BRN Discussion Ongoing

Getupthere

Regular
Two minutes after correction announcement
Someone liked it. šŸ˜‚
1662601269586.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users
It is a little while since I read his CV and at the time I noted his age but what I think MegaChips were buying was his long history, contacts and credibility with the US semiconductor market. You donā€™t have what he has on his CV and only be 30 years of age.

I have seen a number of interviews with him now and his fatigued state in this one was not evident so we need to have regard to things like working at home because he had Covid(very common in US), jet lagged having been to Japan and only recently returned, hour of the day when this interview took place, there are a whole range of things that can be in play even having been up all night because an infant grandchild had been rushed to hospital.

If we look to the Brainchip half yearly he has certainly been effective in generating addition IP licence fees.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Fair call.

I do not like being negative about other people as I appreciate we are all different and bring different qualities and skill sets to contribute. Doug has similar interests to me and I do think he would be a nice guy however I was expecting more of a ā€Wow momentā€œ at some stage during the interview. It sounded more like a history lesson. Iā€™ve come away feeling better after listening to Rob, Jerome, PVDM, Ken, Anil and Sean. Or even after some Edge Impulse or the Dell Podcast.

I suppose I was very keen to listen to his interview and found it lack lustre. And as I said he did mention some interesting things and confirmed that Brainchip and Quadric are complimentary products.

However he lacked passion or conviction in the product. I didnā€™t hear ā€œIncredible product, transformationalā€ I didnā€™t hear significant emphasis on 1 shot learning, ability to add inference abilities to all five sensors, super low power, essential AI etc, what I thought were our main selling points!

I understand credibility is important and you donā€™t want to come across as to ā€Car salesman likeā€ however he didnā€™t sell his product to me, barely identifying what the product was or what it can do. Hopefully his reputation in the industry is enough to get the job done.

I do appreciate he would have a significant skill set and knows a hell of a lot more about the product than me but as the face of Brainchip for Megachips to America I hope he can cut through all the ā€œDazzle and razzmatazzā€ others may offer; to get our product out there.

It is a big new market but there is also fierce competition and I donā€™t want to end up like Beta because we werenā€™t bold enough at this point in our sales and marketing. (I donā€™t think we will but you canā€™t be too cocky).

Hopefully a deal with Nintendo will be a great start and as they are already customers with MegaChips I expect that to eventuate either 2023 or 24 ā€¦. and beyond!

Cheers

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
This is interesting particularly if you go to MegaChips US and click Ai:

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
It helps to understand that MegaChips marches to the beat of a different drum where customer confidentiality is everything and behind closed doors negotiations and discussions are carried out daily without the traditional look at me mum approach:

DESIGNLINES
SOC DESIGNLINE

Megachips: Japanā€™s Best Kept Secret​

By 11.21.2014 0
Share Post
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

OSAKA, Japan ā€” Most engineers in the US donā€™t know Megachips. Never heard of it. Even over here, only a few cognoscenti in the Japanese electronics industry have the faintest idea that itā€™s a Japanese system LSI company in Osaka.
As most integrated device manufacturers in Japan falter through a series of ineffectual consolidations and poorly executed fab-lite transitions, Megachips ā€” founded in 1990 by seven Japanese engineers as an independent fabless chip vendor with no parent company ā€” remains Japanā€™s best-kept secret success. Megachips might have the best shot to become the next MediaTek, observers familiar with the Osaka-based company have told EE Times.
Megachips is Japanā€™s only fabless chip company listed among the top 25 in the world by IC Insights. The company has worldwide revenues of more than $600 million.

Megachips_takata_230.png

In a recent wide-ranging interview with EE Times, Megachipsā€™ president and CEO Akira Takata laid out his bold plan to commit the companyā€™s future growth not on ASICs for the domestic market, but ASSPs for the global market ā€” by concentrating on sensor hubs for the Internet of Things, mobile, and wearable devices.
No prudent IC vendor today would dream of getting into the application processor market for smartphones ā€” an empire already conquered by Qualcomm, Samsung, and Apple. Some, including Megachips are gunning for sensor fusion chips, motivated by smartphone vendors who are turning to a separate sensor fusion chip to offload an apps processor in their handsets.

If it works, this will be a dramatic shift in the companyā€™s strategy, since Megachipā€™s cash cow is its custom ASIC business, not ASSP.
The Osaka-based company is known to be working with a select handful of Japanese system companies. Nintendo is one of the key clients Megachips has worked with since the inception of its fabless history. Although it has never unveiled its customer list (except for Nintendo), Megachips has reportedly claimed one of the top two Japanese camera companies as its large client for a long time."

AND IT WORKS FOR MEGACHIPS

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users
Trouble here! šŸ˜›

_20220908_122129.JPG

Those aggregate shorts keep marching up..

šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its bicepsšŸ’Ŗ!
A well-known leaker, Evan Blass, released a spec sheet detailing an unreleased Qualcomm chip called the Snapdragon 6 Gen, which was due for release on 15 Nov 2022, but might be released earlier because of the leak.

Manufacturing process 4nm (TSMC). I believe Peter van der Made has confirmed we could go to 4nm??

The chipset will be coming in with Adreno GPU although no-one knows the exact GPU and the numbers of the CPU and GPU cores are unknown as well.

If Arm cores are involved, then who knows, AKIDA might be as well. Here's hoping. šŸ¤ž

View attachment 15613

View attachment 15615

OK, so Qualcomm today introduced the Snapdragon 6 Gen 1. Are we definitely ruling this one out?
34 pm.png

33 pm.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
FF what do u think New IPhone 14 Specs
A16 Bionic features an accelerated 5-core GPU with 50 percent more memory bandwidth ā€” perfect for graphics-intensive games and apps ā€” and a new 16-core Neural Engine capable of nearly 17 trillion operations per second. Using Appleā€™s best-in-class fusion architecture to combine performance and energy savings, the chip delivers more performance with a fraction of the power compared to the competition.

norice Words Neural and fraction of the power. possibly Akida ????
What I think about all things APPLE is after years of fruitless rabbit holes that it is very clever at hiding the nuts and bolts of how it is actually doing anything.

They are also ruthless in cutting loose any partner that discloses they are working with APPLE without permission.

They are also litigious in the extreme and adopt a take no prisoner scorched Earth approach where even if they lack merit they will spend and spend on their lawyers crushing the smaller player with the costs of the action.

In consequence my view has become their corporate veil is made of titanium and unless APPLE says in black and white in an official statement we are using "X" technology in our device they will drive you mad with their red herrings and misdirection's.

This would be the first time I have posted anything about APPLE in a very long time and I likely will not post anything about APPLE for a similar time into the future now that MegaChips exists as the convenient foil to anyone knowing who is using the AKIDA technology solution.

The last time I posted anything potentially APPLE related was way back on HC when I speculated that the statement by Ken Scarince that one particular customer had made it perfectly clear that any leak suggesting they were dealing with Brainchip would see them walk away and I suggested that this was consistent with the well known approach by APPLE. Is this enough evidence to base an investment thesis on most definitely not but sometimes I count APPLES instead of sheep when I cannot go to sleep.

My opinion only DYOR - and good luck if its into APPLE.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 43 users
  • Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users

mrgds

Regular
It helps to understand that MegaChips marches to the beat of a different drum where customer confidentiality is everything and behind closed doors negotiations and discussions are carried out daily without the traditional look at me mum approach:

DESIGNLINES
SOC DESIGNLINE

By 11.21.2014 0
Share Post
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

OSAKA, Japan ā€” Most engineers in the US donā€™t know Megachips. Never heard of it. Even over here, only a few cognoscenti in the Japanese electronics industry have the faintest idea that itā€™s a Japanese system LSI company in Osaka.
As most integrated device manufacturers in Japan falter through a series of ineffectual consolidations and poorly executed fab-lite transitions, Megachips ā€” founded in 1990 by seven Japanese engineers as an independent fabless chip vendor with no parent company ā€” remains Japanā€™s best-kept secret success. Megachips might have the best shot to become the next MediaTek, observers familiar with the Osaka-based company have told EE Times.
Megachips is Japanā€™s only fabless chip company listed among the top 25 in the world by IC Insights. The company has worldwide revenues of more than $600 million.

Megachips_takata_230.png

In a recent wide-ranging interview with EE Times, Megachipsā€™ president and CEO Akira Takata laid out his bold plan to commit the companyā€™s future growth not on ASICs for the domestic market, but ASSPs for the global market ā€” by concentrating on sensor hubs for the Internet of Things, mobile, and wearable devices.
No prudent IC vendor today would dream of getting into the application processor market for smartphones ā€” an empire already conquered by Qualcomm, Samsung, and Apple. Some, including Megachips are gunning for sensor fusion chips, motivated by smartphone vendors who are turning to a separate sensor fusion chip to offload an apps processor in their handsets.

If it works, this will be a dramatic shift in the companyā€™s strategy, since Megachipā€™s cash cow is its custom ASIC business, not ASSP.
The Osaka-based company is known to be working with a select handful of Japanese system companies. Nintendo is one of the key clients Megachips has worked with since the inception of its fabless history. Although it has never unveiled its customer list (except for Nintendo), Megachips has reportedly claimed one of the top two Japanese camera companies as its large client for a long time."

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

DESIGNLINES
SOC DESIGNLINE

By 11.21.2014 0
Share Post
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

Megachips_takata_230.png

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Megachips president and CEO ............ Akira Takata

Without too much fuss, i can see his new business card already,

Akida Takata

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I agree. Massive potential and at the moment probably our biggest earner!
1662606575775.jpeg

1662606621958.jpeg

1662606648412.jpeg

I just wanted to hear Doug mention some of the above as I can only go by my interaction being the interview today.

Looks like they have good systems and processes sorted to achieve the best outcomes. Which are developed with experience and good habits.

Akidaā€™s magic will sell itself!

Cheers.

Attachments

• 1662606484346.png
    1662606484346.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 55
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
OK, so Qualcomm today introduced the Snapdragon 6 Gen 1. Are we definitely ruling this one out?
View attachment 16116

View attachment 16114

If you take the CEO Sean Hehir's statement at the AGM seriously that others are claiming incremental improvement but no one is offering what AKIDA does then a 30% improvement is clearly nowhere near what adopting AKIDA technology for AI would achieve. Just look at the Nviso graphic comparing AKIDA with the rest. If it was a 10 fold performance gain I would be interested but then Anil Mankar was helping Nviso tweak beyond that so Snap the magic dragon is still using smoke and mirrors not real live magic as Peter van der Made described AKIDA science.

I think now we are in Universities its about time we had our own spot so vote one AKIDA Science.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

gex

Regular

Adapting SRTā€™s M1 Hardware Portal for Navy Facility Health Monitoring and Prioritization
Award Information
Agency:
Department of Defense
Branch:
Navy
Contract:
N68335-21-C-0013
Agency Tracking Number:
N202-099-1097
Amount:
$239,831.00
Phase:
Phase I
Program:
SBIR
Solicitation Topic Code:
N202-099
Solicitation Number:
Timeline
Solicitation Year:
Award Year:
Award Start Date (Proposal Award Date):
2020-10-07
Award End Date (Contract End Date):
2021-12-10
Small Business Information
Blue Ridge Envisioneering, Inc.
5180 Parkstone Dr. Suite 200
Chantilly, VA 20151-1111
United States
DUNS:
HUBZone Owned:
No
Woman Owned:
No
Socially and Economically Disadvantaged:
No
Principal Investigator
Name: Jason Pualoa
Phone: (571) 349-0900
Email: andrew@br-envision.com
Business Contact
Name: Edward Zimmer
Phone: (703) 927-0450
Email: ned@br-envision.com
Research Institution
N/A
Abstract
Deep Neural Networks (DNN) have become a critical component of tactical applications, assisting the warfighter in interpreting and making decisions from vast and disparate sources of data. Whether image, signal or text data, remotely sensed or scraped from the web, cooperatively collected or intercepted, DNNs are the go-to tool for rapid processing of this information to extract relevant features and enable the automated execution of downstream applications. Deployment of DNNs in data centers, ground stations and other locations with extensive power infrastructure has become commonplace but at the edge, where the tactical user operates, is very difficult. Secure, reliable, high bandwidth communications are a constrained resource for tactical applications which limits the ability to routed data collected at the edge back to a centralized processing location. Data must therefore be processed in real-time at the point of ingest which has its own challenges as almost all DNNs are developed to run on power hungry GPUs at wattages exceeding the practical capacity of solar power sources typically available at the edge. So what then is the future of advanced AI for the tactical end user where power and communications are in limited supply? Neuromorphic processors may provide the answer. Blue Ridge Envisioneering, Inc. (BRE) proposes the development of a systematic and methodical approach to deploying Deep Neural Network (DNN) architectures on neuromorphic hardware and evaluating their performance relative to a traditional GPU-based deployment. BRE will develop and document a process for benchmarking a DNNā€™ s performance on a standard GPU, converting it to run on near-commercially available neuromorphic hardware, training and evaluating model accuracy for a range of available bit quantizations, characterizing the trade between power consumption and the various bit quantizations, and characterizing the trade between throughput/latency and the various bit quantizations. This process will be demonstrated on a Deep Convolutional Neural Network trained to classify objects in SAR imagery from the Air Force Research Laboratoryā€™s MSTAR open source dataset. The BrainChip Akida Event Domain Neural Processor development environment will be utilized for demonstration as it provides a simulated execution environment for running converted models under the discrete, low quantization constraints of neuromorphic hardware.
anything come of this?

not much on their website

Reactions: 2 users

Attachments

• 676DF8FF-C1B5-4721-8742-FC03E71B9369.jpeg
    676DF8FF-C1B5-4721-8742-FC03E71B9369.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 41
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

Love this kind of talk šŸ˜Ž

View attachment 16123
Efficiency is the key reason according to the ARM partner site to team the ARM Cortex M4 with AKIDA technology. In fact without going to the site and extracting the exact words my memory is that they really push the idea that AKIDA creates an unrivalled outcome.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
What I think about all things APPLE is after years of fruitless rabbit holes that it is very clever at hiding the nuts and bolts of how it is actually doing anything.

They are also ruthless in cutting loose any partner that discloses they are working with APPLE without permission.

They are also litigious in the extreme and adopt a take no prisoner scorched Earth approach where even if they lack merit they will spend and spend on their lawyers crushing the smaller player with the costs of the action.

In consequence my view has become their corporate veil is made of titanium and unless APPLE says in black and white in an official statement we are using "X" technology in our device they will drive you mad with their red herrings and misdirection's.

This would be the first time I have posted anything about APPLE in a very long time and I likely will not post anything about APPLE for a similar time into the future now that MegaChips exists as the convenient foil to anyone knowing who is using the AKIDA technology solution.

The last time I posted anything potentially APPLE related was way back on HC when I speculated that the statement by Ken Scarince that one particular customer had made it perfectly clear that any leak suggesting they were dealing with Brainchip would see them walk away and I suggested that this was consistent with the well known approach by APPLE. Is this enough evidence to base an investment thesis on most definitely not but sometimes I count APPLES instead of sheep when I cannot go to sleep.

My opinion only DYOR - and good luck if its into APPLE.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks so much FF always appreciate your words of wisdom and knowledge you are a wonderful asset for many of us here on this forum. Iā€™m in the process of developing a citrus property and I always seek others who are more knowledgeable than me that way I learn.
I guess as a retired secondary teacher I have learnt to ask question. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

TECH

Regular
Nice to see some movement northwards.....I have a question.

With a number of posts focused on the upcoming release of new AI Chips, either in the last quarter of this year or suggested by
various companies to enter the product market in Q1 2023 etc.

If Brainchips IP was/is embedded in their designs, wouldn't we be fully aware of it, as in, NOW?

These companies (dots) would have had to have signed an IP agreement prior one would suggest.

I see no such commitment at this present time, and I'm not referring to MegaChips etc.

Feel free to enlighten me on your view/position.

I do know one thing currently, the company is certainly holding its cards very close to its chest, not criticism, just an observation
of mine.

By the way "Karma" is coming to ALL shorters.... your deeds have a close out point, light is fast approaching Brainchip's tunnel, the
end is nigh for you lot........may the bright light shine down on all that sail with Brainchip....great to be a shareholder!!!!

Tech x

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

Proga

Regular

With a number of posts focused on the upcoming release of new AI Chips, either in the last quarter of this year or suggested by

If Brainchips IP was/is embedded in their designs, wouldn't we be fully aware of it, as in, NOW?

These companies (dots) would have had to have signed an IP agreement prior one would suggest.

I see no such commitment at this present time, and I'm not referring to MegaChips etc.

I do know one thing currently, the company is certainly holding its cards very close to its chest, not criticism, just an observation
of mine.

By the way "Karma" is coming to ALL shorters.... your deeds have a close out point, light is fast approaching Brainchip's tunnel, the
end is nigh for you lot........may the bright light shine down on all that sail with Brainchip....great to be a shareholder!!!!

Tech x
@TECH those with NDA's won't pay the licence agreement until their applications hit the market.

The 4c will tell us real quick if our IP is in the iPhone

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 34 users
Thanks so much FF always appreciate your words of wisdom and knowledge you are a wonderful asset for many of us here on this forum. Iā€™m in the process of developing a citrus property and I always seek others who are more knowledgeable than me that way I learn.
I guess as a retired secondary teacher I have learnt to ask question. Thank you.
Thanks for those kind words but it just has to be said you have chosen a bitter sweet project for your retirement. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤”

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

of mine.

Tech x
Hi Tech

I am not suggesting that this has in fact been done to avoid disclosure but the legal answer is to be found in the GetSwift and ASIC appeal decision.

Cutting through all of the nuance this case was about the failure of GetSwift to disclose in its ASX price sensitive notice regarding a sale that the sale was conditional upon the purchaser obtaining finance.

The up shot of this case as far as the ASX is concerned was that conditional agreements are not able to be announced until they are no longer conditional and the company can show the money to the market.

So as I said way back in 2019 if two like minded parties wanted to inject into their contract terms a condition precedent that had to be met before a binding agreement occurred they could by choosing something like ā€œafter the successful production of 10,000 iPhones containing AKIDA IP the parties will enter the agreement blah, blah, blahā€ they can delay an announcement.

Until that condition is met no agreement meeting the ASX obligation would exist.

Such approach having been approved by the Federal Appeals Court no less.

As they say where there is a will there is a way. As long as what you are trying to do is not illegal you can contract to do anything you want any way you want.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users
Top Bottom