BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
@Bravo good point. They also said the light weight MB.OS will be in the E-class models meaning ICE and Electric.

What's interesting, is they describe the EQE as having "Advanced voice control" but the EQS as having "the latest iteration of voice control". The EQE will have the light weight version of MB.OS but the EQS initially won't.

It sounds like Akida can run on the light weight MB.OS. What was in the EQXX?? I went back into the original detailed article MB posted about the EQXX on their website and it doesn't mention what operating system they were using.

I did spot this however. Hindsight is a beautiful thing: 🤦‍♂️

This car is one outcome of an ongoing programme that is delivering a blueprint for the future of automotive engineering. Many of its features and developments are already being integrated into production, including the next generation of the MMA – the Mercedes-Benz Modular Architecture for compact and medium-sized cars.

Hi @Proga , I thought Akida would be incorporated with the NVIDIA DRIVE platform in which case I imagine it would be in both the EQE and EQS.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

cosors

👀
The problem with machine justice is it will be a very, very long time before we can program nuance into a machine.

From our very beginning we have an innate desire to survive which manifests itself in very young children lying as their first response when confronted by a parent over an event which the child perceives the parent to be upset about.

This response continues into adulthood and if we are honest with ourselves we all tell lies even when we have a reasonable explanation.

This telling of lies is more likely in situations of stress such as being confronted by the Police with an allegation.

I cannot now recall how many clients I appeared for who in their panicked fearful state initially told the Police a lie when the truth would have provided a complete defense.

Perhaps the funniest was a young male client charged with a number of offences. I was acting for his catastrophically injured sister and had called in to get some documents signed. She asked me if I would act for her brother who was sitting with her. I said yes and after some initial instructions I asked him what he had told the police.

He told me and I said is that what happened and he said no.

I said well tell me what happened then and he said do you want the truth and I said yes. So he told me the truth and I asked him a couple of questions which highlighted the problems with this version.

He then said so you want the real truth and I said yes and again some more questions from me highlighted again the problems with the real truth.

As he fumbled around from the kitchen came the booming voice of his mother and I quote “Your not smart enough to fool him now tell him the F—king truth.”

He then told me the F truth which was in fact the truth as you and I would know it and armed with the truth we went to court and had the charges dismissed.

If you count it up there were four lots of truth one more than the boy who cried wolf. I doubt that machine justice would have achieved justice faced with this human and his personality and emotional weakness.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I find it interesting that lying has to be learned. The mixing of truth and fantasy happens for most people around the age of three. But that's probably not the point here. For me the picture that emerges is that of a lying machine. A form of technical intelligence that for me comes very close to the play instinct for learning out of boredom for a robot. Interesting food for thought, even if that is probably not what is meant. But I'm also a bit distracted because of my graphite corner and good news. 🍷

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Hey Team,

Not sure if any relevance but found this article interesting, I seem to remember someone saying that we might be used on the edge of a data centre for cyber security?

Below quote from article.

“With a next generation firewall, we are moving to a distributed model,” Deierling said, adding, “No longer are we really confined to the way that previously data centers were built. Now, you have an edge router or firewall sitting at the perimeter of the data center, and all the traffic inside of the data center to be trusted.”

Nvidia, Dell, VMware look to offload CPU traffic in busy AI environments​

By Dan O'Shea

Aug 30, 2022

08:00am

NVIDIADellVMwareartificial intelligence (AI)

Nvidia BlueField-2 DPU
Combined solution includes Nvidia BlueField -2 DPUs (pictured), GPUs and AI Enterprise software running on Dell PowerEdge servers and optimized for vSphere 8. (Nvidia) Nvidia and Dell unveiled an integrated solution at VMware Explore 2022 this week that matches Nvidia BlueField-2 DPUs, GPUs and AI Enterprise software with Dell PowerEdge servers, and is optimized for VMware vSphere 8 enterprise workload platform that also was unveiled at the event.

The combined solution, now available through the Nvidia LaunchPad hands-on lab environment, delivers advanced AI training, AI inference, data processing, data science and zero-trust security capabilities for enterprises that are rapidly expanding their AI use cases and comfort zones. As they continue to do so, they will need to find ways to offload AI applications from overloaded CPUs, and that is what the DPU/GPU/AI software packages running on Dell servers can provide, according to Kevin Deierling, Senior Vice President of Networking at Nvidia.

“If you look at the challenges with today's data centers, you see that with modern applications with massive processing that data is consuming CPU cycles,” he said.

“The increased demand for distributed apps is the other thing that's happened,” he said, explaining that applications have evolved from monolithic, centralized models to virtualized, containerized and distributed applications that have caused an explosion in “East-West” traffic cross-crossing networks. That in turn has led to a need for more distributed security

“With a next generation firewall, we are moving to a distributed model,” Deierling said, adding, “No longer are we really confined to the way that previously data centers were built. Now, you have an edge router or firewall sitting at the perimeter of the data center, and all the traffic inside of the data center to be trusted.”

So, the full extent of what Nvidia, Dell and VMware are trying to enable is an environment where vSphere 8 offloads, accelerates, isolates and better secures data center infrastructure services onto the BlueField DPU, freeing up CPU cycles.

“Distributed modern applications with AI/ML and analytics are driving the transformation of data center architecture by leveraging accelerators and providing better security as part of the mainstream application infrastructure,” said Krish Prasad, senior vice president and general manager of the Cloud Platform Business Unit at VMware. “Dell PowerEdge servers built on the latest VMware vSphere 8 innovations, and accelerated by Nvidia BlueField DPUs, provide next-generation performance and efficiency for mission-critical enterprise cloud applications while better protecting enterprises from lateral threats across multi-cloud environments.”

Nvidia also said that an upcoming release of its AI Enterprise will bring support for new capabilities introduced in VMware vSphere 8, including the ability to support larger multi-GPU workloads, optimize resources and easily manage the GPU lifecycle.

Beyond the LaunchPad availability, Dell servers with vSphere 8 on Nvidia BlueField-2 DPU will be available later in the year.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

cosors

👀
😅
The first rain in many weeks or months I don't know. Today is really a holiday!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
😅
The first rain in many weeks or months I don't know. Today is really a holiday!
Hi @cosors

When your European drought has lasted ten years tell Australians about it. A drought that does not last ten years in Australia is just a reason to go to the beach.🤣😂🤣

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

cosors

👀
Hi @cosors

When your European drought has lasted ten years tell Australians about it. A drought that does not last ten years in Australia is just a reason to go to the beach.🤣😂🤣

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Bam!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Slade

Top 20
The news that Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev died today hasn’t really registered with me. I’m still getting over the shock of finding out that he didn’t die decades ago.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Oh my goodness did you read we will be able to send selfies even while driving where can I get one.
How have we managed without this feature.

It is like a huge weight has been placed on the collective IQ of all humanity in an effort to drive it down and ensure the ascendancy of machines.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users

cosors

👀
The news that Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachev died today hasn’t really registered with me. I’m still getting over the shock of finding out that he didn’t die decades ago.
Difficult past. But without him Germany would not have been reunified. I think.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
for us in Germany it was really great 1989, when the Berlin wall falls, I really hope this forum will not begin to be a political one, ok
In Germany we have to much of problems, because we´d hat to much trust.........

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 19 users

cosors

👀
I have already deleted my provocative political post 🤗

• Love
  • Fire

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
The problem with machine justice is it will be a very, very long time before we can program nuance into a machine.

From our very beginning we have an innate desire to survive which manifests itself in very young children lying as their first response when confronted by a parent over an event which the child perceives the parent to be upset about.

This response continues into adulthood and if we are honest with ourselves we all tell lies even when we have a reasonable explanation.

This telling of lies is more likely in situations of stress such as being confronted by the Police with an allegation.

I cannot now recall how many clients I appeared for who in their panicked fearful state initially told the Police a lie when the truth would have provided a complete defense.

Perhaps the funniest was a young male client charged with a number of offences. I was acting for his catastrophically injured sister and had called in to get some documents signed. She asked me if I would act for her brother who was sitting with her. I said yes and after some initial instructions I asked him what he had told the police.

He told me and I said is that what happened and he said no.

I said well tell me what happened then and he said do you want the truth and I said yes. So he told me the truth and I asked him a couple of questions which highlighted the problems with this version.

He then said so you want the real truth and I said yes and again some more questions from me highlighted again the problems with the real truth.

As he fumbled around from the kitchen came the booming voice of his mother and I quote “Your not smart enough to fool him now tell him the F—king truth.”

He then told me the F truth which was in fact the truth as you and I would know it and armed with the truth we went to court and had the charges dismissed.

If you count it up there were four lots of truth one more than the boy who cried wolf. I doubt that machine justice would have achieved justice faced with this human and his personality and emotional weakness.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
the young lad couldnt handle the truth
Screenshot_20220831-102953_Brave.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Not sure if this has been posted and watched-

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

chapman89

Founding Member
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users

Slade

Top 20
for us in Germany it was really great 1989, when the Berlin wall falls, I really hope this forum will not begin to be a political one, ok
In Germany we have to much of problems, because we´d hat to much trust.........
Sorry Sirod, my post wasn’t meant to be political. Me not knowing that this great historical figure was, up until yesterday, still alive is a reflection of my historical and political ignorance.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 13 users

krugerrands

Regular
For mine the simple diagram and specs on the BRN website shows no specific M class and does not differentiate so I take that can be applied to any M class or should state M4/F or could be misleading so I'll take any M.

View attachment 15434

For mine the simple diagram and specs on the BRN website shows no specific M class and does not differentiate so I take that can be applied to any M class or should state M4/F or could be misleading so I'll take any M.

View attachment 15434

That is just the reference chip.
Well, there you go, that's my dot joining for tonight. I may just now sit back, relax and enjoy another piece of Baklava :)
Mmmmm...... Baklava.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)
for us in germany, he was a great person ok, people, which lived in the east, aren´t allowed to come to the west, as i was a child i found it horrible, ok but we are a democracy, i don´t want to speak here about this more, ok

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

Slade

Top 20
Trying to watch it but won’t load as I’m in Fiji- Tokoriki island fyi 😆
It’s a great watch Jesse. But if I was in Fiji I wouldn’t be putting my cocktail down to watch it. The video goes over the different ARM chips and plans for development. The technical members amongst us should get a lot from this.

7FD4D48A-B334-48A1-83D6-84C584646A70.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Top Bottom