BRN Discussion Ongoing

uiux

Regular
Not sure if this one comes up under the FENCE program @uiux has been tracking?

Solicitation has closed so worth seeing where award goes maybe.

A couple of stipulations in the scope worth noting in particular Ph III.

Event-Based Infrared Read-Out Integrated Circuit for Neuromorphic Processing​

TECH FOCUS AREAS: Microelectronics

TECHNOLOGY AREAS: Sensors

OBJECTIVE: This topic seeks to model, design, and produce an asynchronous, event-based infrared read out integrated circuit (ROIC) with low power, medium array format, and digital outputs compatible with neuromorphic algorithms.

PHASE I: Selected Phase I efforts will develop a model for an event based infrared ROIC and imager using provided detector models. The model will be delivered in the form of code (e.g., Matlab, Python) for verification and future validation.

PHASE II: Companies selected for Phase II will design and produce an asynchronous ROIC based on the models at the desired array size and pixel pitch. Efforts will demonstrate low power operation under static scenes, as well as high speed operation. Both hybridized focalplane arrays and unhybridized ROICs will be delivered for testing, with supporting hardware interface control documentation and control software.

PHASE III DUAL USE APPLICATIONS: Phase III efforts will demonstrate a fully packaged camera with a neuromorphic processing chip. Spiking neural network device technology is preferable. Efforts will leverage emerging event-based sensing algorithms to demonstrate.

I filed it in

And

---

I understand F.E.N.C.E to be a project to "catch hypersonics"

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Deadpool

hyper-efficient Ai
Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Irony.

Irony who?

Irony the BrainChip tablecloth because it's too wrinkly.
You're not that very lovely lady comedian Denise Scott are you?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I filed it in

And

---

I understand F.E.N.C.E to be a project to "catch hypersonics"
So looks like a tie in through standalone solicitation. Cool.

No, no, no - not a pun - what's that thing that spells the same backwards as forward?
It’s not a thing . It’s a town in south Australia. Glenelg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Foxdog

Regular
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
You're not that very lovely lady comedian Denise Scott are you?

No, I don't know who Denise is, but she must be a very funny lady.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Thinking
Reactions: 1 users

Diogenese

Top 20
No, I don't know who Denise is, but she must be a very funny lady.
At this point, a person who is less PC than I would say "Nice legs - shame about the feet."

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Violin1

Regular
Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Irony.

Irony who?

Irony the BrainChip tablecloth because it's too wrinkly.
That is beautiful @Bravo - a slight genteel dig at every "chider" at once. Classic!

• Haha

Bravo

At this point, a person who is less PC than I would say "Nice legs - shame about the feet."

Obviously I can't speak for Denise's trotters, but luckily for me, my feet are flawless. 🦶

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

mrgds

Regular
Obviously I can't speak for Denise's trotters, but luckily for me, my feet are flawless. 🦶
Are you doing a "handstand"?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

Are you doing a "handstand"?

No, I just finished applying my toenail-polish so I can't move for another twenty minutes.

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 4.22.49 pm.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28 users

uiux

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Bravo

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23 users

You Tolkien to me?!"​

- Hobbit de Niro.
Painted hairy toenails ( at least unbitten ( and questioning the weather . These geeks involved with brain chip had better snap out of this MI 5 mentality and post something to support the share price and the mental well-being of the posters on this site .

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Jumpchooks

Regular
Language warning, please read no further if you are easily offended, but realistically the word I am going to use is very common place in Australia.

In one of my novels I dedicated several pages to the correct use of the word fuck. I used this to demonstrate an immigrant (the subject of my novel) learning how to interpret and use this special word—it's all in the context!

I understand very well how people who have English as a second language find it difficult to understand some sentences, spoken or written, by people accustomed to the Australian vernacular. I even struggle at times.

In Australian industry, and when working with tradies, it's almost impossible to get any response without using that word in almost every sentence. And we use the Chinese notion of a double negative (meaning extra negative) by doubling up as in fuck'n fuck. Very useful when directing at a person as in "you fuck'n fuck". Then you know you've done something wrong.

And I find the word fucktard to be very appropriate, quite often.
K'n Akida, Kn'good, Kn'oath!

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
No, I just finished applying my toenail-polish so I can't move for another twenty minutes.

View attachment 15898

Bravo you should be selling this stuff on only fans, might be able to accumulate some more parcels... lol...

shudder shudder..... haha

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
We have a few (quite a few) non-Australians on this forum. I am Australian and I'm having a little trouble deciding on who is and who isn't using sarcasm.
But you are correct, it is an Australian forum, a good way to learn through immersion.

Dear @skutza (I'm not sure myself whether it's irony or not.)
Our guide says:

"Talk and learn about your favourite Australian stocks in a safe space!"
"The Stock Exchange Forum is home to thousands of investors and traders who come together every day to discuss their favourite Australian stocks."
"These trolls can typically ensure someone like you, someone just interested in engaging in and learning about Australian Stocks, has a really bad time."
"So, if you are looking for a safe place to discuss your favourite Australian Stocks - and maybe even learn about a few others - you've made it!"

So it doesn't say anything about this being an Australian forum. But if I look at the terms and conditions from the other place:
hotcrapper "is not intended for people outside of Australia and New Zealand."
I will spare myself the link or source.

Perhaps the neater and more appropriate place? ...that is sarcasm.

For me it was the first time in over three years that I read here and there about someone who seems to mind that non-Australians are also taking part. That's why I replied and deleted my first post to this topic.
Everyone as he likes.
There are a lot of things I can learn here e.g. all about Australian stocks but also other important things (irony and again not) slang from around the world, about sarcasm and irony, Vegemite, other cultures and their customs and much more. You can also learn here about being inclusive. It's never too late. And there is always something to laugh about. That's why I also love this place.
I now take a step back and continue to enjoy this open forum and multinational weird mob.

Thank you zeeb0t for welcoming us all.

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

Bravo

According to my friend Hannah from Glenelg, it's a palindrome.

Go dog!

Madam Hannah, the deified, level & civic nun from Glenelg uses a radar in her racecar at noon.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom