BRN Discussion Ongoing

Making a splash

Being taught in Universities

Breath taking potential

Far cry from the days of “what’s a neuromorphic chip anyway” and “if it was any good it would not be on the ASX”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I look forward to the day when I can rub salt into their eyes.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
banning of the F word and all its abbreviations, folks should know what it means, control, abuse, rape, usually towards women, media/social and other are trying to normalise it use...even on a kids cartoon this morning- just going short of it use. MF.... is worse and why would you say that about doing something to ones mother.

This post has nothing to do with Brainchip: more my musings so feel free to skip!

A lot of our language came from shortening or joining words for example Jeep.

The most widely held theory is that the military designation GP (for Government Purposes or General Purpose) was slurred into the word Jeep in the same way that the contemporary HMMWV (for High-Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle) has become known as the Humvee.

My understanding of the F word is that it came from the criminal charge of: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, e.g. being charged with sex with a minor being abbreviated to “Fuck” for short.

The word has now crept into our every day language as a means to shock and is commonplace. I know a lot of people who can’t say two sentences without including the word which is a shame as they miss out on using other excellent descriptors to make their point. As the F word is now not as shocking more people are reverting to the C word to try to place emphasis on their sentence. I don’t know what word is coming when that becomes normalised.

I think it’s also the context in which any word is used is also important. For example I’m sure if I went into my local coffee shop and asked for a “Fucking cup of coffee with 2 fucking sugars!” it would be frowned upon whereas the phrase “Fuck Putin” or “Fuck Yeah” although vulgar is however quite acceptable to most.

Respect to all is the key and we live in the world we create. We can choose to visit this forum and be pleasant to each other; or argue and call each other names; but then it turns into the other place. Our interactions are important; both how we treat each other and how we are treated affects us on a daily basis, individually and as a collective.

So my thought for the day is ”Kindness and Gratitude.”

:)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 36 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Making a splash

Breath taking potential

Far cry from the days of “what’s a neuromorphic chip anyway” and “if it was any good it would not be on the ASX”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

The WANCA factor is still very prevalent. Listen to these WANCA's (Claudia "Kit" Walker and Rob Shears) talk about BRN

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Quiltman

Regular
Making a splash

Breath taking potential

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA'

And this at the bottom of the latest news release in the " About BrainChip Holdings Ltd " section.

We really have polished our communication & made it easy for any prospective investor to understand our product proposition, our competitive market position and the size of the addressable market.

BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market neuromorphic processor, AkidaTM, mimics the human brain to analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Keeping machine learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, also dramatically reduces latency while improving privacy and data security. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
This post has nothing to do with Brainchip: more my musings so feel free to skip!

The most widely held theory is that the military designation GP (for Government Purposes or General Purpose) was slurred into the word Jeep in the same way that the contemporary HMMWV (for High-Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle) has become known as the Humvee.

My understanding of the F word is that it came from the criminal charge of: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, e.g. being charged with sex with a minor being abbreviated to “Fuck” for short.

The word has now crept into our every day language as a means to shock and is commonplace. I know a lot of people who can’t say two sentences without including the word which is a shame as they miss out on using other excellent descriptors to make their point. As the F word is now not as shocking more people are reverting to the C word to try to place emphasis on their sentence. I don’t know what word is coming when that becomes normalised.

I think it’s also the context in which any word is used is also important. For example I’m sure if I went into my local coffee shop and asked for a “Fucking cup of coffee with 2 fucking sugars!” it would be frowned upon whereas the phrase “Fuck Putin” or “Fuck Yeah” although vulgar is however quite acceptable to most.

Respect to all is the key and we live in the world we create. We can choose to visit this forum and be pleasant to each other; or argue and call each other names; but then it turns into the other place. Our interactions are important; both how we treat each other and how we are treated affects us on a daily basis, individually and as a collective.

“Hear, hear” @Stable Genius. I couldn't agree more. Kindness is contagious .

And I just wanted to be the first one let you all know...

LoveEveryoneInThisBar.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Have you checked the etymology?

Was it a 14th century charge sheet?

Last edited:
  • Haha

Violin1

Regular
Admit it, you wrote that nice post just so you could Go Pies at the end.
Oh you cynical man you! Lol.......GP......

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
  • Haha
  • Love

mrgds

Regular
Making a splash

Breath taking potential

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
"if it was any good it would not be on the ASX" ?
.........wasn"t .............. ?

De-listing imminent ?
Nasdaq imminent ?

Typo ?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
G'day Townyj
I've contacted Hostplus, my Super with this question.
They told me that because they're keeping our shares in a trust fund those shares aren't loaned for shorts.
I'm not entirely sure about that claim, since they're using UBS as their broker and UBS is very well known for shorting.

Having said that, I don't mind shorting activities in itself. It's a free market, everyone's opinions on market is different and that's what makes a market, and that's how we get different share prices including higher price to sell, and lower prices to top up. If someone wants to short because companies have high PE, low revenue, a stock that's already come down from recent heights, and is now held by some of the knowledgeable holders...... well I say Good Luck and by all means short away. That's asking for a disaster. Those who know shorting would absolutely stay away now, because they know they're playing with fire. Those shorts also act as a support when SP goes down, since they'll start buying when volume dries up on the offer side and they'll have to cover.

What I DON'T agree with and support are the associated activities that come with shorting. We have seen shorters spreading misinformation, creating fear, avoid debates, but attack founders and company professionals personally, including their looks, and go down a level that's low even for those that are in that camp.

So again, I have the opinion that if my shares are loaned for shorting I don't mind, personally, but if shorters want to take my shares as loan and attack the company with BS on socials, I'm not one to keep quiet either.
Woo Hoo!
BaconLover's back!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Dang Son

Regular
And this at the bottom of the latest news release in the " About BrainChip Holdings Ltd " section.

We really have polished our communication & made it easy for any prospective investor to understand our product proposition, our competitive market position and the size of the addressable market.

BrainChip is the worldwide leader in edge AI on-chip processing and learning. The company’s first-to-market neuromorphic processor, AkidaTM, mimics the human brain to analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition, processing data with unparalleled efficiency, precision, and economy of energy. Keeping machine learning local to the chip, independent of the cloud, also dramatically reduces latency while improving privacy and data security. In enabling effective edge compute to be universally deployable across real world applications such as connected cars, consumer electronics, and industrial IoT, BrainChip is proving that on-chip AI, close to the sensor, is the future, for its customers’ products, as well as the planet.
Hi Quiltman
I've also noticed a change in descriptive phasing to marketing AKIDA since Chris arrived.
He appears to have injected a poetic flare to aid sales

Chris Stevens

Vice President of Worldwide Sales

• Haha
  • Haha

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 33 users

RobjHunt

Regular
The WANCA factor is still very prevalent. Listen to these WANCA's (Claudia "Kit" Walker and Rob Shears) talk about BRN

I remember another stock talk mob ( may have even been Ausbiz as well??) with Koshy hosting a few months ago that was pretty poor form, to say the least.

I just don't understand why people talk of BrainChip, or any stock for that matter, and give a very negative sentiment when it's clear there has been nil research before the negatives dibble from their mouths. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one that is unable to take any negitiveness/discord from others but only from those that conduct some decent research prior.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
Personally, I found it interesting the number of 1 post posters vs regular posters that jumped to uiux's defence.
That’s the thing if we lower ourselves to that level, swapping robust discussion for personal attacks the opportunist lurkers will take full advantage every time. My opinion is they are sitting and waiting for any cracks or negativity to take advantage of and exploit. Lets not let the grubs in.

Stay tight chippers, be respectful of differences, continue to hunt as a pack and take the opportunity to have a bit of a laugh together on the way towards all becoming stinking rich!!!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

I pressed play and as I was doing so I asked myself ‘Why?’ and quickly hit stop.

Why inflict this on myself?

Is it possible as I draw my last breath and life flashes before me that I will regret this decision? Anything is possible but I will take the chance.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Toowoomba has an annual Carnival of Flowers, and, back before the police banned bikies by setting up roadblocks on the access roads, there would always be someone charged with unlawful carnival knowledge.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I remember another stock talk mob ( may have even been Ausbiz as well??) with Koshy hosting a few months ago that was pretty poor form, to say the least.

I just don't understand why people talk of BrainChip, or any stock for that matter, and give a very negative sentiment when it's clear there has been nil research before the negatives dibble from their mouths. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one that is unable to take any negitiveness/discord from others but only from those that conduct some decent research prior.
90 million short shares

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Your post reminded me of an event that illustrates this from the real world. Some may not be aware that in NSW and a number of other states the use of offensive language in or within hearing of a public place or a school is a criminal offence punishable on conviction with up to a $660 fine up to and including this present day.

Back a few decades now there was a push by certain free thinkers to have this offence removed as an instrument of police oppression from the Summary Offences Act in NSW. As part of this campaign a group of prominent academic lawyers and senior barristers offered their services for free to oppressed individuals to fully defend such charges.

One such matter came on for hearing at the Parramatta Court of Petty Sessions. After a protracted legal argument the Magistrate accepted the type of argument you have made out about this very same word and dismissed the charges.

I was assisting the senior police prosecutor Darcy Cluff who conducted the prosecution and the matter having concluded the Magistrate said Sergeant will you call the next matter. I started to move from my chair to call the next matter and the senior police prosecutor said no you stay I will call the matter.

He then went outside the court and he called the next matter three times as required but very loudly and then returned and as required announced to the Magistrate the result of the call was "No F ing appearance your Worship."

Everyone in the Court took a collective deep breath and the Magistrate became enraged and stormed from the Bench screaming at the Senior Police Prosecutor to see him in Chambers.

The end result was that the Magistrate took judicial notice from that day on that the use of this word could in fact be offensive and most likely would only ever be acceptable in the gutter. Context being everything.

A group of left wing academics playing at being working class at a University might find this sort of language intellectually thrilling perhaps a little titillating but a Kindergarten teacher telling an runny nosed 5 year old to remove themselves from a cupboard with the assistance of this adjective will never be acceptable to the bulk of society.

Normal human interaction starts with respect for others.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover

SnoopyImperfectLeopardseal-size_restricted.gif

I just lost my hearing

• Haha
  • Love
Top Bottom