BRN Discussion Ongoing

Townyj

Ermahgerd
G'day Townyj
I've contacted Hostplus, my Super with this question.
They told me that because they're keeping our shares in a trust fund those shares aren't loaned for shorts.
I'm not entirely sure about that claim, since they're using UBS as their broker and UBS is very well known for shorting.

Having said that, I don't mind shorting activities in itself. It's a free market, everyone's opinions on market is different and that's what makes a market, and that's how we get different share prices including higher price to sell, and lower prices to top up. If someone wants to short because companies have high PE, low revenue, a stock that's already come down from recent heights, and is now held by some of the knowledgeable holders...... well I say Good Luck and by all means short away. That's asking for a disaster. Those who know shorting would absolutely stay away now, because they know they're playing with fire. Those shorts also act as a support when SP goes down, since they'll start buying when volume dries up on the offer side and they'll have to cover.

What I DON'T agree with and support are the associated activities that come with shorting. We have seen shorters spreading misinformation, creating fear, avoid debates, but attack founders and company professionals personally, including their looks, and go down a level that's low even for those that are in that camp.

So again, I have the opinion that if my shares are loaned for shorting I don't mind, personally, but if shorters want to take my shares as loan and attack the company with BS on socials, I'm not one to keep quiet either.
Cheers BL :) Appreciate the clarification. I suppose we will never know the intricate ins and outs of it all.

I agree... its the misinformation and FUD nonsense that annoys me as well.. Never be quiet when people spread BS.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
OK .... my thoughts (and my thoughts only!!) after a lot of negativity, opinions and aggression on a few different world events/news of late it really does point out that if we all posted in the correct Threads or started new threads to discuss specific subjects then if people want to enter that thread and read what content is there then that would be their choice! and yes we can still have our say on what the topic may be ... but just keep it civil and respect views of others without heavy aggression and profanities (not a good look, save that for your mates at the pub)

This is a great place that has been created by @zeeb0t and has taken a huge amount of time to set up and regulate.

The BRN Discussion thread is great for all things 'Brainchip' and a great place for all of us to discuss the latest news and have a bit of light hearted banter whether it be Gif's or you tube vids/music I personally love all of that laughter and comradery.

I know there is a chat room to discuss other news, footy, politics etc ... but maybe we could start a new thread 'OTHER BUSINESS' and that would allow any subject/topic to be discussed away from anything BRN!

We are very lucky to have a great number of people here whom contribute a wealth of their knowledge and time to make this Brainchip journey truly amazing. Thankyou 👏👏

(we all contribute different things whether it's technical or general research we all have our own place! that is what is all about!)

So with that said let's keep this "BrainFam" (@Bravo) ;) together!

Have a great weekend Guys & Gals

Looking forward to a fresh start next week.

GO BRN

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

krugerrands

Regular
G'day Townyj
I've contacted Hostplus, my Super with this question.
They told me that because they're keeping our shares in a trust fund those shares aren't loaned for shorts.
I'm not entirely sure about that claim, since they're using UBS as their broker and UBS is very well known for shorting.

Having said that, I don't mind shorting activities in itself. It's a free market, everyone's opinions on market is different and that's what makes a market, and that's how we get different share prices including higher price to sell, and lower prices to top up. If someone wants to short because companies have high PE, low revenue, a stock that's already come down from recent heights, and is now held by some of the knowledgeable holders...... well I say Good Luck and by all means short away. That's asking for a disaster. Those who know shorting would absolutely stay away now, because they know they're playing with fire. Those shorts also act as a support when SP goes down, since they'll start buying when volume dries up on the offer side and they'll have to cover.

What I DON'T agree with and support are the associated activities that come with shorting. We have seen shorters spreading misinformation, creating fear, avoid debates, but attack founders and company professionals personally, including their looks, and go down a level that's low even for those that are in that camp.

So again, I have the opinion that if my shares are loaned for shorting I don't mind, personally, but if shorters want to take my shares as loan and attack the company with BS on socials, I'm not one to keep quiet either.
Well said.

Reactions: 6 users

uiux

Regular
I am a reader instead of contributor now.

Enjoy~

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Great to see a couple of positive days in the US and the rest of the world not seen that for some time!! :)

SYMBOLPRICECHANGE%CHANGE
*FTSE7,351.07+89.01+1.23
*DAX13,088.21+183.89+1.43
CAC6,212.33+86.43+1.41
*STOXX600420.37+6.28+1.52
AEX685.97+11.57+1.72
BEL 203,663.38+40.17+1.11
*FTSE MIB22,094.56+416.48+1.92
OMXS301,934.06+26.75+1.4
*SMI10,900.24+109.92+1.02
HEX10,640.86+166.88+1.59
PSI205,985.95+20.25+0.34
OMXC 251,649.62+21.11+1.3
RUSSIA2,426.06+35.79+1.5

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
OK .... my thoughts (and my thoughts only!!) after a lot of negativity, opinions and aggression on a few different world events/news of late it really does point out that if we all posted in the correct Threads or started new threads to discuss specific subjects then if people want to enter that thread and read what content is there then that would be their choice! and yes we can still have our say on what the topic may be ... but just keep it civil and respect views of others without heavy aggression and profanities (not a good look, save that for your mates at the pub)

This is a great place that has been created by @zeeb0t and has taken a huge amount of time to set up and regulate.

The BRN Discussion thread is great for all things 'Brainchip' and a great place for all of us to discuss the latest news and have a bit of light hearted banter whether it be Gif's or you tube vids/music I personally love all of that laughter and comradery.

I know there is a chat room to discuss other news, footy, politics etc ... but maybe we could start a new thread 'OTHER BUSINESS' and that would allow any subject/topic to be discussed away from anything BRN!

We are very lucky to have a great number of people here whom contribute a wealth of their knowledge and time to make this Brainchip journey truly amazing. Thankyou 👏👏

(we all contribute different things whether it's technical or general research we all have our own place! that is what is all about!)

So with that said let's keep this "BrainFam" (@Bravo) ;) together!

Have a great weekend Guys & Gals

Looking forward to a fresh start next week.

GO BRN
banning of the F word and all its abbreviations, folks should know what it means, control, abuse, rape, usually towards women, media/social and other are trying to normalise it use...even on a kids cartoon this morning- just going short of it use. MF.... is worse and why would you say that about doing something to ones mother.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Xhosa12345

Regular

Enjoy~
download-4.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Violin1

Regular
Consider it more like swapping out my posts for this shit LOL

swap-indiana-jones.gif
I reckon we should just draw a line under it now and move on to Akida Ballista. Nobody should leave and we all have a part to play. Oh Uiux - remember what happened next after the swapping out scene! Don't do it - rolling balls, dropping stone doors, almost lost his hat, pygmies shooting arrows and finally....snakes.....

Forward focus everyone, shoulders to the wheel....it's gunna be a fun September, culminating in wild speculation about the 4c and revenue dreams....why wou.d anyone not want to be part of that? Lol.

Have a great weekend everyone....and............GO PIES!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
Reactions: 7 users
Ffs, someone got upset at the word beaver a while back.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Slade

Top 20
I reckon we should just draw a line under it now and move on to Akida Ballista. Nobody should leave and we all have a part to play. Oh Uiux - remember what happened next after the swapping out scene! Don't do it - rolling balls, dropping stone doors, almost lost his hat, pygmies shooting arrows and finally....snakes.....

Forward focus everyone, shoulders to the wheel....it's gunna be a fun September, culminating in wild speculation about the 4c and revenue dreams....why wou.d anyone not want to be part of that? Lol.

Have a great weekend everyone....and............GO PIES!
Admit it, you wrote that nice post just so you could Go Pies at the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 24 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
Is this relevant?

Apple unveils the A16 Bionic, its most powerful mobile chip yet​

Kyle Wiggers@kyle_l_wiggers / 4:20 AM GMT+10•September 8, 2022
Comment
apple-wwdc-2022 2022-09-07 at 2.17.59 PM

Image Credits: Apple
No mate
Is this relevant?

Apple unveils the A16 Bionic, its most powerful mobile chip yet​

Kyle Wiggers@kyle_l_wiggers / 4:20 AM GMT+10•September 8, 2022
Comment
apple-wwdc-2022 2022-09-07 at 2.17.59 PM

Image Credits: Apple
Nothing to see here.

Reactions: 5 users

Enjoy~
We don't need akida to pick up the pattern here. Very obvious what triggers posters to refrain from posting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Morning all :)

I just finished listening to an enjoyable 23 min podcast from Zach Shelby and Simon Segars. Brainchip not mentioned but it is a general discussion about how edge compute has come about and where it is headed. Promising future!

Enjoy:

Machine Learning on the Edge with Zach Shelby

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
“We’re excited for the opportunity to exhibit and present at two leading conferences at the same time,” said Chris Stevens, VP of Worldwide Sales at BrainChip. “Both Edge AI Summit and the AI Hardware Summit offer attendees the chance to learn more about how Akida technology is making a splash across different but complementary markets with a faster, safer, smarter approach to deploying essential AI at the edge.”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

BrainChip Empowers Next Generation of Technology Innovators with Launch of the University AI Accelerator Program​

Tuesday, August 16, 2022 5:30 PM
Brainchip Holdings Limited/ADR
Share this Article
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on Linkedin
BrainChip's University AI Accelerator Program provides hardware, training, and guidance to students at higher education institutions with existing AI engineering programs. BrainChip's products can be leveraged by students to support projects in any number of novel use cases or to demonstrate AI enablement. Students participating in the program will have access to real-world, event-based technologies offering unparalleled performance and efficiency to advance their learning through graduation and beyond.

The Program successfully completed a pilot session at Carnegie Mellon University this past spring semester and will be officially launching with Arizona State University in September. There are five universities and institutes of technology expected to participate in the program during its inaugural academic year. Each program session will include a demonstration and education of a working environment for BrainChip's AKD1000 on a Linux-based system, combining lecture-based teaching methods with hands-on experiential exploration.
"We have incorporated experimentation with BrainChip's Akida development boards in our new graduate-level course, "Neuromorphic Computer Architecture and Processor Design"at Carnegie Mellon University during the Spring 2022 semester,"

said John Paul Shen, Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Carnegie Mellon.

"Our students had a great experience in using the Akida development environment and analyzing results from the Akida hardware. We look forward to running and expanding this program in 2023."

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

How to benefit from BrainChip’s breathtaking potential in 2022​

Behzad Golmohammadi Behzad Golmohammadi, June 17, 2022

Who is BrainChip?​

BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN) develops software and hardware solutions for artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning applications. The company’s key product is the Akida Neuromorphic Processor, which is in essence a Spiking Neural Network (SNN). It provides ultra-low power and fast AI (artificial intelligence) Edge computing solutions without the need for a continuous internet connection. Additionally, unsupervised learning capabilities and on-chip processing (rather than in the Cloud) set Akida apart from other AI solutions on the market

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Making a splash

Being taught in Universities

Breath taking potential

Far cry from the days of “what’s a neuromorphic chip anyway” and “if it was any good it would not be on the ASX”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users
Top Bottom