BRN Discussion Ongoing

Xray1

Regular
Hi X,

I did some research on this announcement, but I seem to have neglected to post it because my internet connexion is playing up.

These are the CERCO patents I found.

US2010034469A1 METHOD OF FAST SEARCHING AND RECOGNITION OF A DIGITAL IMAGE REPRESENTATIVE OF AT LEAST ONE GRAPHICAL PATTERN IN A BANK OF DIGITAL IMAGES [#### ABANDONED ####]

EP2082336A1 METHOD OF FAST SEARCHING AND RECOGNITION OF A DIGITAL IMAGE REPRESENTATIVE OF AT LEAST ONE GRAPHICAL PATTERN IN A BANK OF DIGITAL IMAGES

BrainChip Completes Acquisition of Spikenet - BrainChip

BrainChip Completes Acquisition of Spikenet

ALISO VIEJO, CA — (Marketwired) — 09/06/16 — BrainChip Holdings Ltd (ASX: BRN) (“BrainChip” or “the Company”), announced today it has completed the acquisition of Spikenet Technology SAS (“Spikenet”), a revenue-producing, France-based Artificial Intelligence (Al) company and leader in computer vision technology, first announced by BrainChip on June 30, 2016.
Makes you wonder why they are now purchasing the Patent and Patent Filing Application given they purchased the Co Spikenet Technology some time ago back in 2016 ........ I think that BRN wants Simon Thorpe taken off the patents rights ?? !! ......... he's probably happy that he most likely received funds for the initial Lic' Agt and has now imo most likely received extra funds for the sale of that patent ....... Maybe Peter wanted to make sure, that he had full control of that Patent for future and ongoing advances with Akida 2500 - 4000 and during and beyond cortical advancements ??!!. I think Peter and Simon are still on good terms and I also think that Simon may have other projects that he maybe working on that might assist BRN with further technological advance. But, I still think that someone from a big fish organisational perspective wants to make sure all areas of potential contention/s will be resolved before fully engaging with BRN.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

uiux

Regular
Hmm tbh although I am a bit confused why the patent approval wasn't announced (or whether it was actually approved already), the share price always goes up by few cents and drops back after those type of announcements anyways. I think everyone (including myself) is annoyed because share price is below $1 and thats after the fantastic news from the half yearly report (the revenue from MegaChips).

On a separate note, does anyone recall when our CEO said the revenue from Renesas will start flowing in? Although I understand that they cant reply provide much update, it would be great if they can tell us what's happening with Ford, Merc, Valeo, and other EAPs...

I am personally a bit worried because they listed Vorago as a partner and I think someone from FB msged one of the Verago's team member saying the project didn't go ahead... (if I recall correctly)

Hopefully we will get an update soooooooooooooooooooooooon! Sit tight~~ IMO DYOR

Btw, on Google Patent, it still says it's pending, am I looking at another patent or is it normally delayed??

Google patents are slow to update

The patent has been granted already.

I was expecting an announcement. Apparently the company doesn't seem it worthy of one.

NASA are doing their own radiation testing and have many different things going on irrelevant to Vorago. It's all detailed in this thread:

Most of the related SBIR/STTR are also detailed here:

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Cardpro

Regular

I was expecting an announcement. Apparently the company doesn't seem it worthy of one.

NASA are doing their own radiation testing and have many different things going on irrelevant to Vorago. It's all detailed in this thread:

My assumption was that if they made a price sensitive announcement and if it falls apart they should provide an update... now I am a bit worried whether the deal/work with Ford, Valeo, Merc is still on going 😅... but it's just meeeee
I won't be selling and my sentiment is still a buyyyy imoo

uiux

Regular

Specifically

Screenshot_20220903-212128~2.png

This specifies the nanosat they will be sending into space through the Van Allen belts featuring Akida

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

uiux

Regular
My assumption was that if they made a price sensitive announcement and if it falls apart they should provide an update... now I am a bit worried whether the deal/work with Ford, Valeo, Merc is still on going 😅... but it's just meeeee
I won't be selling and my sentiment is still a buyyyy imoo

None of that makes any sense

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users

uiux

Regular
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Serengeti

Regular
Soooo I do not think this is Akida, but the new Microsoft HoloLens 2 is cool and something to keep an eye on perhaps? Used by Mercedes, Toyota, NASA, Carnegie Mellon Uni, US defence Force among others. The website states the lens contains a Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 compute program SOC, cooling is passive (no fans) and other specs (all means mumbo jumbo to me).
I thought of Magikeye when I started reading but who knows. Anyways here is the link if interested in having a read.

Last but definitely not least cheers to everyone for all your research and time.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

uiux

Regular
Soooo I do not think this is Akida, but the new Microsoft HoloLens 2 is cool and something to keep an eye on perhaps? Used by Mercedes, Toyota, NASA, Carnegie Mellon Uni, US defence Force among others. The website states the lens contains a Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 compute program SOC, cooling is passive (no fans) and other specs (all means mumbo jumbo to me).
I thought of Magic eye when I started reading but who knows. Anyways here is the link if interested in having a read

Last but definitely not least cheers to everyone for all your research and time.

Magikeye founders and Hololens researchers have a paper they have co-authored:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

uiux

Regular
I thought of Magikeye when I started reading but who knows. Anyways here is the link if interested in having a read,

Hololens2 is already for sale though

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Serengeti

Regular
Hololens2 is already for sale though
Yes that is correct as per website.
Could it include our IP?

uiux

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Serengeti

Regular
I found out about HoloLens 2 after reading this Bloomberg article

The US Army is taking delivery of a first batch of high-tech combat goggles made by Microsoft Corp., citing encouraging results from testing in the field.

Assistant Secretary for Acquisition Douglas Bush has “cleared the Army to begin accepting” some of the 5,000 sets of goggles, spokesman Jamal Beck said in a statement. Their delivery had been placed on hold over concern about the device’s performance until more rigorous testing took place.”

Reactions: 7 users

uiux

Regular
I found out about HoloLens 2 after reading this Bloomberg article

The US Army is taking delivery of a first batch of high-tech combat goggles made by Microsoft Corp., citing encouraging results from testing in the field.

Assistant Secretary for Acquisition Douglas Bush has “cleared the Army to begin accepting” some of the 5,000 sets of goggles, spokesman Jamal Beck said in a statement. Their delivery had been placed on hold over concern about the device’s performance until more rigorous testing took place.”

Hololens3 would be one to watch for, if anything. I'll be watching patents.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users
Who else is excited about shiftall 2nd head set piece.

No amount of marketing can make this look appeasing. When I watched Beyond 2000 as a kid I didnt imagine it would involve having a fancy human muzzle...

View attachment 15761
Just Wow.. Thought that was a joke, especially with a name like "Shiftall"..
Googled a bit about it and came up with this demonstration, of a guy, complete with goatee..

Welcome to the Metaverse 🤣..

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

DJM263

LTH - 2015
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads and Grandfathers in our world.

AKIDA Ballista

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Makes you wonder why they are now purchasing the Patent and Patent Filing Application given they purchased the Co Spikenet Technology some time ago back in 2016 ........ I think that BRN wants Simon Thorpe taken off the patents rights ?? !! ......... he's probably happy that he most likely received funds for the initial Lic' Agt and has now imo most likely received extra funds for the sale of that patent ....... Maybe Peter wanted to make sure, that he had full control of that Patent for future and ongoing advances with Akida 2500 - 4000 and during and beyond cortical advancements ??!!. I think Peter and Simon are still on good terms and I also think that Simon may have other projects that he maybe working on that might assist BRN with further technological advance. But, I still think that someone from a big fish organisational perspective wants to make sure all areas of potential contention/s will be resolved before fully engaging with BRN.
Hi X,

As I said, my research was interrupted by interenet connection problems.

As you point out, we would have got the Spikenet patents when we bought the company.

Spikenet was a spin-off set up by Simon Thorpe from CERCO (CENTRE NAT RECH SCIENT). I've added a new patent to the list. This one is from 2016 and was invented by Simon Thorpe and others, and is in the name of CERCO, so in all the excitement, I managed to get my wires crossed between Spikenet and CERCO.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

uiux

Regular
Reactions: 6 users

Kozikan

Regular
Hi @Stable Genius ,

"Renesas already acquired >1B$ business and high quality support is required for OEM/Tier1 for their smooth development and mass production launch".

I though this might have been referring to the Renesas announcement that @Makeme 2020 posted yesterday #28,417 that " That it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Steradian Semiconductors Private Limited (“Steradian”), a fabless semiconductor company based in Bengaluru, India, that provides 4D imaging radar solutions, in an all-cash transaction. The acquisition is expected to close by the end of 2022, subject to customary closing conditions. The acquisition of Steradian's radar technology will enable Renesas to extend its reach in the radar market and boost its automotive and industrial sensing solution offerings.

It also says "With the advancements of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) in the automotive market, automotive sensor fusion demand is growing to allow precise and accurate object detection of vehicles’ surroundings by combining data from multiple sensors, such as cameras, radar and LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging). Radar in particular accurately detects objects over long distances, day or night, even during harsh weather or other adverse environmental conditions. For these reasons, radar is considered an essential sensing technology for ADAS, and the number of radar sensors installed in vehicles is expected to triple over the next five years (Note). To respond to such growth potential, Renesas is expanding its automotive product portfolio with Steradian’s radar technology."

I personally see this as a very significant development, especially if Renesas intend to pair Steradian's radar technology with AKIDA for the whole sensor fusion thingamajig. 🤞
Hiya Bravo, think that's a reasonable thought, Renesas have shown a push towards ADAS systems ,
following on that premise , should we be waiting on a pssible update licence agreement ,that includes more than 2 nodes capacity.
just wondering ??

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Get ready ladies and gents of Australia.
Wow, and only 14 years old.
Learning

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom