BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bobbygant

Regular
Mutual Funds are a subset of Institutional Owners. Mutual Funds are a list of all the different funds you can invest in. Individual ETF's are usually listed on a bourse where the institutional owner collects fees for running it and the rest are internal investment funds for their own clients where they charge fees as well. As an example, all iShare ETF mutual funds are run by BlackRock as the institutional owner.

The MSN money list looks out of date. As we all know there has been a lot of institutional buying in the last couple of months. What intrigues me is Australian Super funds seem to own the bare minimum allowable according to their own fund rules. Having said that, a lot of the smaller super funds might be hidden inside the Institutions. Have a look at SYR below.

View attachment 15446

View attachment 15445
Late trade today is interesting? Seems like a ETF topped up?

Attachments

• 9C8C2D2F-D767-4229-BFF3-2505EC127945.jpeg
    9C8C2D2F-D767-4229-BFF3-2505EC127945.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 127
  • 848D7F8A-67AE-4FF7-AA2D-8C7FE1C6B930.jpeg
    848D7F8A-67AE-4FF7-AA2D-8C7FE1C6B930.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

clip

Regular
Atfer having a look at the GoPro Twitter account and some of its impressive videos

I thought how cool it would be when someday anybody is able to produce these kinds of videos with the help of AI.
And look by whom you will find videos, when you google Drone + AI + cinematography at the first results:
Carnegie Mellon University

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Proga

Regular
Hi @TasTroy77, I'd be interested to know a little more about why you're ruling it out completely.

In the information I posted yesterday, it's clear that Mercedes are taking incremental steps with the introduction of the new operating system. It was reported that "From 2022 to 2023, Mercedes-Benz will be equipped with a lightweight version of the MB.OS operating system on the next generation of new E-class models, before the full version of the MB.OS operating system is launched in 2024". Just because they refer to it as "lightweight" does not necessarily mean it won't include Akida IMO.

On the contrary, I think the signs are all pointing to the inclusion of Akida, particularly when there are references made about advanced voice control.

If we just look at the voice control feature in isolation, another example can be found in the EQS SUV where there are five different equipment packages available. One of the 5 packages is called the Interior Assistant and it includes "the latest iteration of voice control capable of recognizing gestures and it even knows which way the driver is looking thanks to an array of cameras."

The way that I understand it, is "the latest iteration of voice control" is the Vision EQXX's voice control system, which is five to ten times more efficient than conventional voice control, thanks to BrainChip's AKIDA.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

EQE with "advanced voice control"

View attachment 15384

EQS with "the latest iteration of voice control"

View attachment 15387

@Bravo good point. They also said the light weight MB.OS will be in the E-class models meaning ICE and Electric.

What's interesting, is they describe the EQE as having "Advanced voice control" but the EQS as having "the latest iteration of voice control". The EQE will have the light weight version of MB.OS but the EQS initially won't.

It sounds like Akida can run on the light weight MB.OS. What was in the EQXX?? I went back into the original detailed article MB posted about the EQXX on their website and it doesn't mention what operating system they were using.

I did spot this however. Hindsight is a beautiful thing: 🤦‍♂️

This car is one outcome of an ongoing programme that is delivering a blueprint for the future of automotive engineering. Many of its features and developments are already being integrated into production, including the next generation of the MMA – the Mercedes-Benz Modular Architecture for compact and medium-sized cars.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
From the 2021 Ai Field Day presentation by Anil Mankar available on Brainchip website.
Anil Mankar said:

“…we do have a M4 class CPU here but the function of the CPU is to really manage all the peripherals, manage the configuration of the neural networks…”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Again for newer investors and as a reprise of the highlights of Anil Mankar at the 2021 Ai Field Day:

“We are currently engaged with 10 plus customers who mainly make up early access customers, proof of concept customers, for which we are developing some special networks and also IP customers who are imbedding our IP into their SOCs. The target market for us is automotive, consumer healthcare imaging and transportation.”

“We actually make our IP available in terms of number of nodes…minimum is one node…typically … 2 nodes, 4 nodes, 8 nodes, the kind of IP that gets integrated into a microcontroller…each…IP process is technology agnostic…Number of nodes is configurable, it actually has all the logic built in.”

“We are agnostic to the processor, agnostic to the technology. It can work with MIPS, RISC-V, it can work with ARM, ARC, Intel, all the processors. Actually we don’t need a processor for running the actual network, we just have the processor run the configuration for us…”

“So basically give us a sensor that creates data and we can take that data, learn from it, analyse it, and help you…So the advantage is, the analysis is happening on the device. There is no internet connectivity required…the results are instantaneous.”

“…we are developing some Lidar data set applications for them…the customers we are working with are already ASIL certified to be in cars like camera chip guys, ultrasound, Lidar…we’ll depend on them for automotive certification…”

“Question: Are you working with defense contractors? Answer: …yes, defense contractors…also with NASA…”

“We are working on…other sensors that send 3D point cloud points and that’s actually one of the applications that we have that is later on coming in…this is a specific sensor sending us 3D point cloud data…Similar solutions can be done for Lidar data and things like that.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 62 users

Proga

Regular
Late trade today is interesting? Seems like a ETF topped up?
The volume is small. A lot of us in here own more than that. Looks like they are topping up. Must be an actively managed ETF. I know the ACDC ETF is actively managed. They have 33 global stocks including OEM's, Tesla and a couple of Aust lithium miners with each stock equating to 3% of the total. Every 3 months they go in and rebalance it ie sell stocks which have gone up to bring them back to 3% and top up the others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Again for newer investors and as a reprise of the highlights of Anil Mankar at the 2021 Ai Field Day:

“We are currently engaged with 10 plus customers who mainly make up early access customers, proof of concept customers, for which we are developing some special networks and also IP customers who are imbedding our IP into their SOCs. The target market for us is automotive, consumer healthcare imaging and transportation.”

“We actually make our IP available in terms of number of nodes…minimum is one node…typically … 2 nodes, 4 nodes, 8 nodes, the kind of IP that gets integrated into a microcontroller…each…IP process is technology agnostic…Number of nodes is configurable, it actually has all the logic built in.”

“We are agnostic to the processor, agnostic to the technology. It can work with MIPS, RISC-V, it can work with ARM, ARC, Intel, all the processors. Actually we don’t need a processor for running the actual network, we just have the processor run the configuration for us…”

“So basically gives us a sensor that creates data and can take that data, learn from it, analyse it, and help you…So the advantage is, the analysis is happening on the device. There is no internet connectivity required…the results are instantaneous.”

“…we are developing some Lidar data set applications for them…the customers we are working with are already ASIL certified to be in cars like camera chip guys, ultrasound, Lidar…we’ll depend on them for automotive certification…”

“Question: Are you working with defense contractors? Answer: …yes, defense contractors…also with NASA…”

“We are working on…other sensors that send 3D point cloud points and that’s actually one of the applications that we have that is later on coming in…this is a specific sensor sending us 3D point cloud data…Similar solutions can be done for Lidar data and things like that.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Wow FF,

You are working overtime today. At it stand, you are 15 hours into your shift. Not sure we can afford the overtime.
Really appreciate the hard word and dedication. ❤️

Learning.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 35 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
Wow FF,

You are working overtime today. At it stand, you are 15 hours into your shift. Not sure we can afford the overtime.
Really appreciate the hard word and dedication. ❤️

Learning.

Hes coming off long service leave, so must be pretty fresh, but you are right, we dont want burnout ff!

Appreciate all the posters putting in the time and effort!

Even rise from ashes is back, and it seems less in fighting here in the last week or so. Even as sp has been tanking, so thats good to see.

• Love
Reactions: 31 users
amazing individual:ROFLMAO: You're too kind with your words. I hope the spotlight shopping expedition was not too painful.
It brings me back to the days when I was a toddler going to Kmart with my mother. The dress aisles were so boring when I just wanted to hang out in the toy section and the bicycle section.
phoenix-flame.gif

tenor.gif

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Diogenese

Top 20

“So basically gives us a sensor that creates data and can take that data, learn from it, analyse it, and help you…So the advantage is, the analysis is happening on the device. There is no internet connectivity required…the results are instantaneous.”

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

“…we are developing some Lidar data set applications for them…"
This ties in nicely with my earlier post about the downloading of updated image model libraries.

What is interesting is that "we are developing" the datasets for them. Does this mean that we could be getting licence fees for the use of the datasets?

I have seen a few references by other AI companies about the commercial value of such data sets.

If we did end up getting licence fees for the data sets, there could also be ongoing maintenance fees to cover access to the updated data, and it would be necessary for the car owners to keep the datasets updated or, for example, it may void insurance or warranty.

This is just my idle thoughts and not financial advice.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Proga

Regular
Ok, this has got me confused.

