BRN Discussion Ongoing

If you loved join the dots as a child then this is one for grown up Brainchip shareholders:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
“I am

currently leading projects in robotic exploration using robots to investigate the geology and biology of the Atacama Desert in Chile using the rover Zoë. It has surveyed over 250km autonomously measuring the distribution of micro-organisms.”

Anyone else remember the former CEO Mr. Dinardo mentioning a project in South America and the fruitless search of many members of the 1,000 Eyes trying to dig up what it was all about.

I think Chile is in South America.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Taproot

Regular
This is a very interesting article if you like reading generally about robotics research but there is to my surprise a very interesting nugget of information in a paragraph well in to the article. I don’t want to spoil the surprise so I will leave it to you to find:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Brainchip Holdings

September Quarter 2018

Update Presentation November 07, 2018

“If you take it up a notch and as Akida starts to generate more and more activity and this will be far in advance of us actually having silicon. We've already got a lot of inbound traffic and we're reaching out to the peripheral or tangential customers that we think really reflect the inbound traffic that we've had. We will probably take these categories to report to you regularly what goes on in the industrial space. When you're selling integrated circuits, industrial space is a great market in that you get the design win and it lasts for five, 10 or 15 years. Once you get into a system, let's say you get into a transducer application in a tractor out of Caterpillar as a good example.

I heard recently that Caterpillar tractors have something over 700 transducers which send data up to the cloud basically an IoT like device. You get designed into a Caterpillar tractor, you're going to have very nice average selling price and you're going to have a very nice long life cycle.”

+

December Quarter 2018

Update Presentation February 01, 2019

We can do both inference and autonomous learning in a single low power, low latency and low cost IC. What that allows us to do is bring artificial intelligence from the data centre or the cloud to the edge, the edge being where is the transducer, where's the camera, where's the ultrasound or is it the lidar or radar in automotive application? Where are the smart transducers that are measuring pressure, temperature flow in the industrial environment? You know, a caterpillar tractor or some other device that's in the field but has smart transducers. Bringing intelligence to the edge allows you to make decisions at the edge or at least produce actionable data at the edge rather than taking all the camera data, all the transducer data, sending it back to a data centre or sending it up to the cloud, having to process that data, the latency, the hogging of the bus and the CPU or GPU processing power. We move that to the edge whether it's in a surveillance camera, whether it's in a smart transducer.

+

by NNR | Posted on April 14, 2021

By mimicking brain processing, BrainChip has pioneered a processing architecture, called Akida, which is both scalable and flexible to address the requirements in edge devices. At the edge, sensor inputs are analyzed at the point of acquisition rather than through transmission via the cloud to a data center. Akida is designed to provide a complete ultra-low power and fast AI Edge Network for vision, audio, olfactory and smart transducer applications. The reduction in system latency provides faster response and a more power efficient system that can reduce the large carbon footprint of data centers.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Baisyet

Regular
Good refresher from 2021

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
1663066096045.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 48 users
This is a really good reminder of what we’re looking at long term. * I corrected original post

a P/E at the industry average of 37, with 10% royalties means a market cap of ~$6b USD, for JUST 1% of JUST the edge market.

If you think the possibility of this occurring is higher than 25% than there’s a big arbitrage opportunity.
Can you tell us a yearly wage bill ?

Lex555

Regular
“I am

currently leading projects in robotic exploration using robots to investigate the geology and biology of the Atacama Desert in Chile using the rover Zoë. It has surveyed over 250km autonomously measuring the distribution of micro-organisms.”

Anyone else remember the former CEO Mr. Dinardo mentioning a project in South America and the fruitless search of many members of the 1,000 Eyes trying to dig up what it was all about.

I think Chile is in South America.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I’ve emailed the ASX as the whereabouts of Chile and they can confirm it’s south of Mexico but cannot 100% confirm it’s in South America

• Haha
Reactions: 26 users
Good refresher from 2021

Thanks for that @Baisyet .

That was excellent.

I hadn’t seen that one before, not sure how i missed it but it was worth the watch.

Great to listen to with the benefit of knowing where we are now as well.

Cheers,

:)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
I’ve emailed the ASX as the whereabouts of Chile and they can confirm it’s south of Mexico but cannot 100% confirm it’s in South America

They cant confirm if its in one of the top 5 of the 7 continents either.....

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Recent video from Micron talking about how they are moving towards AI at the edge. Talks about automotive applications like driver monitoring applications like eye gazing, multifactor authentication of people approaching their car through use of gestures among things, as well as mentioning how ai processing is being done on the camera at the edge.
At the start it also talks about how they are developing their own custom accelerator which can do 8-bit processesing at 40 tops which is intended to do lightweight processing (interesting given Akida can handle 8-bit inputs). They describe it as a "really simple accelerator that's meant to go into a hosted environment". Sounds very similar to how Akida can be used as a co-processor to handle lower power workloads more efficiently.

Nothing conclusive here but it's an interesting watch.

1663068938787.png

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users
Talking about automotive this is what Mercedes Benz said moments ago:

“Sep 13, 2022
Stuttgart

Press Contact (2)

DRIVE PILOT: the world’s first internationally certified Level3 system
When it comes to conditionally automated driving (SAE Level 3), safety and reliability are the top priorities for Mercedes-Benz. DRIVE PILOT is therefore based on a system architecture that enables safe control of all situations that could potentially arise. To this end, braking, steering, power supply and some parts of the sensor system are designed with physical and functional redundancy. By adopting this safety‑focused approach to system design, Mercedes-Benz is setting completely new benchmarks in automated driving. DRIVE PILOT, the world’s first internationally certified system, has been available as an option for the S-Class and EQS in Germany since 17 May 2022.
The four core elements of the redundant architecture encompass the braking system, steering, power supply and some of the sensors. This includes environment recognition and handling. The battery, steering motor, wheel speed sensors and algorithms used by the system for data calculation are likewise duplicated. Some aspects of the sensor system are also functionally redundant because their different physical concepts (incl. optical; ultrasound; radio waves) are mutually corroborative, thus ensuring safe operation at all times. This mainly encompasses radar, cameras and a LiDAR. However, ultrasound and moisture sensors as well as microphones also deliver valuable data. Overall, more than 30 sensors ensure that DRIVE PILOT is reliably able to master the task of driving.
“The name Mercedes-Benz has always stood for safety. And we are already setting standards in the development and implementation of automated driving systems like DRIVE PILOT. We are convinced that redundancy is the right approach for Level 3 automated driving and beyond. When it comes to sensors, we also see the use of LiDAR alongside radar and cameras as particularly indispensable. We can compensate for the situation-dependent deficits of one sensor with the characteristics of another. Relying on just one type of sensor would not meet Mercedes-Benz’s high safety standards,” says Markus Schäfer, Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG, Chief Technology Officer, responsible for Development and Procurement.
Following activation of DRIVE PILOT, the system controls speed and distance, and keeps the vehicle in its own lane. Under certain conditions and on suitable sections of German autobahn, customers can hand over the task of driving to the system when traveling in heavy traffic or traffic jams at speeds of up to 60 km/h. In the unlikely event of a failure in one of the primary systems, the DRIVE PILOT system architecture is able to recognise the situation and facilitate a safe handover of control to the driver. Even if the driver is unable to comply with a handover prompt, e.g. due to a medical emergency, DRIVE PILOT initiates a safe emergency stop manoeuvre that does not pose a risk to traffic following behind.

Mercedes-Benz at the forefront of automated driving and safety technologies​

Since the invention of the automobile in 1886, Mercedes-Benz has repeatedly set benchmarks in vehicle safety with innovative technologies. Safety is one of the brand’s core values, which is why Mercedes-Benz has been offering advanced driver assistance systems (SAE Level 2) in its vehicles for years. They can improve road safety and make life significantly easier in everyday situations. For instance, they provide assistance with speed and distance control, steering and switching lanes. In December 2021, Mercedes-Benz became the first automaker worldwide to receive internationally valid system approval for conditionally automated driving (SAE Level 3). In Germany, DRIVE PILOT has been available for the S-Class and EQS since 17 May 2021. And for parking, the brand has gone one step further – with pre-installation of INTELLIGENT PARK PILOT for the future facilitation of fully automated driverless parking to SAE Level 4.”

Being a Brainchip savant I personally find much of interest in this article.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

Proga

Regular
Talking about automotive this is what Mercedes Benz said moments ago:

“Sep 13, 2022
Stuttgart

Press Contact (2)

DRIVE PILOT: the world’s first internationally certified Level3 system
When it comes to conditionally automated driving (SAE Level 3), safety and reliability are the top priorities for Mercedes-Benz. DRIVE PILOT is therefore based on a system architecture that enables safe control of all situations that could potentially arise. To this end, braking, steering, power supply and some parts of the sensor system are designed with physical and functional redundancy. By adopting this safety‑focused approach to system design, Mercedes-Benz is setting completely new benchmarks in automated driving. DRIVE PILOT, the world’s first internationally certified system, has been available as an option for the S-Class and EQS in Germany since 17 May 2022.
The four core elements of the redundant architecture encompass the braking system, steering, power supply and some of the sensors. This includes environment recognition and handling. The battery, steering motor, wheel speed sensors and algorithms used by the system for data calculation are likewise duplicated. Some aspects of the sensor system are also functionally redundant because their different physical concepts (incl. optical; ultrasound; radio waves) are mutually corroborative, thus ensuring safe operation at all times. This mainly encompasses radar, cameras and a LiDAR. However, ultrasound and moisture sensors as well as microphones also deliver valuable data. Overall, more than 30 sensors ensure that DRIVE PILOT is reliably able to master the task of driving.
“The name Mercedes-Benz has always stood for safety. And we are already setting standards in the development and implementation of automated driving systems like DRIVE PILOT. We are convinced that redundancy is the right approach for Level 3 automated driving and beyond. When it comes to sensors, we also see the use of LiDAR alongside radar and cameras as particularly indispensable. We can compensate for the situation-dependent deficits of one sensor with the characteristics of another. Relying on just one type of sensor would not meet Mercedes-Benz’s high safety standards,” says Markus Schäfer, Member of the Board of Management of Mercedes-Benz Group AG, Chief Technology Officer, responsible for Development and Procurement.
Following activation of DRIVE PILOT, the system controls speed and distance, and keeps the vehicle in its own lane. Under certain conditions and on suitable sections of German autobahn, customers can hand over the task of driving to the system when traveling in heavy traffic or traffic jams at speeds of up to 60 km/h. In the unlikely event of a failure in one of the primary systems, the DRIVE PILOT system architecture is able to recognise the situation and facilitate a safe handover of control to the driver. Even if the driver is unable to comply with a handover prompt, e.g. due to a medical emergency, DRIVE PILOT initiates a safe emergency stop manoeuvre that does not pose a risk to traffic following behind.

Mercedes-Benz at the forefront of automated driving and safety technologies​

Since the invention of the automobile in 1886, Mercedes-Benz has repeatedly set benchmarks in vehicle safety with innovative technologies. Safety is one of the brand’s core values, which is why Mercedes-Benz has been offering advanced driver assistance systems (SAE Level 2) in its vehicles for years. They can improve road safety and make life significantly easier in everyday situations. For instance, they provide assistance with speed and distance control, steering and switching lanes. In December 2021, Mercedes-Benz became the first automaker worldwide to receive internationally valid system approval for conditionally automated driving (SAE Level 3). In Germany, DRIVE PILOT has been available for the S-Class and EQS since 17 May 2021. And for parking, the brand has gone one step further – with pre-installation of INTELLIGENT PARK PILOT for the future facilitation of fully automated driverless parking to SAE Level 4.”

Being a Brainchip savant I personally find much of interest in this article.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Interesting. MB is repeating old news. Sounds to me as either MB is having a direct dig at Tesla or has heard bad news coming out of the Tesla crash investigations and wants to reassure their own customers. They emphasize having redundancy systems a couple of times which Tesla doesn't have. Tesla only relies on cameras.

• Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
Yeah! our fool writes a lot more friendly about us
that's how we like it!

1663089361267.png

Popular tech share BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN) has all the hallmarks of being a 10-bagger.

The company is the worldwide leader in edge artificial intelligence (AI) on-chip processing and learning.

Its first-to-market neuromorphic processor, Akida, mimics the human brain to meet the complex demands of edge devices.

Some of BrainChip’s clients include major automobile company Mercedes and United States aerospace giant NASA.

While shares in the AI company have see-sawed as of late, this hasn’t been the case for 2022.

Let’s look at how the share price has performed for the year so far.

• Sad

Townyj

Ermahgerd

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 56 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
We will likely see all yesterday's gains wiped today. Nasdaq currently down 4.5% 😢

EDIT: Now down 5%!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
We will likely see all yesterday's gains wiped today. Nasdaq currently down 4.5% 😢
The German market is currently looking very good and Nasdaq runs parallel to ours, so let's think positively, the AI Hardware Summit is also taking place at the moment

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
The German market is currently looking very good and Nasdaq runs parallel to ours, so let's think positively, the AI Hardware Summit is also taking place at the moment
I'm usually pretty optimistic, but if I had to put my house on our share price going up or down tomorrow, I would be picking down.

EDIT: Now down 5.6% with 10 minutes left until close. Inflation increased again, albeit slightly, but this will likely mean more rate hikes. Markets hate inflation more than I hate shorters.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

dippY22

Regular
I'm usually pretty optimistic, but if I had to put my house on our share price going up or down tomorrow, I would be picking down.

EDIT: Now down 5.6% with 10 minutes left until close. Inflation increased again, albeit slightly, but this will likely mean more rate hikes. Markets hate inflation more than I hate shorters.
More rate hikes likely ????? You think? Ahhh,... yeah, and hell yeah. ONLY question is how much guts does Jerome and Fed have,...75 basis points, or 100? Just sad waiting for it to be over, but maybe there is a silver lining. Brainchip can languish about as it's been doing spinning its wheels while the maelstrum that are the other markets swirls about them, and all the while Peter and company work on the future.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
We fucked today

Reactions: 2 users
Top Bottom