BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bigal7425

Regular
Gee Brainchip must be making waves to get Nvidia, Intel and ARM to come together to try and stop the AKIDA tidal wave or is it a tsunami. 🤣😂🤣

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Is this an attempt to VHS our Beta so too speak?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
Sorry if I'm being ignorant, but does anybody know why last patent hasn't been formally announced to the masses??
Probably will be announced in the next quarterly. It has to be financially material for an ASX announcement this one Probably didn't meet that criteria.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀

"RISC-V processors fly into space
In the future, NASA will rely on RISC-V for high-performance spaceflight computing (HPSC). A European nanosat with RISC-V CPU is already orbiting the earth."

I don't know to what extent this has an influence on our Akida IP. So I post it rather for understanding the ecosystem in general or for the archive (Codasip, Renesas, RISC-V, R9A02G020 MCU ASSP, ROCINANTE family, Trinamic). If I understand it correctly Codasip is a competitor of SiFive. But how does Renesas play into this?
If I write nonsense please correct me.
___
Heise is one of the best press outlets Germany has to offer.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Deliberately I post this without evaluation and want to remain as neutral as possible with this post. I have followed the construction of the booth and immediately two cutting questions but also a solution for an unsolved problem in mind. But make up your own mind about their alternative concept. I am curious about comments.

https://www.mira-mobility.com/shaping-the-future-of-mobility/
I take that as a very good sign that almost no one seems to care. I had wondered a lot about the concept. My thoughts were immediately what do they do in case of a disconnection (jammer or tunnel or outland or outage) and how do they deal with the darkness. What could be interesting as a service provider would be to solve particularly deadlocked situations that seem unsolvable for an AI (I brought up the example with the narrow road).

Reactions: 3 users

cosors

👀
‍Yes or no Ladies and gentlemen.......AKIDA???????
RISC-V based ASSP Offered in Collaboration with Ecosystem Partners Delivers Complete, Production-Ready Motor Control System Solution
September 8, 2022
RISC-V ASSP for Motor Control
TOKYO, Japan ― Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today introduced the industry’s first RISC-V MCU specifically optimized for advanced motor control systems. The new solution enables customers to benefit from a ready-to-use, turnkey solution for motor control applications, with no development cost. Customers benefit from reduced time to market and cost reductions with the delivery of a pre-programmed ASSP that eliminates RISC-V related tools and software investment. Target applications for the new solution include home/building automation, healthcare devices, home appliances, drones and more.
Renesas has taken a leadership role in delivering RISC-V embedded processing solutions, having recently introduced the 64-bit general-purpose RZ/Five MPUs based on a 64-bit RISC-V CPU, and announcing development of RISC-V automotive solutions, as well.
“As the leading embedded processing provider, Renesas delivers the solutions our customers demand across any number of platforms” said Roger Wendelken, Senior Vice President in Renesas’ IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit. “This RISC-V-based ASSP offers an optimum combination of low cost, quick time-to-market, and outstanding performance. It complements our current portfolio nicely, reaching out to new customers and emerging markets across the globe.”

Optimized Solution in Collaboration with Global Partners​

Renesas’ new R9A02G020 motor control ASSP is based on RISC-V processing IP from Andes Technology Corp. Franklin Lin, CEO of Andes, said, “We are thrilled to have Andes' entry-level RISC-V processor IP providing computing power in Renesas' R9A02G020 MCU ASSP. We believe Renesas making a powerful, low-power MCU ASSP available to the market will accelerate the incorporation of RISC-V in a broad array of applications. It will also encourage software developers to produce more creative and efficient applications for RISC-V, thus speeding up adoption of this next generation paradigm.”
Renesas will deliver the new RISC-V ASSP pre-programmed with specialized application code developed by leading Independent Design Houses (IDHs) BFG Engineering and DigiPower (HK) Technology Ltd. Both BFG and DigiPower have specialized expertise in the motor control field and proven customer support capability. BFG is famous for sensor-less algorithms that allow customers to reduce motor start-up times. DigiPower has been creating cost-optimized, scalable motor drive solutions since 2008 and has designed specific solutions for control of refrigerator compressors, fans, pumps and more. Both BFG and DigiPower will work with customers to finalize designs and aid the transition to production.
SEGGER Microcontroller GmbH has also partnered in this effort. The complete SEGGER ecosystem, including Embedded Studio and J-Link, was a key element used to create and test these motor control solutions.

Key Features of the R9A02G020 Motor Control ASSP Solution​

• Innovative, cost-optimized 32MHz, 32-bit CPU core based on license-free RISC-V ISA
  • Rich analog IP functionality: ADCs with three dedicated PGA and S/H, two DACs, two comparators, temperature sensor
  • Advanced motor control timers, two watchdog timers
  • Small 24- and 32-pin QFN packages
  • High temperature support up to Ta +125°C for harsh operating environments
  • Sensor-less vector control for one BLDC motor, 1/3 shunt, PFC and Hall sensor inputs
  • Flash: 48 KB
  • SRAM: 16 KB (4KB with ECC)
  • CPU and bus memory protection units
  • Pre-programmed and tested motor control software
  • Complete reference design: hardware, software, kit, tools, hardware datasheet, software datasheet, GUI manual, app notes

RISC-V Motor Control Winning Combination​

Renesas has designed a 3-Phase Motor Control with RISC-V Core Winning Combination that employs the R9A02G020 and other compatible devices from Renesas portfolio to support general-purpose 3-phase motors. Renesas Winning Combinations are technically vetted system architectures from mutually compatible devices that work together seamlessly to bring an optimized low-risk design for a faster time to market. Renesas offers more than 300 Winning Combinations with a wide range of products from the Renesas portfolio to enable customers to speed up the design process and bring their products to market more quickly. They can be found at renesas.com/win.

Availability​

The R9A02G020 MCU ASSP motor control solution is available now. For further information, please visit: renesas.com/R9A02G020.

About Renesas Electronics Corporation​

Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
All names of products or services mentioned in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their owners.

The content in the press release, including, but not limited to, product prices and specifications, is based on the information as of the date indicated on the document, but may be subject to change without prior notice.
It seems to be a no. See above. I finally want to find a yes...

Reactions: 3 users

Dr E Brown

Regular

Interesting!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Zedjack33

Regular
Why would Sean even bother?

Or is Sean living his hobby/dream?

Attachments

• B0037716-5513-4EE8-B381-70BCBBBBC47D.jpeg
    B0037716-5513-4EE8-B381-70BCBBBBC47D.jpeg
    671.3 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: 11 users

Slade

Top 20
What is this 😆? I’m staying up to watch it 😂
On second thoughts, its an investor presentation. Managed to log in to the sequire semiconductor conference and looks like BrainChip will use an old PPT to present. Think I will give it a miss. I very much need my beauty sleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

cosors

👀
Hey Brain Fam,

Check out what they're sazying about the new Mercedes-Benz GLC...

"The latest generation of the MBUX infotainment system with two large, standard displays and full-screen navigation makes the interior even more digital and intelligent. The voice assistant "Hey Mercedes" has become more capable of dialogue and learning."

❤️🧠🍟

View attachment 11312
Jul 13, 2022
Not new for us but the Indian press page is full of information.

Mercedes-Benz says ‘Hey’ to the future: launches the new GLC with MBUX.
1663251252831.png

"The most important advancements of the GLC

MBUX - Innovative telematics:

The combination of the touchscreen multimedia displays, navigation with augmented reality, intelligent voice control via the talk button or the "Hey Mercedes“ prompt, connectivity and the user interface now brings the GLC also in line with the latest technological standards.

What3Words: Mercedes-Benz has built what3words location technology into its MBUX navigation system. Mercedes-Benz is committed to offering a premium and intuitive customer experience, and what3words ensures that drivers reach their destination seamlessly, every single time. By integrating what3words into their vehicles, Mercedes-Benz customers can benefit from a precise and incredibly simple way to talk about any location. what3words is the only addressing system that allows for accurate and error-free location input by voice. Mercedes-Benz recognised the system’s potential and built it into its infotainment system, removing the challenges associated with in-car navigation and providing a smooth driving experience.

‘Traditional street addresses just were not built for voice input. Street addresses also use thousands of non-dictionary words, the pronunciation of which can be near impossible to guess. Mercedes-Benz is known for innovation, so it is no surprise to us that it was the first automotive company to integrate our system into their vehicles’ said Chris Sheldrick, CEO and co-founder of what3words."
https://what3words.com/en/about

Press Release
Updates from Mercedes-Benz India

https://www.mercedes-benz.co.in/passengercars/the-brand/press-releases/stage.module.html

Also from the page. I know it's a bit older but the page is much nicer than the old article.
It looks really futuristic! Under the link at the bottom of the post you will find the whole article worth a look or two I think!

@Learning
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-104239
1663251926296.png

1663252477667.png

1663252493402.png

"Masterpiece of effiency.​

At Mercedes-Benz, the consideration of efficiency goes far beyond the drive concept, because with increasing digitalisation, the performance of the large number of so-called secondary consumers also comes into focus – along with their efficient energy supply, without negatively affecting the drive power of the vehicle itself. Energy consumption per computing operation is already a key target in the development of new computer chips. This trend will continue in the coming years with the growth of sensors and artificial intelligence in the automotive industry. The neuro-inspired approach of the VISION AVTR, including so-called neuromorphic hardware, promises to minimise the energy requirements of sensors, chips and other components to a few watts. Their energy supply is provided by the cached current of the integrated solar plates on the back of the VISION AVTR. The 33 multi-directionally movable surface elements act as “bionic flaps”.

@Bravo (I admit that I don't really get how this works. Maybe you can figure it out;)

>Intuitive< control.​

The VISION AVTR already responds to the approach of the passengers by visualising the energy and information flow of the environment with digital neurons that flow through the grille through the wheels to the rear area. The first interaction in the interior between man and vehicle happens completely intuitively via the control unit: by placing the hand on the centre console, the interior comes to life and the vehicle recognises the driver by his breathing. This is made visible on the instrument panel and on the user’s hand. The VISION AVTR thus establishes a biometric connection with the driver and increases his awareness of the environment. The digital neurons flow from the interior into the exterior and visualise the flow of energy and information. For example, when driving, the neurons flow over the outside of the vehicle. When changing direction, the energy flows to the corresponding side of the vehicle."

=> https://www.mercedes-benz.co.in/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/e-mobility/vision-avtr0/vision-avtr.module.html?urlReference=b89b566d15124454b1faf5cf7b892c4f

I can see it coming. At the bottom an avatar pops up on the means:
"We are here to help and look forward to any of your questions or feedback."
Now we'll bombard him with Akida questions :eek:🤣

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 35 users

cosors

👀
@wilzy123 by some miracle I found it. It is above and under the graphic titled Launching in 2021. About the 4th graphic in a very long article

Mercedes-Benz's plan is to build mb.OS for the first time in compact and medium-sized electric vehicles based on the MMA platform, and to adopt a self-developed operating system in all subsequent models.

The reason for choosing to launch MB.OS on the MMA platform model, Mercedes-Benz's consideration is that the users of the entry-level model are younger, more receptive to new things, and can also propose improvements to the system.

In 2020, Mercedes-Benz announced that it will develop its own vehicle operating system, MB.OS, which is scheduled to be ready in 2024 and will be installed on an electric model based on the MMA platform launched in 2025.
"The next big step: Our in-house developed operating system MB.OS as a direct interface for features that customers can experience, which as a unique and uniform software platform will form the basis for all future Mercedes-Benz vehicles. "
https://group.mercedes-benz.com/kar...des-benz-operating-system/michael-hafner.html

@Proga I don't know if this is still a relvenate topic as I can't read all the posts. I just remembered the discussion.

Dallas

Regular
https://www.zdnet.com/article/ich-verbrachte-gerade-eine-woche-mit-einer-roboterkatze-und-mein-leben-wird-niemals-dasselbe/😢😢😢😢🤣🤠

Reactions: 1 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
We're pleased to collaborate with Intel Corporation and NVIDIA to support FP8, driving forward future AI development.

The new 8-bit floating point specification, FP8, addresses the demand for greater Neural Network efficiency as the number of diverse applications requiring more accuracy grows.

Our collaboration to support this one standard will allow you to leverage existing implementations while accelerating adoption across platforms.

With plans to add FP8 support to the Armv9 ISA as part of Armv9.5-A in 2023, this will give you more time to focus on innovation and differentiation where it really matters: https://bit.ly/3BgAJJK

1663258594400.png

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users

cosors

👀
I didn't know we are a sponsor here: https://www.tinyml.org/sponsors/
A great community. Learning has already indicated that Anil Mankar will be presenting on the 27th of this month: https://www.tinyml.org/event/tinyml-neuromorphic-engineering-forum/
Somehow I stumbled across the name of the next speaker ("Autonomous Agile Drones"), it reminded me. I don't mean our avatar but Scaramuzza from this post or article of Fullmoonfever:
https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-126441

or this one:
https://idw-online.de/en/news?print=1&id=777140

🤔... ... 🤔

Event-driven Vision and Control for UAVs on a Neuromorphic Chip​

Antonio Vitale; Alpha Renner; Celine Nauer; Davide Scaramuzza; Yulia Sandamirskaya
In addition, we demonstrate how online adaptation of the SNN controller can be realised using on-chip learning. Our spiking neuronal network on chip is the first example of a neuromorphic vision-based controller on chip solving a high-speed UAV control task. The excellent scalability of processing in neuromorphic hardware opens the possibility to solve more challenging visual tasks in the future and integrate visual perception in fast control loops.
..." https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9560881

🤔... ...🤔... Am I thinking in the right direction?!

Out of respect an excerpt about Davide Scaramuzza:
"...
From 2015 to 2018, he was part of the DARPA FLA program (Fast Lightweight Autonomy) to research autonomous, agile navigation of micro drones in GPS-denied environments. In 2018, his team won the IROS 2018 Autonomous Drone Race and in 2019 it ranked second in the AlphaPilot Drone Racing world championship.

For his research contributions to autonomous, vision-based, drone navigation and event cameras, he won prestigious awards, such as a European Research Council (ERC) Consolidator Grant, the IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Early Career Award, an SNSF-ERC Starting Grant, a Google Research Award, the KUKA Innovation Award, two Qualcomm Innovation Fellowships, the European Young Research Award, the Misha Mahowald Neuromorphic Engineering Award, a Facebook Distinguished Faculty Research Award, two NASA TechBrief Awards, and several paper awards.
Many aspects of his research have been prominently featured in broader media, such as The New York Times, The Economist, Forbes, Discovery Channel, La Repubblica, Neue Zurcher Zeitung and also in technology-focused media, such as IEEE Spectrum, MIT Technology Review, Tech Crunch, Wired, The Verge.
..."
https://rpg.ifi.uzh.ch/people_scaramuzza.html

This is a crass guy!

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

Interesting!

Important find Dr. E.

The EU unboxes its plan for smart device security​

Natasha Lomas@riptari / 10:22 PM GMT+10•September 15, 2022
Woman sitting at home, using digital tablet to remote-control his smart home

Image Credits: Getty Images
European Union lawmakers have proposed a new set of product rules to apply to smart devices that’s intended to compel makers of Internet-connected hardware — such as ‘smart’ washing machines or connected toys — to pay fulsome attention to device security.
The proposed EU Cyber Resilience Act will introduce mandatory cybersecurity requirements for products that have “digital elements” sold across the bloc, with requirements applying throughout their lifecycle — meaning gadget makers will need to provide ongoing security support and updates to patch emerging vulnerabilities — the Commission said today.
The draft regulation also has a focus on smart device makers communicating to consumers “sufficient and accurate information” — to ensure buyers able to grasp security considerations at the point of purchase and set up devices securely after purchase.

Penalties proposed by the Commission for non-compliance for “essential” cybersecurity requirements scale up to the higher of €15M or 2.5% of worldwide annual turnover, with other regulation obligation breaches having a maximum sanction of €10M or 2% of turnover.
The EU’s executive said the proposed regulation will apply to all products that are connected “either directly or indirectly to another device or network” — with some exceptions for products for which cybersecurity requirements are already set out in existing EU rules, such as medical devices, aviation and cars.

Pan-EU rules for smart device security​

In a summary of the proposed measures, which are based on an Legislative Framework for EU product legislation which was updated in 2008, the Commission said they will lay down:
(a) rules for the placing on the market of products with digital elements to ensure their cybersecurity;
(b) essential requirements for the design, development and production of products with digital elements, and obligations for economic operators in relation to these products;
(c) essential requirements for the vulnerability handling processes put in place by manufacturers to ensure the cybersecurity of products with digital elements during the whole life cycle, and obligations for economic operators in relation to these processes. Manufacturers will also have to report actively exploited vulnerabilities and incidents;
(d) rules on market surveillance and enforcement.
“The new rules will rebalance responsibility towards manufacturers, who must ensure conformity with security requirements of products with digital elements that are made available on the EU market,” it wrote in a press release. “As a result, they will benefit consumers and citizens, as well as businesses using digital products, by enhancing the transparency of the security properties and promoting trust in products with digital elements, as well as by ensuring better protection of their fundamental rights, such as privacy and data protection.”

A Commission Q&A on the initiative further stipulates that manufacturers would undergo “a process of conformity assessment to demonstrate whether the specified requirements relating to a product have been fulfilled”. It notes that this might be done via self-assessment or by a third-party conformity assessment “depending on the criticality of the product in question”.
Where compliance with the applicable requirements has been demonstrated, device makers would be able to affix the EU’s CE mark — indicating conformity of digital elements with the product security regulation.
Non-compliance would be handled by market surveillance authorities appointed by Member States which would be responsible for enforcement — with proposed powers to not only order a stop to non-compliance but “eliminate the risk” by prohibiting a product from being sold or otherwise restricting its market availability. Competent authorities could also order infringing products to be withdrawn or recalled. While supplying incorrect, incomplete or misleading info to regulators and surveillance authorities would risk a fine of up to €5M or 1% of turnover.
Commenting in a statement, Margrethe Vestager, Commission EVP for digital strategy, added: “We deserve to feel safe with the products we buy in the single market. Just as we can trust a toy or a fridge with a CE marking, the Cyber Resilience Act will ensure the connected objects and software we buy comply with strong cybersecurity safeguards. It will put the responsibility where it belongs, with those that place the products on the market.”
Smart devices have been a hot bed of security horror stories for years. Although there have been earlier legislative moves to plug glaring security gaps — such as a 2018 California law banning makers from setting easily guessable default passwords in devices.

The UK has also been working on a ‘security by design’ law for connected gadgets for a number of years — airing a draft back in 2019(though this product security bill, which bundles telecoms infrastructure security provisions, is still making its way through the British parliament).
Despite not being first to the punch on smart device security, the EU is hoping its nascent approach will become an international point of reference, with the Commission’s press release suggesting: “EU standards based on the Cyber Resilience Act will facilitate its implementation and will be an asset for the EU cybersecurity industry in global markets.”
However there is still a fairly long road for the proposal to travel before it can become EU law, as the European Parliament and Council will need to examine the draft — and may seek to amend it.
The Commission has also proposed a two year time frame once the regulation is adopted for device makers and EU Member States to adapt to the full sweep of the new rules. So the regulation likely won’t be biting much before 2025.

That said, there is a shorter timeframe for the reporting obligation on manufacturers for “actively exploited vulnerabilities and incidents” — which would apply one year from the date of entry into force of the regulation, as the Commission expects that piece to be easier to implement.”

If I was a toy maker I would think the best approach in most cases would be smart toys that do not need connection.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Foxdog

Regular
We're pleased to collaborate with Intel Corporation and NVIDIA to support FP8, driving forward future AI development.

The new 8-bit floating point specification, FP8, addresses the demand for greater Neural Network efficiency as the number of diverse applications requiring more accuracy grows.

Our collaboration to support this one standard will allow you to leverage existing implementations while accelerating adoption across platforms.

With plans to add FP8 support to the Armv9 ISA as part of Armv9.5-A in 2023, this will give you more time to focus on innovation and differentiation where it really matters: https://bit.ly/3BgAJJK

View attachment 16675
Excuse my ignorance, but what are the implications here for AKIDA?

Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Maybe sometimes it's important to keep the whole thing in perspective. Many posts things that describe the large ecosystem. Not being too focused is sometimes important I think.

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I was wondering the same thing. Does this mean Akida can be added to all forms of ARM Cortex?

• Fire

Getupthere

Regular
1663277105786.jpeg

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Foxdog

Regular
Maybe sometimes it's important to keep the whole thing in perspective. Many posts things that describe the large ecosystem. Not being too focused is sometimes important I think.
True but I'm always looking (nervously) for developments that might indicate that AKIDA has been usurped by another company (chip). I know we're 3 years ahead of the competition but the risk and uncertainty still remains until mass adoption of AKIDA is confirmed by company announcements.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
Top Bottom