BRN Discussion Ongoing

Shadow59

Regular
Sarcasm should be used like Caviar, not laid on thick like Marmalade. Save the Irony for the Blacksmiths and the Laundry
If all is irony, not using irony becomes irony!!🤯

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Thank you for your invitation I shall gladly accommodate your request.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Irony.

Irony who?

Irony the BrainChip tablecloth because it's too wrinkly.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Reactions: 2 users

uiux

Regular
Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Irony.

Irony who?

Irony the BrainChip tablecloth because it's too wrinkly.

I used photoshop

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Mostly what is used here is ‘irony’:

“irony1
/ˈʌɪrəni/

noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect”

It is not sarcasm. This is an Australian investment forum. A feature of the Australian language is the use of ‘irony’. If you want an English language forum that uses sarcasm the UK is your best bet.

I do not subscribe to the idea that we should move to match the lowest common denominator and in doing so give up our uniqueness.

You should read the Australian classic ‘Their a Weird Mob’. It will explain this concept much better than I can.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
No, no, no - not a pun - what's that thing that spells the same backwards as forward?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

uiux

Regular
No, no, no - not a pun - what's that thing that spells the same backwards as forward?

1662342087177.png

1662342108846.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
harasenord?

Say WHAT?!!!!!!!!

Check out page 33 of Synopsis's "Corporate Overview for Investors May 22".

PS: Thank the gods I topped up on my dwindling supply of champers the other day!!!

B x 💋

🍾🥂🍾

View attachment 15812

CLOSE UP

View attachment 15813
The other tenuous link between them all is that Valeo link back to Sensor Cortek who link back to Synopsys who also link to ARM as a partnership.

BRN with Valeo and ARM already obviously and as @Bravo has now discovered...a possible link to Synopsys which could filter to Sensor Cortek and ultimately Valeo also so potential multiple paths.

Post in thread 'BRN Discussion 2022' https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-85837

Recent vid at Edge Ai and Vision Alliance from Sensor Cortek.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 32 users

JK200SX

Regular
Language warning, please read no further if you are easily offended, but realistically the word I am going to use is very common place in Australia.

In one of my novels I dedicated several pages to the correct use of the word fuck. I used this to demonstrate an immigrant (the subject of my novel) learning how to interpret and use this special word—it's all in the context!

I understand very well how people who have English as a second language find it difficult to understand some sentences, spoken or written, by people accustomed to the Australian vernacular. I even struggle at times.

In Australian industry, and when working with tradies, it's almost impossible to get any response without using that word in almost every sentence. And we use the Chinese notion of a double negative (meaning extra negative) by doubling up as in fuck'n fuck. Very useful when directing at a person as in "you fuck'n fuck". Then you know you've done something wrong.

And I find the word fucktard to be very appropriate, quite often.

This explains it perfectly :)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Bravo

This is pretty cool. Real-time radar-based action recognition utilizing SNN. A match made in heaven for Nintendo + BrainChip IMO.

V1 pm.png

V2 pm.png

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 38 users

skutza

Regular
Mostly what is used here is ‘irony’:

“irony1
/ˈʌɪrəni/

noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect”

It is not sarcasm. This is an Australian investment forum. A feature of the Australian language is the use of ‘irony’. If you want an English language forum that uses sarcasm the UK is your best bet.

I do not subscribe to the idea that we should move to match the lowest common denominator and in doing so give up our uniqueness.

You should read the Australian classic ‘Their a Weird Mob’. It will explain this concept much better than I can.

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I read "They're a weird mob" many years ago, it's a wonderful read. Not sure if I've read "Their a weird mob" though? "lowest common denominator"??? hmmm...... ouch. But you are correct, it is an Australian forum, a good way to learn through immersion.
I was just thinking out loud, trying to be inclusive I'll try to refrain from this in the future.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

uiux

Regular
harasenord?
Alaskan buzzwhirler

The other tenuous link between them all is that Valeo link back to Sensor Cortek who link back to Synopsys who also link to ARM as a partnership.

BRN with Valeo and ARM already obviously and as @Bravo has now discovered...a possible link to Synopsys which could filter to Sensor Cortek and ultimately Valeo also so potential multiple paths.

Post in thread 'BRN Discussion 2022' https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-85837

Recent vid at Edge Ai and Vision Alliance from Sensor Cortek.

---

When do we join the DARPA toolbox initiative?

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

skutza

Regular
  • Haha

uiux

Regular

Texas A&M and Arizona State University researchers will develop artificial intelligence algorithms to predict fatigue states using human breath.

The project aims to better understand sleep deprivation, mental and physical fatigue in humans by measuring breath volatile organic compounds (VOC) biomarkers and how they can affect performance, especially in high-stakes environments.

Understanding the breath VOCs will enable researchers to create a set of AI algorithms to detect a person’s fatigued state.

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
Something else to maybe keep tabs on developments is the latest award by the US Air Force.

We know the NASA Radneuro project is ongoing as per recent pressos posted.

We know KBR were seeking Radneuro engineers first half of this year with specific mention of Akida as well as Loihi and Google TPU so we can conclude KBR well versed in Akida.

Post in thread 'BRN Discussion 2022' https://thestockexchange.com.au/threads/brn-discussion-2022.1/post-51330

The new award is via a KBR JV with Xandar.

Whilst no specific mention of AI, neuromorphic etc I suspect there could be some crossover needs for same in the contract?

