations such as a couch in the middle of the road or a child running after a ball into the street. The report suggests edge-case scenarios could be much more mundane. One anonymous Waymo operator told Reuters that he'd intervened around 30 times a day when Waymo autonomous cars wouldn't stop fast enough for red lights or other traffic.
The ideal scenario as most autonomous vehicle companies have described, however, is to slowly remove humans from the loop as software improves and allows for truly 100% autonomous driving, but this has proven more difficult than expected. Vogt explained that these human drivers will always be useful for riders, saying "I can provide my customers peace of mind knowing there is always a human there to help if needed."
And it's clear that sometimes the company's cars still need help, especially in the wake of massive programming-bug-induced traffic jams seen throughout San Francisco earlier this year. Indeed, California law for autonomous vehicles still requires a two-way link from a car to a human operator and vice-versa. Unfortunately, it's unclear how much these human operators will continue to affect Cruise, which reported losing $5 million a day in the second quarter of 2022, a loss the company partially attributed to high labor costs.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Although I am not 100% sure what the ilmplications of banning short selling would be for us, I hope they freaking ban them lol

My personal view is that it doesnt help "investors" and it only helps "traders" to take profits from the "investors".

We have over 80 Mill worth of shares being shorted, they will just continue to print money untill Brainchip makes an announcement about contracts, revenue, etc. I hope we get a news sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon....
It helps us all if you're willing to wait.
For example, we have 80 million plus shorts.
If company is moving in the right direction, there's only so much these said traders can do to influence the SP.
Earlier this year's Mercedes news is a good example.
When there's a breakout from the nearby resistance, there'll be traders who want to go long buying in. There'll also be shorters who have placed their stop loss above the resistance.
Combine both together, along with holders who know the company's worth, and aren't prepared to let it go cheaply, we have a perfect recipe for fireworks.

We can agree to disagree that shorting is bad for long termers.
I'm sure many long termers enjoyed the last run which wouldn't have happened with lower number of shorts.
But the question is are you prepared to hold it long enough to enjoy it?

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
In cabin personalisation is becoming more and more of a thing. Here's part of an email I received today from Mazda re: their CX-60 model. I am not suggesting it contains Akida, but rather that this demonstrates a strong willingness of automakers to utilise AI to enhance a drivers in cabin experience.

mazda60.jpg

mazda602.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
If company is moving in the right direction, there's only so much these said traders can do to influence the SP.
When there's a breakout from the nearby resistance, there'll be traders who want to go long buying in. There'll also be shorters who have placed their stop loss above the resistance.
Combine both together, along with holders who know the company's worth, and aren't prepared to let it go cheaply, we have a perfect recipe for fireworks.

I'm sure many long termers enjoyed the last run which wouldn't have happened with lower number of shorts.
I think you are both right and both wrong as the only way to be sure is to run scientifically controlled tests were side by side markets exist for the same securities one of which allows shorts to participate and one which does not.

The obvious flaw in being adamant about the merits of either market position is to assume that if shorting is outlawed shorts will no longer participate in the market in some other form and become house painters or fashion designers.

The reality is if they cannot short then they will turn to trading or investing and so will still be an influence in the markets.

The only thing I know is that shorting stock is not illegal.

Manipulating the market either as a short, a trader or an investor is a criminal offence.

I say up the Government investigation and prosecution of manipulators of all types. Gaol them and ban them from participating in the markets for life. Confiscate their proceeds of crime. Then put them in the stocks and make tomatoes tax deductible and after ten days whip them to an inch of their lives then draw and quarter them. Rehabilitation and retraining can then be made available on a compulsory basis in the unlikely event they survive the process.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users
I think you are both right and both wrong as the only way to be sure is to run scientifically controlled tests were side by side markets exist for the same securities one of which allows shorts to participate and one which does not.

The obvious flaw in being adamant about the merits of either market position is to assume that if shorting is outlawed shorts will no longer participate in the market in some other form and become house painters or fashion designers.

The reality is if they cannot short then then will turn to trading or investing and so will still be an influence in the markets.

Manipulating the market either as a short, a trader or an investor is a criminal offence.

I say up the Government investigation and prosecution of manipulators of all types. Gaol them and ban them from participating in the markets for life. Confiscate their proceeds of crime. Then put them in the stocks and make tomatoes tax deductible and after ten days whip them to an inch of their lives then draw and quarter them. Rehabilitation and retraining can then be made available on a compulsory basis in the unlikely event they survive the process.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
But, will their be dancing?

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Dhm

Regular
In cabin personalisation is becoming more and more of a thing. Here's part of an email I received today from Mazda re: their CX-60 model. I am not suggesting it contains Akida, but rather that this demonstrates a strong willingness of automakers to utilise AI to enhance a drivers in cabin experience.

View attachment 16633
View attachment 16634
I understand you don't know if Mazda is using Akida or not, but if they have done their homework they will understand soon enough who the rooster is in the hen house. And eventually they will line up for the benefits the rooster, errr, Akida offers.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

ndefries

Regular

The reality is if they cannot short then then will turn to trading or investing and so will still be an influence in the markets.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

It should be illegal that those that hold shares on behalf on another party e.g. a super fund on behalf of members be allowed to lend shares for shorting. It's most likely not in the interest of the member even if there is some interest paid on the lent shares.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Cardpro

Regular

Although I LOVED the last run, because I didnt sell a single share, I would've preferred if the share price stayed in the 1 - 1.5 range for my mental health lol

Living through 2.3 to 80c was rather difficult and stressful (especially because I kept buying more at higher price but didnt sell any) lol

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Top Bottom