• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

em1389

Hot Tub Knockout GIF by Yung Gravy

• Haha

Blazar85

Regular
I was just having a prowl around the ASIC site and thought the following regarding GetSwift and how Brainchip is now policed by the ASX might be of use given the full judgment is very, very long:

Print this page

Wednesday 10 November 2021

21-298MR ASIC successful in Federal Court against GetSwift and its directors Bane Hunter, Joel Macdonald and Brett Eagle​

The Federal Court has found technology and services company GetSwift Limited (GetSwift) made misleading statements and breached its continuous disclosure obligations when making statements to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) between February and December 2017.

The Court also found GetSwift directors Mr Bane Hunter and Mr Joel Macdonald failed to meet their obligations as directors due to their involvement in the announcements made to the ASX, and that they were both knowingly concerned in multiple continuous disclosure breaches made by GetSwift. Former GetSwift director Mr Brett Eagle was also found by the Court to have been knowingly concerned in a more limited number of continuous disclosure breaches made by GetSwift.

ASIC Deputy Chair Sarah Court said ‘Listed companies and their directors have obligations to the Australian market to ensure their statements are not misleading. Investors need to have accurate information at their disposal to make informed decisions’.

In handing down judgment, Justice Lee said that evidence before him revealed ‘what might be described as a public-relations-driven approach to corporate disclosure on behalf of those wielding power within the company, motivated by a desire to make regular announcements of successful entry into agreements with a number of national and multinational enterprise clients.’

GetSwift (former ASX code: GSW) announced to the market a series of agreements with enterprise clients for the use of GetSwift’s company software-as-a-service (or SaaS) platform, including agreements with Amazon, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Yum Brands. However, these clients were only trialling, or contemplating a trial, of the GetSwift platform and the agreements, when announced, were not ongoing or revenue generating.

The Court found these announcements were misleading and, by failing to notify the market of material information regarding the agreements, GetSwift breached its continuous disclosure obligations.

Over the period of the announcements, GetSwift’s share price rose almost 800%. GetSwift also raised $100 million in capital from institutional investors, including $75 million in December 2017 when the company’s share price was close to its peak.

ASIC will now seek pecuniary penalty orders against GetSwift, Mr Hunter, Mr Macdonald and Mr Eagle. ASIC will also seek orders disqualifying Mr Hunter, Mr Macdonald and Mr Eagle from managing corporations.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Our leadership team and board seem to be major supporters of "silence is golden"

I liken it to whale watching season. We all know the behemoths are out there, doing what they do. And when the first one signals with a brief spurt from the blowhole, an epic breach is not far off at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Our leadership team and board seem to be major supporters of "silence is golden"

I liken it to whale watching season. We all know the behemoths are out there, doing what they do. And when the first one signals with a brief spurt from the blowhole, an epic breach is not far off at all.
"brief spurt from the blowhole..... hahahaha" thats gold

Reactions: 5 users

Proga

Regular
View attachment 16483

The statement "by talking naturally" (to Hey Mercedes) and "gets to know you better as you use it" (learning), smells very much like AKIDA, to me too!

Even the title "The virtual assistant gets real" indicates some kind of big improvement, over previous iterations..

I said they wouldn't waste time, rolling this function out, if it worked @Proga 😛

In my books, this is definitive proof! 😉

Car manufacturers, make improvements, when and where they are able and not just at major model releases.
This has always been the way (usually to correct minor faults, save money, supplier changes etc)..

In a Company like Mercedes case, changes would also be made, to improve customer satisfaction.
FF's comment about Apple is good at keeping secrets applies to MB as well. MB seem to release tit bits as riddles to excite the market without going deep into the tech behind it.

I'm hoping the release of the light weight version of MB.OS in some models is to run Akida in the new version of the MBUX. Bare in mind they also said their new exciting ADAS system in their 2022 models was a hell of a lot better. We eventually found out they were using an upgraded version of SCALA 2.

Unfortunately, although Renesas are utilising 2 Akida nodes in a device I am under the impression they are competition in other aspects.

I don’t think we are part of their DRP-AI project:

1663034757578.png

This is interesting:

Aug. 31, 2022

Detecting concussion injuries using novel neck ‘bandages’​

Sensors used to detect head impacts in athletes who play high-impact sports like football traditionally have been placed inside their helmets, which can lead to false or incomplete readings. Michigan State University researchers have created a thin sensor that instead can be worn on an athlete’s neck to identify concussion injuries.
Each year, 20% of the estimated 1.7 million concussions are sports-related, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. While watching a football game between MSU and the University of Michigan, Nelson Sepúlveda, a professor in the College of Engineering, was struck with inspiration.
“I was sitting close to the field and was watching the hard hits those players withstand,” Sepúlveda said. “I thought, these guys need to be protected, and there must be a better way to measure how hard the impact is to detect concussions.”
A shiny yellow sensor with a wire attached on each end
The "bandage" is made from a thin ferroelectric nano generator sensor that is about 0.1 millimeter thick.
Sepúlveda and Henry Dsouza, his graduate student, developed a thin ferroelectric nano generator sensor that is about 0.1 millimeter thick, and is about the size of a bandage. When the sensor is pulled or pressed, an electrical charge is created that is transmitted to a computer.
The idea is that athletes would wear the “bandage” sensors on their necks throughout games or practices. When a collision that could cause a concussion happens, the medical team would receive an alert on a sideline computer to take the player off the field and do further tests.
To test the accuracy of the “bandage” sensor, a crash-test dummy’s head was equipped with accelerometers inside the head and “bandage” sensors on the front, back, right and left sides of its neck. The head was dropped about two feet, and the data from inside the helmet was compared to the data from the “bandage” sensor on the dummy’s neck to determine whether the athlete experienced a concussion. The “bandage” sensor accurately measured the whiplash motion of the neck as being consistent with concussion injuries.

“I really thought the sensor had to be on the head,” Sepúlveda said. “I was surprised to learn from the experiences and my students that we could tell there was a concussion to the head by the way the neck moved.”
Sepúlveda, Dsouza and their team at MSU would like to streamline the design of the bandage sensor by using a wireless transmitter. The researchers also hope to see the technology in use in the future for football and ice hockey players from youth leagues up through professional sports teams.
The research was published June 23 in Scientific Reports.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Rob liked a post from Oculi so I had a look at them.

I think we looked at them already. They seem to be competition as they have some of the same solutions as Brainchip but seem to do it in a much different way. It’s be nice to find a node or two in their device. Their video looks ok.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Unfortunately, although Renesas are utilising 2 Akida nodes in a device I am under the impression they are competition in other aspects.

View attachment 16488
They have probably spent over a dozen years (in fact work on DRP has been ongoing or at least 20 years) developing DRP-AI in house, so they are likely to be reluctant to write that off - saving face is important, even if you lose your nose in the process.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Fully immerse yourself in the EQS SUV. The innovative, intuitive Hyperscreen uses artificial intelligence and technology to put you at the center of attention, control and entertainment.The all-new 2023 EQS SUV. Available now.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Could be some nice afternoon action on the way......looking for 20 mill volume and holding $1 by close

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

clip

Regular
Could this be AKIDA?

Lets assume the use case for Vibrational Analysis and bridge monitoring shown on the BrainChip Youtube Channel are based on an EAP customer.

What do you think of this site, the products and the wording on it?

https://www.movesolutions.it/

Deck - Dynamic Displacement Sensor:

Central Processing Unit: ARM Cortex M0 32 Bit

Analog Communication Node:

Processor: ARM Cortex M4

Some quotes from this link I find interessting:

“New technologies are completely revolutionising the way how track monitoring is done, giving us access to wireless, cheaper and easy-to-install devices for remote and safer track monitoring.“

“Don’t miss the train!“

Webinar:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Wags

Regular
Gidday chippers.
I read somewhere this morning that Nintendo have some announcement Sept 13 (US time I assume) about the release / rewrite on some games associated with the Nintendo Switch (Megachips??)
Also the AI Summit Sept 13 (US time)
What are the chances todays action is associated with this??
Tomorrow our time might just be a big day????

Ill go and see if I can fine the nintendo info.
cheers

Nintendo will reveal more about upcoming Switch games during its next Direct showcase tomorrow, Sept. 13. The event will live-stream starting at 7 a.m. PT or 10 a.m. ET on Nintendo's YouTube channel.

More:

• Nintendo says the event will last about 40 minutes and focus on Switch games coming this winter.
  • The company is expected to release "Bayonetta 3" in October and "Pokémon Scarlet" and "Pokémon Violet" in November.
  • Reports speculate that it could share more about the sequel to "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild." The sequel's launch was recently delayed to spring 2023 from 2022.
  • Reports and rumors also point to Switch remasters or remakes of "Metroid Prime," "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker," and "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess."
  • Nintendo said it won't live-stream tomorrow's Direct on its U.K. YouTube channel out of respect for the national mourning period following Queen Elizabeth II’s death. The event will be available on demand later that day.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Gidday chippers.
I read somewhere this morning that Nintendo have some announcement Sept 13 (US time I assume) about the release / rewrite on some games associated with the Nintendo Switch (Megachips??)
Also the AI Summit Sept 13 (US time)
What are the chances todays action is associated with this??
Tomorrow our time might just be a big day????

Ill go and see if I can fine the nintendo info.
cheers
It is a Nintendo Direct event which they have quite regularly to showcase upcoming games. The press release says it will mostly be focused on switch games. I don't believe they will be unveiling a new console here and at this time of year which could cannibalise Christmas sales of their current model.

There are rumours that a new switch was going to be released this year but they have pushed it back to 2024 but they are just that, rumours.

Reactions: 12 users

Wags

Regular
It is a Nintendo Direct event which they have quite regularly to showcase upcoming games. The press release says it will mostly be focused on switch games. I don't believe they will be unveiling a new console here and at this time of year which could cannibalise Christmas sales of their current model.

There are rumours that a new switch was going to be released this year but they have pushed it back to 2024 but they are just that, rumours.
Thanks AG.
I understood that it is games related, I guess my imagination goes off given a rewrite of some games, maybe in anticipation of some new hardware on the way.
Lots of maybes I know, but I also know, That train is a coming.

• Love
  • Fire

Taproot

Regular

View attachment 16488

Reactions: 6 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Thanks AG.
I understood that it is games related, I guess my imagination goes off given a rewrite of some games, maybe in anticipation of some new hardware on the way.
Lots of maybes I know, but I also know, That train is a coming.
The current model Nintendo Switch has sold 111 million units since 2017. I assume people have purchased additional controllers so I reckon the number for controllers would be approx. 150 mill. Let's hope Akida is implemented in the next consoles controllers at 50 cents a pop. $75 million revenue would be nice ($15 mill per year).

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

Taproot

Regular
Absolutely😎👍🥧
that's 66 Billion AUD
What percentage of that spend would you conservatively set aside for Akida ?

• Fire
Top Bottom