HOUSTON, Texas. KBR has won a $4.8 billion contract through Xandar, a KBR joint venture, to support the National Air and Space Intelligence Center (NASIC) Scientific and Technical Information Analytic Capability Support (NOVASTAR) program, the company announced in a statement.

Under the contract, Xandar will provide NASIC with support for research, development, and sustainment of hardware, systems, and software to be used for scientific and technical intelligence production for the Air Force, the statement reads. The contract runs through 2033.

The purpose of the work is to "provide agile and innovative resource capabilities supporting technical analysis in the intelligence community, turning innovation into intelligence products, and constantly improving productivity in technical analysis product generation," the statement reads.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Texas A&M and Arizona State University researchers will develop artificial intelligence algorithms to predict fatigue states using human breath.

The project aims to better understand sleep deprivation, mental and physical fatigue in humans by measuring breath volatile organic compounds (VOC) biomarkers and how they can affect performance, especially in high-stakes environments.

Understanding the breath VOCs will enable researchers to create a set of AI algorithms to detect a person’s fatigued state.
Marathon runners could use that.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Bravo

Podcast with Geoffrey Bouquot from Valeo "Why do you need software in your car?"​

2 days ago

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

uiux

Regular

Description: Develop advanced infrared device technologies that enable hardened space detector arrays with improved detection
to perform acquisition, tracking, and discrimination of space objects and missile warning.

FY 2022 Plans:
Continue design, development, and assessment of low-cost, high-volume infrared detectors and focal plane arrays for proliferated
space architecture layers. Continue development of focal plane array optical data outputs for higher speed and data throughput
and continue radiation tolerance characterization of photonic devices. Continue development of alternative infrared focal plane
array materials and device architectures. Complete development of resilient scanning and staring digital focal plane arrays.
Initiate development and assessment of event based sensing concepts and hardware. Initiate development of high dynamic
range, laser hardened 8192 x 8192 pixels, 10 micron pixel pitch focal plane arrays.
FY 2023 Plans:
Complete design, development, and assessment of low-cost, high-volume infrared detectors and focal plane arrays for proliferated
space architecture layers. Continue development of focal plane array optical data outputs for higher speed and data throughput
and continue radiation tolerance characterization of photonic devices. Continue development and refinement of alternative
infrared focal plane array materials and device architectures. Continue development and assessment of event based sensing
concepts and hardware and initiate partnerships with other Government agencies to explore potential transition paths. Continue
development of high dynamic range, laser hardened 8192 x 8192 pixels, 10 micron pixel pitch focal plane arrays to provide
resilience against emerging threat

Description: Develop technologies for space-based payload components such as radiation-hardened electronic devices,
microelectro-mechanical system devices, and advanced electronics packaging.

FY 2022 Plans:
Continue leadership role in Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Systems Engineering trusted and assured microelectronics
strategy efforts to develop trusted manufacturing techniques that reduce risk to National Security Space systems. Continue
adapting bench-marking capabilities on new electronics using the latest spacecraft algorithms and transitioning bench-marking
capabilities and results to the acquisition community to enable data-informed payload architecture design decisions. Complete
space qualification planning for next generation space processor. Complete development of alternative memory approaches.
Continue research and development of ultra-low power and neuromorphic/cortical processing architectures and advanced
transistor research to enable game-changing capabilities
in future National Security Space systems. Initiate small satellite, high-
performance processing to enable on-orbit autonomy, data fusion, and machine learning.
FY 2023 Plans:
Continue leadership role in Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Systems Engineering trusted and assured microelectronics
strategy efforts to develop trusted manufacturing techniques that reduce risk to National Security Space systems. Continue
adapting bench-marking capabilities on new electronics using the latest spacecraft algorithms and transitioning bench-marking
capabilities and results to the acquisition community to enable data-informed payload architecture design decisions. Initiate
prototype memory manufacturing, testing and design improvements. Complete research and development of ultra-low power and
neuromorphic/cortical processing architectures and advanced transistor research to enable game-changing capabilities in future
National Security Space systems. Continue research and development of high-performance processing for small satellites to
enable revolutionary on-orbit edge processing, autonomy, data fusion, and machine learning.

---

I understand this to be an insane DVS and neuromorphic chip combo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users

Bravo

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Not sure if this one comes up under the FENCE program @uiux has been tracking?

Solicitation has closed so worth seeing where award goes maybe.

A couple of stipulations in the scope worth noting in particular Ph III.

Event-Based Infrared Read-Out Integrated Circuit for Neuromorphic Processing​

TECH FOCUS AREAS: Microelectronics

TECHNOLOGY AREAS: Sensors

OBJECTIVE: This topic seeks to model, design, and produce an asynchronous, event-based infrared read out integrated circuit (ROIC) with low power, medium array format, and digital outputs compatible with neuromorphic algorithms.

PHASE I: Selected Phase I efforts will develop a model for an event based infrared ROIC and imager using provided detector models. The model will be delivered in the form of code (e.g., Matlab, Python) for verification and future validation.

PHASE II: Companies selected for Phase II will design and produce an asynchronous ROIC based on the models at the desired array size and pixel pitch. Efforts will demonstrate low power operation under static scenes, as well as high speed operation. Both hybridized focalplane arrays and unhybridized ROICs will be delivered for testing, with supporting hardware interface control documentation and control software.

PHASE III DUAL USE APPLICATIONS: Phase III efforts will demonstrate a fully packaged camera with a neuromorphic processing chip. Spiking neural network device technology is preferable. Efforts will leverage emerging event-based sensing algorithms to demonstrate.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
Top Bottom