The top 20 shareholders list as per last announcement on 1AUG22 is:
View attachment 15431

On the MSN Money website, it shows Brainchip ownership by Mutual Fund:

View attachment 15426

And also ownership of Brainchip shares by Institutions:

View attachment 15427

I'm not sure how current the data is on the MSN website, but these 2 lists are totally different to that shown on the Top 20 Shareholders list. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what insight the lists from the MSN website give us?

(I presume all these other entities hold BRN shares, which is good!)
@JK200SX I'd love to see an updated version of this.

When you look at BRN's Institutional ownership of 5.93% and compare it with the subset of Mutual Fund ownership of 5.19%, there can't be much owned by all of the Australian Superannuation Funds. Thinking aloud, I wonder if the recent Institutional buying was from the superannuation funds or are they still hesitant because they don't understand the tech?

Comparing it to SYR again, SYR's Institutional ownership is 37.04% and Mutual Fund ownership is 8.84% knowing that Aus Super owns 18.04% and CBA Super owns 1.61% (for our German friends Aus Super is just one of many Australian Superannuation Funds. Superannuation is like the US 401k)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

clip

Regular
Atfer having a look at the GoPro Twitter account and some of its impressive videos

I thought how cool it would be when someday anybody is able to produce these kinds of videos with the help of AI.
And look by whom you will find videos, when you google Drone + AI + cinematography at the first results:
Carnegie Mellon University

Mr. Bonatti, who done his PhD at Carnegie Mellon University and currently working at Microsoft, has more short videos on his youtube channel.
Also his two recent videos about another topic (Reshaping Robot Trajectories Using Natural Language Commands Using Transformers) are interesting.

Following some links, i came up to the company Skydio (https://www.skydio.com/)
They already have some products for shooting cinematographic videos and other purposes on the market.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
I am impressed of this detail!

"We have highlighted
this capability in one of our demos where we show the AKIDA chip can accurately
identify and classify a toy elephant and give it the label “elephant.” AKIDA then
recognizes elephants in photographs or videos in the wild."

And with the 0.3 vs 300W and the equation P=E/t only the time is unknown to us and that would interest me. P/work is the same we also know the energy/consumption. Of course, we would have to be able to match the time with the latence and assign it to the number of nodes in order to draw clear conclusions. And I assume that it is the Loihi 1. Still analogous to Nviso and the Nvidia vs Akida comparison I'm interested in the hardware and time. Does anyone have exact figures and data?

And where is the difference between number and figure?

Sorry if already been asked or diskussed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
I personally do not think it is ambiguous.

Anil Mankar, Peter van der Made, Rob Telson, Ken Scarince, Jerome Nadel and Sean Hehir have all stated the AKIDA neural fabric is processor and sensor agnostic.

The ARM Cortex M 4 is only on the AKD1000 chip to run the peripherals which allows an IP customer to use AKIDA with what ever processor it is already running.

So as I say no confusion in my mind.

So is ARM confused or is ARM deliberately with Brainchip running interference for existing customers like Renesas so that some uncertainty can be injected.

In any event take it from me there is no doubt you can run AKIDA with every ARM processor under the Sun.

Now this should draw out the Ogre if I am wrong. 😂🤣😂

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 2 users

Murphy

Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Seems to be an ogre-free zone, FF!

If you don't have dreams, you can't have dreams come true!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Not really relevant here but add it to the list.

This is precicely what I have been getting on about with fully/semi-autonomous vehicles. They will have to have “safety” features that cause them to break unnecessary. They will “jump at shadows”!

Autonomous driving is a case of a desire for a technology pushing for its existence before it is fully ready, and the push to be first to market using our streets as test areas.

I could not agree more stronglt with the statement from the article of:
This nation should not allow this malfunctioning software which Tesla itself warns may do the 'wrong thing at the worst time' on the same streets where children walk to school,” Mr Nader said in a statement.

I am fully supportive of driver assistance technologies but not for fully autonomous vehicles driving on public roads.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀
This is precicely what I have been getting on about with fully/semi-autonomous vehicles. They will have to have “safety” features that cause them to break unnecessary. They will “jump at shadows”!

Autonomous driving is a case of a desire for a technology pushing for its existence before it is fully ready, and the push to be first to market using our streets as test areas.

I could not agree more stronglt with the statement from the article of:
This nation should not allow this malfunctioning software which Tesla itself warns may do the 'wrong thing at the worst time' on the same streets where children walk to school,” Mr Nader said in a statement.

I am fully supportive of driver assistance technologies but not for fully autonomous vehicles driving on public roads.
Don't be so hasty (?) against Tesla. The last video was already not cleared up. This one comes straight from China which is fighting on all fronts against the economy that is not their own. This could just as easily be fake. We don't know.
https://www.mining.com/web/china-linked-bots-attacking-rare-earths-producer-every-day/

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

jeff2151

It was suggested that my decision to step back was sudden and akin to a dummy spit. In reality I spoke with @zeeb0t following the AGM and told him I was thinking of doing so well before the fact.

While not the primary reason I stood back the timing was precipitated by a medical issue detected on my 6 monthly eye exam that ordinarily is an indicator of a potential sudden deterioration in vision.

Fortunately it was as it turned out a side effect of the heavy duty blood thinner required after cardiac stenting.

My scan on Monday proved this to be the case and my glaucoma continues to be stable. The best part is I can go back to moving furniture and not telling Blind Freddie.

My reason in disclosing is twofold. Firstly I privately communicate with many long term investors and I made some aware at the time and wanted to make sure they were kept in the loop as to how it turned out.

Secondly I have been reminded by this chain of events that @uiux is right in principle to demand proof of AKIDA’s use before breaking out the champagne.

Every indicator was that I was about to assume the identity of my alter ego Blind Freddie but as it is now proven there was something else in play.

Remember we are not gamblers trying to guess the number of jelly beans in the bottle we are investors. By the way there are 692 if you want to place a bet.

So remember even if AKIDA is correctly identified as being in an ARM or Renesas chip by the 1,000 Eyes until proof positive exists the BRN share price will remain immune to that knowledge.

Unless Brainchip or the customer make an announcement the market will not give this proof its proper value.

So do not make rash or sudden decisions while drunk that ignore your plan and present financial circumstances.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: I must thank @Diogenes who after I informed him was kind enough to do his own research into the side effects of Plavix and send me his research and I was much reassured by this full list of terrifying consequences of this medication including the parts about sudden brain hemorrhage. I didn’t lose any sleep at all after reading that. 😂😂🤣
Ah, FF - At last I can reveal that you're not always 100% correct!!
1) I checked on the jelly beans and there are only 689 in the jar. I couldn't help myself. I ate three.
2) You needn't have lost any sleep over the Plavix causing a brain haemorrhage. Since my major heart-out-of-chest surgery, my blood's been medicated down to the viscosity of water. So if I nick myself, I bleed for hours. If I bump myself I bruise black and blue. My nose bleeds every day. But that's a good thing - so I'm told. These minor leaks act as safety valves and take the pressure off the vessels in the brain. So I'm less likely to have a major cerebral haemorrhage like my mother did. Now, it seems that your eyes have simply acted as a safety valve to protect your brain!
Glad you're back here and that your health's improving! Don't over-do it.
Jeff

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 53 users

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 47 users

cosors

👀
Don't be so hasty (?) against Tesla. The last video was already not cleared up. This one comes straight from China which is fighting on all fronts against the economy that is not its own. This could just as easily be fake. We don't know.
https://www.mining.com/web/china-linked-bots-attacking-rare-earths-producer-every-day/
Don' get me wrong. I was so short tempered because my battery was at the end. I am definitely not a friend of camera only! Just it is so that Tesla is often unfairly attacked. I have many brothers and sisters. The first fight had to fight my grant sister ergo Tesla. After that everything was easier. Tesla has only enemies or fans. You always have to take that into account. I know you are about something else but I am not quite so maybe conservative or restrictive. I don't really see the added value in completely autonomous driving except that the already often immature drivers are even less attentive, but there is still its benefit and the industry wants it, so it happens. Only Tesla is often unfairly attacked even if I am not a friend of their system to repeat myself.

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
Ah, FF - At last I can reveal that you're not always 100% correct!!
1) I checked on the jelly beans and there are only 689 in the jar. I couldn't help myself. I ate three.
2) You needn't have lost any sleep over the Plavix causing a brain haemorrhage. Since my major heart-out-of-chest surgery, my blood's been medicated down to the viscosity of water. So if I nick myself, I bleed for hours. If I bump myself I bruise black and blue. My nose bleeds every day. But that's a good thing - so I'm told. These minor leaks act as safety valves and take the pressure off the vessels in the brain. So I'm less likely to have a major cerebral haemorrhage like my mother did. Now, it seems that your eyes have simply acted as a safety valve to protect your brain!
Glad you're back here and that your health's improving! Don't over-do it.
Jeff
Jeff, your words really resonate with me. I wish you all the best. You still have to experience with us the time when ReRAM and Akida conquer the market so that your great plan comes true! I try to sent you transcedental strength. Your attitude towards life is a role model for me. In thoughts with you! ❤️ cosors

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom