BRN Discussion Ongoing

BaconLover

Founding Member
I think you are both right and both wrong as the only way to be sure is to run scientifically controlled tests were side by side markets exist for the same securities one of which allows shorts to participate and one which does not.

The obvious flaw in being adamant about the merits of either market position is to assume that if shorting is outlawed shorts will no longer participate in the market in some other form and become house painters or fashion designers.

The reality is if they cannot short then then will turn to trading or investing and so will still be an influence in the markets.

The only thing I know is that shorting stock is not illegal.

Manipulating the market either as a short, a trader or an investor is a criminal offence.

I say up the Government investigation and prosecution of manipulators of all types. Gaol them and ban them from participating in the markets for life. Confiscate their proceeds of crime. Then put them in the stocks and make tomatoes tax deductible and after ten days whip them to an inch of their lives then draw and quarter them. Rehabilitation and retraining can then be made available on a compulsory basis in the unlikely event they survive the process.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Very valid points indeed.
While I don't mind people short trading, I must clarify, I don't like when they spread fear among investors to gain advantage.

As to your scientific evidence question, I know along with Australia, countries like France, Spain, Italy, Canada etc banned short selling during 2008'09 saga. Australia reinstated it as we know, not sure how other countries are going. If someone is involved in those countries' exchanges might be able to comment.
I assume there'll be still the factor of spreading fear in order for them to enter cheaply in a stock.

This statement might be controversial, but some may remember posters bashing BRN so much on HC a few years ago until they got their fill, and then turned to be pro Akida once they got their shares.
So whether short sales are gone or not, those with less integrity will continue to do their thing, when it's $$$$ on the line. Investors just will need to keep doing their DD, and as FF often says, have a plan and execute it without fail.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

VictorG

But, will their be dancing?
I expect should they survive Fact Finder's punishment and rehabilitation process, the shorters will be performing interpretative dancing but only on the inside.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Wags

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
While I don't mind people short trading, I must clarify, I don't like when they spread fear among investors to gain advantage.

As to your scientific evidence question, I know along with Australia, countries like France, Spain, Italy, Canada etc banned short selling during 2008'09 saga. Australia reinstated it as we know, not sure how other countries are going. If someone is involved in those countries' exchanges might be able to comment.
I assume there'll be still the factor of spreading fear in order for them to enter cheaply in a stock.

This statement might be controversial, but some may remember posters bashing BRN so much on HC a few years ago until they got their fill, and then turned to be pro Akida once they got their shares.
So whether short sales are gone or not, those with less integrity will continue to do their thing, when it's $$$$ on the line. Investors just will need to keep doing their DD, and as FF often says, have a plan and execute it without fail.
Hi BL
Ages ago now I read the report supporting the reintroduction of short selling and without sounding like a cynical old fellow who has nothing good to say about anyone it was far from independent and sounded more like the fox doing an independent assessment on whether farmers should persist with locking up their chickens at night.

True scientific experimentation requires a control group of the same constitution so the only way for the experience of the ASX to count is to run two markets side by side for ten years at least on my reckoning to allow full market cycles to play out. This is obviously not feasible in a practical sense so back to my regulatory plan for wiping out manipulators in a just and fair manner.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
But, will their be dancing?
So you are in favour of the gallows. Hanging is very cruel I would never support that so absolutely no dancing. 😂🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
I'm pretty sure they stated in the newsletter that the podcast was on a break (into October I think).
I don't remember seeing this but thanks for pointing it out mate 👍

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

cassip

Regular
  • Fire
If @Fact Finder 's punishment routine includes bare foot on hot coals, then YES, there will be dancing.
Goodness me burning coal is politically incorrect in the extreme. As exquisite a punishment as it might be we need our government to act responsibly.

Bamboo is sustainable so a sound beating of the soles of their feet while in the stocks is a reasonable alternative and environmentally sustainable. A win win for the markets and the environment.😇

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

robsmark

Regular
arnold schwarzenegger smile GIF

Cracking day - It’s great to be a Shareholder.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Cardpro

Regular
  • Love
... and funnily enuf, Akida only does 4-bits.
Gee Brainchip must be making waves to get Nvidia, Intel and ARM to come together to try and stop the AKIDA tidal wave or is it a tsunami. 🤣😂🤣

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users
?? Nothing changed
Well when you first posted it was 33 hours away now it is 10 hours away so tomorrow after 5 am Sydney time we will know.

What will it be AKIDA 2.0 with LSTM being demonstrated for first time.😂🤡😂

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 25 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
this link shows a nice video from the AIHardwareSummit, at 0.39 sec, I can see a really nice golden tablecloth

What an amazing first day at both the AI Hardware Summit and EDGE AI Summit!

With a mix of informative keynotes, panel discussions and developer workshops yesterday was an extremely beneficial and engaging day for everyone who attended!

And for the next two days its only going to get better with sessions from companies like Synopsys Inc, Meta, Microsoft and many more!

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love

cassip

Regular

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

Sign the Petition:​

Ban the Predatory Short Selling of Financial Securities​

Recently, we have seen billions of dollars wiped from global and Australian equities markets in part due to the practice of Short Selling. This predatory trading technique is often executed in conjunction with algorithmic "bot trading" and has lead to the destruction of the hard earned savings of everyday investors, self managed super funds and retirees.
In particular, the big four banks (ANZ, CBA, NAB, WBC) have had their shares savaged by offshore short sellers which has impacted the large amount of Australian investors currently holding these companies.
During the Global Financial Crisis (GFC), we saw regulations introduced to ban the short selling of financial stocks to add stability to the financial system. Once the market stabilised and confidence returned we saw these short selling bans removed.
We now see ourselves entering a similar period of uncertainty where international hedge funds are targeting Australian financial stocks to gain exposure to the overall Australian market. We now believe it is reasonable to reinstate these bans on short selling in the financial sector as a measure to add financial stability to the market.

By signing, you accept the Australian Stock Report's Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy and agree to receive occasional emails about our products and services. You can unsubscribe at any time.
  • Click here to sign the petition

I agree as BL has mentioned it has been banned!! (suspended) before in hard times maybe it's time to do it again!!

During this volatile time, we believe that this counter-productive trading activity should be banned to protect everyday Australian investors who rely on the stock market to build their wealth and fund their retirement.

We are calling on all investors to join us in signing our Petition to Ban the Predatory Short Selling of Financial Securities, which we will present to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). We have found the ASX to be proactive and fast acting and believe they are the ideal organisation to present our petition signatures to.
Our proposed short sell ban would be structured as follows:​
  • An immediate ban on the short selling of stocks in the Financial Sector;
  • The unwinding of existing short sell positions on such stock; and,
  • Careful monitoring of the market to assess if further intervention is warranted.
Our goal is to protect mum and dad investors, retirees and self managed super funds from having their wealth erased and their quality of life reduced by this hostile trading method.
We ask that you share this petition with your friends and family who would like to have their voices heard. For more information, please call us on 1300 720 292 or email us at invest@australianstockreport.com.au.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

1663236181762.png

• Fire
Reactions: 9 users
Top Bottom