Top 20
More likely industry giant Synopsys are just confused

How deep did they have to dig for that graphic

BrainChip neuromorphic accelerator PCIe card released​

by Mark Tyson on 15 September 2017, 12:01

Quick Link: HEXUS.net/qadlrx
Add to My Vault:
x

https://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/110135-brainchip-neuromorphic-accelerator-pcie-card-released/

This week BrainChip launched the world's first PCIe card for the hardware acceleration of neuromorphic computing. The add-in card, aptly named the BrainChip Accelerator, is the first commercial application of a hardware-accelerated spiking neural network system. Initially it will have a rather limited scope of application: it will be used alongside the BrainChip Studio AI software (Windows or Linux) to greatly increase the speed of object and face recognition.

5c76d1a8-c393-4b14-a4a2-567a04597815.jpg

Looking closer at the hardware, it is described as an 8-lane PCI-Express add-in card. A Xilinx Kintex Ultrascale field-programmable gate array (FPGA), which you can see prominently on the card pictured above, includes six BrainChip Accelerator cores. The BrainChip Accelerator card is said to be very energy efficient as each processor core consumes just one watt while processing up to 100 frames per second (total card power = 15W).

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users
On a dull day in Sydney all of a sudden I feel warm fuzzy and a very bright future coming our way …. Na it’s just the thought of summer coming
What a great time to be a long time holder

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Diogenese

Top 20
More likely industry giant Synopsys are just confused

How deep did they have to dig for that graphic
Stuff posted on the internet can still be subject to Copyright.

Would a company in a highly competitive business take the risk of publishing a 50+ page brochure with an infringing copy of a competitor's product photo?

... or give your competitor free advertising?

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Would a company in a highly competitive business take the risk of publishing a 50+ page brochure with an infringing copy of a competitor's product photo?

Of course, they could just be clutching on to our coat tails.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
In my innocence I am like Lord Halsbury prepared to accept that those who created this document, proofed it before it was published, checked it before it was distributed and that at each stage of being proofed and checked the meaning of the words and pictures conveyed the meaning and intent Synopsys intended to convey to a reader.

Lord Halsbury LC in Hilder v Dexter in his judgment abstained from ruling on the meaning of a piece of legislation because he had a hand in the drafting of the legislation and the Rules for Statutory Interpretation prevent a Court asking the drafters of the legislation what they intended their words to mean:
My Lords, I have more than once had occasion to say that in construing a statute I believe the worst person to construe it is the person who is responsible for its drafting. He is very much disposed to confuse what he intended to do with the effect of the language which in fact has been employed. At the time he drafted the statute, at all events, he may have been under the impression that he had given full effect to what was intended, but he may be mistaken in construing it afterwards just because what was in his mind was what was intended, though, perhaps, it was not done. For that reason I abstain from giving any judgment in this case myself; but at the same time I desire to say, having read the judgments proposed to be delivered by my noble and learned friends, that I entirely concur with every word of them. I believe that the construction at which they have arrived was the intention of the statute. I do not say my intention, but the intention of the Legislature. I was largely responsible for the language in which the enactment is conveyed, and for that reason, and for that reason only, I have not written a judgment myself, but I heartily concur in the judgment which my noble and learned friends have arrived at. [7]

Some might find Lord Halsbury’ words a little confusing but studied sufficiently they reveal great logic and commonsense.

To me they are saying that it is reasonable to accept that the author of words intended a meaning and that they believed at the time that the words they used conveyed that meaning.

So unless someone has evidence that Synopsys intended that the meaning of the image of the Brainchip Accelerator can be read as an accelerator from Intel or Samsung or some other Ai Accelerator producer then the only logical meaning to be attributed is the one presented which is that Synopsys use Brainchip Accelerator/s as part of its IP Solution for servers.

In consequence I have referred page 33 to Brainchip for comment on the basis that it evidences a relationship between Brainchip and Synopsys which is now made public.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users

uiux

Regular

At the very least BrainChip just got advertised to everyone reading that Synopsys preso

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

Quiltman

Regular
In my innocence I am like Lord Halsbury prepared to accept that those who created this document, proofed it before it was published, checked it before it was distributed and that at each stage of being proofed and checked the meaning of the words and pictures conveyed the meaning and intent Synopsys intended to convey to a reader.

Lord Halsbury LC in Hilder v Dexter in his judgment abstained from ruling on the meaning of a piece of legislation because he had a hand in the drafting of the legislation and the Rules for Statutory Interpretation prevent a Court asking the drafters of the legislation what they intended their words to mean:

Some might find Lord Halsbury’ words a little confusing but studied sufficiently they reveal great logic and commonsense.

To me they are saying that it is reasonable to accept that the author of words intended a meaning and that they believed at the time that the words they used conveyed that meaning.

So unless someone has evidence that Synopsys intended that the meaning of the image of the Brainchip Accelerator can be read as an accelerator from Intel or Samsung or some other Ai Accelerator producer then the only logical meaning to be attributed is the one presented which is that Synopsys use Brainchip Accelerator/s as part of its IP Solution for servers.

In consequence I have referred page 33 to Brainchip for comment on the basis that it evidences a relationship between Brainchip and Synopsys which is now made public.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Should the s**t hit the wall FF I’m ever so pleased to have you on our side !

An irrelevant story I’d like to share.
My grandfather was “lucky” enough to drive a tank in WW2. It was hit by German fire, he scrambled out the bottom and managed to rescue the captain. The captain survived the war and became a QC, offered free service to our family for the duration. Called upon his services once, a minor family law court matter ( 50 years ago ) … with that advantage we won the case.

To me FF, you are like my grandfather’s captain.

cheers

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 47 users

Fox151

Regular
Just as I thought a generic photo downloaded from the web that just happens to have Brainchip printed on it. Nothing to see here. 🤣😂🤣❤️🤡😎
So not enough proof for uiux to allow it on to Bacon's iceberg?

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
Should the s**t hit the wall FF I’m ever so pleased to have you on our side !

An irrelevant story I’d like to share.
My grandfather was “lucky” enough to drive a tank in WW2. It was hit by German fire, he scrambled out the bottom and managed to rescue the captain. The captain survived the war and became a QC, offered free service to our family for the duration. Called upon his services once, a minor family law court matter ( 50 years ago ) … with that advantage we won the case.

To me FF, you are like my grandfather’s captain.

cheers
Logic is a powerful tool. You do not need to be a lawyer to use logic.

Today my wife used logic or should I say the absence of logic to have a problem resolved.

Last night the nurse dispensing her medication did not give her all the pills she expected. She asked why and the nurse said “The instructions from the Pharmacist on the box you provided say one tablet with breakfast.” My wife protested but had to accept the answer but requested a Doctor be called without effect.

This morning at breakfast the nurse in providing the medications provide a half tablet when the dose on the box stated a whole tablet in the morning and a half at night.

My wife asked why are you giving me a half tablet. The nurse replied that is what is on your chart. Where did that come from asked my wife. From the box said the nurse. I don’t think so said my wife knowing what was on the box. I will show you said the nurse.

Upon reading the box the nurse does not show the box but states I will call a Doctor I cannot change the charts.

My wife then said l asked you to do that last night so please make sure you do as this medication is very important and incorrect administration could be fatal whereas the medication last night was not so your failure at this time has only caused some discomfort.

Very shortly a Doctor appeared and the medication issues were corrected.

The application of calm logic by a person achieves the proper outcome. No lawyer required.

Of course if you are too ill to notice nothing will save you from another’s incompetence in this situation.

The relevance of the use of logic to Brainchip is to be found in how it can answer whether Brainchip is serving the best interests of shareholders in failing to make announcements.

Brainchip states that the ASX rules are being strictly enforced against them and so they are taking great care not to come into conflict with the ASX.

The negative argument we hear elsewhere is that this is not the reason but rather this failure is in furtherance of some plan to drive down the share price and not serve the interests of all shareholders in particular retail shareholders.

These same purveyors of the negative argument also put the view that the absence of news regarding Renesas, Ford and Valeo is because these EAPs/customers have rejected AKIDA and are not proceeding and Brainchip is concealing this information.

Application of logic shows that these two positions cannot stand together.

Put simply if the first was true all Brainchip would need to do was issue an announcement that one or all of these EAPs had fallen over and the share price would crash.

Opposed to this Brainchip continue to affirm the ongoing nature of these relationships and state via Investor Relations that if the situation changed they would make an announcement.

Logic states that continuing to maintain that these EAPs/customers remain engaged is a positive action supporting the share price.

Supporting the share price is inconsistent with attempting to drive down the share price to the disadvantage of retail shareholders.

Logic therefore allows one to happily hold the opinion that the Company will announce anything which it believes accords strictly with ASX Rules related to Continuous Disclosure requirement to be material.

It is as a result logical to accept the absence of information regarding EAPs, Customers and partners is because of genuine commercial in confidence Non Disclosure Agreements aimed at maximising commercial outcomes, such as first to market, in an industry which is extremely sensitive to industrial espionage by hostile actors, a large number of which, are state sponsored and funded.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 43 users

uiux

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

uiux

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Foxdog

Regular
On a dull day in Sydney all of a sudden I feel warm fuzzy and a very bright future coming our way …. Na it’s just the thought of summer coming
What a great time to be a long time holder
Think 'triple-dip La Nina' - sorry to rain on your party though 🤔😆

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real
I have done the same thing and now have lots. Its not complaining. It is about the concerns we have from time to time. Hopefully what we see by research and company engagement will come to fruition soon. It is sometimes very hard to wait when company hasn't released any announcements regarding the revenue.
Amigo, many if not all of us here are in it for the long haul….just channel @chapman89 and myself. Bali is magnificent this time of year! I plan to do this every year off the back of BRN!!

Attachments

• 9B158FEB-EC3E-4730-84D1-7C51432EA9B2.jpeg
    9B158FEB-EC3E-4730-84D1-7C51432EA9B2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 71
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Amigo, many if not all of us here are in it for the long haul….just channel @chapman89 and myself. Bali is magnificent this time of year! I plan to do this every year off the back of BRN!!
With you on that one Andy ..... Very nice .... cheers and enjoy 🍹🍻

Reactions: 7 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 39 users

TheFunkMachine

seeds have the potential to become trees.
Say WHAT?!!!!!!!!

Check out page 33 of Synopsis's "Corporate Overview for Investors May 22".

PS: Thank the gods I topped up on my dwindling supply of champers the other day!!!

B x 💋

🍾🥂🍾

View attachment 15812

CLOSE UP

View attachment 15813
This is awesome find Bravo. It would be an incredible random photo to use if there wasn’t a connection with Brainchip there, especially with Rob Telsons previous connection working for them.

Synopsys is a 50 b MC company listed on the NASDAQ. Not an insignificant connection here.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
This is awesome find Bravo. It would be an incredible random photo to use if there wasn’t a connection with Brainchip there, especially with Rob Telsons previous connection working for them.

Synopsys is a 50 b MC company listed on the NASDAQ. Not an insignificant connection here.
Nah it's just a coincidence 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom