BRN Discussion Ongoing

McHale

Regular
I don't like having to move from thread to thread either, it is really clunky, time consuming etc etc
@zeeb0t, I just saw your reply, thanks would be greatly appreciated, and on another note the TSE site is a great initiative and it's very
nice to feel the "peace in the valley" here.

Reactions: 21 users

Dirac

This would be an interesting report to read ........ if I had a lazy $4,800 ($US I assume) 😮.

Reactions: 2 users

McHale

Regular
This might be it:

Thanks FF, I run off a memory too, but sometimes it works better than other times, but it has been an "interesting" week in my office.

Moving on I get to be 70 this Saturday, which at one point of time felt like a span of life I wouldn't see, so I will celebrate this with
my lovely wife, and perhaps a toast with the very nice antique port I picked up yesterday for the occasion.

It's interesting to hear you run off memory (I do understand you spend far more time than I do here), because in saying that it's
obvious your brain is doing very well. So Cheers FF, and plenty more to come we hope.

• Love

They are rhesus macaque monkeys not chimpanzees

This is an article detailing the response from Neuralink - https://www.teslarati.com/neuralink-inhumane-treatment-animal-testing-response/

Bit difficult to integrate hardware into an actual brain without actually testing the hardware throughout the development process, they have also tested on pigs

I too don't want to be cruel to animals needlessly

But if that sort of tech could restore the use of limbs to a crippled human in the future (or some other benefit we cannot deliver today) then surely its worth investigating & I wouldn't want them to experiment on humans?
There is lots of work going on in this area even within the military using humans for the experiments to improve brain response times and to over come fatigue. Reading the posted article chimpanzees, pigs or rhesus macque monkeys makes no difference from my perspective the alleged conduct is disgusting as reported in the filed court documents and you are taking as a given that there is no other scientific method available to carry out this research.

For at least the best part of 200 years animals have been used in just about every laboratory in the world but in the last 30 years there has been a dramatic change because of expectations around the humane treatment of animals and scientific advancements. The bottom line is animals are used mostly because they are cheap by comparison and do not complain. There are no perfect animal to human models.

If you go to Samsung and search its work on mapping the human brain you will see that there are already very advanced models of the actual brain that Neuralink is looking to connect its system too so it strikes me that using animals in this fashion when they are not a perfect representation of the human brain will in the end still lead to experiments on humans to make it all work.

Quantum computing will also allow for incredibly advanced modelling in the future if current neural computing architecture is not up to the task so an ends justifies the means argument is hollow. As I said in the end Neuralink will have to stick their probes into human brains as no regulatory body anywhere in the world will accept monkey and pig test results as being sufficient proof of the medical efficacy. If they were not just having a blind shot in the dark they could use computer modelling and then work with humans. Elon Musk could volunteer.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 11 users
Thanks FF, I run off a memory too, but sometimes it works better than other times, but it has been an "interesting" week in my office.

Moving on I get to be 70 this Saturday, which at one point of time felt like a span of life I wouldn't see, so I will celebrate this with
my lovely wife, and perhaps a toast with the very nice antique port I picked up yesterday for the occasion.

It's interesting to hear you run off memory (I do understand you spend far more time than I do here), because in saying that it's
obvious your brain is doing very well. So Cheers FF, and plenty more to come we hope.
Happy Birthday for this Saturday. FF

Reactions: 5 users

davidfitz

Regular
I cannot find a chart thread so maybe there isn't one. Not really that important as I never understood them but there used to be some helpful commentary that would accompany the chart.

Very low volume today which is neither bad or good (I suppose?). Just wondering if this is the result of a fundamental change that is about to occur with the price.

Seems like the market is waiting for something to occur!

Reactions: 11 users

db1969oz

Regular
I cannot find a chart thread so maybe there isn't one. Not really that important as I never understood them but there used to be some helpful commentary that would accompany the chart.

Very low volume today which is neither bad or good (I suppose?). Just wondering if this is the result of a fundamental change that is about to occur with the price.

It’s under technical analysis. But doesn’t get used as much as prev on Hot Crapper.

Reactions: 3 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

Avoiding the most recent low of $1.33 on 27th Jan will be good news. Higher lows and higher highs. Go you good thing.

Reactions: 12 users

davidfitz

Regular
It’s under technical analysis. But doesn’t get used as much as prev on Hot Crapper.
Thanks good to see YLJ on there and its probably a good thing that it not overused as a Chart Thread should be all about charts 😀

Taproot

Regular
Am keeping one eye on XILNIX already ;), I believe BRN are likely the reason AMD is purchasing them at the moment .............tick........tock :cool:

Bob Beachler is ex: Xilinx. He worked on machine learning and embedded vision applications for Xilinx before coming over to Brainchip.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Mea culpa

prəmɪskjuəs

Welcome to the Septuagenarian Circle, McHale. A morning running companion believes port is not only a necessary relaxant before retiring each evening but also sustains and enhances a retentive memory. Now there was something else I thought I'd add. Oh dear, what was it? No idea.
Anyway, cheers.
Mea Culpa

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Proga

Regular

Here you go chief

Thanks greatlake. That's the third interview of Sean I've heard and he is definitely getting better. The interviewer did a great job. A lot of the questions he asked I would have liked to ask myself and Sean's replies were succinct and to the point.

Interesting he said he can't talk about Mercedes. There must be a lot of development of further applications happening using Akida to be incorporated into future models so Mercedes wants to keep it quiet to wow the market to gain a competitive advantage. If Akida was restricted to the concept car, Sean could chirp his head off.

Work being carried out analysing vibration patterns on trains seems fairly advanced.

The stock only needs 1 or 2 licencing agreements to put another rocket under the share price. Sean gave a big hint a few where already on their way down the pipeline for this year. I thought he did a could job explaining it is a pipeline and will take some time for applications using Akida technology becoming commercially available when licencing agreements are signed.

Last edited:
Anyone knows what happened just now?

Screenshot_20220217_150555.jpg

A8kr1

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Proga

Regular
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Taproot

Regular
Bob Beachler is ex: Xilinx. He worked on machine learning and embedded vision applications for Xilinx before coming over to Brainchip.

So - now Bob is at Untether AI
This is an absolute must watch.
Does Bob know something that GP Singh doesn't ;)

Reactions: 1 users

Slade

Top 20
Reactions: 3 users

DJM263

LTH - 2015
Ukraine. It's very expensive to keep armed forces in the field.

I heard the Russians weren't allowed over the border until they were fully vaccinated!

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

uiux

Regular
Hope you guys have prepared your bunkers. Best you go there now. Stay safe comrades.

I stocked up on:

LDOS:US
NOC:US
RTX:US
LHX:US
LMT:US
BA:US
GD:US

Top Bottom